He didn't max luck

>he didn't max luck

>max luck
>not max persuasion.

Seriously though, for all the shit Mr. Satan gets, he is legitimately a decent martial artist. It's just that the power level of DB/Z/GT/S is so off the wall that he's forced to be a joke character.

This joke would probably work better over in Veeky Forums but I always liked to describe Mr. Satan as a lv99 martial artist in a game of Disgaea (which has a level cap of 9999). He's only not badass compared to the god-beings he's ended up surrounded by.

Today OP wasn't a faggot

But I did

Reminder that Mr. Satan survived being bitch-slapped by Perfect Cell, and only suffered minor scrapes and bruises, then went on to legitimately save the universe from Pure Buu by convincing the people of Earth to donate energy to the Genki Dama. Mr. Satan, memes aside, deserves the praise he gets from the his fellow humans.

Trips of Truth

I rolled this guy in Mutants and Masterminds once. Took a boatload of luck perks and powers and wrote him up as a high-class gamblin fancy man named Louie Luinsky, aka Lucky Lou.

Never had a chance to actually play him sadly. Would have been great.

>he didn't max everything
You'll never stand a chance against El Grande Padre...

There's only one man who can match El Grande Padre

Hercule's a pretty good guy, he did a good job with the Spirit Bomb thing, it's just a shame he's around all these SS4 super god masterforce guys.

>gohan wants to obtain a new form no one has ever seen and isn't connected to Super Saiyan.
>his ultimate power up turns him into a baldy.

Knowing the dude who writes DBS, I would not be surprised if that ended up being the case.

Hercule becomes the new destroyer of universe 7

>the memes have spread to Veeky Forums
dammit

I don't understand why all the dbz threads on /a/ are in Spanish?

I assume that's just all that's really left as far as their fanbase is concerned.

He awakens his Super-human side of the family.

The thing that kills me though is it wasn't even that long ago that Goku and Piccolo and gang fought in the world martial arts tournament. People have seen shit like ki blasts and flying so why the hell doesn't Satan know how to do any of that?

I can understand not knowing HOW to do that. But not knowing they were a THING is absurd. The moon was blown up more or less twice, once being on national television in the biggest martial arts tournament in the world. Maybe Satan is just the world's biggest skeptic, but that wouldn't explain why the rest of the world doesn't know.

Actually the reason was I think Satan's teacher was killed by General Tao so he doesn't use Ki because of it. Other than that, Akira Toriyama does whatever the hell he wants and gives zero fucks about consistancy.

Imagine what DBZ would be like if there was some level of consistancy from DBZ. Is it really too much to ask that the fucking humans be useful?

What even is this?
Some kinda /v/ autism with that shitty hunger games """game"""?

Has anyone here ran a DBZ game? I can't even imagine how it would go.

>Alright you did a Kamehameha on the Space tyrant
>roll 127d8
>and don't forget to add your ki modifier and SSJ2 modifier for +62d10

I wonder if he could master Ki. Her daughter certainly can. Some training with Master Roshi or even her own daughter could do the trick.

Why the fuck is he named Mr. Satan?

Because Toriyama is fond of pun names. Videl is an anagram of Devil, for example. Saiyan is another for "vegetable" in Japanese etc.

I get that

Why is this guy Satan of all things

>The Space Tyrant makes a con save with a +80 modifier
>He takes no damage

It follows the format of a fantasy wrestling game.

Its intimidating in Japan.

Just like we use Japanese concepts and things without understanding its significance. It's cool!

Mutants and Masterminds

Add a 0 behind everything (don't actually roll it just add a 0 after all is said and done)

Super is good but I am not used to the Japanese voice actors at all.

Super is good in a guilty pleasure kind of way. I love watching all of this parallel universe tournament nonsense, but it's so fucking stupid.

>Want to know context of memes
>Can't enjoy the Goku and Vegeta Show without Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat

I don't really remember most of them, but it doesn't help that Goku's Japanese VA is really fucking annoying

We all deserve guilty pleasures in our life, and in retrospective the entirely of dragon ball is one of these.

I always feel like an idiot when I have to explain what's going on in Super to an inquisitive friend.

>How's that Dragon Ball Super show?
>Oh, it's pretty fun, real dumb though.
>What's with that blue haired Goku I'm seeing, is that Goku Black or something? I've heard something about a Black Goku.
>No, the blue form is super saiyan god super saiyan, it's what happens when a saiyan that's achieved god ki turns super saiyan. Goku Black is a separate character that is actually a supreme kai from a different universe who gathered the super dragon balls which are the size of planets and wished to switch bodies with Goku from a different timeline and then he goes to future trunks' timeline so that he can kill the rest of the humans.

It's all so fucking dumb, but I love watching people get punched through walls and fly at mach 12.

Basically someone from South America made a powerup for Gohan where he gets white hair, Gohan Blanco, as well as speculation that a minor character, El Grande Padre (Great Priest) is going to become the next main antagonist, and /a/ and /v/ have been taking the complete piss out of it.

>Won a world martial arts tournament legitimately
>Survived being hit by Cell, something that crippled a Super Saiyan Vegeta
>Convinced Majin Buu to change his ways
>Beat the piss out of two criminals with minimal effort
>Attacked Buu without hesitation on the Kai planet
>Used his influence and charisma to gather energy for the Spirit Bomb, saving the universe
>Continues to make tournament appearances into his old age
>Donates a huge amount of money to charity

He's the GOAT.

ok, so who would win in a fight?
Mr. Satan, or Yamcha?

Satan. Yamcha's probably more susceptible to a bribe than anyone else in the team.

Easily Yamcha. Hell, Yamcha from Dragon Ball would hand Mr Satan his ass. Mr Satan in his prime was probably about as strong as Goku in the very first episode of Dragon Ball.

>Throw the fight or I'll buy your baseball team and kick you from it.

Because there are no records of it left afterwards thanks to all the destruction, and all the people who seemed able to do it fell completely off the map and disappeared. So people began thinking they were frauds or that what they'd done (even if real) was overblown.

Satan's hardly weak, given that he seems to be clearly above human strength by being able to pull multiple school buses at once. He just doesn't have ki control because there was never anybody around to teach him.

Gohan is mentioned as changing that as an adult, because he writes a book on ki control etc. and introduces it to the wider population as a result.

>Satan's hardly weak, given that he seems to be clearly above human strength by being able to pull multiple school buses at once. He just doesn't have ki control because there was never anybody around to teach him.

He literally flash-steps against normal humans with the fight against the criminals and he kicked Spopovich's ass without the guy landing a single blow. The guy in many settings would legitimately have claim to be the best martial artist about.

That's what's so cute about DBZ and Mr Satan. In many other settings he would be a legitimate threat, but in DBZ he's a walking joke. The scale of power is so fucking whack that even a man that can pull multiple buses, chop through like 20 plates of solid stone with his bare hands, and can move faster than an olympic runner is nothing more than a punchline.

>Gohan is mentioned as changing that as an adult, because he writes a book on ki control etc. and introduces it to the wider population as a result.

I know that was a plot-point for DB Online, but has it been mentioned that he's doing that in Super as well?

>Imagine what DBZ would be like if there was some level of consistancy from DBZ.

Well, for a start that would mean we'd actually see what Launch has been up to since DB. Honestly, I feel like the best way to get DBZ these days is to watch Abridged. Even if the first six episodes are dated as fuck.

Mr Satan is a Level 20 D&D Monk, who is stuck in an Exalted Campaign.

>When all of this DBZ powerlevel shit could've just been avoided if the humans went and asked Shenron for Unlimited growth Potential so Tien would get his' literally made a fucking promise with Goku for it' rematch, Krillians fucking 'Fuck you' Discs would be as dangerous as they were shown on two occasions before he too became irrelevant, and Yamcha's Basket balls would be as Broken as it was in Budokai 2, DBZ being Gohan's story would still be a thing, Piccolo would have gotten stronger by absorbing his King piccolo half like in the gameboy game, and there would still be comedy, dragonball hunting, and the entire android saga would literally have the Androids have a proper motivation for killing Goku over him quickly dismantling the most effective military dictatorship to be threatening the stability of globalist one world government to ever exist in but a few hours, next to the Androids Prior lives, which are only barely presumed to be involved Goku's inpendign massacre and whatnot
You wanna hear something funny? In the DBZ games, you'll notice that Cell actually has something of a very likable personality, and actual insight into his actions revolving around him fulfiling standardized protocols intrinsic to his creation, but also because he wants for fulfil Gero's work to an extent- even showing off to him on occasion.
Somehow THAT was not important or anything.

oh right, most importantly-
>That fucking Jap only game where the entire good idea behind the Android saga was actually done, where they fucking made the Red-Ribbons from Dragonball into Androids

That entire saga should have been about the RR getting their own back, complete with remixes of thier awesome fuckign theme.

It'd be awesome for the Psionic Gayman as an Android for a hilarious ""plz don't poz me" fight as he brutally beats the shit out of people. Cell being like, the very last individual of that saga born in a massive underground complex opposed to that tiny fuck-ass facility he had.

>asked Shenron for Unlimited growth Potential
The Dragon can only make someone as strong as he's himself, so it's questionable if he were able to do that. Maybe it'd work on some kind of bullshit technicality, because the Dragon Balls work on bullshit and plot anyway.

Any reasonable discussion is moot anyway, since Toriyama makes shit up as he goes along with no regards to continuity or consistency and anything good that ever came of him was a fluke or input from others.

ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

To be fair, Toriyama legitimately has alzheimer's or some shit, his memory is beyond atrocious. In the interviews for DBZ Battle of Gods, it was mentioned that he had to reread his entire work, beginning to end, because he couldn't remember it. Not just to brush up, no, he legitimately couldn't remember his own fucking story- he was drawing 18 with blue hair, and one of his assistants had to remind him she was blonde.

It's not new either, as someone earlier in the thread mentioned, he completely forgot about Launch, marking her total absence from DBZ.

>This user gets it

>alzheimer
He's just getting older and getting further from his creative peak.

There has to be something. There's no other explanation for him forgetting about SSJ2 DIRECTLY after writing it.

>BoG interview
The one where he stated SSJ2, the big reveal of the entire Cell Arc, was something he had just forgotten about?

>he was drawing 18 with blue hair, and one of his assistants had to remind him she was blonde.
That has been a problem from the start though, especially with Bulma. In colored pages Toriyama has drawn Bulma with blue hair, purple hair and even gray hair once or twice. It was the anime that consistently gave Bulma blue hair and Trunks purple/pink. I think that in some interview that's on the Kanzenshuu, Toriyama stated he doesn't look up the colors he uses. He doesn't use a reference, he just uses whatever "feels" right at the moment.

On the subject of hair color anyway, do you know why Super Saiyans become blonde? Not because of some retarded racial supremacist conspiracy theory or whatever, but because blonde hair is easier to draw in a black-and-white manga: he just has to draw the outlines and some details here and there. With Goku's naturally black hair, he has to color the entire haircut black.

I honestly believe that Toriyama is brilliant and retarded at the same time. Brilliant because from the very beginning he has been making shit up as he went along, and it went relatively well despite that. Retarded because, as Dragonball dragged on longer and longer, he never fucking adapted.

>he completely forgot about Launch
He also missed out on the perfect opportunity to reintroduce her in Super. Remember that Tien-centric episode (which is actually a Roshi-centric episode where Tien is more or less delegated to being a side character) where that tsundere wizard girl love interest is introduced? They could've replaced her with Launch and explain why she was absent for so long. Instead Tien gets a new love interest because I don't know, Nappa ate Launch or something.

Yep. He entirely forgot Super Saiyan 3 as well.

>Anima GM
A DBZ game wouldn't even faze me. It's just high-ish level Taos(monks) and Technicians(Ki using non-monks) throwing down.
Special Attacks? Ki Techniques cover almost literally every base, except maybe Guldo's time manipulation, explainable by him having levels in a caster class for the Time Subpath of magic.
Blocking energy attacks with your fists? Presence Extrusion Ki Ability allows literally that.
Extending your Ki into your sword so you can slice through a cyborg changeling like Trunks did? Aura Extension, which is the very next step from Presence Extrusion.
Transformations? Frieza/Cell-style easily done by Monster Powers, SSj-style easily done through Ki Techniques or the Transformation Ars Magnus(which cover Super Vegeta-style, Werewolf-style, or even Rock Lee from Naruturd's Full Release Fuck Your Face-style transformations, as well as insane weapons like Wires, Playing Cards, Sword-guns, and combat puppets)

No way, he really forgot about those too? When? Not that I doubt it, but that's even worse than I initially believed, and I knew it to be pretty bad.

Hell, he made up the capsules because he didn't want to worry about who was holding what, and where.

Notice how basically nobody went SSJ3 after Goku outside of movies? Yeah, that's why. SSJ2 is basically entirely forgotten after its introduction, which isn't surprising because it's mostly "Yell harder, explode a bit and have slightly lighter and more upright hair", so nobody even talks about it anymore. You can maybe handwave that by saying that SSJ2 is basically just SSJ now and nobody goes to Stage 1 anymore, but the lack of 3 is just pure bullshit.

The reason super saiyans are blonde is he got tired of shading black hair.

Jesus what kind of system is this that you say high-ish not high?

I really love how some of the cool shit we got is just because Toriyama wanted to be lazy

That's literally written in the post that user was replying to, user

man, my interest faded with GT; but reading what's come after is just depressing.

My reading comprehension is apparently third grade level.

Most of that is before user. Toriyama has been like this for years.

Yeah, Toriyama used to be brilliantly lazy. Now he's just lazy.

Nam was stronger than Satan back in DB, Mr Satan can't even jump miles into the air.

This, he is legitimately by human standards an absolute beast, can pull three buses, rip multiple phone books apart, flip around with ease, move so fast he blurs to the untrained eye.

Its the crazy power levels that underplay him

>Reminder that Mr. Satan survived being bitch-slapped by Perfect Cell, and only suffered minor scrapes and bruises

He has some toon force/ gag feats

Because Toriyama is a fucking hack.

Same reason he got rid of pretty much all the beast people-Earthlings that were common in the original series, or Saiyan tails because he was too lazy to keep drawing them.

But he did

DBZ could be a pretty cool setting,

IF you use say the Freiza saga as a rough cutoff point and actually put the work into developing all the neat concepts that lie around underused by the creator in his lazy stagger to pull the next random bullshit out his ass.

Take things back to more Dragonball in general but give players the scope to have cosmic adventures at the same time.

Like you have Freiza and his planet-selling organisation, but then there must be people they are selling said planets to right? Bring back the feel of Adventure by having all sorts of strange & unusual things out there amongst the stars to discover and less smacking a couple of STRONK guys against each other while others are watching.

Make it all matter rather than throwing away any story-telling potential glimpsed at all for the sake of ramping up the 'scale' for cheap hype.

Those aren't puns.

He really meant 'wordplay', Japan loves their fucking stupid wordplay with their nonsense moon rune language.

>Like you have Freiza and his planet-selling organisation, but then there must be people they are selling said planets to right?
Not really considering there are only TWENTY-EIGHT inhabited planets, making Frieza's business scheme retroactively fucking retarded.

>an rpg system that has luck as a stat

What part of "use say the Freiza saga as a rough cutoff point" don't you understand?
Ignore all that nonsensical Super Bullshit, no God's of Destruction, no Angels, no manchild snuffing out entire universes at a whim.

Hell no fucking multiverse either, actually spend time developing the galaxy you started with.

You'd get to see more planetary guardians like Kami and find more info on the other Kais. Sounds fun.

No super saiyans, setting improved.

EVERYONE STOP!

Look at this:

Fuck off user you drip, discussion has moved on as is common for a Veeky Forums thread.

buttsmithy lips. i know them anywhere.

It literally has no explanation, hence why only the King of Earth seems to remember who King Piccolo was.

There was always a sense that most ordinary people never believed that stuff was real. Most people who cant sense ki couldnt see any of it anyway.

WTF? I love drawfag now!

> b-but what would the team do without my「Wolf Fang Pitch」

The current arc would like to call bs. Goku has more than once now gradually cycled through transformations while gauging an opponent's power. He still leaves out 3 because it's too taxing, but 2 gets shown.

There are obviously more species than that though. Stop and think about how many planets were crushed by Frieza, and then how many get wiped out by Beerus for petty reasons. It's no wonder there's a shortage of properly inhabited planets.

>That has been a problem from the start though, especially with Bulma. In colored pages Toriyama has drawn Bulma with blue hair, purple hair and even gray hair once or twice.
That was never an issue. In full color pages it was always purple, just like Goku's gi was always bright orange. In limited color pages, her hair was either light grey or light blue, just like Goku's gi would have to be light red.

Honestly its a pretty sweet racket, with his superhuman powers Yamcha could outplay an entire opposing team solo, makes the big bucks for little effort.

While Krillin the fucking loser that he is became a lameass traffic cop who gets no respect at all just because his bitch wants him to earn a meager paycheque.
If he actually put his abilities to use he could get much more money in a fraction of the time all legit and actually spend time with his family (a concept foreign to Japanese people)

Goku's ki looked much better when it was light red.

Kid Goku was a much better main character than adult Goku too, actually cared more about his friends than his fightboner, if you killed his comrades he would straight up murk your ass.

I feel sorry for Krillan, despite being probably the most powerful human on the planet, being to other planets, and seeing shit no one would ever dream of seeing, his life still really fucking sucks.
If he had never met 18, he'd probably have offed himself by now.