What clothes do you give barbarians in your game?

What clothes do you give barbarians in your game?

>furs and homespun
>tanned leather
>ringmail
>woad only, final destination
>combination of some/all above

None whatsoever.

Leather, furs and woad.

Woad only. Ooglers gonna oogle and get axe to the face

Plaid pants

Fur loincloth and sandals for both genders.
Men decorate their beard with wooden beads and women weave in feathers or bone ornaments in their hair.

Helmet, shield and a axe or a spear. Everything else is complementary.

Clothes? What are clothes?

Mein friend!

I wear whatever I like. If I like it and I can get my hands on it, I'm wearing it.

It depends on where they live and the prevailing weather conditions and clothes making tech they have to work with. Desert dervishes tend to wear long flowing robes, primarily made of linen. Guys from northern forests breeches, socks, shoes, and a tunic, mostly made out of wool. You're not seriously suggesting all your barbarians are from some kind of monoculture, are you?

>Nothing
>Woad
>Skin of the last thing they killed
>Furs and/or leather
>Stolen/bought clothes
In order from most to least common

Best protection when stepping out into the dangers of the Uncanny Valley.

frazetta is unironically the best way to go.

A barbarian who wears armor isnt a barbarian hes a fighter from a barbarian c ulture.

I know conan wore armor, i know real life barbarians wore armor if they could afford it unless they are insane celts who thought their god protected them.

But in fantasy i like em in the Frazetta Cimmerian way maybe with added bodypaint

Whatever they can get their hands on. Either looted or traded.

I'm embarrased to ask but could anyone tell me what a woad is and post a picture? Google only shows me a flower.

Blue warpaint that the Picts used. See

Dried feces and mud with a handful of leaves thrown on for color.

>ringmail
Who? What? Gygax, you're making shit up again.

You know damn well ringmail means chainmail. Quit being a sperg.

>chainmail
Come again?

Whatever makes sense for the climate.

As little as could feasibly work in the climate.

Then what does "chainmail" mean? Because chainmail is in there, and has a different AC value.

Is this the new Potato?

"ringmail" is leather with metal rings sewn onto it.

I like the idea of barbarians being slightly more industrialized, with them having some light metallic armor that still gives them a lot of mobility. So Studded Leather or something of that sort might be in order.

Or if they're into adventuring/raiding a lot, they could also be wearing some exotic shit they'd find/steal.