Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Veeky Forums edition

>New Alaitoc Attribute
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=jjZLVBtkpzQ

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=bOT-PTzfFIA&t=602s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blood Angels are cool

First for sniping Commissars with autarch fusion/launcher spam

Play any fun games today or have any planned? I played a game with open play cards, weird deployment but the objective was to destroy 3 objectives in the opponents deployment zone, combined with bonus points for units killed. I ended up only losing a venom and 4 kabalite before nearing tabling him and destroying all the objectives. Was pretty fun. Dark eldar are great fun to play.

Eldar Points changes

30 units have had points changes, all have gone down
17 ranged weapons have had points changes going down, 2 up
9 melee weapons have had points changes going down

Titanic Ghostglaive: -35 points
Dire Avengers: -2 points
Banshees: -3
Striking Scorpians: -4
Warp Spiders: -4
Crimson Hunters: -23
Crimson Hunter Exarch: -48
Falcon: -49
Farseer Skyrunner: -24
Nightspinner: -20
Spiritseer: -22
Vaul Support Battery: -47
Eldrad: -30
Baharroth: -10
Karandras: -18
Maugan Ra: -19
War Walkers: -11
Vipers: -14

Avenger Skurikan Catapult: -2
D-Cannon: -5
Scorpian's Claw: -8
Singing Spear: -8
Star Cannon: -15
Twin-Scatter Laser: -13
Twin-Shurikan Cannons: -7
Twin-Star Cannon: -32

Man, just by comparing voicework you can tell DoW 3 is a fart in comparison to its predecessors.

DoW3 is the biggest insult I can think of in recent years. You could just Fucking tell that they really thought they could pull one over on us and Jew us like that. I could practically hear the hand rubbing in the first reveal trailer. I'm so glad it blew up in their faces

Is is just bad instead of so bad it's good like DoW 1?

No it is just bland and boring, unfortunately.

Lost to AdMech on tactical objectives on Wednesday. He plans on bringing his Eldar next week...oh boy.

Andromeda is a bigger insult desu.

Reposting.
So Chimera or Taurox for getting dudes safely into combat? I've never considered Taurox before, preferring the fire support, but Ogryn and now Crusaders have grown on me and I'm thinking of better ways to deploy them.

If you don't even know what to do with the voicework for a 40k game, you shouldn't be doing a 40k game

your guard look bootiful user

Chimera won't die as fast, slap either two heavy bolters or heavy bolter and twin heavy bolter on it and have fun (those las arrays can do some work). Heavy Flamer is okay on the turret but bolter is better, plus then you can throw on a heavy stubber or stormbolter and have all the dakka to offset their payload's melee.

Taurox is better hands down at just about everything. It's a little softer, but not much, and it's faster, cheaper, and has better guns. Taurox Prime is even better. Chimeras kind of suck, and that's coming from a Steel Legion player. Only reason to take them over a taurox is fluff, aesthetics, or if the extra 2 capacity gets you another Ogryn or something.

>Star cannon affordable again

VERY NICE

I'm honestly saddened that any opportunity to have a chance for a new way to kill the frailest characters in the game has to be celebrated, especially when said characters provide a retardedly good buff.

Hoping for a game tomarrow, though no one's responded on the store's forum. I really want to fight death guard in particular.

Not playing any games today. Guard was banned in my store, so I'm finally selling my minis and making that eldar army I always wanted. Gonna be doing a lot of assembling this weekend to get it ready.

So what is the best of 40k voice acting.

Is natural to hit roll of 6 an auto-hit? or can negative modifiers still affect the result?

3/10

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?

It's not, you can have automatic misses from modifiers.

Nope, you can in fact become immune to shooting. Especially against Orks.

Except against stuff that auto-hits of course.

>Guard was banned in my store
I love this meme

I was literally just listening to the GK in DoW1 and Lord Com in DoW 2 to get pumped to work on models

>Vaul Support Battery: -47
Holy shit, that's down from 77 to 70. That's insane.

Yeah, it's a little funny. I'm reminded of that community post in the release of 8th saying they redid morale to make it more useful, lmao

Honestly commies aren't that bad, only thing I'd like a change is if they could only do one unit at a time or had a chance of failing. That would work, or making snipers aside from the Skitarii one actually be effective

>Acquire -2 to hit through bs eldar shit
>Park unit in front of Orks

Top kek

It's a great meme given Eldar are cackling at becoming top tier.

>yfw you can field D cannons for 120 points each

Didn't rangers drop a bunch too?

What tier does all this land the Asurianii (or whatever the fuck they are called now) on?

At a glance it seems they aren't getting much better, maybe about the same as admech, below marines and way below guard still.

They'd be 80 points each, assuming the D-cannon stayed the same price.

What.....am I looking at here?

Anyone doing anything 40k related for Halloween?

>80 point d cannons

Oh shiiiiiii

So, uh
Fire Prisms got the Leman Russ's ability to shoot twice. Source: warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/
I have a game against Eldar next week. Should I be concerned?

It's about what they should cost, being 24" range and on a t5 w4 4+ save platform.

I've run Crusaders and Bullgryn every game of 8th and I must say, Chimeras with 2 Heavy Flamers is consistently a useful way to use them. Obviously, I couldn't run Crusaders in Chimeras until the Codex, but I used Immolators before and that worked quite nice. Taurox is a decent idea, but the benefit for using a Chimera is that you can run 10 Crusaders with a Psyker and Priest and 4 Bullgryn instead of 3. Another thing to note is that taking 3 Bullgryn/Ogryn with an Ogryn bodyguard is also a nice way to run them in a Chimera.

As for the Chimera's guns, you can run double Heavy Bolter, or Heavy Bolter and Heavy Flamer as well. Those are okay, but double Heavy Flamer has given me by far better results. I personally think that Chimeras should be moving around constantly, especially if you fill them up with melee units like Crusaders or Bullgryn. Once they dump their payload, Chimeras should be eating Overwatch for your melee squad by charging in first, they should be burning things, grabbing objectives and being a pain in the ass for anyone to assault. 2D6 auto hits in Overwatch is fierce. Not to mention even when it's on 1-2 wounds, gimping around, it's still hitting at full damage in the shooting phase. Keeping a Chimera still so it can fire 1-2 Heavy Bolters is a big waste and having it move around hitting on 5+ and 6+ after a little bit of damage is a huge waste of potential in my experience.

Valkyries, especially with their point reductions, are another great way to transport Bullgryn and Crusaders. Probably the best way to be honest because you can move 20 inches, disembark 3, move 6 and then charge. That's an insane threat range and can definitely get you to the enemies lines turn 1. When you've dumped that kind of threat into someone's lines along with Scions you've given your long ranged guns free reign of the battlefield.

Looks like a poorly taken picture of Crusader conversions.

WHFB Chaos Warriors with Marine and Scion heads it looks like.

>Why not Valkyrie? Seems like the obvious way to get up close fast.

It makes them actually useful, so I guess so?

I fucking laugh at guard now. Once I shit all over the officers and commissars its game over. I was already winning games with a high degree of consistency with CW:E and the new book just makes us better.

The conversions look cool, get a non-shit picture and give a quick run down on bitz pls.

unless your game is next saturday you have nothing to worry about, if they try pulling that shit before call them out and ask where in the index that rule is.

It's just the most CONVENIANT way of keeping the conscripts in line, though. Among our other options:

>Valhallans Halving the Moral Casualties
>Valhallan Relic Pistol turns Commanders into Commissars
>Fight to the Death (1 CP)
>Mordian Base-touching (+1 Ld)
>Catachans in order range (+1 Ld)
>Sargent Kell
>Psychic Power: Mental Fortitude
And the Best one, because modeling opportunities!
>Ordo Prefectus Leman Russ (2cp)

I mean, the Commissar is still the best, but its not like an army that isn't prepared to loose its officers to sniper fire can't staunch the flow.

75 points, D-Cannon went down by 5

so 225 gives you a trio of D-Cannons in one slot

Yeah rangers are down 8 points to 12 ppm now as well. I'll update the list.

Thing didn't mention them in his first non-tapping review so I didn't put it in there.

Are faction traits killing Our Guy armies? Seems kind of WAACy if you bring an army and run it as whatever trait. I have my Orks painted as just a general warband and not in any specific Klan so when the codex drops I'm not sure which Klan I should pick.

>Wave Serpents can Deep Strike now, in groups of 3, as a stratagem

HELLO SIR WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FIRE DRAGONS

Well okay.
I'm glad he's only got one at least and that I play Guard

There's a 60 man tournament in Queensland next Saturday.

Not that it should matter since they've already said the cut-off date for allowable Codices was 15th October.

sounds like you will have 1 more chance to win against eldar then this edition.

Im going to drop in 3 serpents loaded with d scthe wraithguard and suporting characters.

Finally, Eldar coming to me instead of flying around like faggots all game flying away from me.

Now that I can finally play Eldar without getting Lynched , what kind of units besides rangers would be fluffy for alaitoc to have?

Looking to get into Dark Eldar and the HQ all seem like garbage traps. Just seems like a tax on all your detachments. The Archon seems alright but everything else seems bad

What do you mean? That book is going to shit on dudes.

>my Wraithlords are basically the only unit in the codex that can't Deep Strike or move at sanic speeds

goddammit

>GK and CSM are the only Codexes released so far without any way in book to gain command points during the game
What did GW mean by this?

Could you give some source for that?

what is that, 36 melta guns behind my lines?

It's pretty much what
Said
Just chaos warriors with cleaned up bodies and less fur. Shaved down shields with actual power swords and whatever heads I can find plus various purity seals and bits. It's all Blu tac'd at the moment so I can play around with trimmings and poses.

I dont think youll say that when you get hit with a 30 man bansheestar.

>going straight in for the -3 to hit rangers

WAACfag detected.

It's because they lost all their named characters.

>Why learn to play when your designer is Phil Kelly

T8 though now, substantially tougher.

>That book is going to shit on dudes.

People were saying the same about IG, and yet so far you don't hear the amount of constant complaints and clamouring for nerfs like you had with 7th edition Tau, Eldar and fromation SM.

To 30, derp. 80 points for a D-Cannon. That's... something.

Sounds like a bunch of dead Banshees to me.

terrible commanders i guess. i mean abadon has had 13 failed crusades, and the grey knights boss thought it was a good idea to kill a bunch of sisters of battle and polish their armor with the blood, probably didnt inspire much loyalty, cause if an ally like sisters are so easily thrown away, how much more would it take for them to be discarded by the boss

youtube.com/watch?v=bOT-PTzfFIA&t=602s

Fucking named characters... Also seems dumb that it's like impossible to put squads and HQs in the same boat. I can do two 5 mans or a 10 man with Dark Lance in a raider. Or 9, no Lance and an archon. Maybe I'll put him in a venom with an entourage of bodyguards.

>chaos warriors and purity seals
triggered

>Eldar getting all these buffs

If Guard are tier 0 (which they may well not be, SoCal open this weekend will be the judge), then CWE will easily land tier 1. I could see them being as competitive as Ynnari. But even if the stratagems, traits and attributes aren't enough, Ynnari still get the same point decreases. They're gonna wreck shit, mark my words.

Cant overwatch banshees now m8 :^)

the Codex review was really ambiguous, but it SOUNDS like Warlock Buffs (Enhance, Empower, etc etc) are no longer AoE, and are instead just pick one thing. Empower is confirmed one thing at 18", and Enhance was buffed to 18", so I seriously doubt it's a giant AoE bubble.

So only 10 Banshees at a time get to jump down someone's throat with +1 to hit, +1 to wound, 3+ armor, and a 30" charge radius

could just do it to Wraithblades instead though.

Good luck m8.
Orktoberfest is shaping up to be mostly Guard at this point.

Yeah and I can make 15 for $40 instead of 2 for $15. Fite me

>that pic
>Guilliman, cawl and a daemon prince give you 1 point
>somehow killing a full unit of TH/SS assault terminators gives you 3
>gunning down some fucking conscripts or cultists gives you 7
Did FLG do this?

Don't really care about that. I intend to bash their skulls in with melee, which I've done many times.

It's one of the situations where power points would be useful.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chapter Approved had adjustments of comparable size for most factions. We've seen more and more points adjustments as the codexes have gone on.

So if Ballistic skill modifiers take you past a 6 to hit, do you just auto miss?

I ask because many games have it where a 6 always hits, or in Bolt Action's case, you roll a 6 and then need to confirm it with another 6 if you need a 7+ to hit.

Archon with a Blaster/Agonizer is an okay default. Succubus is good if you're taking Wych stuff she can hang with. Drazhar is good if you take a squad of nine Incubi.

Yeah my Orks have an uphill battle that's for sure.

That is correct, you auto miss.

Well let's see, the Fire Prism's AT shot:
2D3 shots =>4 Attacks =>2.67 Hits =>1.78 Wounds => 3.56 Wounds per turn.
Versus a Battle Cannon Commander (Catachan):
2D6 => 7 (8) shots =>3.5 (4) hits => 2.33 (2.66) wounds=>1.55 (1.77) unsaved=> About 3.1 (3.54) wounds.

So the Prism is slightly better than the battle cannon, BUT they can't take additional lascannons, plasma cannons, or machine guns. It's a pretty even fight. I'd put money on the Fire Prism, but who stacks the most buffs could swing things either way.

Now the Strategem: It's powerful, but using lower cost tanks instead of lords of war deminishes it's utility. To save on math, two Fire Prisms bouncing their shots will score about 16 wounds average. BUT, if the first Fire Prism kills the tank, then the second fire prism still has to shoot the dead husk because it already declared its target. Likewise, if the first Prism rolls low, then the player is forced to decide between adding a third fire prism to the CP, or trusting the second fire prism which CANNOT FIRE UNTIL THE END OF THE PHASE to kill the Russ. If it doesn't kill the Russ, then that's a wasted CP, as the techpriest heals the tank up and a little Jury Rigging boosts it's BS for a counterattack.

Killshot is honestly a better CP in my opinion because it turns Autocannon Predators into beasts at a fraction of the cost, and said predators don't have to focus fire and can instead target whatever they please.

>Yeah my Orks have an uphill battle that's for sure.
What are you taking?

in the rulebook, a 1 is an auto-fail, but a 6 is not an auto-success

so if you have 4+ to hit, and get forced to suck on a -3, then you literally cannot hit your target.

Given that these are shenanigans rivalling the 2++ Dreadknight, there's a solid chance of Errata telling Altaioc to stop being invisible

You can only do it to a single unit that's beyond 12". Strong we're not quite at game breaking level yet.

So invisible deathstars are back, got it.

I feel bad for Orks, at least my army has some ways to buff my accuracy up to where I can still hit some of the new Eldar stuff on 6's.

Granted I doubt the "invisible" stuff is really that crazy but it's still annoying.

I get the feeling this will be FAQ'd/Errata'd once the designers realize they made the Orks literally unplayable because of this.

>>eldar artillery batteries dropped like forty fucking points
Yowza

Conceal is an aura. You can hide a LOT of Rangers if you want.

Or you could just roll the rangers over with boyz.

Why not give Orks specifically an auto hit on 6 ability?