Chess Openings

What is the best opening?

Also general chess thread I guess.

Ending your life.

I yearn for the day when a computer figures out the 'perfect' way to play chess, so the game is ruined, and the fags who play it can stop pretending they're smarter than everyone because they've spent more time memorising and planning logical outcomes.

But to answer your question, the Italian, obviously.

I want all computers to stop playing chess.

Clearly hacking.

Yeah just like how we all stopped working out when we invented the forklift

Chess truly is the greatest sign that all of our human achievements mean nothing and we will all be tremendously cucked as a species once AIs become self-aware

Chess is a sign of the greatness of mankind, bucko.

Have you considered artillery bombardment? Any well-read general would seek to stop a charging army with a shower of projectiles before sending their own men in.

A punch in the face.

English opening best opening

Why does Veeky Forums hate chess so much?

They're sore losers

kings gambit + english opening as white

nimzo-indian + scandanavian defence modern variation as black

unlimited fun with the first of each and the last of each guarantee that the opponent has no fun whatsoever

Even if chess gets solved, you shouldn't look up the moves when you play. It's honour system.

Latvian gambit all day, duck the metadorks.

I like e5 as white and e6 as black. Am I gay?

Sicilian of cour you peasants

The one where you win

A computer being good at Chess is like a computer being good at tic-tac-toe.

The game is so easily mapped that you could "solve" it on a toaster oven. It isn't AI solving chess that's the sign of true intellect, any more than a self-driving car. It's still just coloring inside the lines.

For me, the beginning of the end of the human race won't be a computer winning at chess, it'll be a computer refusing to play.

Castle immediately.

Even if its illegal and you have to displace a piece

The last time I played chess, both of us ended up losing every single piece we had, excepting our kings. It was a stalemate, and victory was yielded to me because I refused to stop giving chase.

>They're sore losers
Clearly why Saudi Arabia banned chess too.

>For me, the beginning of the end of the human race won't be a computer winning at chess,
good because that was 1996, and chess is still going.

Chess games end in a draw once there is too little material for mating. You didn't win.