Sigils, flags, banners, etc

What's the best sigil for a royal family?

What sigils do you like most?

Lions and Eagles are popular in basically every European country. Asian cultures have tigers instead of lions.

I'm a fan of the ouroboros for spellcaster supremacy groups (actually just magical empires), but my favorite has to be the three leaf clover. Not sure why, but it makes me think of a young knight gone off to war to make a name for himself and remembering a little thing once he's made it.

Dragons and lions are always popular for kings. Eagles for emperors are tried and true, but a bit overplayed. I really would love to see more natural phenomena in high ranking iconography. We have the roman thunderbolts, but what about other powerful kinds of weather? Or maybe something like a mountain.

Like this

Seeing as the lion is the king of the savannah, the moose is the king of the forest, the shark is the king of the seas and the eagle is the king of the air I'd said that anyone of those four animals would work just fine for a not!european royal house. The eagle is however perhaps a bit too much associated with empires for it to be used by a kings.

Griffin.

My setting's primary empire doesn't really have family sigils. However the imperial emblem is that of a dragon, kinda but not really like pic related. The dragon symbolises the divine power resting within the imperial throne in it's capacity as the Gods' earthly steward.

The Bear is king of the forest

Tigers are cooler than lions anyway.

Fuck off weeb.

???

Fuck off, paddy

I just default to my grandfather's (I guess mine by extension) real sigil if I can't think of anything. It's the one on the left--grandma is on right.

confirmed for having never seen a moose

Moose scare me. The thing is, it's not because of aggression, it's because of how big and dumb they are. Where I live, you never know when one of those idiots will be in the middle of a backwoods dirt road ready to stand there in front of your car. One of my friends nearly died from having a moose come through the windshield of his car when he hit it.

I used this for a Rogue Trader clan emblem

Cute

I'm a pretty big fan of Crowns, Wreathes, Stars, and Towers, personally speaking.

That's some pretty sick heraldry, user.

No it's not.

I like my family's crest the most, but that's because of the personal relation.

For a fantasy setting I actually really enjoy mythological beings. Griffons, giant squids, dragons, unicorns and so on.
There are also sites, databases and a few willing professors around the world, that can help you create historically accurate heraldry for your made up families.

I think that just having one head and letting it be asymmetrical would be more visually appealing and feel less contrived. On top of that, I would go with a plainer eye that would actually be easier to produce. I like the symbol in general though, if only because it lends itself to short-hand very nicely, as a circle, trapezoids, and another circle pretty much do the job. Personally I would turn the hourglass over so that there's more time left than has passed. The idea that something or someone is past their prime isnt really something you'd advertise.

Yeah, but have you seen what kind of retarded shit you get when you try to be original. You get shit like gay unicorns or ladybirds or fucking roosters. Best to stick to the "unoriginal" classics.

It looks like two knight helmets are in a bitchslap fight.

I'd say bear is king o the riverbank, or the woods, or the hills or back, it's the silly elder God of everywhere it goes.

You're not a man if you don't have the balls to put your balls on your family symbol

>not wanting a resplendent golden cockerel on your coat of arms

Behold, a plebian!

That's it exactly. A moose doesn't need to be smart. A moose is the unquestioned king of wherever the hell it wants to go. Is there a bear on the road? You can hit that thing and it probably won't be the end of the world. A moose, though? A moose looks at your car and doesn't see danger, it sees a motherfucking challenger.

Huh. My family crest prominently bears a cat with a dead rat in its teeth. That's pretty fucking metal.