Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

necrons are really powerful and Guard aren't OP edition.

>New Alaitoc Attribute
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=jjZLVBtkpzQ

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>best listbuilder we've got left
battlescribe.net

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x0WQOGVLLGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for guard.

>apothecary pavel, I'm admech

Thanks for all the painting tips guys. I'm going to start trying to drybrush later (will be first time). What does everyone think? Too much?

Would you apply all of the new changes to IG units if they're in a different army, eg. Would a Leman Russ from a Renegades and Heretics list get the new Grinding Advance?

>The madman actually did it
Nice.

Of course, yes.

Canada Dry sucks. I'm willing to fight you on this.

Yeah I posted a few days ago and everyone made John deere jokes, so I decided to run with it. Going to order some of those ogrym dudes (I think that's how it's spelled) and try painting them like hillbillies.

Sweet. Just wanted to double check before I bought some Valkyries and Leman Russes.

Thanks user.

Ogryn

I personaly would apply the changes, don't know about FW though

I wonder when the Dark Eldar dex will be out, considering that our faggy Craftworld kin just got theirs

I half expected GW to errata all the non-guard russes, but they haven't. That being the case no, Renegade and GSC leman russes are a different unit with a different datasheet, so they get to stay bad until they either get a codex or errata.

The same applies to FW russes.

Next year at some point.

> check pre orders
> still no blight hauler
Fuck you GW. None of my shekels until I can buy them

Gonna ask again if any swede is in Stockholm today, and whould be so kind and pick up an extra store anniverary/birthday model that I can buy off them if they go to the GW store today.

>Looking over my list i was happy with
>some user mentioned a Tantalus
>Now have to decide whether it's worth subbing out a 4 man Grot squad and 2 Raiders for it
Why can't i stop tinkering with my stuff?

Which faction's basic troops has the highest rate of fire?

And things like the falchion being 6d3. Then maybe it might sorta be worth over 800 points

>store anniverary/birthday model
What's that?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THESE?

this one, they are only sold in the stores when the store got it's anniversary and today the one in Stockholm is having its anniversary.

>minis inside a fridge

can someone explain me this meme?

Depends what does that means.

If you are looking for the shootiest troop, as far as I know it's the EC Noise Marines with Sonic Blasters.

Are Chaos land raiders any good now?

If the R&C index links to a data sheet outside of the index, yes. There are a whole bunch of units that don't have data sheets in the R&C index, they're just included in the army. You use the latest versions of those, which are the IG codex.

If the data sheet is in the R&C index though, then you use that.

>new Eldar codex
>no new eldar models, or even updated old ones.

PLASTIC FUCKING ASPECT WARRIORS WHEN?!?

Just as I said, rate of fire. Highest amount of shots vs the amount of bodies.

Perfect lighting conditions thanks to the built in light, all white background. The Fridge is a natural studio, essentially.

Emperor's Children, Skitarii Vangard, or IG under Orders.

Here's what they did with teh Death Guard and Space Marine Codex. They made them okay, but gave everyone new great models.

For the Guard and Eldar, they knew they wouldn't update shit and it's not coming anytime soon, so they made their Codex amazing.

It makes your models look cooler.

fucking genius

Then definitely them.

They fire 3 shots each, and can double that with a stratagem.

Why are there two /40kg/s?

>Talking about Eldar
>Not naming the file "Too Much Mon-Keigh Business".

That actually makes sense so I don't believe it.

>Asked this in a previous thread and didn't get an answer. Let's see if I have better luck on the ground floor.
>What's the anthem of the Imperium?

@55985460
"Post a music video" posts are the bottom rung of (you) harvesting. Get a better method.

Coming soon. They aren't releasing everything in one chunk anymore.

You misunderstand. I'm legitimately asking, in-universe, does the Imperium canonically have an anthem?

Only two? Son, we don't worry until the fourth one shows up.

Gods of the New world order?

How stupid is it to load 2 valkyries with 6 of those in each ?

And I fucking told you. youtu.be/x0WQOGVLLGw

But no, it doesn't have an anthem.

Post chibis, OP
I know you are the drawfag.

Did Boba Fett fall to Nurgle? Disney vs. GW copyright infringement suit would be epic though.

Dadmarine haircut

>Answer my holobox when I call and I better not see you with that filthy xeno "friend" of yours

That's 1d6 pun damage to you.

Hm. I may have to get one.

HE DID IT THE MADMAN ACTUALLY DID IT

Yeah, that was a pretty bad one. At least it's not mortal wounds.

It's not really dumb, but a little bit of waste considering how easy they are to kill. Burn once, die right after. Loading up 2 squads of Bullgryn or a squad of Bullgryn and a squad of Crusaders, now that's going to be hard to remove right away and they get to charge after disembarking.

> one chunk
> spread out over now 2 fucking months
user either you are retarded or GW is

They aren't. Aren't. Things will be much more spread out. They said so in their last shareholder meeting.

But Dad, what about Roboute and his "friend" Yvraine?

I'm surprised that no one has put models in the fridge as a pun, like putting pic related in or some space wolves.

>I can just download the codexes for free here
>still end up purchasing the CSM and Death Guard codexes with a 12 month abo for WD

Oh man

I'm on my second 12 month subscription.

They made the guard amazing in terms of balancing and fluffy bits. But I don't know why they took away our Company Commanders with shotguns and other little fluffy details.

I'd rate it a net loss in terms of "Your Dudes" and modeling opportunities and a net gain over the index in terms of raw power. Are they TRYING to make us the new Tau?

How do the 3 flavors of dark eldar compare play style wise? I love the models I just want some opinions on the variants.

shoot little - shoot ok - shoot more

>Kabal
>Very Brittle but can drown enemies in weapons and flyers

>Coven
>'Ard as nails, but slow

>Wych
>Melee, Horde and tarpit

Whatever flavour, remember there's always the Tantalus

You can still give them Shotguns. Just like you can still give them Power Axes and Power Mauls. If there's an option in the index that isn't in the Codex, you can still give it to them.

I don't see how it's a net loss at all. You have a ton of relics and warlord traits and doctrines to make them even more awesome and creative and now you can have your own Ogryn Bodyguard instead of needing Nork. They also made normal Tank Commanders worth it so you don't always want to take Pask. Rough Riders are still there since you can use the Index rules. They also gave great conversion ideas for your own regiments. You have a huge list to pick from to make your army unique to you.

yeah it's pretty nice, too bad the only GW store near me is the one in Stockholm and thats a 477 miles away from where I live...

Arrghhh

>relics are free
>therefore it would be stupid not to take one
this is STUPID

>If there's an option in the index that isn't in the Codex, you can still give it to them
Pretty sure it's if the data sheet isnt in a dex you can use the index, like for a chaplain on a bike. Not the options for something in a dex.

I run a Talons of the Emperor list and would love to build this model, besides the obvious custodes parts anyone got any idea where the parts are from?

I am guessing the body and maybe pauldrons are Age of Sigmar but I am not sure what kit the fists are from.

You're about ten thousand miles closer than I am. I'm going to call a friend and see if he can lower his standards enough to actually go to the store to buy one for me.

>can still field 50 man conscript squads without the random chance to fail orders, because that's an option in the index.

Thanks GW!

Covens look fun, just have to find a conversion base for a haemonculus because that one model is horrendous.

feels bad to live far away from a GW store

Pretty sure this is the base body. Just file off the Khorne and you should be good. Don't know about anything else though.

My GW store isn't having an anniversary.

AoS Slaughterpriest, Custodes helmet and cape, Death Company right power fist and assault squad left power fist.

My current Mono Coven list is the "last chance saloon" for this game. If i don't end up enjoying it, i'm done.
Dark Eldar really are the only faction that appeals to me

The amount of heads/weapons you get to use per kit is pretty nuts, so plenty of kitbash

cheers man

it's based on when it opened where you live.

Well, when you leave the game, don't give up on the hobby. Plenty of other games have better rules. Like Age of Sigmar!

Or consider trying Ynnari rules for your Dark Eldar list. Soulburst is more thematically appropriate as a power from pain rule than the actual power from pain rules, and it's way more fun/good.

flyers would be -2 because you cant conceal vehicles moron

My store doesn't do anniversary celebrations for GW. The store owner is a cheap bastard.

>try to buy space marine stuff off ebay
>bullshit prices for horsecock condition models
>look at eldar stuff because now I'm flirting with the army again
>beautifully painted models for less than 30 bucks
what the fuck

>tau are a shooting race
>their troops can't even hit eldar rangers.

So why are the silent sisterhood all girls anyhow? Do they keep the blank boys tied up as breeding stock or something?

and here I'm wondering when that new codex comes online.

You really don't want to know.

Theyre psykers and conceal works on self

>why are the silent sisterhood
>all girls
I think sisterhood mean girls only so that's why no boys there.

It's a mini fridge

If i could think of a cool theme for it i'd probably give it a go, even though Ynnari have terrible fluff
Gotta give my monster mash at least until the Dex comes out

Blank boys probably get trained as Culexus.

Blankness isn't something inherent. They don't "breed true", it's a random mutation.

The silent sisterhood is a sisterhood because of reasons. Just like the custodes are a brotherhood because of reasons.

Hey guys, thinking of creating a home brew Blood Angels captain called 'Connor Steel'.

Sounds quite badass I think.

well, it needs to be an offical store but yeah I feel you, got a game/hobby store in my town and the owner is a fucking cheapass there too. He says they will order anything I wanted for Warhammer, so I said I wanted them to order the new primaris dreadnought and he said hell no because it cost more to have it ordered then to sell it for like $110 wich is bullshit.

Random mutations breed true. Do you even know what a mutation is?

Doesn't work like that, user.

Girls like to paint Eldar, but they don't play them.

Yes, it does.

If the codex invalidated an option, you can use that option in the index.