youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

>Latest Errata: June 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/6.23.2017/Core-Rules-Errata-June2017.pdf

>Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces Sept2017v2.pdf

>Steamroller Rules
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/LnL/Steamroller Rules 2017.pdf

>Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

>Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

>Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>latest NQ
www98.zippyshare.com/v/8ecC0GtB/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-10-17-2017
youtu.be/3HUWUtTZvK4
youtube.com/watch?v=JyTbc1qLZ_c
youtube.com/watch?v=8-j8cjM09XI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For those who haven't seen, the trollblood CID changes are now live.

>privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-10-17-2017

Neat

>New to hordes
>painting a cage rager

user... was there any more to this post? What happened?

I know all the memes about DEAD GAEM DEAD THREAD, but are our posters keeling over in mid sentence now?

>kill me now
>forgetting half of a post

Sorry, i'm disctracted fellow anonbro
fuck these cages tho

At least yo are painting. I've been in a painting slump. I recently acquired a Circle army and I can't decide on a color scheme. I like the default for the most part, but it feels like it's lacking something and I haven't been able to really come up with a design I feel good about in my mind.

You could paint them in a tribal african style
bright colors, zebra and leopard patterns, dark skin colors
wolves become hyenas
wolds in sandstone colors
griffons become vultures

Reminder that Skorne has the worst solos, UAs, and weapon crews (see: 0) of all factions. Half of their solos are only taken as part of theme lists because they're literally models designed to be in a theme.

You have the Willbreaker. Your post is invalid

youtu.be/3HUWUtTZvK4
Grymkin.mp3

>tell the court where the puppet master recked you

Skorne solos are great, but they tend to be (situational thing) on a stick.

The will breaker, pgmt, void spirit, are legitimately great.

I'm a little worried the new mist speaker will overtake the extoller, though.

>puppet master recked you
It hasn't in recent memory, but it's a fantastic spell

That’s Khador or Cryx. Grymkin would be something like youtube.com/watch?v=JyTbc1qLZ_c

More like youtube.com/watch?v=8-j8cjM09XI

What?

Soulward is amazing, Willbreaker is great, PGMT is one of the best combat solos in the game for it's cost.

The Swordsmen UA is amazing, the Vorkesh is absolute tits and the Venerator UA adds a shitload to the unit.

As far as weapon crews go, the Catapult is better than most people give it credit for, and the Flayer cannon can do quite a bit of work with casters like Hexy2 or Rasheth.

Vorkesh is one of the best support UAs there is, but he is attached to a Cetrati unit, which is either a slightly clumsy and inefficient hammer or a slightly fragile anvil.

I guess I better try selling again.

How dead is this game

60% if generous

An old trick for people painting wood elves armies was to just pick a season, and then steal all those colors. They're supposed to blend in to the woods, so just figure out what woods you're talking about and paint it like that. I think the idea holds up for Circle.

>puppet master recked you
>It hasn't in recent memory, but it's a fantastic spell
I feel like it's not as strong in mk3, but I can't pinpoint exactly why. I have a suspicion that the devs working to remove "negative play experiences" had an unintended side effect of reducing the number of make-or-break dice rolls in an average game. And the value of a single reroll is proportional to the importance of the roll it's used on. But that's just a hypothesis.

>60% if generous
Does "generous" in this context mean it's probably more or less than 60% deadness?

Are you a bucket-of-scrapped-minis half-full or half-empty guy?

>I feel like it's not as strong in mk3, but I can't pinpoint exactly why
Because it was explicitly nerfed you tard. In Mk2 you could reroll more shit, and could reroll any number of the dice. Need an 8 and you got a 6+1? Pick up the 1 and reroll that. Now in Mk3 you can only reroll attack and damage rolls, and you have to do the whole thing. On top of that it lost ancillery attack. But now it can give out tough! Oh wait they nerfed tough too.

>Willbreaker
Sure, but half of the time the main reason I bring it is because too much shit in Skorne has fuckawful attack rolls and he can compensate with Puppet Master. It's very rare for tough to achieve anything meaningful in Mk3 outside of Doublecats.
>PGMT
Thresher and Sprint are Skornegy, friend. If your opponent's infantry is RNG2 she will die like a bitch. If I could use Strider Deathstalkers I wouldn't even think twice about a PGMT. Her problem is she's just too fucking slow for Sprint to actually do anything. And don't get me started on how anatomical precision is a worse version of snipe.
>Void Spirit
Overcosted Feralgeist. Don't even bother mentioning Mordikaar. Not even he should be fielding them; only making them off Despoiler. It's just too reliant on your opponent having living models that don't have tough.
>Mist Speaker v Soulward
The only reason you'd use the Mist Speaker is theme restrictions because sometimes a Soulward is a 3 point POW18 boostable gun with ghost shot.

I'd rather bring a cyclops than half of these shits desu.

> It's very rare for tough to achieve anything meaningful in Mk3 outside of Doublecats.

It's rare for Kovnik Grigorovich to achieve anything outside of 9xRocketeers. Does that make him a bad solo?

Most people just convert him to a regular Rager if you know what I mean.

There are no bad Skorne solos. Just one that is stuck in a theme force where it has no business being. What we really need is more UAs and some more solos.

>the new mist speaker
That is such a massive dick move. Some casters just don't work in IWH because they need Soulwards. Instead of just allowing them in there PP expects me to buy some minion model that does the exact same thing. Fuck that.

>Whining about Skorne
>In late 2017
Play. Fucking play the faction and you might realize that it is among the most powerful in the entire game. Easily Top5 material.

The Germans realized that ages ago. And now they even get free points!

>Mulg
>Madrak1
>Runebearer
>Champions
All these things please me very much

Same here. Hopefully the Northkin stuff is similar to the end of CID as well.

So, lemme get this straight, you're:
1) playing at a level of competition where any of this actually matters, AND
2) complaining about having to buy a single small-based solo this cycle to keep your list competitive

Have I got that right?

I'm complaining that it is a stupid cashgrab and another instance of themes making no fucking sense.

>The Germans realized that ages ago
Joke's on you. I am one of them. There is a claim that the American meta is behind by six months. I'm not sure about that in general, but for Skorne it definitely is.

What are some of those german lists? Im interested in the tech they have developed lol

Here is what the WTC Skorne Player in the winning team Germany brought. Keep in mind that team-tournaments are a bit skewed, since you can willfully drop faction matchups.

Xerxis 2 [Imperial Warhost]
Agonizer
Archid on
Archidon
Arc hidon
Archidon
Arch idon
Archidon
A rchidon
Basilisk Krea
Basilisk Krea
Tiberion
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min)

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam.

Rasheth [Winds of Death]
Basilisk Krea
Cyclops Raider
Cyclops Shaman
Cyclops Shaman
Siege Animantarax
Siege Animantarax
Venator Reivers (max)
Venator Reivers UA
Venator Slingers (min)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max)
Venator Dakar
Extoller Soulward
Extoller Soulward
Mortitheurge Willbreaker

We're still developing. Obviously there are the WTC lists and you can never go wrong with blindly copying Dominik's lists.

While I am far from WTC level I'll gladly share my thoughts. I'm currently interested in MoW, especially with Zaadesh2 and Rasheth. Both of them should play well with Cetrati and a single unit of cats. I've been playing a lot of MakCats before MoW, but I want to see what else can be done with the theme.

After a few games with those lists and the usual double turtle list, I'll take a look at Exhalted (3* Immortals) with Zaadesh2 and Jalaam. I've played a lot of the former with beasts and I'm really excited for the latter. Maybe I'll even give Zaal2 a chance.

Another build I want to try is Xerxis2 with 4 Sentries. Don't know when I'll get to that. Painting those will take ages.

DoA could be great with both Morghoul2/Xekaar and all the Brigands or with Naaresh and all the Archidons. But I'm not buying all of those minions.

Aside from that there are some larger tournaments coming up (ClogCon!) and I'll carefully watch what my fellow Skorne players are bringing.

He was definitely not planning on dodging any matchups with that list pair.
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam.
I just love it when that happens.

Truly this is a marvellous game.

Its a dead game

No friend you just need to buy 8 Archidons and play a linear spam list until Archidons get nerfed and you need to buy 6 Rhinodons.

>implying everyone doesn't already own 6 Rhinodons

Such is the age of thememachine.

If implementing and testing an extra theme benefit across dozens of lists and factions, for the purpose of selling one $12 solo to a handful of players is what qualifies as a "cashgrab" these days, what we should really be criticizing is PP's lack of ambition. I know lifelong retired potheads that have a lower effort-to-profit threshold than that.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the grymkin warlocks?
With which one did you have the most fun with?

>that Xerxis2 list

What's her endgame?

Deus ex Scrapjack

Is there a solution that can wash away super glue without damaging the model? I got angry with my Tartarus and covered it in glue before throwing it in the bin, but now I want to try assembling the arms again.

More dead.

The problem is that while there's stories of communities growing there's no stories of community starting up while there's definitely stories of community being dead completely.

> Masochism: Could It Be Right For You?

Vorkesh being free makes it way better.

Mak2 loves herself a fort to hide in while she goes to 0 every single turn.

Morg3 also likes it, I think, especially since he can sprint in and out of it.

Please get out of this thread. Honestly the only thing dead here is how braindead all you trolls are. I HATE how you can't seem to understand that if you don't want to play the game, NOBODY is forcing you. There is no benefit to shitting up this thread with DED GAEM and THEMEMACHINE. You idiots realize that PP is a game company right? They SELL models! If they just let the game stay the same then what would be the point of making new editions. They are buffing old models because otherwise nobody would buy any models. The fact that themes encourage players to buy models that people did not normally use is a business tactic that ALL game companies use. Even then, if you don't want to buy models for theme lists, and only use old models then go play MK2, nobody is stopping you. PP spends years working on a new edition and you don't want to support them by buying any models? Do you expect them to update the game for the rest of their lives for nothing? How about you idiots leave this thread and go play checkers, you can buy the game once and the rules will never change because they are perfectly balanced. Thats what you wanted right? I would recommend Chess but that would be too hard for troglodytes like you.

I haven't played in probably 18 months. Trying to sell my stuff at a great deal on a few market places. People are only selling. No buying. It's this shit dead? I got stuff at 25% retail not moving.

>25% retail
If it's painted, you're a fucker
Try 50%

Around half is painted. Most is Metal. I've even said I'd strip the paint for the buyer. I CANNOT move it.

>I’ve already said I’ll strip the paint for the buyer
Do that shit in the first place if you are honestly set on selling the lot.

Unless you painted at a high professional level - which you didn’t, because we’re on fucking Veeky Forums - a bare model is more marketable than one that that has someone’s personal brand slapped on it already. Whenever I shop for used models I consider any prebuilt bare models based on their physical condition, but prepainted lots all carry the promise of an evening spent hunched over a vat of degreaser with a toothbrush.

Do that work before you put it on the open market so a potential buyer doesn’t even have to consider the possibility of having to strip paint. Don’t come here to bitch about DED GAME just because you’re having trouble hooking someone with the hardest possible sell for wargaming pieces.

This is some of the most incorrect shit I've seen lol.

Stop, user. It doesn't help anything. Report them if you like but the only way to reliably get a troll to go away is to completely ignore it.

What all you selling?

25% MSRP stuff not selling is ded gaem no matter what.

Why would you report against the truth?

Yo. What are you selling?

Dude, just hide their posts. Either they are trolls, butt hurt 40k fanboys or paid GW shills.

You're not helping by reacting to them.

Anyone have CoI's rules yet?

>Nah, game didn't shrink because the game became shit. It's literally everyone else's fault

IT'S A COMBINED ARMS ARMY user, BECAUSE HE HAS A WARLOCK TOO

I fucking hate spam and I hate Theme lists. PP took one of the worst design elements in Mk 2 and made it NECESSARY in Mk 3. To sell models. At cost of the game.

>No friend you just need to buy 8 Archidons and play a linear spam list until Archidons get nerfed and you need to buy 6 Rhinodons.

That made me chuckle

I just sold most of my army at or above retail because of my painting.

post pictures.

Not on Veeky Forums, no way :)

You're right, you might get hacked by that evil hacker 4-chan.
I hear he's a real nasty character. Blew up a van once.

>You're right, you might get hacked by that evil hacker 4-chan.

Can tell you're a new fag.

I've been on chan for years. I've seen people post iPhone photos that they thought had their GPS stripped, watched an autist track down their house address, find them on Facebook, message friends, etc. Not on /b either

So I have a few rules when I post on Veeky Forums. Don't post any personal pictures, don't share any personal details and assume everyone is autistic and a potential school shooter. It's served me well.

Nobody is going to go through all that trouble just to fuck with you. What do you even have to be ashamed of? You're posting on a blue board about board games.
Just strip the exif data and crop to trick image searching. Jesus you're so paranoid

>Jesus you're so paranoid

Yes

Well Warmahordes has basically died in my area, in no small part because of theme lists making combined arms lists irrelevant. The only time people buy models they buy them second hand from trade groups. But please, keep telling me about how PP are selling models by forcing you to buy 8 of the same fucking heavy. Funnily enough I've actually been playing more chess at my LGS than Warmahordes lately.

I'm in the same boat as you user. I've been trying to move some of my stuff at 40% retail, almost entirely built, but bare metal and plastic. Just a handful of primed or painted models, but I can't get any takers except for people throwing me a lowball on a single jack.

That being said I'm actually starting get BACK into the game after a long hiatus and just downsizing my collection and getting rid of extra factions. I want to be able to fit my army in a single bag instead of having a faction complete collection and a couple side factions.

>PGMT
The weapon master is a nice add, and shouldn't be discounted with apparition, sprint, and scoring.
>Will breaker
Puppet master and tough are excellent but he's by no means an auto take without a specific plan.
>Void Spirit
Has some new life in masters of war. Mordikaar also shores up the lack of magic weapons in that theme specifically. It's worth a look imo

>Mist Speaker in theme
That's exactly it, guidance for double siege animantarax in imperial warhost covers a significant list weakness.

I'm not sure if it's entirely the fact that Warmahordes has fallen out of favor a bit, because consider this:
Why would I ever need a second model of a warlock/caster I already own? And for a more Trollbloods specific example, why would I need a second Krielstone?
There's a lot of models that go unsold just because people don't want a second one of it. The store that I go to has FOUR Horgle the Anvils. After your initial buy, who's going to buy a second one? You need a brand new player starting the faction or the game.
Then again that's kinda just part of the wargames market it seems.

Yeah, but people buy sell and trade lots all the time when they can get a good deal. Obviously an established player has little to no interest in picking up a lot, but a new player or someone swapping factions or starting a new one or just a player wanting to expand their collections you would think would be interested. But nah.

Who can say? A couple months ago I sold my old Warhammer Fantasy army,a much larger collection than I have for warmachine. I got a buyer literally within minutes of posting the list on a trade site and honestly got nearly double what I would have taken as a minium for the army.

Was it something out of print, like say Tomb Kings?

I can't get a game without driving an hour. I'm thinking about selling

used to be able to play in town or 30 minutes away regularly

>feeding the trolls

>I can't get a game without driving an hour.
I have to take the train for an hour. Suck it up, pussy.

Menoth. At quarter to half retail with some free goodies thrown in like a carrying case, dice, outdated faction books, templates.

No one plays out of theme anyways.

The joke with Archidon list is that it was never played and was taken to press people into list chicken.

It was never played because there were never any matchups for it. The list itself is legit. It merely being there as a chicken is a community myth.

I don't believe the idea of taking a second list just for list chicken is just a myth. It's just misunderstood.

For instance, through several podcasts, I've heard many competative players talk about how they only planned on playing a single caster out of a two list pairing, and put in the second list just to deter people from dropping the hard counter into their favored lists.

Although, in most cases I heard this, it was for practice, and not to win the whole thing.

No. Orcs & Goblins for what it's worth.

On another note, what do you think of today's insider? I'm really less than thrilled about it. This game is awesome, but being horribly mismanaged. Matt Wilson needs to go. Every new step forward they take is bumbling at best. We now have Privateer Press Forgeworld. Just what this game needed.

>On another note, what do you think of today's insider?
100% in agreement with you, user. No idea what they're doing anymore.

I'm really disappointed. Every good move they make is followed by a terrible. We get CID, which I think is very cool and good for the game, then forums are nuked and press gangers disbanded. Company of Iron is coming out, a sensible expansion and in my estimation a really fun alternate rule set. Then we get Black Anchor Heavy Industries.

As someone who got into the game in the very beginning of Mk2 and too a long break due to the trainwreck release of Mk3 I've been pretty excited to dive back into things, but it seems like at every turn the company is intent on running a great product into the ground.

On top of following right in the footsteps of GW in some of the worst ways this is horribly alienating to all the foreign consumers.

They are struggling hence they can't just make stuff in excess. This isn't PP FW, it's PP web exclusive.

>I don't believe the idea of taking a second list just for list chicken is just a myth. It's just misunderstood.
Well the list was heavily tested before the tournament and the guy has played Archidon spam in other largeish tournaments before. SO I think he was well prepared to drop it.

>We now have Privateer Press Forgeworld
I mean, it's not that, because they aren't alternate models. If you want to play a Dracodile, you have exactly one choice. So what are they doing...

Seems pretty obvious to me. The big models have big costs at every level of production and retail and (should) ideally have corresponding margins. My guess is online retailers undercutting (you frequently see colossals and gargs on sale for < 50% retail) means there's no profit in it. If they sell online only, they can hold the price point and make a profit.

The Black Island thing is probably just an attempt to put positive spin on what would otherwise be a blatant desperation move.

At my lgs there is one of every collosal/garg on the top shelf that has been sitting there for like 4 years unsold. That's probably why, that's just wasted product at that point.

I imagine it's the same issue Guilliman has sat on my local LGS for like a year at this point.
Why would you buy more than one?