Dearest Veeky Forums

Dearest Veeky Forums,

What exactly is the census on what an Ogre is supposed to be? I see you guys talk a lot about many other races: Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, Centaurs, Goblins, and like it or not, while you all have your own opinions and interpretations every one seems to fall in line with certain trends, patterns, and consistencies.

So tell me about Ogres, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6t71NVb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

some

I really like Onis aesthetically

Don't we all

>Don't we all
...no...?

Tolkien didn't have Ogres, so neither did The Sword of Shannara

If we're going to fairy tales, they're violent flesh eating giant

If we go back farther Ogre and Orc, for that matter comes from the latin Orcus,
which were demons who killed the shit out of you if you swore an oath on the Styx then broke it

WHFB did Orges the best from what I can tell;

Dumb, fat, brutish monsters that look like mongolians, and have a insatiable appetite, but can be surprsingly adaptive; toss em anywhere, and they'll carve a niche, from hunting mastadons to plowing fields to working as mercenaries. They adapt to the world around them, so long as they can eat.

Pic related is my mental image of an typical Ogre. In my setting, they are to humans what trolls are to orcs.

>fact
Warhammer has the best ogres.

/co/ had a great storytime of of a series about ogres recently.
The ogre gods, where ogres make the nobility of a kingdom.
Very cool, good scanlation with textual interludes about the main ogre kings and queens for more fluff. It's a study about social and familial determinism painted as a fantasy story
Two independant issues, taking place at the same time but with different characters.

Depends on setting.

BODY ONCE TOLD ME

BODY

I like the Changeling: the Lost origin in which they're humans changed by extreme violence; violence they endured from others and/or inflicted on them.

>/co/ had a great storytime of of a series about ogres recently.

Any chance I can get a link to that thread in question or perhaps to the comic itself? I've tried to look around, but all I'm finding is either outdated/404'd download links or nothing in english.

This is best ogre.

Maby give em fatter heads and more beefy bodies. Still gotta be fat though.

The only objective ogre coming through

KYS with that weeb shit.

I love those ogres but I think blizzard made them to smart and should have gave them female ogres.

But the whole stone shacks thing is nice. And massive pots over a big ass fire filled with fleshy bits.

>So tell me about Ogres, Veeky Forums.
autonomous cybernetic nuclear-equipped robot tanks

>But the whole stone shacks thing is nice.

Ogre Mounds are just such a perfect little concept. I can't explain why I like it so much, but it's just so fucking perfect and iconic- it's almost like a Troll Bridge or something from the ye olde fairy tales or what have you.
Large semi-artificial caves, roughly hewn, decorated in cave paintings, and you go inside and it isn't just ogres hanging around, but they've got little work stations and often use their cold, dark, caves to hang and crudely preserve meat or kills.

pastebin.com/6t71NVb8

The best ogres will always talk about eating skulls when you walk in on them.

"Hey Urbok, what your favorite part about skulls? The squishy bit or the crunchy bit?" Urbok then bats Ookgar on his head, then responds with "THE best bit it the Smashing bit of course!" Both ogres precede to laugh as they mix their stew.

Im not a fan. The aesthetic is interesting, but as a GM I just dont see it as universally intimidating. I can describe an Oni and if somebody doesnt already know what an Oni is, they probably wouldnt know they were supposed to be intimidated by the thing with bright red skin, a loinlcloth, and horns.

I agree with this, however they are still sort of ill defined for my liking.

THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME

I AIN'T THE SHARPEST TOOL IN A SHED

I'm glad you replied to let us know that you took issue with that bland statement.

WFB fat mongol raiders Ogres best Ogres