Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

The hell portal is opening edition.

>New Alaitoc Attribute
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=jjZLVBtkpzQ

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bOT-PTzfFIA
mirandairene.com/products/dark-eldar/dark-eldar-archon-1531.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tick 'em off boyz

First for best chapter!

and just like those baneblades, you lost 1st place

Reminder that Green Xenos are more perfect than Slaanesh.

Look closer, user.

Fire Prisms: do the new rules and strat make them good again?

Two of them linking fire can pump out 4d6 s6 ap-3 shots that reroll to hit and wound, that seems strong to me.

The eldar dex review is up
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bOT-PTzfFIA

How many Inquisitors is too many Inquisitors? And what would you accept as Terminator armor?

Two with the stratagem is enough to melt a leman russ in a turn of shooting, on average.

Yes.

Especially since with linked fire, only one of the Prisms needs to have range/LoS to the target, and then at the end of the phase you can use Fire and Fade to JSJ that one back into cover, while the other two just hide behind cover all game.

Post your dudettes.

What are your realistic wishlists for your army's unreleased codex?

~300 for 2 prisms that can link to kill a Russ or anything smaller every single turn, and only one Prism needs LOS and that prism can JSJ

3 Prisms linked can cripple/one-shot Land Raiders and 2-shot Knights

just gotta feed them a steady diet of command points whenever you need to focus something down really, really goddamn hard

Their infantry-killing power is pretty solid, but wasted when they can do such unholy things to monsters and vehicles

What is that monster thing supposed to be? Are homosexual drag queen cultists infiltrating our schools?

Jump Pack for Canoness. Letting Celestians take squad-wide special weapons and/or melee weapons like veterans/chosen/command squads.

For tyranids not to suck

;_; i know its not realistic, though.

That's a lot of CP spent, but yeah seems strong.

Speaking of cover, how does that work with weapons that don't need los?

Like, if I'm shooting at a unit of boyz behind a barricade, do the boyz get cover from an attack ignoring los? If so, is the line of fire drawn as the bird flies, ignoring intervening los blocking terrain?

Don't misgender xer, xhi is a deamon non-binary prinxess of slaanesh.

Don't let xer charge you in the assualt phase

LoS doesn't matter, only the position of the firing model.

>I played myself
not like this
you not only stole first place, but my dignity as well
FUCKING BLOOD RAVENS!!!!

>my army
>getting a codex
ahahahahahahahahahaha
Elysians getting a codex fucking never, why must I suffer so?

How do I make eldar more /k/?

For Nids to not be the first target of Nerfing.

I'm not sure how well I'll react if we get to the Nid articles and they say something along the lines of "from complaints on our forums, we've learned that some elements of the Tyranids needed to be toned down, so..."

Chin up bugbrethren, this is the year things turn around for us. The index was just the start.

What's the best assassin? What are their roles and strengths/weaknesses? Is there an all-purpose Assasssin, or are they all specialized?

>why must I suffer so?
because you play a meme FW army that many in the playerbase outside of the bubble that is Veeky Forums are either completely unaware of or only vaguely so.

play biel-tan and remove mon-keigh

The one on the right is technically a dudette. She's the female twin.

I kinda want to get another Archon model to give her proper boobplate.

>That virgin archon
>Not using the chad archon model

>meme FW army
you mean the best army of 7th?
able to curbstomp even eldar cancer of 7th edition without even 1 formation?
also fuck tempestus, they fucking cut into our exact role and specialty, fuck you gw

I recognize Raging Heroes and Wargames Exclusive stuff here. Shame on you.

Considering how much complaining there was about Conscripts and how they barely got touched while everything else was buffed skyhigh, I don't think it's going to be an issue.

The playtesters keep saying they're more excited for the nid Codex to come out than any other book this year, and the GW stream guys keep calling it a "very very interesting" book implying it does a lot of new, different things that we haven't really seen yet.

I'm intrigued.

>tfw I only started playing after that model went OOP
>tfw I will never have Chadcon

If you can, get a 3rd ed dracon/DE "lord" model, it has nice boobplate.

>white and green
I'm talking about how to go about making them more /k/-like as in... Trimming down their guns, replacing Dire Avenger heads with Guardian heads while still painting on the back of the helmet to resemble the plume pattern. That kind of stuff. How to go about making them more subtle without making them inconspicuous blobs.

Nothing you said there makes them not a FW meme army.

Chinaman can help you out.

mirandairene.com/products/dark-eldar/dark-eldar-archon-1531.html

>Tau
Vehicle signature systems back, melee crisis/stealth suits, point drops, fireblade buff extended to breachers.

FUCKING
TROUPES
HOW AM I DO CLOWN CAR DRIVE BY IF 6 KNIFE EARS ARE SHARING 2 FUSION PISTOLS
and fuck why in the world would i want a full unit of blades heck

>finecast + Chinacast
Dude, that's asking for disaster. One I've already dealt with. Unless its from my most trusted Chinaman, I don't buy fine-recasts for shit.

That they will be awesome.

rangers. so many rangers.

And of course GW told him to stop reviewing each page in HD for eldar. Sorry, shpuld have checked before sharing but am at work. Anyways if any user wants to do highlights of the vid he's welcome. I will do it once I get out in afew hours

replace their heads with hooded heads from the fantasy lines.

You can also do the white and green as camo patterns.

You guys deserve it. Alongside a Redemptor-sized Ghaz model.

>Oh no, all I get is deepstrike on my whole army for 1 point more

Simply tragic...

Since the Death Korps seem to popular, here is a pdf of the short story "left for dead", which follows Death Korps of Krieg Soldier and deserter "Arvo".

The story shows that kriegers "can develope emotions" and seem to exist to suffer.

Am I crazy or does the Chinese government subsidize shipping?

Dude, what are you talking about? 5 troupe all with caresses and fusion pistols mounted in a starweaver are 250pts. The pistols are only 9 pts, you can arm more than 2 guys with them.

I'd consider a recast better than finecast by a longshot.

Run 6 fusion pistols? WYSIWYG is for autists.

I run nothing but Fusion/Embraces on every clown, and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

I love your models dude, I hope your codex does them justice

They are sending their best. Unfortunately their best happens to be the most ruthless and bloodthirsty rapists and murderers in the galaxy.

Can wave serpents fire their serpent shield in overwatch and still hit on a 2+?

My opponent said they could and d3 mortal wounded my dreadknight into the dust.

Something just doesn't seem right to me about it seeings though its not technically a shooting attack and overwatch is always a 6+ to hit.

Appreciate it, bromigo. I'm pretty satisfied with their Index performance. Currently on a 5 game win streak, something I've NEVER done, even if some of them had special situations/minor rules changes(we're running a narrative campaign). Highest win streak before that was 2.

The serpent shield is an ability and you can use it whenever you like, it's not a shooting attack.

Your opponent was right until it got FAQ'd. Serpent Shield can only be fired in the Shooting phase now, Overwatch happens in the Charge phase so it's no longer legal.

See above. Not anymore.

I mean physical parts. There are only 2 fusion pistol's and 2 of their other gun, only 2 embraces and 2 caresses, and a ton of shuri-pistols, blades, and kisses.
Obviously I run all fusion pistols and all embraces and my group doesn't care about little wysiwyg infractions but I really really like wysiwyg'ing

Hey man! Some, I assume, are good people.

Do we have a better version of the index xenos 1 PDF than the shit one that has a bunch of sideways pages out of order in the middle of it?

cast the fusion pistols and make copies same with the melee weapons.

yes, it's in the mega

faggot

Thank god

I've been tempted to use this as a Blaster Archon.

It's not in the main mega, I only see epub shit there.

Any more IRL chaos spawn?

i litterally just downloaded it an hour ago.

read more slowly.

Probably more that shitloads of shipping goes from China to everywhere else in the world constantly so it's easy to find space on a boat for cheap.

I found it, but it was definitely not in the main mega, it was in the other megas list.

I never complained about that
I was complaining that I have 0 relics, 0 names characters and I have 1 troop choice only
also 50% of units must start on the board kind of fucks with deep strike on everything

Can't tell yet if Webway Strike and Cloud Strike are deep strike or pre-game infiltration type stratagems.

I cant wait to deploy a unit of 10 Wraithguard/Wraithblades into the middle of my opponent's army

Ah fuck I assumed that was just the errata file, not the full book. My bad.

Nice tabs

It sounded like Cloud Strike was pre-game infiltrate.

Unsure about Webway.

you're still astra militarum, so you get the generic stratagems and traits and relics, dude. just no regiment specific stuff.

>50% of units must start on the board
Huh? Is this a FAQ or something?

>Thunderwolves are S5 again
>Frost weapons make the same mortal wounds with the damage result in the weapon profile on a roll of 6 instead of a single one
>Old JotWW is back but cause 1d3 mortal wounds on the affected miniatures, 2d6 on monsters and gargantuan creatures

Matched play rules, nigger, where have you been we've all known this since before the new edition was even out

its in the BRB for matched play.

why is this shameful?

>>Old JotWW is back but cause 1d3 mortal wounds on the affected miniatures, 2d6 on monsters and gargantuan creatures
No, literally go fuck yourself

That power was THE number 1 most cancerous thing in 5th edition, it was as bad as invisibility was in 7th.

My gaming group just had a Shit toss about RAW vs RAW. (Shooting, Overwatch, Special rules in regard of these phases, etc). How do you guys deal with it?
How do you speak to them so they stop prattling while at the same time not have them pass on these ideals to others?

If eldar can become broken again I might as well ask for the broken bullshitery too, because balance is a fucking lie perpetuated by idiots

>their face when 10 wraithguard appear behind the tank line

This.

I understand to a point that having three random termies that "count as" obliterators or something stupid is dumb, but there comes a point where I'm not going to buy another box of infantry just to get the exact special weapon i need.

Eldar aren't even that broken, and NOTHING in their book is as bad as a psychic power can just snipe monsters for fucking 2d6 mortal wounds.

That shit was worse than D weapons and stomps. It was the most busted psychic power to ever exist in 40k.

He's a space wolf player you shouldn't expect much.

>Going to buy some Chaos Cultists to add variety to my Guard
>Out of stock online
>Going to buy Howling Banshees for my Golden Demon entrant
>Out of stock online

Fuck

>those point cost reductions for eldar

COMING ALL THE TIME

Rangers and Dire Avengers are so much better now. Scorpions and Banshees are nice too. The falcon sounds viable, but the Fire Prism is still a bit janky if you don't have big things to rip up.

even better

Cloudstrike a Wave Serpent, have 10 Fire Dragons hop out of it, eat something for breakfast, then pop Fading Fire to have them jump back into the Wave Serpent on the same turn

Should I ride my bike 30 minutes to patronize my FLGS or order my shit online tomorrow?

You're on Veeky Forums. You need the exeresciecee.

I had to double check to make sure you could actually embark on a transport during a non-standard move like that, but apparently it totally works, jesus christ.

Well, Cunt, do you play at your FLGS?

If you do, then don't be a cunt and buy there. Otherwise just get it form the intertits.

Or just do what ya like, ya cunt.

>Coven units are hard to kill, and mainly use -Ld to inflict damage.
>Kabal is built around deadly ranged weapons and speed, but a the cost of being fragile
>Cult units are melee focussed and meant to be Horde-y. Great for tarpitting
That and some actual HQs like Duke and the Baron to return

>use -Ld to inflict damage

Nah that's too easy to counter. I want rip and tear covens.

I...I don't play anywhere. Tomorrow there's suppossed to be a 40k tourny at the store so I thought that might be a good time to pop in and check out the local scene.

But if it's raining, then fuck it.