Veeky Forums's purpose

What's the point of this board anymore?

I mean seriously, what's happening with tabletop games that actually requires having an entire board of angry people screaming at one another for playing not only the wrong game, but also the wrong edition of the wrong game?

At least on more popular boards like /v/, /a/, /co/, etc. you'll find threads being made on the current state of the industry as a whole with people discussing the future while shitposting and creating OC or something but here? It's been stagnating for a while now and I think people here have either forgotten the purpose of the board or are only here for shitposting.

Who knows? Maybe I'm wrong, so please remind me, why does this board exist again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_pen_and_paper_role-playing_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Traditional gaming's industry is larger than it ever has been, I have no idea what you're talking about. We have more to talk about than ever before.

Also if topics like Origami have their board then Traditional Games is a viable topic.

>I mean seriously, what's happening with tabletop games that actually requires having an entire board of angry people screaming at one another for playing not only the wrong game, but also the wrong edition of the wrong game?
I don't know either, but I'll know where to find that when the time comes.

It was more fun back when quests were allowed, sure.

Eventually all the OC stuff will get banned and have to go to /qst/, and then we'll have the old Veeky Forums back.

Just on a different board.

I basically just lurk for "that gm" "that guy" and "worse tabletop experiences" threads cause they make me laugh my ass off. also i like to see what people are painting in WIP's.

Veeky Forums is more about general fantasy than specifically board games.

It is a board made to discuss anything related to traditional games. Like pic related.
It isn't rocket science, damnit !

Traditional gaming is being held up by GW and WotC and the only reason it still has that much of a presence is because they were smart enough to branch out from being pure tabletop.

I mean, do you think it's a coincidence that the only tabletop games with a sizeable presence are games that also have a line of video games, tv shows, books, comics, etc. based on them?

Just leave then faggot. I'm sure this board isn't hosted on your shitty computer.

I come here for resources, discussion, new ttrpg to try, WIP, and the Lovecraft threads. Other threads are fun

>what's the point of [BOARD ABBREVIATION]?
>Why do they autistically screech at each other?

How new are you?
Go back to Facebook

>I come here for resources, discussion, new ttrpg to try, WIP, and the Lovecraft threads.
Bitch where?

Shut the fuck up.

Back to your ghetto.

fucking kill yourself

>what's happening with tabletop games
They've been expanding into the mainstream in huge ways, and growing stronger every day. Innovations and new ideas are reshaping the landscape of tabletop roleplaying.

>you'll find threads being made on the current state of the industry as a whole with people discussing the future
We have those here. Tabletop roleplaying moves slower than comics or video gaming, but we constantly have people bitching about how new games are too easy, new players too pampered -the usual grumpy nostalgia. I do notice people griping about the state of miniature gaming too now and then.

Also part of this . We seem to have become the board for all kinds of fantasy, as that body of fiction is almost inseparable from roleplaying.

No, (You). "No fun allowed" types like yourselves are the worst.

>Legitimate discussion happens on /a/
>Not a pure storm of autism about shipping, "I hate x anime" "x girl is best waifu" and other assorted shitposting.
Veeky Forums is shit but we're not at the levels of shit as those "popular boards", OP.

And I'm saying you're an idiot.

The variety of TCGs, boardgames, and TTRPGs on the market today dwarf what was available in the 90s. You're obviously underaged.

>BUT MUH FUUUUUUUUUN
No, really, shut the fuck up. You're embarrassing yourself.

Samefagging troll detected. Abandon thread.

They just own a monopoly on the market, they were there forst. If it wasn't them it'd be someone else.

Any anyway they clearly aren't, Asmodee are growing year on year and so are others like CMON. GW and WOTC might have managed to come back a bit in the past couple of years but they're only going to plateau again and have to find another way to sucker newcomers in to buy their shitty product (especially GW although they seem to be solving this a bit with shadespire)

The point of this board is discuss how cute Ribbon is.

She is very cute.

I literally just discovered Veeky Forums last Monday.

This board is pretty chill compared to my usual haunts of /sp/ and /co/

lol, enjoying your 40+ general threads and minimal OC?

I bet the OC was "cringey"

you lost

>on a board about games
>"fkn fags, y r u trying to have fun?"

>The variety of TCGs, boardgames, and TTRPGs on the market today dwarf what was available in the 90s.
Such as?

Are you serious because I honestly can't tell if you're just extremely new to the hobby or trying to troll.

>Questshits THIS delusional
Nobody likes you. This is why you were exiled off the board. And you didn't help the case by whining about it every day, turning people who didn't give a shit against you too.

The fact that your response wasn't showing any of the so-called "variety" only shows me that you made a half-assed claim and got BTFO'd when you were asked to present evidence.

It doesn't matter though, ask the average normie if they heard about something aside from D&D, MtG, WH40K, or Milton Bradley shit will only illicit confusion anyways, so it's already a moot point.

It's also held up by FFG, which has been kicking ass in terms of released content and even pretty solid license games (40k at one point, Star Wars, Fallout).

The gaming industry literally hasnt been more diverse.

>And you didn't help the case by whining about it every day, turning people who didn't give a shit against you too.
Why would it matter what random posters on Veeky Forums think about quests, or about the people who run them?

Sir, you are a beggar and a mongrel. Intercourse thyself.

>you lost
Nah, we just gained Mage Guild, Galactic Federation, and Field Kit Inspection last month. We gained evo threads before that. Soon we'll gain CYOAs, and all those TowerGirls artists will come with them.

/qst/ even has worldbuilding threads that don't immediately descend into insulting the OP for trying to make OC on Veeky Forums.

We're making out like bandits over there.

Ok, let's go over 90s vs. today.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games
The number of TCGs released in the 90s is 101, where as in the 2000s it was 203 releases. It has just over doubled the number of releases in the tame timeframe. Now in the 2010s the list is unfortunately pretty incomplete, but this shows my point.

For board games we've seen a resurgence in the medium in the 2000s. See pic related.

Now for TTRPGs just take a look to see. We've seen a roughly 50% increase in the 2000s vs the 90s.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_pen_and_paper_role-playing_games

So get fucked buddy.

NOOOOO DONT USE FACTS

Great. If you have it so great there, please don't come here ever again.

Then stay there, leave Veeky Forums in peace.

I like to discuss fantasy stuff.

How does it feel getting BTFO by