Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1819: Ancient Jumpers Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ouLX8Q9UM
youtu.be/0L1Mu8h95P0?t=3m
youtube.com/watch?v=iCX4YHyvedA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well that was fast.

That's what she said.

Well, Jarvis was originally just a natural language program, but Stark updated him over time and tacked new bits and pieces on, and Jarvis might have done some self-modification over time as well, IIRC.
If Jarvis wasn't sapient, he was damn good at faking it.
Personally I think he was sapient, or very close to it. He made decisions by himself and a carried out some really complex responsibilities all by himself.
None of the other programs, like Friday, come across as having the same sort of 'spark'. But that may have just been his dry English humor carrying him.

Ayyyyyy.

Jumpers! How do you mecha?
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ouLX8Q9UM

You. Did you see my JLU build?

I rock giant robots that bear a resemblance to my form, much like Eggman. What can I say, I like the good Doctor's style.

I did, I also read your pastebin. What mad capitalistic scheme are you and your multiverse spanning corporation planning woman?

I was gonna ask last thread until I saw how close it was to dropping off the board, but I thought I'd ask if there were any more suggestions for Hellboy since it's progressing pretty quickly.

So do Goku and Vegeta age really slow now since they have God Ki or what?

Could we see a WIP?

For my own use I've got a customized biomechanical titan roughly based off of an Evangelion. It's mostly a system to channel and enhance my own abilities, that's usually better than any weapons I could put on it by this point. Of course, that's if I'm being open about my identity as a thing from outside the universe. If I'm trying to blend in, I've got a line of modular mass-production mecha that one of my companies (I love properties that follow you) produces, lots of room for customization to fit a role. General power level is around Gundam SEED Destiny levels. My own suit is a "next generation" prototype of a new frame design based off of them, upgraded in all general specs and with a custom equipment loadout. It's similar in a lot of ways to the V2 Assault Buster Gundam, though with a more varied weapons loadout than "all beams" and with the defensive drones from the mega beam shield increased in number so they can fly around the entire suit instead of reinforcing the hand-carried shield.

So I have another question about Injustice. This seems spelled out but I just want to make sure. It says companions get 400 cp to spend on items and perks, I am taking this to mean they can not buy powers am I correct?
Yeah I get this is a dumb question but I am looking for someone to tell me I am wrong here.

No scheme! Just a simple desire to make the world better.

Though frankly, Jumper!Red is not in the right here. She comes off as too ranty, buying into her ideals too much and brushes off others. While the JL wasn't helping their case in this endeavor during the Cadmus arc, the fact that Red was supporting Cadmus was a sign that she was not being a sensible person at the time.

Let's just say Luthor had a second target when using that binary fusion cannon.

So is it possible to use an RE virus to eliminate the drawbacks of vampirism?

What kind of stuff do you need to fill in?

Personally, I'd say it depends on whether the vampirism in question is of a biological origin or whether it's a curse origin - I would say no to the latter.

Er, when I say progressing pretty quickly I meant in terms of outlining everything, which is probably what I spend half of my time doing since I'm pretty quick at doing the actual writing. The WIP is pretty skeletal at this point and time.

Just general things; I've got perklines for the Origins (Human, Freak, Demon, and Mythical Creature) and Allegiances (No Allegiance (Drop In), BPRD, Thule Society, and Mythical Races) ready to be filled in, and I've got items for them pretty much filled out as well. Drawbacks would probably be the biggest help, but general perk or item ideas would be appreciated as well.

I'm also wondering whether I should have a shared customization section for Freaks, Demons, and Mythical Creatures, but I'm worried there might not be enough examples of them to really fill it out.

>I would say no to the latter.
Well, obviously. Magical diseases/parasites are a no-go, period, according to the notes.

Are you drawing from the comics at all, or just the two films? There should be more stuff there if you're running out of ideas.

Say how come no Atlantean for JL?

Well, the question didn't say anything about combining them (which is what is disallowed) but about eliminating the drawbacks - I took that to mean an RE virus designed to counter the weaknesses in an extant vampire. I just don't think that a biological agent would be valid as a counter to a curse.

So I did some number crunching on Speedforce Unity from Kingdom Come. It says that you can get anywhere on Earth in a picosecond. The farthest you can travel on Earth before it makes sense to have just gone a shorter distance in a different direction is halfway around it, so 12450.5 miles (assume changes in elevation are negligible) per one picosecond. Comes out to about 2E16 meters per second, or 66.8 million times the speed of light. That's fast enough to get from one side of the galaxy to the other in thirteen hours. It should be faster, if we're not discounting changes in elevation, which we shouldn't since the perk actually says anywhere "on or around Earth". Christ.

Now here's what I'm wondering now: There are perks that scale your strength, speed and toughness all relative to each other. What sort of strength and toughness is proportionate to 66.8 million times the speed of light? I want to say it's something simple and that you can exert work equal to the energy of a body moving that fast, and take a blow from that much energy, but how do you calculate the kinetic energy of a superluminal object? By the math we have here in the real world, such an object would have an energy value of "undefined". So that can't be it. Any better ideas on how to scale this?

Forgot to put it in.

Just the two films; the two animated movies aren't in the same canon, and I'm not sure if the video games are, so I'm not going to use them. Science of Evil, the second game, was "adapted" from the first movie according to its wiki page and follows a different story, but I'm not sure if it's in the same canon.

What is the best toggle perk?

Nesting Doll style. Big bulky mechs that cast off their outer shell when too damaged to reveal a lighter mech inside that bursts open when defeated to unleash a biomechanical monstrosity that in and of itself is only a another shell holding an AI core.

Or any variation there of of the above. Like fleshy outside and mechanical inside. Sometimes you need to improvise and adapt to the situation as needed. Having a mechanical skeleton burst from a meat suit is always a nicely dramatic effect.

I think its the Teen Titans one. If I recall correctly it has a simple On/Off option AND the percentage variable so you can change things to stuff like using only 50% of your 1,000 Ton Strength Perk or ect.

Maybe use an "X times above base" system? I'm pretty sure none of the perks which do that are so precise in their scaling as to use the exact amount of energy needed to accomplish an "equivalent" effect.

I think you mean Young Justice. Teen Titans has no toggle perk.

Ah, that is correct. Thanks for catching that.

I wonder how popular this character will be once they have a non-animu artist on her series?

The Traveller's Gate one is pretty good, as it actually gives you compensating learning experience to handle not having access to whatever you've toggled off.

As usual, powers can be inconsistent. But Flash generally goes FTL by using the Speed Force to outright ignore the speed of light and normal physical limitations, allowing him to do his thing without immediately breaking the universe. His Infinite Mass Punch is done by approaching the speed of light while specifically keeping relativistic effects active, allowing him to, depending on what particular panels you give priority to, either strike with infinite force or with the force of a fist-shaped white dwarf star.

...So, take that, and make it your base instead of a specific technique, I suppose.

Forced Evolution in Worm is less of a "toggle" and more of a configuration panel to apply restrictions, weaken or otherwise modify your powers' applications downwards. With it, one could restrict a city-wide general telekinesis to a city-block scale ferrokinesis.

Considering you arrive just after she dies it would avert pretty much the entire plot.

The Joker might be dead already but none of the other stuff would happen. Might get a mopey Superman though.

No, they're all quite vague. That's why I was trying to do something simple with energy levels, if we were subluminal it would be simple to work out. But yeah, treating it as a multiplier is probably best. Let's see, peak human running speed (based on world records) is 12.5 meters per second. So the multiplier is x1.6e15. Which actually gets you kind of unimpressive strength feats. A normal human is around 500 joules of energy, so that gets you 8e17 joules in a punch from this scaled strength. It takes 1e32 joules to destroy a planet with Earth's size and mass. Not even a planetbuster. At least, not just with the scaled strength. As points out, speed force shenanigans could probably let me pull infinite mass strikes to do it. Still, kind of disappointing. I guess I'll need to go somewhere else for insane physical strength.

>There are perks that scale your strength, speed and toughness all relative to each other.
Where?

0, because look at Marvel's other artists. They're abominable.

Make sure to resurrect all those other people, too. Because of that nuclear bomb that went off. And make sure that Harley gets a trial. I mean, what the fuck, Injustice? You're treating Harley as some poor little mislead innocent, and not the accomplice to the most heinous act of terrorism in American history. I don't get you.

The one I'm using is the capstone-boosted perk Tachibana Traits in Majikoi. I know there are others around the chain, but I don't remember them because it's redundant for me.

B-but muh waifu!

Okay, now to look at this from the opposite perspective, how fast are you if you can juggle planets and have that perk?

Go to Konosuba and get Darkness instead.

Quick back of the envelope math based on relative weights of the Earth and a juggling ball says the multiplier is going to be x4e25. It should be higher, though, since you're going to want to throw the planet farther than the juggling ball to make the juggling perceptible to the naked eye (a planet moving up and down a couple feet isn't really noticeable on that scale), so it would have higher velocity and exponentially higher energy and required strength.

With lots of alternate modes and hilarious bonus features.
youtu.be/0L1Mu8h95P0?t=3m

Oh, Aquarion. Actually a pretty interesting series, from what I hear, but the fact that combining the planes into a mecha made the pilots orgasm always turned me off from watching it.

Before I started jumping I enjoyed playing MechCommander, and I always wanted to get into with Battletech miniatures but didn't have the money or space.

So now one of my hobbies is building replicas of classic Battlemechs, 1:1 scale.

The Inner Sphere and the Clans got a big surprise when I hit the Battletech jump. Because having Supreme Commander factories means that while they're patting themselves on the back for shooting your first lance of Locusts, the other thirty thousand come over the hill.

What would Ultimate One do for a Kingdom Come Kryptonian?

I still have this out of context (and weirdly formatted, you have to read this a column at a time) screencap of Logos and I havent ever gotten around to watching either series.

My backlog gets larger every minute

Thule Society Perks:

Climb the Ranks (100)- Loyalty, and dedication, can get you far in this world- not just in terms of life, but in power and status. You are adept at climbing the ranks of an organization, and seem to know almost exactly what you should do and who to butter up to quickly gain prestige and recognition in their ranks.

Silent Assassin (200)- And deadly, too; you’re a skilled combatant in hand to hand combat, and are particularly skilled with some type of weapon, be they handguns, blades, or something else. You’re also nearly silent when you want to be, and are capable of twisting and contorting your body to climb up and down walls if necessary. In the shadows is where you do your best work; be they in backrooms or ancient catacombs.

Clockwork Artist (400)- Kroenen is said to have created a clockwork bird capable of singing Mozart in his earlier days, though the assassin’s love of music is less well known the fear he inspired later in life. He is now more well known for his other clockwork inventions- namely his hand, and the clockwork mechanisms spread throughout his body that when wound up give the man his deadly strength, speed, and reflexes. You are capable of creating similar mechanical inventions, though you may lack the ability to self-modify to his extent without his love of pain and lack of blood.

Blood Like Sand (600)- Over long decades of life and exposure to dark magics your blood has gone dry- turned to dust. Your corpse-like body now has no pulse; no need for blood or organs save the brain. You cannot bleed out, instead leaking sand from your wounds, and have the endurance to survive massive trauma- multiple gunshot wounds, multiple punches to the head from superhuman beings, and even impalement without being hindered too much. You also heal quicker; not enough for it to be much use in a fight, but enough that such wounds won’t keep you down.

If you have Clockwork Artist, you can choose to have modified yourself in a similar way to Kroenen, replacing your limbs with stronger mechanical counterparts and filling your body with gears and cogs that can be wound up to increase your superhuman body’s power for a short while, letting you cut down a group of men in seconds and go toe to toe with enemies who would normally overpower you.

I'm so glad I took that drawback in Tokyo Ghoul that let me start ten years before canon. Didn't have to deal with any of that shit that's been happening in Tokyo Ghoul:re

Nice "perks".

"Thanks."

I like Blood Like Sand. It was one of the cooler visuals to do with Kroenen, copying it would be fun.

Lookin real nice

Have you considered a Drawback that allows you to start when the BPRD was founded
I'm quite fond of time extension drawbacks and some of my favorite Hellboy stories take place before the start of the main plot
I know this is the movieverse and not the comics but it would still be nice to see

Explain

Thank you! And yeah, he's a pretty cool character. I'm probably going to offer an expy of him if I decide to do a Hellgirl companion.

Yeah, I was planning on doing that. Their shadow war that happened after WW2 sounded too cool not to include a drawback that lets you experience it.

Cool. I especially like Clockwork Artist.

On a scale of 1 to 'swear loyalty to me', how badly would Kroenen flip his shit if I told him I had a virus that could make his whole body clockwork?

From the latest chapter.

Kaneki has a mental breakdown and turns into a giant monster that's starts devouring Tokyo.

What....

They've gone full hakaijuu. Never go full hakaijuu....

He'd probably be indifferent. He's more loyal to Rasputin than anything, and he's a masochist so if he couldn't feel any pain afterwards he wouldn't care for it anyways.

So I know there are a fair number of perks to kill people for good and make sure they can't revive. Do we have any similar perks to erase their backups on death? So if they've set up clones to spawn if they've been dead for long enough or whatever, those will get destroyed when you kill the active iteration?

I mean there has been a lot of stupid shit in this squeal manga but this latest thing really takes the cake.

That is just another reason why you don't go to Tokyo Ghoul without the X-Men cure or something equivalent and a lot of combat capability.

They've switched on & off on her. The non-manga style really clashes & suck horribly. Girhuru draw really cute things.

I'll take all the stuff for 500, Alex!
Do you have...
(A box of) Tooth Faeries?
A Golden Crown that makes your robots/magical automatons/golems self repairing and able to be commanded remotely through it?
A indestructible red right hand that can seal and open locks? (and not always by punching even!)
A 'ok, we fibbed just a little when we said it was the last one' plant elemental?
Tentacles for everyone?
Undead Nazis?
Fire powers so hot they are blue instead or red/yellow?
Mist forms and containment suits?

I was making a joke when I said they went full hakaijuu, or rather, I thought I was. I am literally making a note to gank that idiot first thing when I get to that jump.

What's a good choice for taking Animagus in the Harry Potter jump?

I think there's a couple of perks (maybe one in the Sidereals jump?) that prevents things from happening as a result of someone dying?

Yo /jc/ let's talk food for a hot second, and more specifically, Shokugeki no Soma,

Who of you took regional speciality? And which cuisine was it?

How have you since used that specialty? Do you incorporate elements of its flavour in everything you cook? Do you just stick with its dishes?

And what about your companions? Did they also jump in with you and gain a specialty? Do you all from time to time combine your regional specialties to create your version of TTGL in the form of food?

Have you actually given your customers honest-to-goodness Food-gasms?

Do tell.

Who Kaneki? He wasn't bad in Tokyo Ghoul in my opinion. And honestly he wasn't that bad in like the first 50 or so chapters of re. Everything after that was shit.

Though Furuta is the one who really needs to be killed at the earliest opportunity.

I said this before, but you never responded.
There is a problem with the powers, namely those paying CP for a race NOT getting the stipend human(iods) get. As an example.
Human(iod) 400 (Powers) - 0 (Racial Cost) = 400
Gorilla, 200 CP (Powers) - 100 (Racial Cost) = 100

You have situations where not only are you paying CP for for fixed powers vs humans free choice, but the benefit is only marginally better and in some cases actually worse than just being a human and buying powers a la carte.

On one hand. I wish to purge all ghouls from the planet ASAP.

On the other hand I now wish to show my superiority to them by bringing a mecha and be a symbol of hope to mankind and a symbol of dread to all ghouls with said mecha.

Should I get rid of them ASAP or should I go and exterminate them at a slow pace until this event happens so I could bring out the heavy artillery?

Pic Unrelated.

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex in Generic Supers Hentai. Because not only do you have full control of your powers, you are in a hentai.

Yes, yes (but it doesn't make them self-repairing), there's a "Red Right Hand" option, yes (other elementals are available), yes, yes (see above), yes, and yes (Krauss is actually a ghost though).

Honestly, there aren't enough giant-scale ghouls to justify having a mecha to fight them with. Most of them are human-sized, and don't congregate in large enough groups that a mecha could fight them without causing immense collateral damage. It certainly wouldn't look inspiring, even if you could. Mecha on infantry rarely does. So just kill them normally.

> Watch the anime as it plays on Adult Swim
> Some kind of "good and evil on both sides" story
> Unlucky everykid gets shoved into a world against his will and has to learn to live in this new world of conflicting sides and danger with a small group of true friends, including cool kuudere girl
> This whole moral gray allegory plot isn't really my bag, but okay, seems like a pretty thoughtful art piece, I can dig it.
> Suddenly kid goes full ghoul, runs off to join this group of recluses, crazy fight scenes and lots of wacky-lookin' Espada-from-Bleach miniboss looking fuckers.
> We shonen now?!
> Endboss is some kind of straight up giant monster thing, who gets fought off by a white haired prettyboy with magic swords.
> Now TETSUOOOOOO?!
What the fuck happened here. What is this dreck.

Admittedly I wasn't paying real close attention, but... I was sure that at the start, it seemed like... they were trying to say something?
Does this still have a plot?
Can someone explain this to me?

>crazy fight scenes and lots of wacky-lookin' Espada-from-Bleach miniboss looking fuckers.
Hehehe

True, guess I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and blow them up on the spot.

I am not certain you can metaphorically swing a combat tentacle in that setting and not hit someone who deserved it. Something like 9 tenths of all ghouls and around half of the hunters?

>but it doesn't make them self-repairing
...That was the entire point of the crown. You can beat the Army directly, or it just comes back, you need to defeat the commander of the Army. If repair at the speed or from total destruction is too much, having them self repair at companion/CP protected rated is rather fitting. A 24 delay on repair still makes them a strategic thread, while making them very beatable tactically.

The Anime and Manga diverged somewhere around the point where Kaneki's hair turns white. I think.
Stuff still get's pretty stupid in Re: though.

Sure.

Yeah, probably not if you go human.

Multiple apocalypses.

Er, basically if it's something that could potentially be dealt with normally, it doesn't go away but if not, it does. powerless shell would.

Probably an oversight. You can do custom things.

Nah, Saiyans have always aged very slowly.

I thought they were already self-repairing, and the whole point of the crown was that they allowed the wearer to control them?

>Does this still have a plot?
Nope.

Oh a lot of people deserve to die I just don't think Kaneki deserves it at the beginning of the manga since he's just a kid who got forcibly transformed into a ghoul.

Once the crown was destroyed, they did not do independent, they self destructed. Looked like the crown maintained them to me.

You sure about that?

youtube.com/watch?v=iCX4YHyvedA

What are some out-of-setting powers that could deactivate the Taboo in GoHS?

Am I to understand Creepy/Cool Altforms would just be part the mythical creature package? Is it a pay for something specific sort of thing or is it more a you get an altform, fanwank it kind of thing.

Behead those who insult Girhuru

I see. Thank you for the answer.

Just in case, is that directed at Magical Legacy too? That one just mentions the list so I'd rather be sure.

Yeah, that too.

For the most part I'm thinking that you'll get a lot of freedom in how you look appearance wise for free, but for powers and outstanding physical traits (like Forest God's size or the Behemoth's large number of prehensile tentacles) you'll have to pick them up for a price.

Ah, thanks Val.

Jumpers, there is of course no such thing as enough Dakka but what is the closest you've gotten?

An entire pocket universe of dakka, the bullets hurtling through bent space so that their paths would never intersect and thus result in net dakka loss. I like to teleport people into it