Veeky Forums related Comics, Manga and Webcomics

Looking for some recommendations that can serve as inspiration for Fantasy settings or are related to TTRPGs. I'll offer the ones I know:

>Comics
>Praedor (Dark Souls x Conan)
>Fell's Five (DnD 5e tie in)
>Elric of Melnibone (inspired many a setting)
>Hellboy

>Manga
>Dungeon Meshi (needs no introduction)
>Ubel Blatt (haven't actually read it)
>Bastard!
>Berserk
>Kuutei Dragons (dragon hunting)

>Webcomics
>Kill 6 Billion Demons
>The House of Orr (Fantasy with comedy)
>Stand Still Stay Silent

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/files/2011/07/extracover.jpg
parahumans.wordpress.com/
www24.zippyshare.com/v/SvaJTjT2/file.html
mediafire.com/?8vc0eywtcqx7i#8vc0eywtcqx7i
mediafire.com/?b4mhrfnyc6k6r
mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD
personal.inet.fi/yritys/petrihiltunen/petrihiltunen.fi/Free_Comics_to_download.html
pastebin.com/6t71NVb8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Orc Stain, comic by James Stokoe, now on hiatus until he has more made money by doing nice illustrations for actuall comic books.

Excellent depiction of an Orc society and fantastic use of colour and form to make the setting stand out.

The person saying it’s feminist garage is a troll.

Nonplayer, basically an Isekai comic that has seen just two issues being published over the past few years, gorgeous art.

Elf.

comicsalliance.com/files/2011/07/extracover.jpg

Your webcomic recommendations are particularly shit.

Anybody translating more Praedor?

Also
>Lanfeust
>Marlysa
>De capes et the crocs
>Le monde d'Arkadi
>The Treasure Hunters
>Alim the Tanner
>Finkel
>Potamoks
>The Forests of Opal
>that scifi comic about the dude turning himself into a lesbian space amazon

Unsounded, a webcomic about a little girl collecting a debt from a cousin and her zombie bodyguard.

It has detailed worldbuilding, great characters and the plot keeping escalating to new heights.

Sorry, user. I don't actually read webcomics a lot, I just listed what I see mentioned on Veeky Forums. I probably should not have listed things based on visibility, my bad.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, great worldbuilding and a fairly detailed and well-told political story. Avoid the anime as it's too short to do anything except nice visuals.

One Piece, similar tone to D&D adventures with great worldbuilding, narrative-shaping powers and architecture.

Akira is a great inspiration for any cyberpunk, though I'm not quite finished with it.

Praedor seems interesting, what can you tell me about it?

Artesia (if you can stomach the sameface), it has it's own P&P.

Wizards fucked up, so all that's left of the world's a walled-in bit of a park of the former, planet-spanning wizard city.

WORM.

parahumans.wordpress.com/

its fucking great.

Any links to download it? The aesthetics are pretty decent based on what I saw on google images

www24.zippyshare.com/v/SvaJTjT2/file.html

Much obliged, is this the only issue available in English?

Yes, though I think the series only has three books in total and an RPG setting.

Thorgal, Kraa, Élias le Maudit.

>avoid the anime
Yeah, just go ahead and avoid one of the best films Miyazaki has ever produced.

How many of these are in English, and where can I get them, torrents, /co/?

I have no idea how to download from that website.

Click on the big orange box that says "Download Now", pal

mediafire.com/?8vc0eywtcqx7i#8vc0eywtcqx7i
mediafire.com/?b4mhrfnyc6k6r
mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD

wtf, completely unexpected, thanks a lot based user

Onks noita praedorei suomeks upittu nettiin mihkään? Joskus kauan sitten hommasin yhen osan divarista ja ehottomasti jäi mieleen. Saattais löytyä vanhemmilta vielä se osa, mutta toihan oli aika pitkä tarina eikö.

btw do you happen to remember the trollpunk comic ontot kukkulat?
Oh man did this thread stir up some nostalgia in me. I think I'll read ennen päivän laskua ei voi again, since I think it's the only book I still own on this contemporary fantasy topic.

Here are some of Petri Hiltunen's comics for those who understand Finnish or just like looking at pretty pictures:
personal.inet.fi/yritys/petrihiltunen/petrihiltunen.fi/Free_Comics_to_download.html

JAUZA ma mäng

Only 1/3 of those actually works though.

Ah, sorry about that. I only checked 'Kolmen valtiaan tarina' before posting.

I personally couldn't stand the bastardized story. It is great for seeing the wonderful world, its plants and creatures in motion and color, but it's too short for me to connect to the characters at all and the story IIRC removes any substance from the central conflict as well as changing the ending to environmentalism.

Oh man, that brings me memories of the old times.
>orc haves sex with a granny

It's not bastardised, he only wrote the first few chapters of the manga before the film was made, he took almost 10 years to finish the manga afterwards.

you are right that the manga is better.

Joe the barbarian was pretty good

I suppose it's a bad word, but it's certainly very underdeveloped in comparison. I loved it when I first watched it, but it just pales so much in comparison to the manga.

Reposting link to comic about ogres from the monster thread:
pastebin.com/6t71NVb8

Still in the Eurocomic vein:
>Aquablue and Wake, the two biggest sci-fi franchises out there.
>Garulfo, comedic (mostly) fantasy by the author of De Cape et de Crocs. The guy also made the masterful 7 missionaries about sinful monks sent on a suicide mission to convert vikings, and the D series about philosophers hunting vampires during the victorian era.

>that scifi comic about the dude turning himself into a lesbian space amazon
Falka.

Ignore that user, those webcomics are pretty good. While they shouldn't be put on pedestals or anything they shouldn't get that kind of hate.

>biggest
It's probably Valerian (again?) now.

There's a lot of really great Veeky Forums comics, but off the top of my head, here are the ones that I've read recently.

>Starlight: Buck Rogers-type adventurer comes home and no one believes his stories. Cue 30 years later when he has to return back to the planet he saved and stop another dictator.

>Blacksad: Most would write this off excellent noir series as furshit, but I'd argue it's more in-tune with the spirit of it's genre than most American series. Specifically, it's about a detective most commonly called Blacksad by his peers, and the pretty damn good investigations and stories he gets involved in.

>Lastman: I can't explain LastMan very well, because it's a weird-ass series with both a comic, and an amazing cartoon prequel. If you enjoy weird, off-putting fantasy with an asshole protagonist done right, this is your series.

What sort of game setting can you play the webcomic Romantically Apocalyptic?