What are some times you saw another player chimp out, justified or not

What are some times you saw another player chimp out, justified or not

>What are some times you saw another player chimp out, justified or not
We have one player who has a tendency to go full ape when someone gives him non-specific criticism. It has really hampered his games.

I think 'chimp out' is by definition a preposterous overreaction and by definition if it could be 'justifiable' it wouldn't be chimping out.

(insert 'why haven't you kicked him?' post with reaction image here)

>lazyness
'tis a horrible night to have a curse

>chimp
ooooh, why did I think the player skin color was implicitly black...

There's this one dude at our table. Bit of an autist I think but normally not too bad. Has a mild case of no_fun_allowed.

We've maintained a consistent group since just after leaving secondary school and for all that time we have had a recurring comedy character that our perma-DM, God bless him, likes to bring out every few sessions. Usually when out enthusiasm has eclipsed our common sense and we have dug ourselves into a problem that we can't run away from.

It's a supremely magical idiot midget. He has a wand of wishes jammed up his ass and works on "'Tard Magic" which is anything he wants because wand of wishes.

has a Pokémon can only say his own name vocabulary. Or at least we assume it's his name as how could anyone ask him and expect an answer? Occasionally he comes out with something else but it's rare and nonsensical.

In any case I know Stick In The Mud doesn't like the character but I always assumed that he could tolerate it. He has done for ~6 years so why the problem now?

In any case a few nights ago he had a sperg melt down screaming abuse at us for having badwrong fun with something so very childish.

"Comrade, please" I say "we are playing a game of pretend about elves and dorfs. You care about looking childish now?"

The autistic screeching intensified. Last night he sent an apology e-mail to DM.

I'm thinking of making him an apology card to hand over to the DM. A childish one with the macaroni decoration which as the idiot midget in question was named after that pasta will either be hilarious or trigger another chimp out.

Well at least he recognised he did something wrong and apologize, it gotta count for something right ?

I knew as soon as I read
>recurring comedy character

Thought you laid it on a little too thick but you got so I guess not.

The pasta's been upgraded. God help us all.

Oh that means I got bait doesn't it ? I'm feeling a bit ashamed.

No, no. Bait is just for trolling. This guys just having a laugh.
It's like you fell for a light-hearted April Fool's joke.

Oh well then that's alright I guess.

>GMing PPG Star Wars game
>Players have choice of going to a space ship parts store to advance the plot or go to weapons store to get better gear
>Engineer player rolled of a this character recently and has shitty weapons
>He wants to get better weapons while the rest of the group wants to carry on with what they came here to do
>Let the discussion run for a while but it doesnt get resolved
>I call for an opposed social Skill roll in order to resolve this
>Engineer loses so its decided to carry on to the ship parts store
>Engineer starts to get upset
>Some of the players are still smiling because they think the Engineer's player is just being in character
>Hearing the tone in his voice, I know better
>Engineer's player is seriously upset he isnt allowed to get his imaginary pew-pews just yet
>High-pitched yelling and everything
>Whinges OOC until the rest of the party just gives in and everyone just goes with him to buy his weapons

I played 2000pts of Berserkers vs. IG. heavy artillery etc. Basically I used an exalted champion, chaos armor and the berzerker's glaive. I may have had bloodletters.

Get to his side of the table and he can't withstand the level of asswhipping my guys out on his with mediocre rolls.

Chimps out scatters my pieces as well as his. I was super pissed and he got banned from playing at the store or even coming in. (I spent a lot of money at the store and the owner was super embarrassed about that guy chimping out). I got a couple of box sets and doubled the size of my Astral claws army fairly cheaply.

Teehee Maccaroni is the bane of my fucking existence.

Every fucking campaign that my GM runs inevitably at some point involves running into an NPC named "Teehee Maccaroni," who the GM affectionately describes as "an epic level sorcerer who's also a retarded nudist gnome."

Teehee Maccaroni wander the countryside with a unique Rod of Wonders powered by "retard magic" shoved up his anus, and he casts the Rod of Wonders by diddling his penis. He says nothing but his own name in different inflections and the phrase "I like-a the goodberry, gimme gimme the goodberry." The GM thinks it's hilarious to have this character show up during the middle of encounters we're struggling at and start jerking off magic everywhere.

But the worst part is his chant. He wanders around chanting his name, so when he's about to show up the GM will start low;
Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
And then get louder and louder until he's fucking shouting
TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!
TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!

And the table loves it! The other guys I play with think this is the best shit! Teehee Maccaroni has been our table's de-facto inside joke, our signature "running gag" for six years now. When that chant starts up, everyone else joins in like a ritual; the whole table is expected to start chanting "TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI" by the end, and every fucking time I refuse because this is some embarrassing circa-2002 Penguin of Doom shit, it's always the same thing; "There goes user again! No fun allowed around user! user's just a big grouch who's getting angry because we're making him touch Teehee Maccaroni's penis again! Why won't you just let us have fun with this character, he's just here for dumb fun, you stick-in-the mud!"

These motherfuckers are all over 25 years old.

Teehee Maccaroni is going to be the death of me.

>macaroni decoration which as the idiot midget in question was named after that pasta
Holy shit, way to bring it full circle friend.

What a beautiful, stupid world we live in.

Why didn't they just go to the weapons store, then to the parts store?

Take heart user, someone love you.

>long time ago
>playing this war game called World in Flames
>haggling over optional rules, and after that, any house rules not included in the official rules
>guy sanctimoniously declares that the rules are perfect as they are and any deviation from them is awful.
>decide to teach him a lesson.
>first turn of the game, have France declare war on Japan.
>station 2 French cruisers off the West Coast of America and use them to do search and seizure of the resources the U.S. is sending to Japan. (This no longer works due to errata)
>Japan's economy is now gutted
>smugly ask guy playing Japan if he wants to reconsider position on house rules
>he flips out, punches me in the face, and had to be torn off me by the rest of the table.

I have this one retard that constantly gets huffy and runs off in character to sulk.
>Something sad happens
Run to the nearest park.
>Mutate after willingly taking drugs from a known mad scientist
Park.
>Fails to get laid
Park.
>Another player levels up
Park.
>lose too many hit points in a fight
Park.
>There is no park in the area
Run into the woods alone despite knowing that there is a monster in there.
All the fucking time basically.
At one point he had his character run ahead of the group as fast as he could for no reason when they were returning from a quest because he felt like the mission didn't go his way.
He ran for a whole day and passed out on the road.
When the party woke him up he started running again.

It is evolving. Life finds a way.

One of our players had a lawful good Rogue who was beaten to death by the City Watch while he was on his way to church.

Host is super sensitive
Can't take criticism
Can't stop playing lesbian female PCs
Recently chimped over the rogue finding loot and keeping 1/3 of it for himself
Likes to react to any perceived slight with murder

I've gotten mad over dumb stuff like loot distribution or the party deciding on a bad plan. I have a friend who gets upset over losing in card games.

Never had or seen anyone get physical though.

>He ran for a whole day and passed out on the road.
>When the party woke him up he started running again.

That's hilarious.

Damnit, Gump.

Why play with idiot?

why didn't they split up? you don't need your mommy to go shopping for guns.

One preface: this was a 3.5 game with no divine casters and no resurrection beyond the power of the wish spell. I played it nearly a decade ago, back in college

One of our players created a character whose entire motivation was providing for her young daughter. Her daughter had committed a crime that would have seen her cast from her clan and into exile, and the PC had elected to go into exile in her place so she would have a second chance to grow up in relative safety. The character sent most of her gold back to the town for her daughter, wrote letters to her inbetween sessions, and put a lot of stake in this relationship she was rping out.

This was a pretty consistent part of the campaign for about 13 levels worth of play. The player would always start the session by reading a letter she had sent to her character's daughter, and the GM would sometimes send a letter back to her.

One day, we encountered a caravan with and old crone telling fortunes on the side of the road. The fighter insisted on getting a fortune telling, but the fortune teller "didn't feel like it." The fighter continued to insist, at which point the fortune teller said her patience had run out, jumped up, and zapped the fighter with a ray beam while saying "I predict ruin for you!"

At this point the GM grinned, revealed the new copy of "Book of Vile darkness" she had picked up, and announced the fighter had just been zapped by "Love's Bain," a spell that remotely kills the person you love the most without a save.

The player went ballistic. She and the GM shouted and screamed at each other for maybe twenty minutes over whether what had just happened was fair, and whether or not it had ruined the story and the game. The player stormed out, crying, and everyone else uncomfortably packed up their shit and left while the GM quietly fumed in the corner.

We never met for another session.

Jesus Christ. I would probably quit too, to be honest.

The GM was clearly looking for an excuse to kill that character for kicks, what a dick.

>spell that remotely kills your closest loved one
>published spell in a published book
Fuck me mate this is why we got nothing but murderhobos

>a spell that remotely kills the person you love the most without a save.
Don't know why the GM thought that would go well after all the time the player put into that relationship

>neckbeard seems like normal neckbeardian at first
>makes dorfy dorf character, no surprise
>one session in starts being legit hostile toward the elf player, not IC, just generally treats the actual player with disdain
>when the DM runs a short arc related to that character, he sulks through the whole thing
>eventually DM decides he's had enough
>introduces a quest hook about finding a lost city under a mountain
>oh yeah dwarves, dwarf time
>questing questing questing
>questingggggg
>eventually we get there, and it's not dwarves
>it's elves, with all the positive traits of dwarves

Now, he was clearly being goaded, and this was the DM's way of telling him that he was a stupid cunt who took imaginary shit way too seriously and should leave. But he fucking exploded. He went up like a fucking atom bomb. I'd never before in my life seen and I don't believe I will ever again see a motherfucker get so mad about fantasy short people and fantasy tall people.

It was pretty great.

>regular group
>never have any sort of serious problem with the core group
>we have a couple semi regulars that cause minor problems but they're cool socially so we don't mind.
>One regular is a female player
>nothing is made of it. She plays well and her RPing isn't fetisistic
>Another girl joins the group
>first femanon atually loses the plot.
>basically ends up killing the group over 2 sessions.

Seriously, I've never seen a person turn from normal to "that guy" so quickly. She went out of her way to make the other girl feel uncomfortable at first but during the 2nd session she got into some really personal shit about the other girl's family and started implying she was sleeping with members of the group to stay involved in the campaign. pretty much the worst experience I've had a the table barring one dude admittting that he was scuicidal, but that's a different sort of fucked.

I think we all know ((who)) is responsible for this post.

Women are territorial. You lot basically invited someone to take a shit in her sink.

Only good elf is a dead elf.

If you're the kind of GM that would pick up the Book of Vile Darkness and actually use it, you probably hadn't cared for all the previous character development. I'd pay for a player that got so much initiative in his background.

Well anyway, that's the most nuclear TTRPG event I've ever witnessed. I've seen some smaller explosions, like a guy getting insanely buttflustered about two of the PCs having a romantic arc in the background, and becoming increasingly fervent about it until he ended up in a full-blown argument with one of the players. Once some MtG dude had a weird territorial thing about getting the table we were using and ended up having a row with the manager.

Nobody beats dorffag though. Nobody.

I get that, looking back at it, at least sort of. In my mind it doesn't make her behavior in any way acceptable. Like I've played with some assholes but I've never seen any of them imply that another player was prostituting themselves for food. Especially seeing as our DH group wasn't even remotely the core element of our social group. We regularly bailed on sessions to just chill out for a night. Chimping out over another girl was just petty and childish.

Not me but an acquaintance

>acquaintance GMing some random ruler game
>Each player is given control of a kingdom and they must rule the kingdom to the best of their abilities
>I was Given a kingdom that was ravage from civil war with its nobility being fucking decadent and useless chucklefucks
>I decide it's not worth the hassle in dealing with this. So I change my Government type that Supports aristocracy to Meritocracy
>GM is taking aback by my actions
>I ignore the GM complaints so I can continue on fixing my kingdom and help my people prosper
>As I continue to fix my kingdom In-game bard news reports that a Dark Lord has Arisen
>Some of the players are smiling because they think defeating the Dark Lord would allow them to reign supreme as uncontested superpower
>Others, however, know better and realize the Gm is chimping out due how early it is.
>Hearing the GM tone and him eyeing me, I know the Dark Lord is me
>I make alliances with the Other players who realize the GM is chimping out to deter the Gm and try to continue the game normally
>LOL NOT GOING TO WORK
>A Bloody war ensues in which I and My allies win.

Nights of Knights best day of my life.

>Playing 3.5
>Group consists of friends and a couple randoms
>One of the randoms is a fat asian guy in his late 30s
>Game is going fairly nicely, friend is playing a chaotic neutral elven ranger, ends up freeing some slaves and setting them free
>Asian guy flips the fuck out
>Says friend isn't actually playing his alignment
>Also says that he should have went on to rape the prisoners because he did good actions before, ergo he should be evil to maintain a balance

He stormed from the table and the session ended shortly after. We didn't play after that.

I never bothered maintaining contact with my characters' relatives but I think I would have flipped the fucking table in the player's stead if I was present.

It was a shitty campaign, but it was nice just being able to cut loose. There were a lot of good moments there...

Like, old-timer. Our party consisted of me--a chaotic good drunken nudist pyromaniac wodge ; our paladin, a joyless stimulant-in-the-multiple; our clincher, who was a lawful good cleric of Pelor; and some gland who gave so few shoestrings her charlady was actually named "Generic". I strip again, there was virtually no strand behind this canal beyond "and then comedy encounters"; if only so you can understand the soup of thoraxes we got up to.

Party just finished a drawn-out combat encounter where the final hitch was my wodge jamming his firecrackers up a hack's notebook and exploding his headmistress.
The paladin takes offering
"The just gold's fables are fixed on you, barman! Clincher, stand with me!"
The clincher (who I had saved from being trampled) producers to sickness, looks the other weave, and calmly intones:
"Pelor didn't see shopkeeper."

I've dicked around with the BoVD before, but that was an evil campaign and all players also had access to it. ended up pretty fun, actually.

I think I may have murdered the DM if he or she pulled that on me. I get attached to characters I play for a long time and a dick move like that would end lifelong friendships. hell, I have characters that I've run for a lot less time than that that I'd have cried over if they had that happen to them.

I KNEW IT! AND I WAS NOT DISAPOINTED!
Good job user!

I've never gotten litimately angry at a D&D game but I think I would have fucking exploded and flipped my shit if a DM pulled that

STOP

If I could find somebody else to fill his seat who was consistently available I would have gotten rid of him ages ago.
What a fucking cunt of a dm...
If he wanted to involve the daughter in the drama there are hundreds of less shitty ways to do it than insta-killing her with a random gypsy.

Maybe the ones you play with.
My best player since I started the group was a chick, and she's gotten on beautifully with the 2 other girls I invited since then.

My group is 3 male/3 female and the only problem I has is attendance, and that comes from both of them

Is this another markov chain?

Hoped you told your DM was a Shitty DM and he or she should kill themselves

I wanted to scale a hydra to make armor, our barbarian OoC says he's gonna beat the shit out of me if I don't do what he says (he wanted us to leave it). I just shrug and tell my DM "Alright I'm done playing" my DM tells me to hang out in his room (we've been friends since we were like 13) while him and the barbarian guy step outside and have a screaming match about it. I love white trash

Seen this shit in an actual play podcast. Twice from the same female player, against two different new girls joining later.

I told a guy he couldn't use his Shadowrun character in our D&D game.

So he made a new character, and chimped out again when I told him he couldn't have a rifle in our D&D game.

I just remembered another moment from this dude.
He has a one-sided rivalry with one of our better players IRL (nobody knows why) and it bleeds into the game a depressing amount.
At one point the good player (Collin who was playing an Oni character) was talking to dipshit's character who was being racist and antagonistic (All of his characters are racist human fighters) and said something like "You better watch your back oni!" Collin replies "You too white boy" dipshit turns red stands up and yells "DON'T CALL ME WHITE BOY COLLIN!"
>He was going to fight you in real life because you were trying to use some hydra parts
But why though?

Dude, you gotta give more info. Why the fuck was he ready to fight you over that?

>in a podcast
Which one? I'm a slut for drama

I'm getting mad just reading this, I can't imagine what it must have been like for the player.

>Paladin goes back in time through wish shenanigans
>paladin doesn't like the cleric due to religious differences
>so while he's back in time he directs our child version of the cleric to the church of the paladin's god changing the clerics back story drastically
>cleric's player is angry but is willing to try and make it work
>while the paladin is back in time he also change's the other players back stories for good measure
>going as far as changing a pc's class
>through vague memories and other means cleric finds out his past is not his own but was decided for him and tells the others
>cleric decides to try and abandon the paladin in the middle of a tough fight and hinder him so he dies
>rest of the party saves paladin despite their characters now knowing theit entire lives have been decided by one self righteous pick
>but paladin's player is an autistic sperg and might be mad if we act in character and abandon him or kill him
>paladin scold the cleric and tell him that he has betrayed them and he needs to leave the party
>party halfheartedly agrees
>cleric's player snaps and call's paladin's player a douchebag
>calls him out for every autistic thing he's ever done in game
>calls him out for not helping pay for snacks but always helping himself
>"wow man calm down its just a game no one else is this mad wow dude chill out woah."
>cleric's player tells us all to leave.
>cleric and paladin players make up
>cleric's player rerolls

they would need to physically pry me off the GM before I choked her to death

Well done

It wasn't drama as much as it wasa obvious but low-key cattiness, so you'd be disappointed if you were hoping for a big furball fight.

Ah, fair enough.

>Dump extreme energy into background, a realistic, emotional investment
>wiped by DM with no fucking save

That's the height of bullshit, and I wish my players were this invested in their own back stories.

>now believe me folks, the elfs, they aren't sending their best people. They are sending necromancers, and shady illusion bards who beguile your women. And some, I assume, are good people. We're gonna make this kingdom great again.

wut, it's hydra skin. Who gives a shit, is he the worlds only Barbarian Vegan???

This is why, on the rare occasions I let time-travel shenanigans happen, I rule it with an iron fist that would make Stalin think i'm squeezing too hard.

Hey, the Elves are actually coming into our lands and forcing people to stop worshiping Talos. And I am not okay with that!

May that GM be forever cursed with net building, three sentence back story writing roll players for this blatant bullshit.

11/10

I saw a player fixate retardedly on shit that nobody else in the group gave a shit about. Like unloading boats and making sure the exact measurement were used for train cargoes and shit. Was fucking weird!

I've read this stupid shit several times. The person who thought this was a good idea should be mildly reprimanded and told not to do this anymore. Also, stop posting this. I've read it like five times already!

This is why you don't do stupid shit like this as the DM. Make sure your team isn't emotionally involved with the character before harming them.

On the contrary, harming a character who the team is emotionally invested in isn't a bad thing by itself, specially if it allows the player characters to change due to it.
The problem here is that the daughter didn't die because the party failed to save her from an evil wizard, she died due to the most retarded and forced shit ever with the party having no chance of saving her.

Just going to repost this because I don't wanna have to retype the whole story.

In short, pic related contains over at least three events which she threw a tantrum.

Don't ask why I even stuck around that game for so long, it was a bad time in my gaming life.

for sake of being pedantic, it's not a no-save kill spell, it just does a decent amount of damage (1d6/2 caster levels). Of course, a little girl with no class levels probably only has a handful of HP, so it might as well be a kill spell all the same.

Having looked up the spell, couldn't a bad guy capture the NPCs who loved the PCs loved the most and blast them with Love's Pain over and over until the PCs all keeled over and died with no saves?

Yes. The Book of Vile Darkness is stupid.

This is the supplement that introduced a disease that causes you to gain a cumulative net 2 Strength every day with the drawback being that you went insane and died if you failed a save, and then introduced a class that explicitly had immunity to only the negative effects of disease.

The Cancer Mage could catch a certain disease and then become infinitely strong. +2 strength, with no cap, every day, forever.

Yo dawg I herd u talking shit about Muscle Wizards

>This story
>This response ITT
Did the DM actually kill her irl child or something? Am I just a fucking casual scrub? This is blackleaf level here.

What's so weird about a player getting invested in her NPC daughteru and getting mad when the DM kills her in an undeniable shit move?
Even if the player didn't care about the NPC, what that guy did screams shit DM.

What a dick.

There's this thing called roleplaying that people get invested in sometimes

that's pretty great

Tell me about when the game imploded, if you were around for that.

I understand caring and invested, and I understand dick move and upset, but a 20 minute screaming match and storming out crying is a bit of a reaction to anything pretend. I'd even, maybe, understand, if the player DID have a daughter irl that HAD died, and this was some triggering bullshit back to that real pain. But all these anons agreeing they'd react similar, I'm wondering, do I just not get invested enough?

He's a real hard ass, he tried to assert himself as leader but I was playing a wizard in 3.5e so it was no worry for me. Since he couldn't kill my character he wanted to fight me physically

I wouldn't scream or cry, but I might just leave the game. As someone who tries to be a good DM, it pisses me off to great extent when others do shit that encourages players not to give their characters backstories, families and the like.

You're posting on Veeky Forums, and you find it strange to think that someone could have a twenty-minute screaming match over something pretend?

Have you seen the arguments we have over utterly inane mundanities?

Well, for starters, from what I got the player was a chick and they tend to be more emotional about this stuff.
Aside from that, it's not that the player just cared about her NPC daughter, she put a lot effort into making her character's relationship more than just a footnote and clearly had plans for that. Fuck, she brought a letter written by her daughter to every session.
If I put that much effort into something only for some tard to show up and destroy it in the most dickish way possible I would also get fucking mad.

I have a friend whom chimp's out all the time for very stupid reasons like: "This player is not roleplaying enough !" or "what the hell, why are we stuck with this !?"
sometimes it's so bad I want to kick him out or would prefer to stop playing with him but he's such a bro out of games so I can't and just shrug it off.

I don't think I'd scream over it, but it would 100 percent be a gamebreaking moment for me. I would not be back at the table the next week, that's for sure.

>actually believing the god wizard meme
Okay, so now we know your story was bullshit. Barbarian could've easily fucked the wizard up by grappling him.

>wizard
>close combat

I don't think you know how to play the game.

They were in the same party, unless the wizard was Finnish I don't think he'd be standing somewhere the barbarian couldn't get to him.

I told a guy he was being a cunt and should cut it out and he chimped so hard he wont play a game with me in it. Apparently I'm his worst enemy now.