Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Bad Game Design Edition

>New Alaitoc Attribute
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=jjZLVBtkpzQ

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

1st 4 eldar

Blandhammer

Aaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhhhh

Eldar are OP.

arrrrghhhh

This meme of posting a fucking GoT image with "aarghh" is the most fucking autistic thing I've seen on these threads since Esdese. It's really fucking embarrassing, please stop.

How come the ecclesiarchy has better force fields in the form of rosariuses than the mechanicus who only have refractor fields, even on cawl?

>mfw eldar armies are immune to my shooting

No, the first 3 Codexes are UP. Death Guard and everything afterwards is fine.

So its the exact same problem as 7th edition

Because Rosarius' are basically Refractor Fields that stack with the Shield of Faith 6++ granted by the Emperor to Ministorum units.

as 6th edition

as 5th edition

Is this actually how it works? Surely orks would still hit on 6 no matter how many penalties there are

Heard in the last thread that Malanthropes are OP. So I had to make one to babysit my dickheads.

Because GW intentionally gimped the admech on tabletop
>make all the imperiums shit
>get none of it

No

They didnt introduce formations and decurions until halfway through 7th, the first few codexes were garbage compared to the later ones

No 7th was much much worse, about half the armies were total trash, not just 2-3 of them, and the disparity between the top and bottom tiers was much wider.

Once Chapter Approved and the rest of the major Codexes come out the meta will be a lot better.

That's only on overwatch.

Now my fluffy list for Eldar feels like it is going to be kind of meaner than I wanted it to be. Couple of units of rangers, then some Wraithblades and Wraithguard, a Fighter of some kind, Wraithlord or Wraithseer, Farseer, Nightspinner, and some swooping hawks, maybe some vipers.

yes

No. Nothing in the rules lets you hit on a 6 regardless of penalties. Orks with a -2 to hit just auto-miss every shot.

Aaaargggghhhh

>GW reintroduces stacking modifiers that make it impossible to shoot eldar.
>Because gw is too fucking lazy to give every faction unique traits.

Fuck this bland piece of shit edition, I want formations back. At least when they were op they were interesting and not just the same copy pasted derivative crap as everyone else except one faction gets slightly more crap.

...okay I chuckled. But seriously, stop forcing this meme.

IG are gonna get raped HARD by eldar

t. boring shootingshitter

We are back bitches

90% of Formations never saw play and the rest were just "here's 500 points of free shit and upgrades" or "here have every USR in the book for no cost"

So all tanks get the same buff or something? Hammerheads gonna shoot twice now too hopefully

I'm not even the guy who does it. I just saw an opportunity and went with it. And user, we both know bitching almost always only encourages anything

No. Hammerheads are fine, Prisms and Russes were utter trash and needed the buff. Hammerheads will probably get some sweet stratagem though.

If anyone needs a shoot twice it will probably be Broadsides.

Orks just keep getting worse with every new codex

They're setting us up for another horribly disappointing codex

>Linked Fire

NOOO the Imperium is 1st!

Is there any place in the rulebook or faqs that specifies that you can only consolidate with units that fought in the fight phase?

>Orks
>caring about a hit penalty from over 12" away
>when they can just charge with over9000 boyz and delete anything they touch
>b-but flyers-
>stormboyz exist, shut up

>If anyone needs a shoot twice it will probably be Broadsides.
Definitely wouldn't mind, love railsides.

Why don't astartes get their traits on vehicles? Everyone else does, and they often get the same traits we do.

Uh, yeah, maybe read the Fight phase rules dumbass. Consolidating is the last step of fighting.

they do on dreadnoughts.

Hammerheads getting the option to move half their speed and not take a penalty to their too hit mod would be an interesting one as a passive rule to them. Give Broadsides the ability to fire twice only if they don't move at all (need to stabilize themselves) would also make sense.

What's the minimum accuracy needed to hit these guys? Guards can still hit on 6 right?

Because your codex was first so you get shafted.

>just charge with boyz :^)

do you have any idea how difficult it is to effectively charge with boyz?

And how easy it is to counter boyz by just deploying correctly?

Because it was a legacy holdover from 7th edition Chapter Tactics and then GW decided in future Codexes that was a dumb idea because it sells less tanks.

Eh. I am not worried about rangers at all. Just charge the fuckers. Hemlock is annoying, but it's tricky for them to keep concealed. Generally ignoring it or getting close with Dakkajets may be the best option for Alaitoc Hemlocks. It would be super amusing to charge it with a big squad of Stormboyz though.

Why don't they just do all. Of the Eldar releases at once. Then they can make a collector's edition Compendium Aeldari and sell it for 500$ to overweight man children?

Guard normally hit on 4+, so yes, at -2 you hit on a 6.

No.

Bs4 becomes Bs7+ to hit with a -3.

>OP
No they're not. They just make Venomthropes completely obsolete, since they are more durable, can protect Non-infantry units with their shrowd and are both synapse and psykers.
Alright, they might be a little bit OP.

>do you have any idea how difficult it is to effectively charge with boyz?
>can Advance+charge and re-roll charges
>have a psychic power to deep strike anything mid-game

>And how easy it is to counter boyz by just deploying correctly?
>Eldar
>having anything that can counter charging units cheaply

Doesn't matter. They were still far more interesting, and just as fucking balanced as -3 to hit lol everyone is alpha legion.

>Why don't they just do all. Of the Space Marine releases at once. Then they can make a collector's edition Compendium Astartes and sell it for 500$ to overweight man children?

Any eldar army can take a detachment of dark eldar and screen with crows.

Perfect. Except SM would be 750,let's be real here.

>have a psychic power to deep strike anything mid-game
Do you know hoe fucking difficult it is to deepstrike a blob of 30 models while staying 9" away from enemy models?

Even if you can do it, if you fail that charge that unit of boyz is dead

Ive had an entire unit of 30 boyz removed from the board after charging mortarion

1cp
Use at the start of the shooting phase
All rail weapons replace their type with rapidfire

>Ive had an entire unit of 30 boyz removed from the board after charging mortarion
wow! what a rare occurence!

I like that FW put in some thought for the tigershark and made magnet slots for ease of swap setups.
Also, what are the 4 tigershark variants? That is what the post says, that you can build 4 different ones

>GW reintroduces stacking modifiers that make it impossible to shoot eldar.
wait what?

>charging mortarion
>the guy who deletes hordes
>charged him with BOYZ

They are not psykers, but they are quite good.
>prey adaptation

Flocks are 14 points apiece. Why would you bother?

Conceal only works on INFANTRY or BIKES. The plane can only get to -2.

What about Vindicators? They need a buff too, doesn't have to be the shoot twice thing but they need something. d3 shots at 24" on a 10" T8 heavy tank, for the price of an entire infantry squad, seems pretty meh to every other tank in the game. Loyalist vindicator can't even back it up with a havoc launcher and meltagun.

Demolisher cannon has no reason not to be an unconditional Heavy d6 like other large blast weapons. It now has a smaller blast than a frag missile or havoc missile, nice going GW. Buffing it would also give guardfags a reason to take a Demolisher cannon over the executioner plasma cannon or gatling gun of doom.

Here's the thing...

The plane is a psyker, so it can cast it on itself.

The AX 1-0 has big railguns and can use ions or burst cannons for the turrets.

The fighter/bomber can use big bursts, big ions, or little railguns for main armament.

The demolisher is already the best anti-tank russ.

But not the rest, and all the other vehicles are still crewed by astrartes. CSM get legion traits on their fucking Cultists, which makes even less sense.
So, any chance Chapter Approved fixes that?

>-3 to hit lol
Only with a Flyer, successfully casting a Psychic power, staying more than 12" away.

Deny conceal, deep strike within 9" of it and light it up, Smite it, charge it with Flying units, jesus christ get gud.

yes chapter approved will make your dreams come true and you'll never have to complain on /th/ again :)

No

>Hammerheads
>1 Railgun shot max, 1d6 damage max
>Almost 200pts
>Okay

Yeah, okay.

kek

doubtful

Is it? Then buff the Vindicator itself rather than the cannon, let it get +1 to hit stationary targets or something because it is a siege tank.

>Ive had an entire unit of 30 boyz removed from the board after charging mortarion
Holy shit, shocker. A 450ish point unique Primarch specifically geared towards fucking hordes deleted a 180pt blob of basic Troops???

I guess Boyz can literally never beat Eldar then. That's the clear logical conclusion here.

They can only do it once per turn, at least two prisms MUST target a single unit regardless of if it was destroyed or not (you already selected the target after all) and 2 Fire Prisms average 16 wounds with it. Every subsequent tank is reduced to a sedate 3.55 wounds per vehicle. That's really not that bad if you don't use any Baneblades or other superheavies. If you cry at loosing a Leman Russ to two enemy units of equal points value, you probably shouldn't be guard-ing.

>I can't delete half the board
>buff needed!

Slight possibility CA fixes it, but don't bet your house on it or anything.

So? It's neither infantry nor bike so it does not gain the benefit of its own aura.

Neat

I'd like to see a different buff rather than copy paste the other ones.
I dunno, maybe if you move 0 you double damage or something for example

What was I supposed to charge him with?

Something more expensive that would have died just as easily?

Charging 180pts vs. 450pts.

Should of used 75 Boyz instead

I have to say though, for the faction that coined the term dakka it's pretty shitty thaf they don't have the volume of fire to make up for their awful accuracy. Orks are shit at shooting, and they shouldn't be.

Mind you, that's shooting, not hitting. If they hit half as much as anyone else but shoot twice that's fine. But currently there's winning lists that take 60pt Weirdboys as their only ranged iffense. That ain't right.

'Attacks that target the psyker OR infantry/bikes within 3"'.

Hmmmm
The Talisman of Burning Blood just seems so good. Like, I want to take the Axe of Blind Fury, but the Talisman is pretty tempting too and seems like a better idea.

>Your opponent must subtract 1 from all hit rolls for ranged weapons that target the psyker or friendly ASURYANI INFANTRY or ASURYANI BIKER units within 3" of the psyker until your next Psychic phase.
>Targets the PSYKER

Spend the command point and take both?

Wew lads looks like it’s time to go full Nazi

Well, Mortarion is the best infantry blender in the game. He kills 18 GEQ a turn on combat alone, before auras, powers and shooting.

Just spend a CP, get both.

I'd just like it if they had comparable firepower to a Predator's main gun. Right now, you're a fool if you're trying to use Hammerheads to kill enemy vehicles.

But you can’t put them both on the same model though.

>tfw just got 10 more Flash GItz and 2 Supa-Kannon Wagons
>tfw I know my shooty boyz list will never work but I love the idea too much

Nigga you running a patrol or something?

Just put one on your main warlord or whatever, another on your dark apostle/exalted champion.

What else would you be using it for?

>The plane is a psyker
Fucking Eldar