Kotaku Offended on Behalf of POC

Kotaku's article: kotaku.com/dungeons-dragons-stumbles-with-its-revision-of-the-ga-1819657235

Well? Kotaku is waiting for your apology for perpetuating this by supporting WotC?
What do you have to say for yourselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ruWHq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigger.

I don't give a fuck about Kotaku, nor do I about DnD settings that aren't black sun, revenloft or planescape since 3.5.

Nonetheless, at least archive that link user. People shouldn't be clicking and giving them views.

You realize that you getting buttflustered and sharing the link is exactly what Kotaku wants, right?

Waiting to see if my comment on the article gets approved... I can't wait

>Enough. You are working really hard to be offended and upset here, white girl. We are not your shield, and we are not your gateway into some kind of moral high ground.

>I am a proud blerd and have been playing D&D and other TTRPGs for over 20 years. I am currently DMing ToA and have read the campaign book cover-to-cover. Nothing in it offends me. Every portrayal of cultures in D&D is fantastic and not meant to be true-to-life. The fact that this book did book black people up on a pedastol and praise us like we are the most intelligent, majestic, and strong race of people in existence is not offensive. I’m glad this book wasn’t written by neurotic 20-somethings, so riddled with white-guilt that they think limitless praise and deification is the antithesis of bigotry. Because it’s not.

>Secondly, the fantasy culture of Chult in ToA is a unique marriage of sub-Saharan African and ancient South American. This is obvious to anyone who actually reads the hardback. I get the feeling that in your quest to virtue-signal, you merely glimpsed a few pages, read a few snippets, and decided that anything short of godlike representation of black people must be lazy and also racist. The original module from 2E (that’s 2nd Edition D&D, you poser) called Jungles of Chult is a lot more oldskool in its portrayal of uncivilized jungle-dwelling blacks. Racist? Not really. Lazy? Yeah. ToA however, seems to have to recognized that and stepped its game up.

>Lastly, D&D has changed quite a damn bit over the decades. Its first edition used the pronouns “she” and “her” often when referring to DMs and Players, and from 4E on every other picture seemed to illustrate POC being included and well-integrated into the fiction.

>Shame on you for trying to drag us into this. And shame on you for trying to spit on a great culture of diverse, inclusive gaming.

not calling them out in their own retarded articles is how their bubble of culture grows and grows until it has the power to wreck entire hobbies.
it took out vidya gamez. what do you think is next, einstein?

Are you actually black or just shitposting on Kotaku?
In any case, keep us informed.

i am one of the 4 mythical black tg posters, yes

Should've said you were a woman too. They'll just say you're sexist or something instead. You can't win with these people.

>not calling them out in their own retarded articles is how their bubble of culture grows and grows until it has the power to wreck entire hobbies.
>it took out vidya gamez. what do you think is next, einstein?
People have been linking Kotaku articles on /v/ for years, even before GamerGate. Shit didn't change anything. And video games are fine.

>Shit didn't change anything. And video games are fine.
i think mostly i'm just really pissed at this white bitch acting like she's got my back or something

That was fairly even keeled and the majority of the article was paraphrasing points made by several different bloggers who are black. The article even explicitly goes out of way its way to say it's a good adventure and their heart was in the right place in its depiction.

Did you even read it?

yeah, and all of that makes it all the more pointless. like, why did she even hit publish on this one? "White people tried to do a good thing, maybe missed the mark a bit, but hey". Really?

It's click bait user, and you fell for it. Consult the wise sages before responding.

Anyways, the philosophy behind the fake intent of the article (to be outraged) is ridiculous, which is why the article's real intent is so effective. Everyone loves pointing out how retarded retards are, so everyone comes in with a click and gets exposed to advertisements.

In the immortal words of Marcus Aurelius, in his innacurately named "Meditations":

>Stop wasting your finite time on retards, retard.

fuuuuuck. welp, guess they got me. knew just the right button to press. guess I'll be more careful in the future. thanks for the friendly tip. not like this shit gonna stop me from playing

>someone on Kotaku is offended by something
What else is new?
But nice job sharing your clickbait on Veeky Forums, mate-o. Too bad I'm not gonna click it.

>And video games are fine.

Also, in the future, archive such sites and link to the archival link. It avoids contributing ad revenue, and lets people freely click without falling for the bait.

This, I nice try Cecilia.

Wait, Chult is supposed to be not!Africa? I thought it was just creepy mute halflings and dinosaurs.

fpbp

Why... why is tongue clicks in quotation marks? Click is the correct term.

>black woman gamer on the internet
It's too much, nobody would believe it.

I thought that the Isle of Dread was the rest of Not Africa and Chult was a meeting of the Isle, Zakara, and Alm.

Chult is-
>Dinosaurs
>Tabaxi(Catfolk)
>Tabaxi(Blackfolk) No Relation to Tabaxi(Catfolk)
>Non-Tabaxi Human tribes
>Lizardmen
>Turtlemen
>Pterromen
>Goblins
>Aarakokra
>Frogmans

It's got everything really.

Pic related

>Kotaku

> giving clickbait more clicks
You people are literally giving these people more money by getting outraged about them. You are doing more to help them than anyone.

>I hate thing!
>here's thing I hate, click on it to support it!

I will never understand this level of retardation, its like next level mental deficiency.

If there's one thing that /pol/ does right, it's that they always archive clickbait and have a Norwegian who autistically archives any non archived link.

>video games are fine.
HOWLING

ikr?

At least provide a quick summary of it and nothing else.

Fuck you OK. Here you go everyone. You can now read it without giving Shitaku any clicks.

archive.is/ruWHq

*OP

I really dont understand you guys, this article isnt wrong. WotC should be trying to be more inclusive, that way we can reach out and bring more people into the hobby

you're right for pointing this out to OP. you're wrong in not being constructive in your criticism though. you should have suggested to archive the page and including the link in the OP instead.

The ultimate unicorn waifu.

I don't know why anyone cares what Kotaku thinks, they haven't been worth shit for years.