mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/muted-mulch/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wet-pine-straw/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragon-hive-1/
cardtitan.com/coverage2
mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?31803-Ruby-Storm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jaming u/w blade
B2b is fucking nuts

good luck my boyson

playing lands in legacy tomorrow

when do you pop wasteland vs dark depths + stage

let them copy the depths with the stage, then they sac the original depths, then with the new depths trigger on stack wasteland it.

i havnt played wasteland against lands but wouldn't any lands player know you're going to do this if he's staring at your wasteland from across the table?

or do people actually fuck up in the face of threats that easily?

sometimes they just jam it though because they are loaming every turn and have no other play, and you need to buy a turn or two with a wasteland to close out the game

I found this interesting card that is 2 mana entomb 3 spells with flashback so its basically draw 3. Im gonna build something around this.

Infect. No gsz 2 ponder.

Bout to take this whole thing down.

quiet speculation? The main issue you will probably run into is deathrite shaman exiling the best card you tutored for, which is just made worse by the card being a sorcery. Plus with how prevalent surgical extraction is right now, its probably not the best form of card advantage. I imagine its best in a shell with pyromancer/therapy, then you can throw in lingering souls and some bullets like deep analysis, crippling fatigue, or mystic retrieval

>Sorcery

Dropping a monster shit before I head to the tournament hall. Eternal Weekend hype

Sorceries can be good. Just look at Brainstorm.

user...
I know you meant ponder/preordain

twitch is live

What is some of the best draw/discard cards to get meek into graveyard? I already know thirst for knowledge but im looking for something else.

We know what he meant

Beat Czech pile in 2.

Dack is godly. What kind of shell are you thinking?

I'm going to try Burn, but I want to run Bomat Courier in the shell to see if I can't get any of that sweet, sweet card advantage off him. Probably a fool's errand, but eh.

something similar to old extended thopter depths where i plan to use 2 differend combos that need differend hate cards to get rid of so I have better chance of getting the combo going.

If you're going for that you might just want to try Reanimator Depths. Two of the most potent combos in Legacy plus you get to be mono black

I miss decks like Painter and Enchantress. Top ban killed Painter and it didnt do anything wrong.

I prefer mono-blue painter because it is a lot cheaper.

I really wanted to play scrying sheets but I guess that idea died after top was banned. Closest to top is mirri's guile but you cant draw with it sadly.

When will you be at stream?

>painter
Still waiting for a madman to play painter's servant + lifeforce/deathgrip

Actually bomat is sweet, seen it in u/r del, it's nuts

I felt like Miracles deserved a ban but banning Top killed Painter. I just miss old Legacy stuff like Painter, Enchantress, Goblins, High Tide, MUD, Reanimator (before Griselbrand homogenized the deck)
This new 4 color DRS meta sucks. Its just so boring. I guess the easiest way to say it is old Legacy was based so much more around synergy, decks like Goblins, Painter, and Enchantress were powerful due to the synergy of cards. Nowadays everythings based on power and power crushes synergy especially with Sideboard cards that attack synergy.
Im not sure when it changed but I miss it.

Lol probably never. I'm 2-1 now.

Play better then! Do it for Veeky Forums!

Well that didn't happen. 2-2. Gonna have to win out now to have a shot at anything.

Relax and dont tilt. Forget any bad plays and focus on the game.

ganbatte ddft-san

can u post your lists again pls
i need that spicy vintage shitbrew

>those white borders
>pic related
but the demonic tutor looks kickass; kinda reminds me of Freddie Mercury

Btw the spicy vintage shitbrew was abominable. 3-2 now. 2 of my teammates are 5-0 and 4-1 respectively so I'm hoping they go the distance we don't have to drive home tomorrow so I can play the 5k lol

That vintage deck holy shit

yeah yeah yeah go man go

Would love to see that white border abomination on stream and see the reactions.

I would too but unfortunately I'm 3-3. I've been doing the old win one/lose one all day.

i'm not at the event but will you sign my friend's doomsday

That seems weird.

Honestly I never got the hate for white boarders. They look nice to me. What's the problem others have?

Some of the cards he's using don't exist naturally as a white bordered print run.

Only fine art connoisseurs can appreciate the beauty of white borders. White border haters are uneducated barbarians.

I don't hate white borders. It's white border LEDs that hurt my soul.

How much worse is Crystal vein compared to City of traitors? Could certain situations make if preferable?

Just finished my first legacy tournament, and looking back at it, my main disappointment in my deck was how horribly inconsistent twelve post is, especially in a wasteland-heavy meta. So I'm looking for some alternate options for multiple colorless mana.

Maindeck needles.
It's worse, as in a straight up downgrade unless you plan to drop stupid amount of lands and need the burst for later.

Post list.

Currently considering:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/muted-mulch/
Initial brew (my first actual game of legacy was just a few hours ago, be gentle)
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wet-pine-straw/

>No crop rotation
>No candelabras
>No U or G
>No titans
I see your problem.

Oh for fuck's sake, the deck is obviously more MUD than actual cloudpost list, you should know better.

What did you lose most of the time? I would probably cut down some useless cards like baubles or torpor orb for stuff like trinisphere or coercive portal.

>Take semi consistent deck thanks to cantrips and land tutors and stupid mana generators in candelabra
>Replace it with chunks of the single most inconsistent pile ever created after otk memedecks
>WHY IS MY DECK INCONSISTENT?!
Dunno user, maybe you should do some research before asking dumb questions?

Dunno user, maybe you would like to go over my post again? That guys/gals list is pretty garbo, but it's not like MUD isn't very recognizable legacy deck.

Bump

What do you think of spell queller?

Guys should I convert all my Modern decks to Legacy? I feel like banlists are for fucking pussies. Is it a similar format?

Meh, I play both, what's your modern deck?

got pic related for like 10 minutes but she loaded eventually

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragon-hive-1/

Legacy has a banlist.

popeye stompy

Huh? What's this about "banning Top"? They'd never do something so stupid as banning Sensei's Divining Top just to appease whiny little fucking bitches with no money. Fuck whiny little bitches with no money, play Standard little whiny babies. Top ain't banned. Refuse to believe it. Poorfag bitches WAHHHHHH REPRINT MUH LOTUS MOXEN fucking faggots.

Legacy is a pussy fucking format now just like Vintage. Vintage they banned Brainstorm because of whiny little pussies who couldn't compete with Real Men and now apparently whiny little bitches got Legacy ruined by banning Top. Fuck whiny little bitches. Modern is exclusively whiny little bitches so it's shit anyway. Muh "EDH" is the only competitive format now apparently? But the whole point there is losing otherwise the whiny little bitches complain that their 50-turn tedious shit decks didn't get a chance to win since you comboed out on turn 4. WAHHHHHHHH. Fuck MtG going to take a dump on my NM Beta Power just to spite whiny little bitches.

top was always a crutch that shitters used to make up for their garbage play. You want library manipulation, play blue you crying fuck. Legacy is the only real format you can play 4x brainstorm, ponder, preordain and it feels fucking incredible

If you want to get absolutely raped, go ahead.
You will not have a fun time playing that dragons deck.

Were you referring to non-U Top builds?

It’s a pet deck for sure but I tried to get it “Meta” as possible. I just figured Legacy might give me access to better shit, but I guess it could also bring a bunch of broken shit my deck couldn’t deal with either way so fook me.

To play expensive things you need either Sol lands or Veteran Explorer.
Otherwise you'll be too slow.

In his defense, Brainstorm is practically a sorcery. Chances are, if you play it on your opponent's end step, you're playing it wrong.

I know what mud is you low IQ ape.
And I also happen to know MUD is an inconsistent shitpile.
Which 12 post isn't (as much) because it runs cantrips and tutors. Which he doesn't. Which is why he's losing as ofter as he is.

Could a token deck work? Lingering souls is pretty good.

You could play holy pox

I don't think the payoff for tokens is really worth it, you'll need a ton of hand disruption to beat SnT, Storm and Reanimator and tapping out for Intangible Virtue or something feels so bad when you have risk your opponent just doming you with the drills next turn

Since my thread is dying unnoticed, i'll ask here.
UB reanimator or tin-fins?
In terms of cost, flavor and winning.

mtg players hate white borders because they associate them with being low value since they're from reprints of core sets or like chronicles for example. inherently being low value in most mtg players is the same as being bad, and this association has made mtg players skew towards aesthetically judging them as ugly.

it's the same mechanic that makes mtg players think that the art of very strong and valuable cards is good. most of the good art is on pretty bad cards but everybody's favorite are on poewrful cards because this effect is so strong.

don't believe me? do what I did. ask lots and lots of non mtg players which they think looks better, showing them equivalent cards in white and black borders.

the majority of non mtg players prefer white borders. I've asked around 75. mtg players themselves overwhelmingly prefer black.

UB seems more sweet, but you"ll probably need 4 Pushes in addition to some number of Disfigures or Dismembers to beat DRS decks running wild.

Tin Fins is a bad deck. UB Reanimator is a good deck that is a bad meta call thanks to Deathrite everywhere.

Interesting.

I don't want white borders for similar reasons why I don't want a white phone: I don't expect to get exposed to excessive dirt, but if I do, I'd prefer my investments didn't visibly reflect it forever.

>M-my p-phone and c-car-cards are i-in-investment!!!
lol. You do good in investing in black tho.
t. Hedge fun manager

cardtitan.com/coverage2

Top eight list is up.
Brainstorm - 28/32
Force of Will - 28/32
Deathrite Shaman - 24/32
Ponder - 24/32
Delver of secrets - 20/32
Daze - 20/32

Yeah seems like a real healthy format to me.

Yep.

What are some good budget decks for legacy except for burn?

I don't ever intend to get money back for 'm, but I'll call it an investment if I spend money and intend to see usefulness equivalent or greater to what I spent.

mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?31803-Ruby-Storm

I have been watching this deck develop, it's pretty sweet if you like combo.

Not really a fan, prefer v clique, but it's not bad per say

UB would probably rather run Collective brutality.

Rack pox can be pretty cheep if you want a control deck.

Be advised that UB reanimator is a strong deck, but a poor choice in the current DRS-dominated meta.

UB is in a weird spot right now, with a lot of tension vis-a-vis the BR version. It's obvious that the UBg version is no longer the best version with Top-Counterbalance out of the equation, so I would personally advocate a return to pure UB, and to try and streamline that. You want maindeck answers to Deathrite, be it in the form of SnT to go over, or directly by incorporating Collective Brutality. The second option is significantly better in BR due to Black Ritual, but I'm not sure if UB wants the rituals, since we're usually fine with going a turn slower in exchange for more consistency.

Okay, so say I went to a local legacy tournament, never played legacy there before, and ran charbelcher. How far could I get before they catch on and crush me?

If you don't have enough mana in hand, or a win con in hand, you mull. If they have Force, you lose. If you don't have enough mana in hand, or a win con in hand, you lose. There's more to it, but before you learn the small intricacies of the deck, that's how it's gonna feel at least.

What is the next card that comes off banlist? Jar? Frantic search?

frantic search is banned? huh, never noticed.

Sensei's Divining Top

Wizards pls

Please. It should have been Terminus or Counterbalance.