Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Dakka edition.

Last >New Alaitoc Attribute
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=EnS1CmgB7ko&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x0WQOGVLLGw
youtube.com/watch?v=iUxkFCBPgx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st 4 guard!

Delete or save for later, go to first

Too slow

Asked this in a previous thread and didn't get an answer. Let's see if I have better luck on the ground floor.

What's the anthem of the Imperium?

youtu.be/x0WQOGVLLGw

How stupid it is to get 12 of those in 2 valkyries and drop them in the face of hordes ?

>12
6?

I demand this thread live.

I wonder how long I have to wait for the Necron codex.

Are Eldar OP again?

>the virgin tyranid player, buys a tyrannofex kit and lazily glues it together like a wimp
>the chad tyranid master, ransacks his bitz box, literally sculpts his tyrannofex out of a mountain of unused parts, some plastic junk and some green stuff, and potently jizzes his manly superglue all over it, all of it while burning it with a lighter

Yes.

that's pretty wicked

Gas the xenos whores, race war now

It looks nice but i looks nothing like a tyrannofex

my friend wants to start 40k by getting into slaanesh

how good are their daemons? ive heard a lot of people say 8th ed daemons suck and i havent played enough or seen enough to determine that so i was wondering if it was true

also are noise marines scary

Anyone picking up the MTO stuff? I just ordered the Farseer and nothing else. How can you possibly resist Rogue Trader minis?

My lgs is streaming a 40k tournament right now.
I check it out on twitch and I see 7 FW Dreads vs a FW Spartan tank.
Makes me want to find a new LGS.

modeling for advantage

I want to get the Warlocks.

>140 usd
>9 models.

I don't even play eldar and I want that shit

So I really wanted to make a 1k List with Scions and an Inquisitor to be fluffy but since I only own one Taurox Prime I figure I'm slaking in Dakka.

I'm hoping with deploying the Acolytes and the Psyker in transports to still allow me to get in a good alpha strike. Any advice? Most of my friends play some variety of Chaos

Noise marines are scary, slaanesh daemon princes out of the Chaos Space Marine codex are good. Some of the daemons might be good as fast assault units or chaff, but daemons as a standalone force are total garbage.

But deldar are good tho

I don't get it

It depends on how much of a douche the dude is. If he drops like 3 commanders at 700pts, you're going to have a bad time because that's what a bunch of BS 2 melta does to people.
Anyway here's 700pts based on what you want:

Archon w/Blaster and Agonizer
Kabalites x5
Trueborn x5 w/Blasters x4
Scourges x5 w/Dark Lance x2
Ravager w/Lance x3 and Shock Prow
Raider w/Lance and Shock Prow
Venom w/Splinter Cannon x2

Probably stick the blasterborn in the venom and the Archon with kabalites in the raider. You can either Deepstrike the scourges, or park then up somewhere. Depends on what you're against.

What are your confessions?

>CSM, Space Fags, Eldar, and Ad Mech all have a supposedly unique faction with the exact same strategic doctrine as every other faction in this list
>8th edition isn't bland.

Since old thread is dying, I'll re-do...
Anyone got an ebook link for Ruinstorm? Not sure I wanna spend anything yet considering how Damnation of Pythos made me want to reread Abyss and Descent Of Angels to get the bad taste out of my mouth.
Also because I want to find out how Sanguinius got a wasting disease

Fuck off if you don't like it. Go make an Oler Edition thread.

I want Slaanesh to be squatted just for the tears.

Is there a bigger proof that America = Imperium?

What is this a reference to?

Is it just a meme? Is that a word bearer and his waifu?

youtube.com/watch?v=iUxkFCBPgx4

When are we going to have the 7th edition threads just like AoS has the WHFB threads?

That's Argal Tal and his waifu, a Custodian kills her so he rips his head off.

Couldn't answer that one, but shit, it might be.
Though the biggest question on my mind right now is how the Lions neck got as wide as his head.

>Is that a word bearer and his waifu?

Argel Tal and Cyrene Valantion, courtesy of ADB, so you are entirely correct.

>3 bright lance Vypers with a Farseer casting Guide on them and Doom on their target cannot kill a Predator
>Laughing_Fire_Prisms.jpg

Superior gain genes?

The lion looks like a faggot

Not him but an epub of Rise of Ynnari: Ghost warrior would be nice

And a fucking mullet. I don't even understand how the art is this bad.

Very considering that would be literally cheating you waacfag

>if you don't like the direction GW is going with blandhammer, you shouldn't mention it at all. Only positive things are allowed in my hugbox.

You won't believe what happened in the novel.

That isn't a tyrannofex.

i picked up the bonesinger and the kneeling ranger
don't play eldar but i'm tempted to start when /if we get a macha model

>Tyrannofex

Medicae HATE it.

Can Psykers cast out of Firepoints?

The Emperor dieded???

Says shoot doesn’t it?

the ynnari get a bigger payroll

The emperor has been dead for 10000 years user. Why do you think they don't let anyone not in the know visit him?

Posted in other thread.

So how do you guys pick an army that you enjoy playing without spending thousands of dollars as you cycle through what you don't like?

I hope we dont get any spammer CWC attentionwhores posting in this thread. I take my life's hobby seriously and seeing people that support that kind of shit is not only offensive, it os straight heretical.
If you want someone to draw you some shitty ass anime knockoff just hire someone with actual talent or do it yourself. We, Warhammer players, are painters and sculptors at heart, so if you are an actual player and not just some shitposter who doesnt even play the game or gets someone else to paint your armies for you, drawing should come by easy enough. I mean, I bet I could give any drawfag a run for his money, if I had a few weeks practice. Easy.
Now, some fag come here and people actually compliment him. Ia he too dumb to notice that all those requests and "cute" comments are ironic? That he is the laughing stock of this place? But even we get tired of buffons, chibifag. You are not welcome here any longer.
I dont care If you get to be OP sometimes, leave. Warhammer 40k is not for you or your kin. I am not alone in this and you know it. You are pretty much an authist If you think anyone would have a taste shitty enough to like those abortions.
Just leave these threads and never return.

Read their rules.

Watch some battle reports.

>thousands of dollars
how do you even manage that?

Any advice at all?

Is he going to be OK?

Yeah, a good army needs at least $3k

......does it?

Obviously an exaggeration, but not a crazy one. Picking up starter packs for three different races could potentially run up to about $350 if someone didn't like the first two armies they tried.

well then the advice is don't be a fucking retard

No, he's dead user. The emperor will never be okay again.

Most art we get will be shit.
Its our curse, user.

Take a look mate

D-dont say that

He's dead. The only thing we can do now is accomplish what he really wanted. An enlightened society not burdened by dogma. I have a brochure if you're interested in reading more about why the Imperium must fall.

I dont see it does but you implied it did. Am I missing something?

DKOK and Elysians get to pick their doctrine.
Definitely Tallarn for Elysians.

What happened user? Guilliman kissed Yvraine?

Eh, why not

Be less poor.

I think that was addressed in a facebook post. With FW this is the best we'll get for a few years until they actually bother to write an FAQ. No doctrines for you.

>Hmm, this hobby seems cool, but it looks like the price for entry is pretty high
>I don't mind paying as long as I enjoy it.
>All the armies play differently too, so I need to pick the army I'd enjoy most first.
>How am I to know what I'd like doing the the most? I'll ask Veeky Forums, they should have some advice.
>"Don't be retarded"

Thanks a ton, so helpful.

Why Tallarn?

they already countermanded that
you don't get doctrines

when i was a kid whose weekly allowance was 0 moneys i proxied units i wanted to try

how does it feel like being more retarded than 14-year-old?

The other person gave good ideas, I know you want to complain about people being mean on Veeky Forums but you shouldn't be a faggot.

The first thing you have to know is that the Imperium's policy on Xenos and Mutants is completely counter to the Emperor's original goals. To be sure, some mutants and xenos, most even, are vile. But, for example, the Emperor was quite in favor of certain mutations like extra arms, and purplish tints to the skin. As far as Xenos go, the Emperor was always willing to ally with xenos when it was in Humanity's best interest, and even taught us to await the coming of a great benevolent xenos force that would eat away our impurities.

Is this new pasta?
Whats CWC?

No FAQ yet and the AM Codex clearly states they do.

Or just tell us? I'm curious is there's rule interaction here.

Outflanking vendettas and valkyries.
No -1 hit penalty for moving fliers with Tallarn.

Doctrines don't work on fliers.

>DKOK and Elysians get to pick their doctrine.
They don't. They don't get one until FW puts out their book.

Is it just me or are Slaanesh players always socially awkward, even by 40k standards?

he's baiting

They aren't in the AM Codex.

>No FAQ yet
We were already told it's coming, why must you be one of those sour WAACfags who insists on cheating just because the ruling isn't in print yet when you know you won't be able to get away with it for more than a week or two. It's just fucking pathetic.

>Goes to Veeky Forums for advice
You'll never guess what happens next

This is the face of the Harbinger that's come to tell you the doom you'll be facing by Eldar WAACFAGS

one of the OPs is a drawfag.
Some other OP hates his shit.
Things got spammy for 2-3 threads, but the drawfag seems like a cool dude, taking requests and all. The user you are replying to is just retarded.

First for eldar are fags

has there been new warhammer weapons in MET AT ARMS: REFORGED

>Can Psykers cast out of Firepoints?
On what transport?

>I dont see it does but you implied it did. Am I missing something?
Stormlord: can shoot in their shooting phase
Repressor: can shoot in their shooting phase
etc.

Not for regular AM. But Elysians do. From the Index:
"Models that have the AERONAUTICA IMPERIALIS keywords on their datasheets replace them in all instances with ELYSIAN DROP TROOPS."

I get enjoyment out of building, painting models and reading/discussing lore.

When I play, making a good Army is mostly using whatever I already own that’s good rather than buy whatever the new meta is.

I have no problem “benching” units since just putting them on my shelf is about 85% of the fun for me anyway