Covert operative creation thread

In a world full of organized crime, rogue nations and international intrigue spies never go out of style.

So let's kill some time and maybe some terrorists by rolling up some covert operatives.

Roll 1d100 to begin.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/mwb42mcqvru59ca/Covert Ops RPG (tg Copy).pdf
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vodka Martini, Shaken, not stirred.
And say what are we rolling for. Also, I wonder if I get it right, it's my first time rolling.

Rolled 9 (1d100)

Of course I didn't.

You are a former athlete. Pick one of the three perks. BP is essentially HP and values for most stuff are pretty low so a +5 means you can take an extra punch or a weak melee attach.

Athletic athlete, please

Next we assign your attributes. You have a 65, 60, 55, and 50 to set as you see fit. So what kind of attribute was your operative?

>str
>dex
>log
>Wil

And with Athletic that's a 55 in Dex as well. Now, let's see what else your athlete can do. Roll 2d100 to see what skills you already know.

Rolled 37, 55 = 92 (2d100)

Rolling

If I'm reading this correctly then we're a martial artist pilot.

A martial artist pilot? Must have been a tri-athlete. Now, knowing kung fu has its own perks. Roll 1d100 to see what martial move you start with.

Rolled 54 (1d100)

Let's see

Neat. A critical strike is when you roll doubles and succeed. This would be a passive skill since it's attached to your normal attack.

Now, we come to the descriptors. I need to know who your agent actually is.

>Observant
Able to see hidden details quickly
>Famous
His face is well known in the spy world making covert missions more difficult.

Sorry if my suggestions suck. I always make characters too OP or weak.

Now, what is this operative's next mission? What is our keen-eyed, kung fu pilot being sent to do?

Roll 1d100

Rolled 38 (1d100)

Moving from A to B. It was supposed to be a simple job. Roll 1d100 to see where we're visiting.

What system is this, OP?

Rolled 59 (1d100)

Give me Italy, please.

Covert Ops, it's a d100 system that's simple to pick up and play but I mostly use it for the fuckload of charts and tables it's got. That and the average pistol does ~12 damage in a system where most people have ~25 HP so you have to be smart.

Neat.

A trot through Nepal. Perfect summer getaway. Now, what kind of madman is trying to stop you? Roll 1d100 for your master villain.

I like it. It also has base building mechanics for secret safe houses for the players.

Rolled 81 (1d100)

Mad scientists are so fucking cool. What's his endgame? Roll 1d100

I've always had the idea of two, maybe three different task forces of the CIA infighting - one are stereotypical James Bond-ish gadgeteers who fight against nefarious plots that'll affect countries beyond the US, and 60s-70s style ultra-practical imperialist shitters, the same kind who ran horrific experiments on their own countrymen, ran drugs to wipe out minorities, and are more likely to just send cleaner teams and kill everyone's families than deal with terrorists.

Kind of something like, I dunno, Medal of Honor vs. Black Ops 1, Perfect Dark vs. Syphon Filter, XXX vs Atomic Blonde, or maybe something like the Green Zone, in which the CIA are actually idealistic dudes trying to find why the DOD is doing some morally shady shit.

Rolled 35 (1d100)

I like it.

>the CIA are actually idealistic dudes

Just to keep himself amused. That could be fun or incredibly dangerous.

Let's make sure the operative is equipped for the challenge. You begin with a semi-automatic pistol (with a spare ammo upgrade), a wristwatch, earpiece commlink (1 mile radius), encrypted cell phone (to call other operatives or back to Command), a special ID card, and an ID reader which validates the ID cards and an equipment allowance of 6 to select gear for the mission. Kits are picked before every mission so no need to think about the long term.

Aww, yeah.

Briefcase Full of Money

Well, that's easy to remember. A gun and a fuckload of cash. Roll 1d100 to name this operation.

Rolled 51 (1d100)

it's a bit more muddled than that, but they're depicted as trying to keep some form of stability alive while the DoD wants every loose end on the fact they fabricated the WMD threat gone, even if it means a chance at stability.

Funny enough, the DoD guy behind it is even more optimistic - he unironically believes in spreading democracy and doesn't give two shits about seizing resources.

>MEDUSA LIGHT
He's trying to create weapon to transform sun light so it can turn living beings into stone? Sweet!

Operation Medusa Light.

Before the operative sets off, roll 1d100 to see if they start knowing a second language. If you roll under their Logic score, they can speak 1 other language fluently.

Rolled 45 (1d100)

If you can't think of another language, you could roll a d10 to pick from these.

I was thinking Nepali since we're in Nepal.

And one last thing. What kind of obstacle does the operative confront?

Then again it isn't as versatile as the other languages. What do you guys think?

Rolled 3 (1d100)

There's no time. Dammit!

Well, that's pretty much all there is to it. If anyone else wants to try, just roll 1d100 and check out this

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Aye

And here's a copy of the game proper: mediafire.com/file/mwb42mcqvru59ca/Covert Ops RPG (tg Copy).pdf