How would you make a fantasy setting about hair metal?

How would you make a fantasy setting about hair metal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2cPyr6Gi5aA
kickstarter.com/projects/1745101684/rockalypse-the-fate-core-rpg-of-musical-conflict
1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Hail_and_Kill
starchildren.velvetgeneration.com/
youtu.be/AZm1_jtY1SQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A wizards power is directly proportional to their hair length. An apprentice/1st level wizard has a mullet, while an Archmage/9th level wizard has a glorious mane that would make lions jealous.

It's gay.

Brutal Legend
done

Air guitar somatic gestures?

Do a samson

Shows what you know. Those guys got ALL the pussy.

Combine Bad News with gothic horror and do it like a Hammer movie in tight leopard print pants

That is an incredibly good idea, user!.

Just have a bunch of these guys about.

That much is apparent, it's a shame they didn't have anyone to fill said pussies.

Sod it, Pathfinder

Drummer = barbarian
Bass = Monk
Lead Singer = Bard
Guitar = Ranger
Keys = Wizard

Everybody takes perform and is forced to max it out.

Weapons are replaced with brands/types of instruments. Feats must be preformed with a musical flourish.

Job done

Just start by watching the animated movie Heavy Metal. Then run that.

Labyrinth (1986) featuring David Bowie.

I was thinking this too. Not really hair metal but damn it if Bowie doesn't at least look the part.

Watch Heavy Metal
Listen to 80s Hair Metal
Look at album art for inspiration

>ywn play in a campaign about a group of young fantasy rockers on a quest to free Dio, god of music and art, from the Holy Diver in the Midnight Sea.

What about power metal?
>tfw this album is based on a DnD campaign

Yeah, their male fans. Homosexual.

Everyone sits around talking about the Silmarillion. Everyone has skin problems. Nobody gets laid.

t. two guys who have no idea what the 80s were really like

All the girls would soak their shorts over these dudes. These bands were notorious for getting the most groupies. Hell, Guns'n'Roses went through a brief big hair perioud -- when asked why they did it, Axl just came right out and said they did it because it drove the girls nuts, and got them laid constantly. (Then they got famous and didn't need the silly getup anymore)

whilst being gay

It's funny, that was exactly what we used to tell ourselves,. Then we'd go to the thrash metal concerts..... which were total fucking sausage fests.
(Things were so much easier during the NWOBHM. Too bad I missed it, and only knew it from my older friends)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in whatever time period.

What's the matter little timmy, the kid with an ACDC shirt stole your lunch money again?

Well then, stop being a little bitch and punch him in the grundle. Just because he's a couple years older than you and he just grew his first pubic hair, it's no excuse to be a whiny cunt.

Makes sense. Chicks has the worst taste in aesthetics.

I understand that you masturbate to this scenario but that doesn't make you less gay

>hair length
>not hair volume

C'mon man

You seem to be obsessed with the gay, and see it everywhere. Is there something you're not telling us, or perhaps not telling yourself?

You could do as this user suggested. I do know that someone created some RPG that was inspired by the Heavy Metal genre. I think it's on the board wiki.

Another suggestion would be to read/watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=2cPyr6Gi5aA
Apologies for dubbed version. Only one I could find on youtube.

Depending on the tone of the campaign, I also suggest checking out any and all hair metal bands, even the parody ones like Steel Panther.

Both of these.
Chicks LOVED the big hair metal bands, and ignored all the other ones.
I'd use Visual Kei, instead.

This.

Thirty-one posts and not a single one of them mentions Shadowrun, the game that had hair metal as an elven racial trait.

ElfQuest had some glammy-ass fucking hair.

So fantasy, but more over the top

kickstarter.com/projects/1745101684/rockalypse-the-fate-core-rpg-of-musical-conflict

I played this at Gencon with the creator. It was alright I guess.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Hail_and_Kill

I mean, there's this. Based off of Dark Heresy. I played a Psyker template who was a pyrotechnics expert and guitarist - whenever he started thrashing, pyro went off and functioned as his spells. Perils of the Warp was him thrashing too hard and throwing himself into a trance.

Everyone's a bard and it's the coolest shit ever.

starchildren.velvetgeneration.com/
there you go.

Got a PDF?

Nope. if you find one, tell me.

Is this Interstella 5555: The RPG?

Have you even played this game ? Half of it is based on hair metal...

>Our world has become a cold, unhappy place. The Ministries of Culture have assumed control of the world's art and music, permitting only works which fit their own agendas. The past has been rewritten, and current events often aren't written at all. The minds of the people have become property of the Man, and Rock & Roll is a thing of the past.
Nah, Rush.
youtu.be/AZm1_jtY1SQ