Any settings where science works like this?

any settings where science works like this?

Mage: The Ascension

Lovecraft

Genius: The Transgression

kek

Lovecraft was a person, not a setting.

Lovecraft is the romantic comedy setting made by Blizzard Entertainment.

Doctor Who maybe.

That's not even an equation!

True, but he calls it a formula. The full equation would simply be
walkthroughwalls = jt/jx(a-b)^2*(t+x)^0.5

D&D. Spell prep is based on Vance. Spells work by memorizing formulas like this, and you can only memorize so much at a given time.

"You might be wondering why I need all these scientific formulas. But first, let's talk about the fourth dimension."

Did you... did you seriously thought those were Js? Have you not finished high school math/are you American?

The same could be said of your mom.

Seriously think*
Trying to lecture you and appear the fool myself, serves me right.

>not playing a game of CoC where it's also a fantastic voyage through the body of Lovecraft himself to get rid of the cthulhu's infesting his brain

What's the differential between that and an equation?

Not him. American here, they don't teach us Greek alphabet. I don't know that J looking symbol so I'm going to guess it's... Small Delta? Fuck me.

I think you mean "couldn't".

>the group spends the first three sessions gathering speed

Sounds thrilling

an equation has to use the equality sign aka =

You know, I think Time Wizards might actually work like this.

It's not even a regular letter, it's a curvy d designating a partial derivative.
I only encountered partial derivatives in the second year of my physics degree, so I don't blame people for not knowing what they were.
But why the fuck would you think they were "j"s? Wouldn't you just assume it's a regular derivative?

What the fuck dt/dx? How time changes as a function of location?

So it's DBZ the RPG?

Seems appropriate for an equation that allows transit through the fourth dimension.

D&D.

That's actually how it works in the Cthulhu Mythos, at least according to Dreams in the Witch House, where it's revealed that witchcraft is really just advanced mathematics, and the protagonist gains the ability to travel outside the bounds of "angled space" (i.e. our normal three spatical dimensions) by discovering a specific equation.

To be fair, I am in my third semester of engineering and I also didn't noticed that was a derivative until now (and I really only noticed it now because I just got out of Fundamental Mechanics class), that shit really does look like a J.

>How time changes as a function of location?

This is what's happening in 40k, the closer you are to the great rift, the slower / faster time seems to get, depending on location.

Hey!
I read Lovecraft. I know what I don't know!

Just thought it was a fitting comment

Doctor Sivana, a nemesis of Captain Marvel, aka Shazam! He's a creepy little bastard, and yes, he discovered a way to walk through walls.
If you wanna read some Shazam!, I'd recommend checking out Monster Society of Evil, it's pretty tits.

Sivana is calculating the spin of the electrons in the wall, vs. the spin of the electrons in himself, and has calculated the exact timing to walk through the wall so that nothing runs into anything else on the subatomic level.

Welcome to the golden age of comics.

Seconding this, i know the symbol, but fuck that, it really read like a j.

You mean magic? 'Cause that pic is literally describing magic.

...I for some reason misread it and thought he talked about an equation. Also, those are dts not js.

12 HOURS12 HOURS12 HOURSBUILDUPSPEED12 HOURS12 HOURS12 HOURS12 HOURSBUILDUPSPEED12 HOURSTJ"HENRY"YOSHI12 HOURS12 HOURS12 HOURSBUILDUPSPEED12 HOURS12 HOURS12 HOURSPARALELUNIVERSES12 HOURSBUILDUPSPEED12 HOURSTJ"HENRY"YOSHI12HOURS

Which is the ripoff, him or Lex?

They debuted in the same year (1940), and their similar traits are ones shared by many other mad scientists, so I wouldn't say its a ripoff but an example of both filling the same archetype. And their personalities are very different, Lex presents himself as a upstanding serious guy while Sivana is a cackling near madman.

Want

>TJ "Henry" Yoshi
>"""Henry"""
>""""""""""""""""""""HENRY"""""""""""""""""""""

Lex Luthor can get pretty ridiculous.

>wizardcasts"who'syourdaddy"spell.jpg

Yeah, what the other guy said. DC sued the publishers of Captain Marvel for ripping off Superman, but that was complete bullshit, the two are very different apart from "wears a cape, flies, is strong."
It was a really shitty thing to do, and kind of hypocritical considering the early Batman was a total work of plagiarism by Bob Kane and Bill Finger, who lifted plot and art and other stuff from a Shadow novel, as well as from a number of other sources. (Bob Kane was pretty bad about taking art from other people, mirroring or altering a couple of bits, then backdating it to pretend like maybe these other more famous artists totally stole this pose or scene or whatever from his private notebook.)

what the everloving fuck

FARSCAPE you fools

Pretty much every cape setting.