You can't break that—it's, uh, made of titanium!

>You can't break that—it's, uh, made of titanium!

Context?

>>You can't break that
Magma flows through my veins and red-hot heart.
Just who the hell do you think I am?

Really, GM? It's made of something blacksmiths will pay out the ass for? YOINK!

>The door to the dungeon is more valuable than anything in it

See, that's where you fucked up. You just gotta say the door is made out of a metal that you cannot break.

Huh, I just had Jet's pizza earlier today.

Can you smith titanium? I thought I remembered that working it required an inert atmosphere or something like that.

>You can't break that, it's made of Titan!

Neat. Remember that time I punched a hole through a golem the size of a small building?

You know you're not supposed to be here, right? Go back to the sandbox and just make up an anti-titanium ray or something. Don't let little Chad win by coming here.

There was at least some duration where Saturday morning cartoons treated titanium like adamantuim or whatever

I'll punch out the door frame then-that's simple stone. Then I'll take it and leave. This has got to be worth more than anything else I'll find in the dungeon!

Hands down the worst DM I ever had was a railroad fest that did this constantly.

We start chained in a covered wagon-

Try to break the chains holding me- "You can't, they are +5 enchanted and made of adamantium"

Try to wiggle out since I'm playing an insect-man (thri-kreen) whom manacles wouldn't fit- "They are designed specifically for whatever species you are"

Use a psychic flame-creating power to try to start a fire in the wagon "The wagon is magically fireproof"

Get dumped in a prison, try to use my massive vertical jump and climbing skills to go over the wall "There is a force field"

Shank a naked prisoner, hit them for over 50 damage (D&D) due to lucky crits- "He shrugs off the damage and doesn't seem phased"

That shit was the worst railroad I've ever been on.

He ended up putting us in a gladiatorial match, and being thri-kreen, I decided to eat the losers. the rest of the party declares that "I can't do that" and attack me.I gave 3 rounds o warnings and running away before I ended up killing 2 of them (Yeah, go ahead, make a barbarian with 12 str or a wizard with 8 con and 14 int) before the DM declared that the prison warden (who he kept describing as a "sexy woman" (DM was a 30 year old grad student)) shot lasers at me and killed me instantly.

He then says I was racist because I killed the PC of one of the dude's asian GF (who clearly did not want to be there) and says they will resurrect the PC's. He then asks me If I would be up for next week, straight-faced.

So yeah, watch out for games at Penn State that recruit purely online for in-person games.

Neat. And that's going to stop this atomic bombs worth of energy spell how exactly?

>not using bullshitium in your settings

An infamous question in my group:
>what's the wall AROUND the door made of?

nitrogen embrittlment can compromise the toughness of your metal, so nitrogen free environmentments are required when dealing with red hot titanium

a little difficult when 2/3 of our atmosphere is N2

>Papa Romanos

>a little difficult
Hermetically sealed room filled with gasses of your choice.
Isolating the gasses is also pretty trivial.

>Playing at universities

I came for 1 session. Actually, I just saw the club before sessions 0, and inadvertently found 1 of my suite mates having a group play in the living room 2 years after I saw the club.

I've never been so repulsed to share a hobby/interest with anyone.

My DM had an adamantium door once. After we were done killing everything in the dungeon we made it a point to go back for the door. Hired a wagon and everything.

Why is the Jets Pizza guy telling me not to break things.

My whole dungeon is made of unbreakablanium.

Sounds like we're moving in

Same, though it was some kind of hellforged metal that couldn't be damaged through any mortal means.
We dug it out of the cliff face and gifted it to our local kingdom in exchange for titles and land.
It ended up becoming the gatehouse gate.

iirc in the presence of oxygen, titanium will burn before it will melt.

Titanium is approximately as strong as steel, with certain alloys of steel being stronger. The advantage of titanium isn't improved strength, it's reduced weight. The disadvantage is it's expensive to make. It isn't rare - titanium dioxide is a chalky white powder and is easy to find in nature, easy enough that it's frequently used as a white pigment in things like paint. Refining it into the metal is an expensive process when compared to say iron.

I love you too Jet's pizza

Now I want Jets Pizza and its not even 4am.
You asshole.

I can repeat the thread's rallying cries of "But what's the door frame made of" and "I'm going to take the door"
On on occasion every single door in a spaceship was made of space-age unbreakabletanium, so we, as a group, very carefully removed all the doors and took them with us.
On another occasion, the DM had learnt from that slight mistake and provided us with a door merely plated with unbreakabletanium.
It was in a cliff face and I had a weapon explicitly and specifically designed for slicing through bulkheads. After getting half way through slicing the door out, the overhang above the group made some unsettling rumbling, so I flew up and cut that off, too.
In retrospect the rubble should've covered the door up, but apparently they didn't think of that.

I really, really like that picture.

Screw the money, you just found yourself a brand new tower shield.

We once had a trog in the party that had ridiculous strength and wielded an adamantine bank vault door as a tower shield.

Proud of you, Veeky Forums