What kind of description would you give to get players to think "Yes, without a shadow of a doubt...

What kind of description would you give to get players to think "Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, that character has 20 Charisma"?

"His codpiece is ill-fitting."

The social equivalent of a lead weight on the rubber sheet that is human interaction, you cannot help but be drawn to them

My group actually reacts more to clothing descriptions than anything else. If I describe someone wearing nice clothes, they suddenly sit up and take notice, and if it's a woman, the discussion shifts to whether they have wife potential.

>without a shadow of a doubt

"They're extremely charismatic"

Big tits. I mean really big tits, so big that even Manuel the Mandingocouldn't see his cock if he stuck it between them.

Big tits is cheating.

"They look like David Bowie."

Focus on their sheer sense of presence, how they fill the room and seem to command the attention of everybody present.

Charisma has very little to do with physical appearance, after all. It can be an asset, but how you use it matters vastly more.

"what a guy"

came here just to post this

ummmmmmmmmm 20 Charisma mean he is good lookin and has a big dick xD lmao

Edit: thank you for the gold, kind stranger! a tip of the hat to thee!

"Her tits are huge, and she's not fat"

"He exudes an aura of command and absolute authority."

"as they make their way through the crowd, and without breaking stride, they shake hands with , pat the backs of, and greet what appears to be numerous lifetime friends"

Describe them as an extremely confident and commanding presence that draws attention.

>Charisma has very little to do with physical appearance

"Things ugly people say."

>The Lion and the Imp; there was no mistaking which was which. Ser Jaime Lannister was twin to Queen Cersei; tall and golden, with flashing green eyes and a smile that cut like a knife. He wore crimson silk, high black boots, a black satin cloak. On the breast of his tunic, the lion of his House was embroidered in gold thread, roaring its defiance.
>They called him the Lion of Lannister to his face and whispered “Kingslayer” behind his back. Jon found it hard to look away from him. This is what a king should look like, he thought to himself as the man passed.

this guy

Harvey Weinstein fucked prime AAA pussy for decades. Charisma comes in many forms, including being a terrifying pig man people are afraid of.

If the charisma bonus only applies when the character is 2D, it's just the Photogenic perk in GURPS.

That's using the wealth stat in place of charisma, a common munchkin technique for anyone who qualifies for the feats Born Into Wealth or Criminal Connections.

Most of the people who are used as examples of "This guy was ugly, but influential!" tend to use that trick.

>a terrifying pig man people are afraid of.

Women willingly fuck people like Harvey Weinstein every single day.

Women are irredeemable. The muslims have the right idea: make your women property.

Griffith.

this

*their honeyed voice moistens your loins*

Think about how many beautiful people can't talk without ruining it.

Think about the inspiring speeches given by someone like Winston Churchill.

There is much more to Charisma than physical appearance.

How do you describe a skeleton with 30 charisma?

"I'm your new travel agent."

> Describe them as an extremely confident and commanding presence that draws attention.

>posts Phoenix "People who don't have evidence should keep their mouth shut, Mr. Wright" Wright
>posts Phoenix "Just doing what I do best (which is flying by the seat of my pants)" Wright
>posts Phoenix "I'm not sure what I'm doing here" Wright

SILENCE!

I'd argue he still qualifies for good Cha because, when we see it from other perspectives, almost nobody realises how much of the time he's just bullshitting his way through.

I bet he keeps his scythe close to where his heart used to be

Think about actors and singers/frontmen, and other people who's major demand upon them is their charisma, and see how a very small percentage would be considered ugly. Even day-to-day interactions prove that appearance is an important aspect of influencing others.

You can find some outlier politicians and go "Look! This exception to the rule somehow overturns the heaps of evidence that supports it!", and that's like saying "Look! Beethoven was deaf, so hearing must be unimportant to being a composer!"

You're right. There's much more to charisma than just appearance, but appearance is a fair component of charisma, even if it isn't the end-all-be-all.

Also, plenty of people disliked Churchill. He was a rich, intelligent, and shrewd man with fantastic writing ability, but definitely lacked certain people skills. If I wanted an example of someone with 20 charisma, I definitely wouldn't pick him, considering that he constantly found himself with even his own party hating his guts.

They are in a room where there's lot of idle conversation. It all stops the moment this character enters the room.

That's an illusion, since you're only considering media. Of course people in media are mostly attractive. I think it's telling, however, that there are people who aren't even in such a vain field.

Go beyond that, to politics, business and negotiation, and appearance matters less and less, while those are all fields where charisma, your force of personality and ability to convey yourself, are incredibly important. Appearance is useful, but you're vastly overstating it.

>while those are all fields where charisma, your force of personality and ability to convey yourself, are incredibly important.

You mean money, money, and money.
Politics, business, negotiation, all basically come down to who has more money (or is willing to spend more money), with the other factors being cute little add-ons that rich people like to pride themselves on while their money speaks for them.

The little guy moving up with through skill and effort is an adorable exception that we like to make movies about because it happens so rarely, when the general rule is that money is power, and power begets power. That, and being willing to screw people over is the heart of soulless enterprise, which ends up being the other major half of the equation.

You can think of business and politics as 49% money, 49% unscrupulous actions, and 2% charisma.

The kind of person who can, with his words alone, drive men to do things they would otherwise never consider. A real life example of 20 charisma would be Napoleon in my opinion. After his exile to Elba, he was smuggled to the French mainland and the royal family sent an army to arrest him. When confronted with this army, Napoleon simply opened his coat and told them "This is your emperor, shoot me if you must!". This army ended up turning around, conquering Paris and driving out the royal family. If an unarmed nigga can convince an army to not only not arrest him, but fight for him, that's Charisma.

Alternative example: that one black guy (I forgot his name) who got chased by a lynch mob in America but held them off by telling them about his passion for bringing education to underprivileged black children. The lynch mob ended up collecting money for his cause rather than... you know, lynching him.

I wouldn't describe such a person based on his looks. He could be tall or short, ugly or fair. I would simply give descriptions of his impact, which I believe is the key word when dealing with charisma. When he enters the room, everyone falls silent. When he speaks, everyone hangs at his ears. He can say something that's objectively wrong, yet he'll be met by thunderous applause. If he's a powerful individual like a king or a general, adoring crowds follow him wherever he goes.

>Her tiddies are huge, just like in my animes!
>Bigger, bigger!
>Bigger than her head!

>What kind of description would you give to get players to think "Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, that character has 20 Charisma"?
Depends on the player.

The word Charisma is a personality, a charm. Nothing to do with looks AT ALL.
D&D Often uses charisma as a measure of soul-power too for game mechanics.

That right there puts me at odds with most of Veeky Forums and probably negates the out come you are trying to get.

So you have to not only please the masses, but oddballs like me. So impossible?

>Nothing to do with looks AT ALL.

>Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting. Charisma is most important for paladins, sorcerers, and bards. It is also important for clerics, since it affects their ability to turn undead. Every creature has a Charisma score.

>Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness.

>and physical attractiveness.

>Cup size correlates with military rank
Just like in my animes...

I mean, he's right

Najenda had bigger tits and was equal/lower rank IIRC.

>Najenda had bigger tits
Huh, she kind of does. Guess that's why she left the army: she wasn't getting what she deserved.

You're right. Edgeworth is closer to Max Charisma.

Kennedy beat Nixon because Kennedy looked better on TV.
And it’s a straight fact that taller candidates win the presidency.

>Think about actors and singers/frontmen, and other people who's major demand upon them is their charisma, and see how a very small percentage would be considered ugly.
Are you fucking serious? Most musicians wouldn't rate a second look if they weren't on a stage. You may have a point for hyper commercial pop shit, but otherwise you singled out the worst possible example for your thesis.

>Phoenix Wright, an Ace Attorney with the power to sense secrets in the others' hearts
>Apollo Justice, his talented student, capable of sensing lies from others' body language
>Athena Cykes, a prodigy attorney, capable of sensing emotions behind the others' words

>Miles Edgeworth, who became the Chief Prosecutor and the most influential person out of them all?
>he uses logic
>no, that's it, he just uses simple logic
Apparently, intelligence is a superpower in Gyakuten universe.

He really is the jewel of the Britannia.

Saying "Churchill's party" is dumb since he crossed the floor several times.

Because he kept pissing off his party.

Before the Battle of Austerlitz, Napoleon took a tour of his troops. During that tour, one man took a torch so Napoleon could see his men. Since that was dangerous with snipers, another man took a torch. And then another. And then another. Eventually, nearly every single man in his army was holding a torch, chanting Vive l'Empereur!, Vive l'Empereur!, Vive l'Empereur!

But sure, charisma is just looks.

>France will never start a government sanctioned occult ritual to bring Napoleon back to life so he can unfuck the EU and turn it into a true empire with Paris (post-kebab removal) as its capital

>actors
>charisma
lol no

Where did anyone say "just"?

>An italian midget with a superiority complex
They already tried and it failed

nappy was such a great guy
it's a shame the eternal anglo has heavily warped the view on the Napoleonic wars due to the prevalence of the English language, that said , it's still better than French

Okay, I need some sauce on that semen demon.

Akame ga Kill. It's not good, but for some people it's entertaining.

That's only because we get to see inside his head and know how little of what he says is real confidence, bravado, or what have you. On the outside, no one else sees his constant mad scramble for any purchase. That's why he's got good Charisma: Phoenix Wright is the personification of "fake it 'til you make it." He only LOOKS confident and commanding, but the appearance is all he needs.

Show them this picture.

>Cha 20

It actually just says
>Cha: YES
On his sheet.

And hostage negotiators, who's very business involves making sure an unpayable ransom is never met - where does this kind of person fit?

Hostage Negotiators are largely just mediators, and fictional portrayals of their job really exaggerate what they do.

depends on the system

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

>compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others
>a divinely conferred power or talent

From OD&D:

>Charisma is a combination of appearance, personality, and so forth.

From AD&D:

>The Charisma (Cha) score measures a character's persuasiveness, personal magnetism, and ability to lead.
>It is not a reflection of physical attractiveness, although attractiveness certainly plays a role.

From D&D 3.5E

>Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness.
>This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting.

From D&D 4E:

>Charisma (Cha) measures your force of personality, persuasiveness, and leadership.

From D&D 5E:

>Charisma measures your ability to interact effectively with others.
>It includes such factors as confidence and eloquence, and it can represent a charming or commanding personality.

Yes, but realize that while your statement is true, you are making it on fa/tg/uys, who are not going to take the truth of having style and beauty as part of being Charismatic lightly, since they are by and large ugly, obese, and badly dressed slobs. So few will agree.

it's less "depends on the system" and more "we had to change our language because we kept upsetting ugly people."

Got anything to back that up? All I know about the biggest negative influences on D&D were the Satanic Panic during AD&D and Grognards holding back 5E with their Playtest Feedback. I think the omission of appearance from the definition is consistent with the ability of horrific eye-meltingly mind-scarringly ugly abominations unto the lord to have high Charisma scores.

They all get erections. Even the girls.

For men? Being old but in shape with a white whispy beard dressed well.
Like Father Christmas.

No one cares about women.

Churchill was so unpopular he was the only democratic leader in the allied side of WW2 to subsequently lose an election at home after the war.

He saw Britain through World War Two and then the voters promptly voted him out. By a landslide.

>Have many loyal followers
>Unique aura of presence noticeable when he entered the room
>Speak with clear and concise words, zero hint of self-doubt
>Past history of achievement that follows him wherever he goes

The feeling of knowing you are fucked if you crossed path with him despite never exchanged a single word.

I'd use a lot more purple prose and comparisons to describe them. High charisma people are larger-than-life and even the ugly ones are never -just- plain ugly

Now I want to roleplay that kind of character. A party face who seems confident and commanding and acts the part, but internally he's sweating a fountain and perpetually nervous and scared about what the future has in store for him and his companions.

>play a character with an internal monologue

...how?

Probably by passing notes to GM and in-character show companions what he's really feeling like in privacy. Maybe narrate it like "Even though he's screaming internally at the prospect of trying to talk a dragon down, he puts on his mask of confidence still."

can actually talk to girls

especially the girls.

>He has a goofy hairdo and this retarded tiny mustache but you can't help but hang on to every word this guy says

(OP)
Like this
(Cross-thread)
(Cross-thread)
>Not gonna lie, this guy looks really majestic. He looks like a modern Caesar riding in a chariot, greeting his loyal subjects and generally asserting absolute authority and not giving a fuck.
>If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

He also won the election after that one, don't forget. We'd been fighting a lot longer than the States or even the Russians - he'd been PM for a long time at that point. People wanted a change.

He sounds less like a guy with high charisma and more like a guy with a negative charisma modifier but rolls a d30.

Wouldn't being undead lower his score?

He was probably just running low on spells after so many years at war.

"In that moment when you first look at her and she looks back at you, right before you come to your senses, you fall in love."