Hello, Veeky Forums!

Hello, Veeky Forums!

LANCER (the RPG by Kill Six Billion Demons' Abbadon) just got another fantastic update, adding more weapons, talents and enemies, as well as a brand new part of the test module!

As always, if you're here to troll, please don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2mQ7IPn-PsqNE9uYkp4Yjh6VUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's kind of annoying that trolls are still making the OP's of these threads, but it is nice to hear about an update to the game. Thanks, in a weird way?

Shill

Fuck off and die, Abaddon

If you've not been following these threads- Trolls are posting them, trying to make them hate the game. One of Abaddon's players posted on here twice, kinda fucked up the first time, and people now seem to be trying to counter the shilling by faux-shilling badly to make people hate the game. It's honestly really weird.

This sounds like an advertisement. Those aren't allowed, you know.

Looks like you're trying to impress everyone a bit too hard again.

So let me translate to you all that other people here are trying to tell you.
Your game is not good. It isn't liked. It won't get picked up. It won't get "hype". It won't go viral.

And before you go all butthurt on me, the problem is in your persistent, lame promotion strategy.

Veeky Forums likes homebrew, but hates shilling.

livestream you hanging yourself, troll

Worth noting that this post bumped the thread from page 7. Literally pointless unless he was trying to draw negative attention to it.

.....I like it

So do I, but I'd recommend not bumping this particular thread. The OP is designed to turn people against the game by being as annoying and shilly as possible. Best wait for a thread with a sincere OP to actually discuss the game.

>genuinely interested in mecha game and talking about it
>OP can’t psychology

Literally just stop calling out “trolls” in the opener, or at all really.
Bonus points for copying /general/ format and putting something catchy like “UPD8s HERE!” and then doing a series of greentext and responses like

>what is this?
Explain
>who’s it by
Answer
>FAQs
>Frequent Answers

T. Marketer

With the obligatory faggotry outta the way. Whats the story on planetary sized mechas? Do we have the homebase gundam yet or nah?

See above. The OP is literally a troll trying to fuck with the game. They've been doing this ever since the first couple of threads, where admittedly one of the playtesters made a mistake and came off as a total shill themselves. They copped to it after, and seem to have given up on posting here at this point.

>Want to troll game
>advertise it with some semblance of effort

I, o-okay? Jeez I need to lurk more often again to remember how bizarro this site can be.

It is seriously fuckin' weird. Basically attempting to use Veeky Forums's anti-shill reaction to turn people against the game by pushing it as obnoxiously as possible. They stopped for a while after it became too obvious, but they seem to be having another go.

see
They're being shilled in a purposefully annoying way because the original OP was a genuine shill.

> The OP is literally a troll trying to fuck with the game.

I'm more willing to believe OP is a shill pretending to be a troll pretending to be a shill.

If a troll actually hated this game, he'd just want it to disappear from this board, not make threads about it. This all just sounds like the stupid shit a butthurt shill would pull because his first attempt at getting people on board with this game failed miserably. The biggest clue is what posts keep bumping these threads, and it all just seems like an attempt to start contoversy for the sake of attention.

>Veeky Forums likes homebrew, but hates shilling.

Well said.

On the off chance that you're not the same person, if you really want me to I can drag up the previous threads where they literally say what they're planning to do, along with the multiple repeated threads where they do just this.

Umm sweetie, please stop shilling your garbage here until it's no longer garbage.

Ahh, and here's the other hallmark of the earlier threads made and sustained by the trolls. Sweetieposting.

Sounds like just more lies. Planted perhaps so you could reference them later? Who knows?

The way to understand any crime is to look for a motive and trace back from there. We're deep in the territory of people lying and lying about lying, so it's best not to take anything for face value and just look at what we have to work with.

OP's motive is clear. He wants discussion about the game, regardless of whether its good or bad. In fact, he sounds like he was particularly baiting for this kind of discussion, because he knows this bumps the thread more than actual discussion about the game. The game is lackluster enough that this little spat of controversy is ten times more interesting.

So, if that's his master plan, the solution is to just call him out on it, and allow these threads to die. So, with that said, au revoir.

But that completely ignores the strangely irregular timing of the bumps earlier in the thread, wherein negative comments, nothing to do with spurring discussion, were used to keep the thread from dying. Your theory completely ignores obvious facts present right here, right now.

>troll actually hated this game, he'd just want it to disappear from this board, not make threads about it.

You've not seen a lot of 'Hey, 4e!' threads in that case.

The new 1 shot weapons seem interesting. If comically silly in the case of some (Like the nuke)

The new updates do seem good, and the exotic tech is a hilarious if ridiculous idea. I just wish it'd be possible to discuss it in a thread not made to make the game look bad.

>OP's motive is clear. He wants discussion about the game, regardless of whether its good or bad. In fact, he sounds like he was particularly baiting for this kind of discussion, because he knows this bumps the thread more than actual discussion about the game. The game is lackluster enough that this little spat of controversy is ten times more interesting.

This seems to be OP's thought process.

A troll that hated this game would wait for other people to try and discuss it and shit on it then, rather than making and bumping these threads. He might actually be hoping to appeal to Veeky Forums's innate contrarian nature, and get people to try and like the game by presenting a lot of hate towards it. The game doesn't really deserve that much hate, it's just mediocre, but the awkward shilling attempts attached to it are so fucking bizarre that I can only suspect that OP thinks he's far more clever than he actually is.

But, you seem to understand this, as you keep bumping this thread.
You caught me in your master plan, but revealing it gives me the last laugh, ha ha.

Seriously though. Try looking past the shallow strategies and just look at what OP is trying to accomplish. Regardless of what is being said, the thread is made and it is being bumped, and that's all OP cares about.

But they didn't. The troll actively posted several threads one after another, as well as an attempt at multiple simultaneously. It's all present in the archive.

Meanwhile, I'm only posting to clarify the various bits of disinformation being posted, as soon as possible after those posts to minimise the impact of my bumps.

>as soon as possible after those posts to minimise the impact of my bumps.
Are you familiar with the concept of sage?

Stop false-flagging, you've been doing this too long

Last I heard they disabled that. Did they revert that change? I don't really keep up with the background stuff going on on the site.

See? These are the kind of posts that OP and his fellow shills will then sprinkle into the thread.

Same pattern as the one's in the past, and the funny thing is that they've already given enough evidence that they are coordinating themselves. Members of Abaddon's group of playtesters have admitted to posting here, and even Abaddon himself has posted here. It wouldn't be a shock if they were trying their best to come up with some sort of strategy to accomplish what they admitted they were trying to do in the PDF.

They're here to try and get free playtesting for their beta game so they can then sell it. If they were more upfront and honest about this and didn't pepper every mention of the game with comments about how great and amazing and interesting it is, they wouldn't be receiving this level of backlash.

Ahh, and here's the troll with his conspiracy theory. I guess he gets points for it being only slightly more ridiculous than what he's trying to do to mess with the game.

>See? These are the kind of posts that OP and his fellow shills will then sprinkle into the thread.

I'm and I've never been part of any group with Abbaddon. How would I be able to discuss new changes without coming across as a shill then?

You can't, because they're a troll

Trolls trolling trolls calling each other trolls. Add another to the list of things that cant be discussed on Veeky Forums

I mean, it can be discussed, you just need to evade the troll. We've had a couple of good threads discussing the game. General consensus was that the initial balance was really bad, so seeing how much difference the latest pass made should be interesting.

>damage control

This is hardly farfetched, and everything points to this being the truth. Advertisers like yourselves don't like the idea that people generally can tell when people are trying to sell them something (because there's always a negative reaction), and do their best to disguise themselves. While what I've outlined may sound elaborate, it's pretty basic and actually rather childish.

A group tries to take advantage of an anonymous site to promote their unfinished game. After meeting resistance, they resort to further unsavory methods of abusing anonymity in hopes that people won't catch on.

If you want to stop being called out as shills, please, stop shilling so obviously.

Anyone can go into the archive and see the evidence that you're lying, troll.

If you actually care, go take screenshots of the archive and put it all together with an explanation so future threads can ignore him

The evidence supports my claims, actually.
Right from the first of these threads.

Currently can't, will do when I can.

The only thing there's evidence for, which I acknowledged earlier, is that one of Abaddon's playtest group posted about it on Veeky Forums and fucked up their first impression.

Shill, please.

The archive has some absolutely blatant and awful attempts to shill right from the get go. The earliest "reviews" of the game were basically sales pitches that avoided actually discussing what the game was about, and instead tried to paint it in favorable but vague terms. With this happening enough, and these reviews being at odds with the actual quality of the game, it's pretty suspicious, especially since people would have had next to no opportunities to actually play the game (or read through the 260 pages) to get more than an initial impression beyond terrible formatting and cumbersome rules with no prominent direction.

As a reminder, this isn't the first game that Abaddon's group tried to shill here, and it was met with people calling them out as shills as well. You guys are really, really obvious, and managed to independently trigger the innate shill-alarms of different people.

You hoping that everyone should extend to you the benefit of the doubt is ridiculous at this point.

...Reviews? What the fuck are you talking about?

I have no fucking clue what he's talking about at this point.

I'd like another good mech system, sure.

Okay Mr. Not A Shill/Troll, I'll check out the rules. Where's it uploaded to?

Keep in mind it's a WIP, and basically ignore this thread.

Don't remember your infamous "I can't wait to try [this game]! This game looks [interesting] and [right up my alley]. I want a game that can [hit the sweetspot] of [light narrative] but with [hefty crunch], and also happens to be a [mech] game!" posts? The ones that read like some kind of telemarketer constructing his thoughts by script?

These aren't insane, one-of-a-kind reactions to those posts. The first reactions of multiple people was "Holy shit, you sound like shills."

And, as has been noted previously, Veeky Forums has started to pick up /v/'s bad habit where absolutely any expression of sincere enthusiasm over something is interpreted as shilling. It's honestly depressing.

And also what I've heard from a dozen other threads before on various topics. Heck, I've heard LOTW described as that before (Save with Wuxia rather than mech) and it's company is so very dead it can't hire shills.

Wait... Do people actually think some random webcomic author is wealthy enough, or would care enough, to hire marketers? And that, of all places, they'd come to fucking Veeky Forums?

It's his playgroup who are helping develop the game. They're here because they can't afford actually hiring playtesters, so they're hoping to get us to do it for free.

I think (Maybe?) they mean unpaid shills. People who are involved in the project and trying to spread it about? I think by that definition literally everyone talking about the new L5R RPG is a shill.

I mean, okay? Why is that a bad thing? I'm working on a game with some friends that I'm going to post on Veeky Forums when it's a playable state.

But the reason I'm making the game is because I enjoy playing games and want to make an experience others will enjoy. Wanting to share that experience early is just a natural extension of that. It's also good for the game, to get testing and refinement so I can make it an even better experience.

And at some point make money from it, maybe? But nobody makes an RPG with the hopes of massive profit. Or, if they do, they're a fucking idiot. All but the most successful designers only scrape by, or do it as a side job.

Shouldn't you be going and shitting all over the L5R threads then?

It's one thing to be upfront about it, it's another thing to do what these guys are doing and to be doing it ultimately for personal gain.

And at this point people are shitting over literally every single thread on the topic when this board is, by definition, anonymous. You can't tell who made them. How would you propose someone wanting to talk about the game make a thread if they are not a shill?

Not making a shitty OP would be a start. But as mentioned, this shitty OP was made by a troll.

A shitty OP is also kinda subjective/There are basically no good options.

>Talk about the game/it's qualities.

You are doing marketing and a shill!

>Not talking about the game.

Shitty OP, why would we want to talk about something we don't know anything about it!

A fair point. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't. But I'd always err on the side of more informative over less, as if you're going to get shat on either way you should at least post something of value.

Open letter to the team:

1. Wait. This is definitely not the time to try, and trying would only make it seem like you are trying to capitalize on controversy, which will ultimately work against you. Use this time to actually play the game if you are genuinely interested in it.

2. Be upfront and honest. Start off by saying Abaddon is looking for playtesters for his unfinished game. It's right in the beginning of the PDF so it's clear that at least the editor thought it was important, but it's something that needs to be right in the OP at this point.

Also, address the shilling issue. Go ahead and say there's been a problem and that you're going to do your best to avoid sounding like you're making sales pitches. Don't double down on it or trying to deny it. And definitely don't just use threads like these. Just say "OP is trying to hard, let's wait until things cool down."

3. Don't use shill language. Don't say it's "interesting" and "looks good" and is "fantastic" and expect that to hold up by itself. Say something that is interesting. Show something that you think looks good. Don't pass judgement on anything. Be informative instead of trying to be persuasive. This might sound unnecessarily strict, but this game has basically lost the chance to be given the benefit of the doubt.

4. Tell people about the actual game. Most people don't know anything about it beyond that it has mechs. What type of mechs? What type of campaigns? Etc. etc. Have that be the focus of the OP, rather than hoping to get people to blindly dive into it. Also, Abaddon's webcomic has very little to do with this game, so trying to call that up is basically just hoping to use his fame as a selling point, and looks super sleazy.

5. List genuine criticisms and weak points of the game that you think need work. It's unfinished and has a LOT of weak spots, and if you honestly want to see them fixed, call attention to them. Hell, ask Veeky Forums for its advice, not just come here asking for our opinions. Don't offer little grievances just to try and throw off the shill scent, mention big issues that you are struggling with.

This is my honest advice. I don't dislike this game, but I do dislike the way that its developers have tried to present it to us.

That...wasn't what I asked. I asked what someone who's not part of his team who wants to talk about the game should open with. Someone being open and honest there would say they are not working for him...because they are not.

Honestly, I doubt the developers have made any more than 1 thread. At this point it seems to be mostly trolls trolling trolls.

>I asked what someone who's not part of his team who wants to talk about the game

Yeah, sure. Okay. Whatever you say, Mr. I'm-interested-in-a-half-baked-mech-game-with-no-identity-and-200-plus-pages-dryer-than-a-textbook. Wink wink.

It's best for anyone to follow that advice. Being honest would be "I'm not part of the team, but I'm hoping to promote discussion of it and recognize their has been an issue with how the game was presented, and wish to remedy the situation. I will avoid making sales pitches, and hopefully can encourage other people to do the same. This game is flawed, unfinished, and not really that great with a lot of conflicting themes and ideas that need to be ironed out, but I still would like to discuss this game because I'd like to help out the people developing it."

Please for the love of god someone tell these clowns to set a unit of measurement for what a "space" is. It is extremely important for understanding conflict scale, yet is completely omitted as far as I can tell.

Also, I really hope that dude isn't serious about the dyson shell thing because that shit doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the setting. Post-scarcity doesn't mean magic, and dyson shells kind of aren't a thing that's actually practical to build even if you can (swarms and rings probably are). If powering blink stations requires one they would have found an alternative to them, because the first one would simply never have been built.

There are some things I like about this game, but as it stands I'm probably going to end up with my own version of it that doesn't suck before the damn thing is finished.

>Yeah, sure. Okay. Whatever you say, Mr. I'm-interested-in-a-half-baked-mech-game-with-no-identity-and-200-plus-pages-dryer-than-a-textbook. Wink wink.

And this bullshit has completely fucked any attempt to talk about it. People are jumping at shill shaped shadows. Your example there is also the most dry pointless nonsense I've ever read. I'd be more suspicious of something that 'No guys, this game is shit and I'm totally not part of the team' than someone just saying 'X, what do you think of it'

>Please for the love of god someone tell these clowns to set a unit of measurement for what a "space" is.

Eh, I can see it working. The new L5R one doesn't really use concrete distances either (1 square: Sword, 2 square: Spear, 3 Square: Throwing, 4 Square: Bows.) and it seems ok, despite the fact that those do not remotely increase at a static rate. In a mech game that has ranged + melee trying to set exact distances mostly results in clusterfucks as if you make them small enough people get annoyed at spitgun ranges or if you make them big enough people find doing melee at all silly.

Skip the "I'm not part of the team" part then.

Part of me feels that you guys understand that this game really doesn't have anything all that interesting about it itself, which is why you started off by promoting it by its author's unrelated webcomic and hoping to stir up controversy.

Maybe work on actually developing the games identity first before coming here again? Maybe ask Abaddon to draw stuff that actually reflects the feel of the game? You've got an artist, use him.

>Maybe work on actually developing the games identity first before coming here again? Maybe ask Abaddon to draw stuff that actually reflects the feel of the game? You've got an artist, use him.

I don't have squat. This is going back to 'Literally everyone who wants to talk about it is a shill and will be treated as such'. I'm just someone who likes crunchier mechs so a system where you build up your legomech appeals to me (I also play Battletech but it's a slower, more complex game that's generally more focused on a lance rather than individuals)

It's useful as a metric for tweaking combat for a variety of reasons, also as a descriptive tool, because I can describe the environment and encounters in a way that that makes use of more concrete information.

There is literally no reason not to add a single sentence that says "Range X is equivalent to Unit Y." Doing so would require zero effort on the part of the developers (assuming they actually have an idea), and would be extremely helpful.

The way L5R does it is irrelevant because none of the combat really takes place at ranges beyond normal human perception. Most people also know roughly the range of a sword, spear, how far most people can throw, and how far an archer can accurately hit a target with line of sight. This scale doesn't need concrete ranges because it is so small.

Lancer is different. There are giant robots, tanks, units of infantry being the standard rather than individuals, fucking giant guns, laser, railguns, missiles and all kinds of more spatially complex shit than hitting some samurai with a spear.

It would avoid the problem of:
>"The enemy mech is 40 spaces away, behind some trees."
>"Well, I know my railgun can hit it, but how far away is 40 spaces?"
>"I have no idea."

Likely, teams with capital behind them would find themselves based on a small part-carrier ship. I imagine it'd have a few bays for printing vehicles as needed, from all sizes of mechs to starfighters to dropships to dune buggies. Plus whatever research/crafting bays would suit their backgrounds.

Teams with less capital or pull behind them, usually newbies, would probably have to deal with what's on hand, requisitioning local printers, which can sometimes be rundown.

Then there's plenty of already published, crunchy mech games for you to explore that are discussed in our occasional mech threads, written by people who actually understand things like engineering or have a breadth of knowledge in the mecha genre. Or, at the very least, are made by experienced and successful game designers who actually understand how to make a game.

Actually, if you are part of the team, I'd recommend it more fervently that you actually go and take a look at those games, because Lancer definitely suffers from some painfully amateur designs that came from someone who didn't even bother to do the baseline research into what's actually a pretty large market of games. I wouldn't be surprised if he only went as far as to take the heat system from Battletech and distort it.

But, don't let me just keep listing the reasons why it's hard for people to take anyone singing this games praises seriously. If you want to discuss this game, I've already given my advice that you seem oddly resistant to.

>But, don't let me just keep listing the reasons why it's hard for people to take anyone singing this games praises seriously. If you want to discuss this game, I've already given my advice that you seem oddly resistant to.

I'm not singing it's praises. I said 'It appeals to me'. I'm interested to see how it develops/discuss changes. Why are you actually in this thread if it's just to tell people 'You are a shill/go play something else'? I mean, we have threads about games as badly designed as that pokemon tabletop adventures, eclipse phase and pathfinder but people don't spent them going 'Go play something else'. You could just...not engage with these threads if you don't like it.

>Actually, if you are part of the team, I'd recommend it more fervently that you actually go and take a look at those games, because Lancer definitely suffers from some painfully amateur designs that came from someone who didn't even bother to do the baseline research into what's actually a pretty large market of games. I wouldn't be surprised if he only went as far as to take the heat system from Battletech and distort it.

Are you a broken record? Or just that determined to call everyone trying to talk about a game part of the team?

Look, you seem to be trying really hard here.
I've given you my advice. You want to keep pretending that there's no problem and that the best way to fix it is to keep making it worse.

Good luck with that.

>Then there's plenty of already published, crunchy mech games for you to explore that are discussed in our occasional mech threads
Name one that isn't either balls or GURPS.

Okay shills, sell me on your game. What exactly makes it so amazing and unique and innovative that it warrants it's own general?

Doesn't need to when you've got a dedicated internet defense force. Just look at the first thread and how OP was a personal friend of Abbyboi personally invested in the success of his game

Nobody who actually likes the game is arguing it needs a general thread. And this thread is too fucked up to really have any worthwhile discussion.

And yet you fags make one every few days to shill the unfinished game

If you've been following the threads, then you know exactly who has been making them, and that it isn't anyone with positive feelings for the system.

Pretty much every mecha system is a dead one; published late 80s or mid-late 90s and as far as I can tell there hasn't been anything like a notable successor. GURPS seems to be the best for it, but it's GURPS and it's by nature a catch-all for genre and system.

I think part of the reason older mecha games don't have much going for them is that how we view future technology has changed a good deal. Most future visions of the past couldn't envision an internet, the ubiquity of unmanned drones, and the fact that nearly everyone would be carrying around multi-purpose computers as part of a standard kit.

Shadowrun's new edition is an example of an update like this, where they took Shadowrun's 80's cyberpunk aesthetic and modernized it, incorporating these new elements and giving us a much more contemporary view of the future. If older mecha games could do the same, they might stand a chance today, but as older systems based on the classic mecha genre they're probably not going to get a rewrite.

In the hopes of diverting this thread from endless bickering about trolls and shills, how about we actually talk about the system?

Here's a character I made using the latest update!

Pilot Name: Xavier Wilson
Background: Pirate
Fields: Intimidation, Starships (piloting, weapons, maintenance), Weapons (military, melee, archaic, personalized)
Traits: Charismatic, Resilient, Reckless
Licenses: GMS
Talents: Executioner 1, Lancer 1, Skirmisher 1
Personal Gear: Wilderness Survival Kit, Sleeping Bag, Sound System
Pilot Weapon: Customized 20mm Auto-Grenade Launcher (Ranged Kinetic)

GMS ANNAPURNA
Hull 11
Agility 10
Systems 9
Engineering 10

Aim 0
Armor 1

Melee +1
Ranged +0
Scan -1
Invasion -1
Stabilize +0

HP 13
Evasion 10
EDefense 9
Speed 5
Sensors 9

EP 8/IP 5

Weapons:
GMS Type I MC-HB, Heavy Melee (Sword), Reach, Damage:2d6 (-4 EP)
Integrated GMS Type I MC-P, Auxiliary QCB (Pistol), Range 10, Damage:1d3 (-1 EP, -1 IP)

Systems:
GMS Shield Type-I (-2 IP)
GMS Modular Ceramo/Ferrous Plated Armor (-1 EP, -2 IP)
Personalizations (External Music System, Armor Spikes, Floodlights) (-1 EP)
Custom Paint Job (Flaming Skulls) (-1 EP)

Former pirate going for a bit of a sword-and-board melee mech? Seems like a neat build for a pilot right out of the gate, a very aggressive setup. Also a pretty heavy punk flavor that I'm feeling which compliments the mechanics well.

I'd be worried the mech might not hold up without some more room for the enhancements you get with licenses, but I guess that's a matter of encounters rather than equipment for beginners. What's you plan for expanding on it? Any mech chassis that you have your eye on for such a build?

>Former pirate going for a bit of a sword-and-board melee mech?
Two-handed sword and energy shield, yeah.

>What's you plan for expanding on it? Any mech chassis that you have your eye on for such a build?
First the IPS Raleigh for improved versions of its weapons (Hand Cannon and Kinetic Hammer), and picking up Technophile 1 at level 3 so that he can put an Uncle AI on his hammer to get another free attack with it each turn, and then go for the other IPS-Northstar licences to pick up things like Shock Armor from the Vlad, the shields from the Drake, and the Kali AI from the Blackbeard.

Where the .pdf at, yo?

Thanks, man.

>If a troll actually hated this game, he'd just want it to disappear from this board, not make threads about it.
I don't think you know what a troll is

Veeky Forums is like a Fantasy Tavern made into a Veeky Forums board.

"Oh gee guys, this looks really goo-"
"ARGHHHAHAHAH! FUCK OFF OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR LIMPDICK SCRIPTURE, SHIT EATER! BRUTUS? SHOW HIM THE DOOR!"

It's probably because this doesn't actually look anything close to "really good." Even calling it mediocre is being pretty generous.

Precisely. It's hilarious.

It looks pretty decent to me. The second part of the adventure could probably use some revising, and it could arguably use a bit more mech customization for starting characters, though this revision of the rules helped address that a bit by adding a few more weapons to the starting weapon list.

Have you considered that people other than you have differing likes and interests than you do. i for one like looking at new things and like sci fi stuff, so when a new thing thats sci fi comes along i become interested.

Hell half the reason i come here is to see whats new, god knows this place isnt good for much outside the pdf thread.

Is there a way we can talk about the game? Metaposting is cancer

Another build! This time for a more mechanically-inclined character, with a mech that focuses on sensors and electronic warfare, with some big guns for use one they lock on.

Also gave them some grapplers on the mech to help her with field salvaging enemy mechs and to give them a bit more of an edge up close.

Pilot Name: Rosalita Reed
Background: Mechanic
Fields: Mechanics (starship, space, terrestrial), Electronics (Invention, Improvisation), Information Systems
Traits: Friendly, Worldly, Deceptive
Licenses: GMS
Talents: Grease Monkey 1, Scrapper 1, Technophile 1
Personal Gear: Personal Drone, Handheld Printer, Reactive Clothing, Reactive Makeup, Mag-Clamps, Omnihook
Pilot Weapon: Plasma Sword (Energy Melee)

GMS LHOTSE
Hull 10
Agility 10
Systems 11
Engineering 9

Aim 0
Armor 1

Melee 0
Ranged +0
Scan +1
Invasion +1
Stabilize -1

HP 12
Evasion 10
EDefense 11
Speed 5
Sensors 11

EP 8/IP 5

Weapons:
GMS Type I 20mm Hardpoint Anti-Material Rifle, Heavy Rifle, Range 30, Damage:2d6+2, Loading, Ordnance (-3 EP)
Integrated GMS Type I MC-RPG, Main Launcher, Range 15, Blast 2, Damage:1d6+1, Loading (-2 EP, -1 IP)
Integrated Looted Weapon, Limited 1d6 (-0 EP, -0 IP)

Systems:
Companion/Concierge-Class Dummy Plug (-0 IP)
GMS Modular Ceramo/Ferrous Plated Armor (-1 EP, -2 IP)
GMS PanOpticon Drone Nexus (-2 IP)
Personalizations (Camouflage Paint, Holo-symbol Projectors, Ablative Armor Patches) (-1 EP)
Grapplers (-1 EP)

Post builds, maybe? Or talk about the new things, like the new chapter of the adventure.

I liked the new backstory for the planet and its wars that they gave, but the outline of what exactly the PCs are supposed to on the actual adventure seems a little vague.

Seems like they're fixers for vaguely Union-aligned entities, be they governments, militaries, or corporations. Problems happen, like insurrections, terrorism, space piracy, hackers getting uppity, and whatever else, and the PCs have to step in and solve it with mech fighting.

I would like more examples, but Module 0 at least demonstrates that they're cleaning up anti-Union humans that are threatening a fledgeling Union colony.

Yeah that's the first chapter of that adventure. There's also a second one now, where the PCs are mostly fighting robot minions of an insane AI, but the details of what exactly the encounters that the PCs are dealing with are a little vague.

The second one has a lot more depth to it. Instead of just fighting off constant attacks, they have a bunch of side missions to attend to, plus some greater threats. It also turns the Hercynians from the generic badguy to potential allies that have just severely misread the situation.

Although I suspect that the raiders themselves were not nice people to begin with, as they were shooting civilians and leaving their bodies to be found by the colonists. Still, a crazy, genocidal AI might take some precedence over colonial animosity.