Whore-us, edition.

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/18/craftworld-focus-biel-tangw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=uUvQ5RlFV6A&list=RDuUvQ5RlFV6A&t=4

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2493
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can but you have to use it at the beginning of the charge phase so the other guy could just decide not to charge you if it's that threatening.

Leviathan ok to take with 1 storm cannon and 1 melta lance? gonna be facing a khorne list with a lord of skulls. Should i go double up on one weapon type?

CC isnt viable anymore yeah?

That's really all I want to use it for, assault repellent.

1 Hive Tyrant [2 Deathspitters with Slimer Maggots, Wings]
22 Termagants [11 Devourer, 11 Fleshborer]
3 Tyranid Warriors [2 Deathspitter, 1 Barbed Strangler]
10 Gargoyles
yay or nay for 500 points Tyranids?

>Deathspitters with Slimer Maggots
I still rage everytime I see this. Even worse than "Devourers with brainleech worms"

10th for rip my femdom banshee army.... but I still could play best craftworld and bring lots of females

Do not respond to bait
If you consider someone is being retarded.

Point him to the proper reference. (Book and page number)
If he continues to be retarded ignore and move on

>females
>best anything

You can totally use that on the enemy's turn, you just have to do it before he declares any charges.

Doing Saim-Hann windrider mathhammer because I'm a slut for 14" move

Shuriken Cannons vs Scatter Lasers

Scatter Lasers win against GEQ and MEQ, and orkz

Shuriken Cannons win against TEQ and tanks (just in case you wanted to have 9 windriders spend their turn peeling 2.5 wounds off a Leman Russ)

Scatter Lasers have 36" range, while Shuriken Cannons have 24" but functionally boost your movement to 20" at no penalty (6" advance, can advance and fire at full BS)

And against marines, the difference is like 1 wound. So depending on the updated prices, Windriders can be midrange skirmishes with that NEED FOR SPEED, or mobile flying heavy bolter batteries

I'm also looking forward to shoot and scoot Vypers with their full BS bright lances, but I have little doubt they will still be outperformed by War Walkers as heavy weapons platforms (i'm going to use Vypers anyway because dammit they might just be my favorite model in 40k)

so whats good with eldar that isnt an all wraith army

iybraesil is best matriarch craftworld need lots of boob plates though

>we'll never get the 4E codex with its variable weapon strength and shot-number back

We got regular guard, chaos guard, and nid guard.
Tau Guard when?

What do you guys think the odds are of getting secutarii rules before fires of Cyraxus comes out?
They said they could release the new rules for them before, but they just haven't done it.
Are we really supposed to just sit here and accept that both they and GW promised we could use all our models, even FW, and they just blatantly lied?
I feel like I've been pretty patient considering they should have come out with the indices.

Are they going to have to make a 'Stack' for strategems eventually? Right now it seems like some could clash with each other at the right times and I don't think simply letting the active player stack them will solve all of them.

Over my recently castrated genitals.

battalion
HQs
Old One Eye
Tervigon with toxin sacs + onsaught
Swarmlord with Catalyst+The Horror

Troops
30 termagants[20 flshbores+10 devourers]x2
3 warriors with boneswords+spinefist

Fast attack
3 shrikes with flesh hooks 2x devourers and 1 venom cannon

Heavy support
3 carnifexes with 2x monstrous scything talons, bioplasmas and bone maces

Ok for 1500 points?

Somehow I don't think playing an army of dickless weeb-cucks will be very appealing, user.

0%
They lied. Sue 'em

>>chapter serfs, renegade guard, diggaz
>>everyone is now t3 humie spam except elves and robots

It'd be great if wraith knights could get across the field easier since they're such giant fire magnets that cost near 500 points.

Anyone see the FW portion of warhammer live? Any announcements? VOD is subscribers only for some stupid reason.

>Made some adjustments after comments from anons. How's this look for some mars?
2000 6 CP
Battalion Detachment
**MARS**
_HQ_
Belisarius Cawl-250

Dominus-135
-macrostubber, volkite

_TROOP_
(5x)Rangers-97
-2 Transuranic Arquebus, Omnispex

(5x)Rangers-97
-2 Transuranic Arquebus, Omnispex

(9x)Vanguard-81

(3x)Kataphron Destroyers-216
-Plasma Culvern, 3 Cognis Flamer

_ELITE_
Datasmith-52

Infiltrators-130
-flechette, tasers

_FAST_
(4x)Sydonian Dragoon-232
-Taser Lance

_HEAVY_
(4x)Kastelans-440
-3 HVY Phosphor

Dunecrawler-130
-Icarus

Dunecrawler-140
-Neutron, Cognis

>I thought to add some melee treat with the dragoons, and the infiltrators are to counter attack enemy gunline harassment units

Finished my Typhus today.

Looks cool?

Working on a Thousand Sons Stratagem list. Have 12, so there's room for two more. I've got a couple of additional ideas, but I might be squeezing them into psychic powers or relics. I'll probably add a 2 (or 3) CP "HELBRUTE loses Crazed, gains Psyker" stratagem.

They get the same core that Death Guard got, minus Killshot and Fire Frenzy (skilled armor engagements wouldn't really be a thing for post-rubric TS and TS dreads really shouldn't be crazy for the same reason), but added Daemonforge as the Thousand Sons relied heavily on automata pre-Heresy and possessed vehicles seem like a logical extension on that (plus Daemonforge is pretty much the only thing keeping 'Fiends and Defilers out of the trash bin). The new additions are largely variations on Formation/Detachment bonuses from Traitor Legions.

Thoughts, comments, and criticisms are welcome.

Trying to up the meme from sterilized to surgically removed, huh?

You could always give your banshees psychic support via doom/fortune/enhance. The codex may give you more powers that could be useful for banshees.

They are the best at giving birth to children

t-their is hope? maybe I just wont take as many banshees as I originally was but ive got lots of warlocks to help out

I'm actually working on some chapter serfs for my Minotaurs. Figure they'd make use of them all the more these days, since the Death Guard pissed in their cornflakes.

Anglerfish: Tank Commander in Leman Russ Battle Tank with Lascannon and Heavy Bolter sponsons (panzer 4 is the basic)

Turtle: Destroyer Tank Hunter (this is literally a 40k Hetzer)
Duck: Taurox with autocannons and stormbolter (closest I can see to an I-go, open to suggestions)
Hippo: Thunderer siege tank (similar to the tank hunter this is also a 40k stug)
Rabbit: Exterminator with lascannon and heavy bolters (seems pretty close to an M3)
Mallard: Exterminator with lascannon (seems close to the M3 but idk what else the Char B1 would be, 75mm hull weapon 47mm turret)
Anteater; Devildog (fastish, weak, decent gun, seems fitting enough for the chi-nu)
Leopon: executioner (the gets hot represents the porsche's not!tiger unreliability, the ap-3 its better 88mm gun, although it really shouldn't be as short range, maybe going the whole hog for a superheavy might be better, I'm not sure if i see the Tiger as that big a step up from the panzer IV though)

Caption this, Veeky Forums

Thanks for not trashtalking me and for the help.

> "Bearer and his unit" just means the bearer in 8E.
It is a thing in this fandex. Inquisitor has an abitility that makes him part of his Inquisitorial Henchmen warband.

Good.

omw to glaze ur bitch

The core rules address this already. If multiple simultaneous events occur, the player whose turn it is decides the order they resolve.

There's a summary here:
>war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2493
...but basically wow, it's fucking nothing.

Dark Reapers

DRINK YOUR PAINT WATER

Yeah, tell that to imperial Knights. Both kinda suck now, especially since WK are stuck with worse defense and are like 500 points. If they were both 400~ with all the gear it'd be a lot more solid. As is they just get cucked with limited firepower and poor BS. Need better guns

How much longer until Foxy Grandpa returns, announcing that he's been attending the God-Emperor by leading the Adeptus Custodes in silence as atonement for his self-perceived failures, but has had to break his vow thanks to Roboute Guilliman's fanatical rise to power? I would love to see a true Son fight against a resurrected political usurper attempting to overthrow the God-Emperor himself!

Solid. If you wanna have some fun you could dry brush some rust onto the chain mail

The Tzaangor one targeting multiple units for only 1CP is a bit unprecedented.

The Soul Blaze one as far as I can tell lists every weapon that is available to the units it can target, so it doesn't need to list any of them, just copy-paste Wrath of Mars.

The wording on Sorcerous Sigil-Wards works fine by RAW but I think it's a little off-syntax with the way GW does it. Then again the Codexes haven't all been consistent with each other this edition so it's not a big deal.

I like "Bedlam Discipline", very flavourful.

Your argument for replacing Fire Frenzy with Daemonforge is solid as hell.

I like pretty much everything here except Avaricious Vigour. I get what you're going for but it feels a little useless/out of place/inelegant.

RIP in piece.

Thanks.

What effect is used for Rust? Ryza Rust? Typhus Corrosion?

Also back picture.

For those of you that play Maelstrom Missions, what do you do if either player draws an objective that they cannot achieve (like killing a psyker when no one has a psyker)? We just drop it for another, but idk that is a common thing or if most people force the discard at the end of turn.

Are there any other models in the game without rules ATM? I want my Ordinatus rules back for Macro D6 S30 D12 DELET TITAN guns and massive area demolitions that make Noise Marines orgasm in a 36" radius from all the badass.

Yeah ryza is great.

Only discard at end of turn and only as many discards as the mission allows.
This does occasionally cause players to get a little screwed over but one had a game with someone where we both got a bunch of missions we couldn't accomplish so we were just killing each other and trying to move into tactically advantageous positions for when we did get achievable objectives.

what space marine chapter is the most 1488?

That is for the feedback? I'll look for some similar stratagems to clean up the wording on Sigil-Wards.

For Vigour, what if it targeted one unit as well as every other Tzaangor unit within 6"? I definitely want to keep something for Tzaangors, and giving them Fleet and pseudo-Furious Charge was what they got from their old formation. I guess I could just do a single unit but also grant some melee bonuses to that unit.

I think most people houserule the discard.

daddy

>those digits tho
Probably Red Scorpions, they're all about purity and they're considered a FW chapter I think.

>I guess I could just do a single unit but also grant some melee bonuses to that unit.
I think that would work better, yeah. 8th edition generally tries to discourage MSU and reward players who take larger blobs of units.

*Smugly sips paintwater*

>Draw card
>Both agree that who ever drew it cannot possibly achieve it
>that player gets to discard and pick up again for free
Has to mutually agreed, and only once per turn

I would have said the exact opposite, because of the morale rules.
Also, why the trip?

>ordinatus at D6
Bitch in heresy this shit is moving 7" template and moving it up to 72 in straight line and rekt every model that template hit when it moves.

Automatically discard and redraw for any objectives that cannot ever be achieved (kill a flyer when the enemy has one, cast a spell when you have no psykers, etc). Doing anything else is stupid. Maelstrom objectives are swingy enough; having the deck contain literal "fuck you, no points" cards is awful.

Typhus + a Ryza drybrush will give you a really effective but very gnarly rust. For light rust, patches of Agrax and/or Reikland Fleshshade with lightly stippled trollslayer orange or Ryza Rust works well. Try them on some test pieces and see what effect you like.

Because he's an attention whoring faggot who honestly thinks people like him because of his shitty trip

The way strategems work encourages taking large units, since they only affect a single one.

I'm fully aware, I was just talking about the Bellicosa Volcano Cannon variant, AKA Shadowsword times two.
No idea what they'll do for the Ulator, but if it's just a regular OP weapon rather than "I didn't like that army anyway" I will be disappoint.

>drawing demolitions

>be me
>low key playing and collecting chaos slowly over the last year or so
>gf decides she wants in on the hobby
>mfw yesterday she rocks up with SC tyranids

Really? I do it reversed, Typhus over Ryza. How good does your way turn out?

Consider something like Fate Dice for 3CP

>I would have said the exact opposite, because of the morale rules.
The morale rules being the exception, with the encouragement from various abilities and stratagems to keep unit sizes larger somewhat keeping that in check. It creates a tension in decision-making during listbuilding, which I think is healthy.

I use the trip when discussing homebrew, it's just convenient for me.

Also the fact that fewer drops give you a better chance of going first.

dunno why this made me chuckle

No, Is Typhus to create a brownish surface with irregularity, and then Ryza that is a de facto a super-dry orange

>People responding to tripfags
Y tho

On topic; what's your favorite pattern of terminator armour?

Eh, depends. There are still enough situations that you actually want to go second, specially when you play an alphastrike reserves list against another alphastrike reserves list. With my GK I I often enough actually prefer to go second, so that my Psycannon dudes don't have to move to get in range.

According to rules you can discard one at end of turn if you completed one, or use the stratagem to mull one when you generate, plus any mission specific ways to generate more.

I've never seen it be a problem unless your army is horribly static/monotask.

Saturine

How bad are conscript now ?
Also what is the best model/conversion to make conscript ?

Indomitus pattern best waifu. Don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise.

>Hey you! You go my lasgun you bloody idiot, this is the lasgun that belongs to you. Can't you read strings of numbers!?

Half the time, they work everytime.

Little green armymen

Killshot affects multiple predators. It's not the norm, but there is precedence for Stratagems affecting multiple units.

Like this

They are still good, but I run infantry squads now so I can have flamer and power sword Catachans.

Does't it hurt knowing that they'll just sit on a shelf or act as mercenaries for a mixed CSM force?

bansheefag again how are vauls wrath battery's? I always thought eldar artillery is bad ass

They are extremely strong in their intended role of buffer and area denial and can still be surprisingly dangerous in the right circumstances. They just aren't theoretically optimal mathhammer offense anymore.

Might be neat, but it has zero precedence with the Thousand Sons and lends itself to salt when it let's you guarantee good results.

The Leviathan Dread had 4 attacks in the era of when Dreadnoughts only had 2, and it was therefore balanced around that point. When every dreadnought in the entire game got 2 additional attacks, the leviathan was left behind, and was not rebalanced around it.

Now it's 8th edition, and the Leviathan still has the exact same melee penalties from fucking 6th edition, still unremoved, and still unbalanced. It's also no longer any significantly better in melee than a standard dreadnought, who is in fact somehow better than the big-daddy leviathan himself at his own originally intended role.

I'm still extremely fucking annoyed with forgeworld's blatant laziness with balancing the leviathan. Melee leviathans are so relatively bad as to be completely unviable, and taking even a single ranged weapon makes them objectively worse in melee than the most basic dread in the entire game at a third of its own cost.

So you're right, there's no real point in running melee leviathans. If you must, run at least the claw and don't upgrade it to the drill, and treat it as more of an extra anti-tank weapon rather than the horde clearer that it used to be.

I just realized, why aren't Kharn or Lucius already Daemon Princes? Lesser guys have been made one. Do they just choose not to?

I use them as Nurgle marked CSM Havocs. The FW bodies look good for that next to the new Death Guard and I'm always taking a Nurgle marked CSM Sorcerer anyway.

Yep.

How are these transports flying Veeky Forums? is it floating on some kind repulorlift like a supersize land speeder or is something else going on?

Ah as second detachment?

They are the mortal heralds of their gods, eternally blessed by them and not bound to the great game of chaos like the rest of demon princes.

Then how about one for flyers, giving that TSons have always loved them both pre and post heresy?

Yep