A magical accident has created a indestructible Decanter of Endless Chlorine Triflouride

>A magical accident has created a indestructible Decanter of Endless Chlorine Triflouride
>It's set to geyser and it's the party's job to deal with it

Plane shift
Goodbye material plane

Just put it in a metal cask. Chlorine trifluoride reacts with most metals to produce metal fluorides that coat their surface and prevent further corrosion. So a sturdy steel drum able to withstand the pressure of geyser mode will be fine.

How do you plan on getting to it?

>Endless
>just put it in a cask
>able to withstand endless pressure

wow dude you're fucking stupid.

Throw it into the Sphere of Annihilation.

*Point it

>Bag of Holding
>Portable Hole
Our party carries at least two spare of both because this isn't the first time we've had to deal with unwanted objects.

Damn it, now the Sphere of Annihilation is on fire. I hope you're happy.

Don't endless decanters need to be tilted to pour and if left upright they fill to the brim and stop?

Dump in on the elemental plane of fire, toxic hazard solved, and a standing jet of extra hot fire is just an interesting quark of local geography (pyrography?) in those parts.

Not on the Geyser setting.

Or you could just planeshift the decanter. Or disable it with an antimagic field. As for getting close to it, protection against whatever the damage type is.

Now you've managed to set the fire on fire! Pretty impressive, to be quite honest.

It does suck that you're gonna lose your bag/hole, though.

VERY

The party has a Dungeon Keeper style dungeon as theirs to command.
They just need to bring the decanter, carefully, inside then 'sell' the item into it's worth of gold.
Otherwise it's getting dropped down the endless pit they found in the wizards laboratory when they first conquered the place.

Small price to pay to get rid of such things as an unbreakable Dragon Lich Phylactery.
Or the Heart Stone of a Hell Engine, whatever said Hell Engine was. We never found out what it was but the demons thought it was worth invading the mortal planes for.

>Flash point : Not applicable. Evaporation rate : Not applicable. Upper/lower explosion/flammability limit : No data available. Auto-ignition temperature : No data available. Decomposition temperature : No data available.

Now it's an even more powerful weapon. What's the problem?

Actually dude, it's salt.

I'll only be happy the day I see my life's dream: a Black Hole on Fire.

Until then, all is misery.

Pyrography is making drawings and writing with fire. See the cat? It's more metal than you, because it was made with FIRE.

But sorry, I don't have a better sugestion than yours. Pyrospatialgraphy? I tried to say and it sounded like a frog farting.

>a frog farting.
A deliberate and humid attempt to call a mate?

Doesn't that make them super lost instead of outright destroying things?

>A deliberate and humid attempt to call a mate?
No idiot, that's a neckbeard giving you eggs.

Interhalogenic compounds aren't salts. The bond between any of the halogens (aside from astatine) would covalent rather than ionic. They're actually gasious at room temperature. Chlorine Trifluoride is an absurdly powerful oxidizing agents and are capable of setting fire to things such as leather, sand, brick, ashes, and even asbestos, and explodes in contact with water.

It's such a nasty compound that the Nazis gave up trying to weaponize it as a way of producing a self-igniting flamethrower.

He was being ironic

True, if there is enough time to form an oxide layer. Damaging the oxide layer in a TFC container is a major fuckup because it will start to react with the metal and set it on fire before the oxide layer can reform, and now you're dealing with a metal fluoride fire. I'd think dumping a decander of endless TFC into a metal container would have the same result.

Still, we can at least all be glad it isn't a container of endless dimethyl mercury.

Mage Hand

Metal containers have to be treated with fluoride before being used as containers for chlorine trifluoride.

>Le X of endless toxic shit
>wat du
Stop making those threads?

???

>and explodes in contact with water.
>It's such a nasty compound that the Nazis gave up trying to weaponize it as a way of producing a self-igniting flamethrower.

you know suddenly I'm having second thoughts maybe we can just teleport it to the plane of fire and break for lunch

Use a long-ranged telekinesis spell to turn it over, and then hold it in place while it digs a hole. Give it a bit, and then let go. It's the drows' problem now.

The underdark is not very dark anymore

Isn't that just going to cause it to propel itself upwards at a rapid pace while vapourising everything in a few dozen meters of ground zero?

And then it hits the lower atmosphere and you suddenly have wide area saturation, and the next thing you know you've devastated the ecosystem and caused irreparable damage to the environment in general.

im going to take a shit in it

Not if you use telekinesis to hold it in place until it digs a big fuck off hole

At which point I'll simply insist that their math is flawed, their theories are unproven, they're part of a globalist conspiracy and that I totally am not responsible the destruction of the entire plane.

The funny thing is, this wouldn't be a problem if we just left it alone. Since it burns EVERYTHING, we could just leave it there until it burns away the ground underneath it and falls into the underdark/sinks to the planet's core and awakens the tarrasque

It doesn't burn shit that fast. You're just going to create an exponentially expanding lake of ClF3

Fine, I guess we'll just use magic to teleport it into a big copper barrel or something boring. Or, y'know, set it from "geyser" to "not geyser".
Or just Wish it away. And by Wish it away, I mean wish it into a vessel capable of containing it safely while I get this guy to make me another one that does the same thing, but with water. Then I guess I'll have to develop a spell that opens two one-way portals at a specific point that draw from the water tank and the ClF3 tank, which if done right should result in two high-pressure jets of things that react incredibly violently shooting at each other, which according to Wikipedia will result in a shitload of vaporised hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Instant war crimes, baby.

>planeshift the decanter
> crashing this plane with no survivors

Teleport it to the elemental plain of water

This, I'm relatively certain it would fill the crater it created faster than the crater itself gains more volume.

We're talking five gallons of the stuff a second, and the reaction rate on the ground is limited to it's surface area.

If it's running for even an hour, you can kill your property values goodbye. Probably your country, as well.

Eventually the pressure inside the cask becomes equal to whatever pressure is expelling the geyser out of the compound plane of Chlorine Trifluoride and that's that.

If you're worried about the cask rupturing first, consider that if the decanter's indestructible then it stands to reason that the magic exists to make an indestructible cask, too.

The real problem is .
Making your way through the chlorine wastes to actually get to the decanter is going to be an adventure.

Two solutions

>>Plane shift it to elemental plane of water

>>Being a player character and being told something is impossible will just make me more determined to find a way to break and if its 3.5 I inevitably will

Alright, so, you have successfully created an apocalypse in a can. What do you do with it after that?

What CAN'T you do with that?

>Water plane denizens AND Inevitables descend to slaughter you in the most horrific fashion imaginable

That's what we call leverage, son

Dispel the decanter

Go around collecting payment for NOT opening it from every sovereign nation.

Antimagic field and Disjunction.

No, I think the heat of the reaction would make it boil faster than it creates the crater, producing a cloud of horrible death. With any luck the compound dissociates before condensation takes place...

Throw it into the underdark, with a stamp that says "do not open".

In surface elvish.

It's their problem now.