KDM Kingdom Death General

You can totally preorder the game right now, y’know?

Anyone got a painted Core game finished?

Previous Thread Man, I have a 1.0 Core game, and I only got around to painting the white lion and screaming antelope. I have the others primed, and have the King's Man as a WIP, but I'm never pleased with how my paint projects turn out, so those will never see the light of the internet if I can help it.

Which app you use?

So of the models that were based off of 'traditional' game character roles, which ones do you like the most? Mine's the Ranger. Interesting design, neat story, super cool imo.

The ones I own.
>Fighter
Regen and badassness.
>Cleric
Half metal super mutant.
>Mage
Odor Magic and soul stealer.

I've seen the art but never heard the background info for the cleric. What's its deal?

Reading the lore of each monster in the core set.
It appears as though most of these monsters are unique.

The Screaming Antelope, for example, was a monster trained by the Hand to be a steed for the Goblin until bad stuff happened.

How does hunting monsters more than once a possibility as far as fluff is concerned?

It's kind of killing my fluffboner and really hoping someone has some bullshit canon lore reason as to why the monsters can be hunted ad infinitum.

Some Entity saw what happened and made it a proper propagating species to insult the Hand.

The "gods" of KD:M are nothing if not tenacious -- it's not impossible that the Goblin had/has an entire stable full of those things.

Really, it's just the Legendary Quarries/Nemeses that your question really applies to, and they have good reasons why they appear only once/more than once.

>How does hunting monsters more than once a possibility as far as fluff is concerned?

I believe many of them are the original monsters and/or multiple variations were produced. After numerous failed experiments they give up, but now we have screaming antelopes running around the world. The 'original' versions (or their equivalent) are probably the legendary fights.

>Reading the lore of each monster in the core set.
>It appears as though most of these monsters are unique.
[spoilers]Those are the stories about the monsters told by the white speakers, silly.[/spoilers]

Credit card got charged today, how much of a wait am I in for? I just have the update pack.

If we fight another antelope before it gets in I'm going to houserule that damn hunt event to the new one.

So far it seems to look like between 3 days to a week and a half. It depends on how close you are to the distribution point, if you get "flown past" by smart post (which causes delays), or if it's coming from Kentucky (Poots stated the local FedEx doesn't have the truck capacity to get everything getting shipped out of there every day). I just got charged today and am hopeful since I thought it was stated Ann Arbor was a distro point, if notI'm getting KY fucked.

I can't really remember. She touches a pool that gives her the armour arm and black bodysuit? Or something?

>It's kind of killing my fluffboner and really hoping someone has some bullshit canon lore reason as to why the monsters can be hunted ad infinitum.
With your antelope example multiple steeds could have been trained. Besides that's just a Legend and the history of KD is not to be trusted.

Lions obviously have something going on.
Sunstalker; there could be many suns across the plain of faces.
Kings Men aren't unique at all.
Kings Hand replaces the dude who kills him so obviously that makes sense.
Watchers live in every lantern hoard, and there must be a few of those.
Phoenix seems like just another monster.
Gorm have migrations and all that. Not unique.
Dragon seems pretty Unique.
Lion Knight doesn't die. So that's easy.
Flower Knight doesn't seem unique same with spider. They're just denizens of the woods.
Same with DBK, just a beetle that ate Phoenix poo. I imagine there's lots of them around.
Slenderman kinda unique.
Manhunter is hinted at being "built" or "made" so he's not super unique either.

Thief

Maybe she is a frantic Savior's painting come to life. Or perhaps she comes from a small village at the center of a rainbow-hued swamp that absorbs the life of its inhabitants for generations before it awakes and paints a tapestry across the horizon. She could also be a renegade from a far developed Sun Stalker settlement. One day we'll set the record straight.

The Necromancer being just the hand held by one of its "summoned doing its bidding" is kind of amusing

I kind of hope KD- Labyrinth comes with plastics of the heroic classes as its survivor figures.

Dragon King IS unique, but the dragon form is like a suit of bioarmor, and when you "kill" it, he just rips himself out of it, strolls off to do more Dragon King shit, and leaves the blown out carcass for you to deal with.

>5 critical wounds in first fight
>no deaths
I'm going to enjoy it while I can

You mean the prologue fight? That's quite a few critical wounds, mate.

Yeah, that lion is my bitch (until tomorrow night anyways)

Holy crap, were you just rolling horribly or what?

Haven't been keeping up, did the revamped gryphon ever get shown? I think I remember someone saying its appearance was being redone?

Don't want to sound like a downer, friend, but with your luck, your first real lion fight will wind up having Enrage and Ground Fighting. Be sure to build a set of bone darts to be safe (but not more than that, because they aren't very good otherwise).

I mean, they're also pretty great against a certain friendo who shows up to town.

Wave 4 of the KS. About all of the rando monsters are becoming expantions. Relooking at the KS page it is stated that they are looking at redesigning the griffin before plastic production.

I'm a bit confused. I see pic's of opened deliveries but see two pictures. One is of the classic black box with the watcher on it. The other is a box with the art from the begining scenario (white lion awakening) on it. Is one the US release and the othe the foreign release? Not sure in the end.

Yeah, but the mountain man was already in the works for getting touched-up for the expansion, even though that's a ways off still.

Got my core and update in 3 days after charge.

The beginning scenario art is on the bottom of the box, top is the normal black watcher.

Bottom of the box my friendo.

It was at GenCon in the booth. Not much different, but the tail was less openly penile. I didn't take a pic of it, but someone who visited may have if you scrub the internet.

At what point should you start hunting level 2 monsters in KDM? I'm still hunting level 1s trying to get everyone equipped with at least rawhide and a gorm/lion weapon each

Once you have Dash and Surge.

Are they generally reducing the sex imagery, or was it just for that monster?

Honestly I think the tail was just a little too derpy for even Poots to swallow. Plus they've got to edit a model somewhat when taking the transition from resin to plastic, so might as well improve anything else that bugged Poots in the process.

Never ... whenever we fight a LV 2 anything it just wrecks us. The extra attack and damage is dumb

>The extra attack and damage is dumb
You're not gonna make it, bro. You need to learn how to take advantage of each monster's quirks.

Nah .... there were 2 articles written by SJW cunts that failed in doing whatever the fuck they wanted done. Adult things in an adult game! Shocking ! 2nd Kickstarter has ooodles of pin-ups, would be nice if some day we get all the pinup art and maybe some concept art in a real nice coffee table book

>dae essjaydubstyles in a game that needed to be prodded to have sexy, manly men
>dae people can't dislike sexual imagery, regardless of theme
>dae some whimmen made fun of blatantly sexual imagery once

Tail is better off as just a grumpy old man face, to be honest.

I'm going to believe that it stares angrily at its thralls while they're working and constantly complains about how mind-controlled slaves back in the day were so much better and would already have finished its nest by now.

I do , rest of my group doesn't. There is an aspect of character building that they just don't get

Are you talking about the bitch media article written like 3 years ago by that person who ended up being a straw man that was a sock puppet for /pol/?

Other than that, most SJWs dont actually care about this game. Even in these threads it’s just DND and 40k nerds excited to have someone they perceive as “below” them in the social totem pole that THEY get to bully, instead of the ones being bullied for once.

If you wanna beat the game you're gonna have to level up and tackle those creatures eventually.

Also, the old man survivor is probably my favorite single one in the whole box. Dude is a badass.

Does anyone have build instructions for the young survivor (labelled "Survivor #7" in the box)?

It's unlikely to exist yet, considering she's a brand new model. Pretty rough to assemble, too. My suggestion is to do the legs first, then wrap the skirt around from the front to the back clockwise, then put the head on and do the hair clockwise (the wavy bit should be the first piece of hair). Save the arm with the whip for last, and do that with the base at the same time.

POST TITS

Yea she looks like a nightmare. At least the old man is easy to do, she's just a nightmare of tiny pieces.

As says, take the main body, insert the left leg into that little wedge and get it so it fits cleanly. Then add the first skirt piece on that side, then the right leg, then complete the skirt. Assemble the lantern before you put it on her arm. Then get the whip situated and glued. Finally, get her head on her neck and make sure the hair strand in keyed to the gap on her chest. Then put the hair pieces together, and slide it into place over her head.

She's not complicated, but the parts are so fiddly that it's hard to line things up for gluing. And this is coming from someone with long, skeletal fingers, and decent dexterity. I hate to imagine how my sausage-fingered friend must be doing with his copy.

Shipping fees have been processed for me here in germany.
Core game soon fellow euro fags.

Hopefully next week ;_;

I always think that the Antelope trained by the Hand was the original one and every oter Antelop is just an offspring of it.
There are more than just one Screaming Antelope as of now, shown by the Hunt Events and all (Stampede).

>Really, it's just the Nemeses that your question really applies to
I can make out answers for all Nemeses, except the Butcher, because it always seems like he is getting killed. Are there just that many Forsakers which turn into Buchers, is it such a common thing?

Butchers are just super survivors aren't they?

Finally got charged for shipping from Backerkit last night, hopefully the EU packages arrive at the warehouse soon.

They are a "special kind" of Forsaker, so basically ye.

Butchers are what happens when a Forsaker goes over the edge, and goes even more insane than a Forsaker already was.
They possibly started out as Survivors at one point, but they left that behind when they became Forsakers.

Shipping was collected for me, here in Poland, week ago. Nothing happened so far, so dont hope for too much.

Same for me yesterday.
I wonder if we get a package number this time around.
Last time I had my pre-order of 1.0 for a week and some days already before I got the mail.

Yeah , although I never heard the 2nd part and actually dont believe it

The other is the newer Shut up and Sit down video review of it

Its all good though, if those types of people think im some kind of pseudo-rapist for liking tits they probably arent the type of people I want to spend any time with anyway

>tfw I'm painting this pin up right now

I mean, I've only got the base coat of skin, a few early metal highlights and black primer for all her chains in place, but what a coincidence.

I'm shit at painting, but we all gotta start somewhere right?

Are doing that only to spite me?

Fucking assemble your minis before you paint them. Or at least, get them off the sprue and take care of moldlines and gaps.

>I'm shit at painting, but we all gotta start somewhere right?

We do, but you might want to consider partially assembling your minis ahead of time. You won't have to deal with potentially clipping off your paint and/or primer when removing them from the sprue. Keep at it though user.

Senpai, you're reading about the legendary monsters, not the monsters themselves

Sorry user. I'm still fairly new to modelling/painting. I like painting base coats on the spur, then assembling the model and touching it up after. But you're right, I should invest in some green stuff for the gaps/mold lines. I make no qualms about being good at this, I'm still learning.

The Shut Up and Sit Down review was such garbage. Why did you have to remind me it existed?

The basics.

Cut out and put in sub-assemblies. Usually for 40k infantry I leave the arms and head off. Up to you.

2. Get some green stuff or liquid green stuff and fill in any gaps.

3. Use a sharp knife to remove mild lines. Or a very fine file.

4. If any green stuff needs to be smoothed out and filed down do so. Be very careful.

5. Spray paint with a base coat. Make sure it’s a miniature spray paint. These can usually be found in hobby stores or online. For 40k I use Chaos black as an example but there is cheaper stuff out there.

6. Paint to your hearts content.

7. Assemble and enjoy.

Oh sweet. Thanks a bunch for this user, it's really helpful.

Regarding the spray paint step, make sure it is a primer and not just any spray paint.
Also, KDM minis tend to have brighter colors so I'd recommend to use a gray/white primer instead of black (that's also depending on what color scheme you decide to go with).
When you finish everything and you feel like you are satisfied with the paintjob spray the miniature with varnish so the paintjob won't chip away.

i dont think it actually matters that much if its a primer or not.

Add a second sweep for nubs, marks, and points to fill with green stuff after you undercoat. A lot of the time they stand out more especially those little mold lines and it's better to catch them and just spray again.

Which is another reason to get your spray techniquru good so you do thin enough coats to be able to do that.

Step 0. Get a cheap-o plastic minis (even toy soldiers would do) and practice on that.

I'm trying to think of the cheapest plastic sprues you can get to really get a proper experience cutting out fiddly bits.

Probably perry infantry sprues? You can buy one of those for ten odd dollars and it even makes a couple guys.

Even cheaper.
Literally $2.

You can dislike one aspect of a thing and still appreciate it. I love KDM's gameplay and the horror aesthetics. I'm not too fond of the cheesecake, but it's pretty optional and they've actually tried to balance it with a bit of beefcake this time around. I've had friends ride off my order, for pinups (both kinds) only. I think it's pretty okay, in game proper males and females aren't presented much differently from each other and they're pretty equal in misery.

The disturbing imagery is not everybody's cup of tea, but as long as a/The sexy bits are optional and b/They're not too one-sided, I don't think the game can be called offensive in that regard.

explain?

Has Poots mentioned anywhere how popular the male pinups were? I remember he was originally worried they wouldn’t sell as well.

I haven't heard anything but to me the fat hetro gamers go after the female cheesecake, while the male homo gamers probably go after the male. My FLGS has at least 5 male homo landwales that hang out there.

I personally want to collect all the models ever produced by poots, so I'm buying them too, but I'm a rare case.

I doubt you're as "rare" as you think.
Plenty of people collect all of Poots' stuff.

The overwhelming majority is here just for the game though.

Probably true, but don't underestimate the number of collectors. Perhaps not here on Veeky Forums, but in the KS comments the active people are for the most part collectors, most were also part of KS1.

why the fuck are they fat if they are gay. if they got in shape it would be so easy for them to fuck really attractive males.

its insane how different it is compared to picking up girls.

For those playing 1.5, how do the changes to PotL feel? Is the early-game gear impactful enough to feel worth it? How are the new Saviors in practice?

Modern family influence.

Hey user, I REALLY wanted to thank you for all the tips you've given me. After considering your advice, and watching a few beginners tutorials on Youtube, Looking at my model, I TOTALLY fucked up. I'm bringing her back to square 1. I'm gonna assemble her tonight, buy some green stuff on my day off to fill in the gaps and such, buy some under coat and spray her black and start from scratch. Luckily, the few coats I've put on were thin, so the damage shouldn't be too hard to fix. I honestly can't thank you enough man. Thank you so much. Hopefully the next time I post her she'll be in a much better state.

THEY DONT EVEN NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT. JUST GAIN SOME MUSCLE.
theres plenty of gays into that

Was it ever confirmed that both the lion and pheonix also increased their rewards for level 2 and 3 hunts, or is it just the antelope? I saw in a previous thread someone pointed out that Poots had said it's supposed to be for all 3, but the book doesn't say, so I just wanted to make sure whether or not that was a typo.

Think I read somewhere that ALL hunts have their rewards boosted. Now it's like 5 basic/7 specific for lv.2, 6 basic/10 specific/2 vermin for lv.3 or something similar.

Apparently canacucks like myself got fedex shipping numbers, had them cancelled, and are now getting stealth deliveries via canada post.

USPS tells me "In Transit, Delayed". I'm so paranoid right now since folks are still stealing mail here in Puerto Rico and the local post office phone is still down.

Nothing for it but to hope, pray, and hold those Lucky Charms close.

Holy shit, another fa/tg/uy in PR? Please tell me you're in the San Juan area, I've been dying to try out a physical copy of the game for like a year.

I'm in mayaguez for the time being, thanks to Maria, but I'll be back at my home in Hato Rey before next Friday.

Green Stuff should take the paint straight off if you soak the parts in it for an hour or two, undiluted.

Good luck. Painting is hard work, but can be a lot of fun when you get in the zone.

Simple Green, not green stuff.

So besides virtual table top is there a place where I can read the rules for KoD myself?

Right. Shit, it's been a long week.

The pdf share thread might have the 1.0 rule book to browse through.

I don’t know wha those anons were talking about. It wasn’t a 10/10 but it was a pretty blunt and fair review. Basic summary:

“Kingdom Death costs $400 dollars. If you are hesitant to spend that money, please avoid it. If you are still considering it, this is THE GAME to drop that kind of money on, because it is a game that is WORTH $400. It justifies that price point, but you still have to be willing to drop that much on a board game. Be warned though the game is of the “tits and horror” genre like most modern slashers, which is its whole can of worms, but it’s definately not safe for work. And it’s not just a couple things on the side, it is very blatant and in your face about it. WE think it detracts from the game a bit, because it cheapens the horror of it, but it’s a known part of the genre. The game also has a similar issue with how it handles humor at very odd times. We aren’t quite sure what tone it’s going for.”

It wasn’t a negative review, people just have a knee jerk reaction any time the sexuality in Kingdom Death gets brought up. But SUSD aren’t wrong honestly. The tone in Kingdom Death switches from risqué, to horrifying, to silly, and it does it very frequently. I can see why some people would have their immersion broken by that.

The review did also had a moment where they talked about how there was only 1 board, and next to no terrain, but that it works really well for this game because of how you have to learn each monster each time you fight it. The monster AI deck fills the role of planning around and altering each fight in the way that terrain would in most other games, and it’s hit locations form hazards you have to avoid and carefully navigate.

What's the difference between the two sides of the final lantern? Am I just being blind and missing something obvious?

Are those serparate boobs?

What an odd choice.

Well it's certainly a stuff which is green :)