/40krpg/ General

Convincing d20fags and 3d6sluts of the d% masterrace edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

>Who's making the new 40k RPGs?
ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/
Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.1.2) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
mediafire.com/file/25l7bq3xcqczm81

Mars Needs Women! (v1.3.7) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/bkh1982f96mzs9v

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.16) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/cu99mwnw75sw9y9

What fantastic feats of matrix-fuckery have your characters ever done in combat, /40krpg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamingtrend.com/feature/interviews/ross-watson-lead-developer-on-warhammer-40k-wrath-and-glory-shares-insights-on-the-past-and-future-of-his-career/
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Spectres
1d4chan.org/wiki/Death_Spectres
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really matrix, but we did curbstomp the end of a multi-year campaign, at least in part due to my Kill Marine's shenanigans. We were an Ascension level DH party, after two of my characters died in a row I asked the GM if I could play a Space Marine of equivalent XP seconded to the team. He said yes, and so my Black Shield Kill Marine was born! He was actually pretty average, but of course, as a Space Marine had crazy combat abilities even compared to the rest of the party of badasses. Anyway, we were having our final crazy showdown with a Necron Lord, his minions, a horrible super demon, and some mutant kroot. I basically told the team I'd take the Lord, then proceeded to bust out every single squad ability I had, sprinting forward firing snap shots with my bolter, chucking Krak grenades, leaping across a chasm and finally icing the Necron Lord with a few more well placed rounds. The Necron did get a few hits off, but he was completely occupied with me while the rest of the team was duking it out with the Demon-thing.
While a bit anti-climactic, it was still fun to just totally let loose on the big bad. I think he partially resurrected, and the party's rogue tech priest dispatched him with a quick headshot too.
The campaign itself had been quite harrowing, with a lot of cherished pcs and npcs dying, going through the wringer with little reward or promise of success, so it felt really great that our final battle was a massive curb stomp for the baddies.

reminder that messiahcide, the guy who passed off a bunch of Veeky Forums homebrew, darkreign material, and official material as his own, was made head of reddit's ordo discordia in honor of all the material he "made".

>Your team of acolytes has been dispatched to investigate an animal-mask-wearing death cult on a relatively advanced Imperial world
>Your team of acolytes and another team of acolytes are in a fight to the death, and the best way to do it is push a bomb on a cart into their base before they can push it into yours
>Your team of acolytes is dispatched throughout the system to rob banks and financial houses while wearing entertainer's masks in order to provoke a rebellion
>Your team has awoken in pods on a tomb world to discover that all their past adventurers were in fact a simulation, and are quickly picked up by the small resistance force of organics

I'm tempted to get my old necromunda books and WD issues and try to run a campaign where the players are in charge of a hive gang.

examples?

He grabbed edeldorf's knights, shas's mechanicus stuff, a couple of the vehicles from AaAaA, some weapons from darkreign, some of the radical gear from radical's handbook, and more.

>Your team has awoken in pods on a tomb world to discover that all their past adventurers were in fact a simulation, and are quickly picked up by the small resistance force of organics
That's not matrix-fuckery in combat, user, that's THE matrix.
Reddit stealing content. What's new?

>Your team of acolytes has been dispatched to investigate an animal-mask-wearing death cult on a relatively advanced Imperial world

Do you like Hurting Other People, Acolyte?

hm, sad. got any link?

>kill criminals
>doesn't damage imperial property
>no sign of warpcraft
Carry on, citizen.

>What fantastic feats of matrix-fuckery have your characters ever done in combat, /40krpg/?
Fuckery in combat, Dark Heresy 1st edition: Eldar corsairs boarding the ship the players were travelling with heading for the ship's vault where they guarded spirit stones. In the vault the tech-priest is keeping the doors sealed keeping most corsairs out however some still coming in from side-entrances, the arbites and assassin having a dodge dance with corsairs while the corsair's leader saw a monkey with dynamite, the party psyker.
Ulthyr Ellarion leading from the front engages the psyker who cries for the feral word guardsman to save him. The psyker narrowly survives the caress of Ellarion's power sword and decides that he'd rather not be stabbed in the back he tries to compel Ellarion to give him his sword. It succeeds however the mental fortress talent pushes the psyker to critical wounds and he got a stun result or similar.
Next in initiative, the loyal guardsman rushes in and attacks Ellarion, mono-bladed great sword and manages to cut off Ellarion's sword arm. Ellarion is tough enough to remain standing but must still follow the psyker's command for his turn so he picks up his sword from the ground, prying it from his fingers and places it in the psykers hands. It went downhill for the corsairs from there.

What kind of Exotic/Other army would a radical puritan inquisitor keep?

Can someone post a screenshot of the OW / Hammer Of The Empire rules for the Tanith 1st regiment and sub-regiments?

They're right in the OP.

Is there a good place where i can read about what life is like in the lower levels of hive worlds, particularily Guilder Underhive settlements. The necromunda community edition rulebook is a little light on lore stuff like that and i need it for a Dark Heresy Game

I'm not asking because I need the pdf, mate.

that's a cool table, thanks user.

Your job is not to stop them, acolyte.
We need more good people for the cause.

That has the potential to be pretty rad.
Is there any online trove for Necromunda ressources?

And then some asshole Mortiurge comes along and murders them because they're drawing attention away from him.
If you can find a scan of "Status: Deadzone", it's a collection of Necromunda short stories from back int eh day with a really good feel for what life in the underhive is like. While most of it's about gang fights, there's also stories about stuff like a mutie freakshow, a captain ahab type hunting a giant spider, Goliath initiation rites, etc. The main touchstone is "Old West Townships". Think small collections of buildings made out of scrap metal, gathered around old reservoirs or other valuable resources. People tend to be rough and self reliant, but fearful of all the crazy shit that comes crawling out of the hive. Most of the "average" citizens will be scrap collectors, farmers of various kinds of mushroom (or other weird stuff that grows in the hive) or the proprietors of bars/inns/hotels. The Guilders themselves will have their own buildings, probably fairly well fortified. The town probably has some kind of watch tower in case of attack, but only larger settlements are truly well defended.
For visuals, see if you can find the Kal Jericho comic books. They're pretty fun.

Do it. Gangers would fit well with Dark Heresy's low down feel. Plus, almost no one wears armor so combat will be really fast and brutal. A PDF trooper in flak gear is going to be a serious badass.

I always thought Gland Warriors were pretty cool. Maybe the Inquisitor likes to release horrible viral weapons on an area he suspects is tainted, then send in his enhanced warriors to exterminate everything that survives? Other possibilities could be a band of highly trained and equipped redemptionists, surgically altered with something that can dose them up on 'Slaught at his command,

Dog bless, this is exactly what I needed! For the purpose of my game in the hive i designed all transit between the lower hive and the underhive is tightly regulated, and the only legal method is through a massive square lift that leads to a large guilder town in the Underhive, that town and one major outlaw settlement are going to be my two main hub areas for the adventure but I really need to flavor them up.

I first imagined something along the lines of pure humans of nobility or maybe similar to stormtroopers but reading up on the gland warriors they do sound as a good fit, thank you.

So I decided to splurge a little on a fancy chaos book (pic related) and found out it is the Black Crusade book. I've played WFRP before and this seems simular.
As a DM versed in chaos lore potentially running a campaign soon what should I know? I very much like the competitive aspect and also want to know how to emphasise that.

Less upside down.

Stay aware of backstabbing. If your group isn't into that, keep it as down as possible.
Mixing marines and humans requires high mastery; most prefer monoparties.
The book is full of bugs, and the alignment system is weird.

We don't usually bother with allignment because whatever you're role playing is whatever you're role playing and we rarely differ.
Backstabbing is encouraged and I feel that for the first session it we be people only. This is because I think I'd get annoyed at how nerfed marines would have to be to put them on the same level.
It will be a race to 100 gloryand I'm cool with Nids

I mean the actual alignment to the gods.
It has mechanical benefits, but they're weird as fuck, and it's earned just by dumping exp into god-relevant stuff.

>dumping exp into god-relevant stuff
So are there multilple skill trees then? A generic one and then god ones?
Why is this a problem.

There aren't even skill trees, just skills that you can buy.
HOWEVER, when you buy deep into a single god, you're getting discounts for his stuff BUT the stuff of opposed gods becomes crazy expensive.
Undivided is just buying whatever at average costs, but you're fucked if you wanna build a slaaneshi duelist, a nurglite psyker, or a tzeentchian not-psyker for any amount of exp that's not infinity.

I made an arch-militant that eventually had 4 MIU weapon mounts, each equipped with scourge boltguns and organ grinder rounds, and he used a lascannon in his hands. He regularly one-shot some pretty silly stuff. At some point he was forced to take on a chaos lord which he promptly detonated from the inside out after managing to deal a combined total of 122 damage in the first round of shooting. It's not super matrixy, but it is pretty dakka.

That sounds pretty fluffy to me. I don't have a problem with it.

Except that it punishes fluffy char concepts too and pigeonholes characters into doing a single thing for their gods, which is not even varied between different chars worshipping the same god.

Sounds like you're just trying to powergame. The system is accurately matching the feel of what the fluff should be.

I have killed about 3 Ogryn with a Hotshot Lasgun in 3 Turns while dodging their heavy stubber fire. I should've died but didn't, even after getting hit about 10 times. Took 3 wounds.

Yeah people say these games are lethal, but I've noticed it's just the opposite. Once you're wearing more than a t shirt most infantry fire does jack shit. Just look at only war

Say a cultist shoots joe mcGuardsman with an autogun.

>1D10 + 2 damage
> -4 AP
> -3 TB
So half the time the shot does nothing, and even if it goes through it does 2 damage average. So even if the cultist had magic dice and did max damage every time, it would take 3-4 shots to take a guardman down. And that's without dodging, cover, and getting down when injured

The fun part that I have is that as an Acolyte I've been recruiting guardsmen a little cadre. Those guardsmen are strangely tanky, especially the stuff we've been fighting. But I expect a chunk of them to die fairly soon.

It's not that autoguns and worse weapons are exceptionally lethal, but that there are myriad other weapons and ways that will do the job just fine.

>but that there are myriad other weapons and ways that will do the job just fine.
Such as? Las-guns have variable setting, but that was clearly tacked on by FFG as a patch when they realized that most low level weaponry are reduced to BB gun effectiveness by the most basic armor.

>cultist shooting joe mcguardsman
lowest common denominator enemy my lad

I played a game of Only War were we fought tau and their bastard kroot allies.
Do you know what Tau plasma weapons do to barely armored human flesh? It's not pretty.

If the guardsman are only fighting against cultists, as a progression thing, I would ask the GM where the cultist heavy weapons, daemonic covenants, and, eventually, chaos marines are.

Glad I could help! If you can get your hands on it, "Outlanders" has some good fluff bits too. Generally, the Guilder Town is going to be comparatively well organised and fortified. About as close to "safe" as the underhive gets, but there are still occasional shoot-outs, and everyone goes to watch the pit fights now and again. The Outlaw settlement should be a real shit hole, but also a place where you can get awesome, illegal stuff for cheap and where muties and wyrds can walk at least somewhat in the open. It won't be pure chaos, but your life expectancy is low if you're not scary, well-liked or useful.
I'd also dot a few smaller settlements and homesteads in between the two major areas. Stuff like someone's rotgut still, a small clan of hard working exiles who herd dwarf grox for meat, or a small chapel that's secretly the hideout of a group of rogue pit-slaves would be good places to start.
Basically, think of an "Old West" trope, then jam it together with Mad Max and 2000 AD.

What if I'm playing Deathwatch and fighting Tau? Pulse weapons do fuck all to Astartes, when in fluff and tabletop they're definitely a threat. Speaking of Astartes, bolters do fuck all. If a Space Marine and a Traitor Marine started shooting at each other with Boltguns I'm pretty sure they could empty an entire magazine before doing any wounds.

The problem I see is that everything is one step too weak. Guardsman shooting each other should be able to drop one another in a maybe 3 shots, while shooting an unarmored target should be highly lethal, with 1 shot kills being probable.
Right now shooting someone whos naked with a regular ol' stubber takes 3 shots, and a fuck ton more if they're in armor.

It doesn't match the fluff at all that guardsmen are neigh impervious to almost all of the enemy fire they'll encounter. It's not every day that the muties/renegades/neophytes lug around autocannons and call in traitor marines and purestrains.

In Only War basic enemies should be a threat to basic guardsmen.

Don't be afraid to mix marines and humans, it just requires you to rethink combat engagements. Give the humans something to do in heavier combats whilst the marines are murdering, such as securing a position, collecting an item of importance, giving them something technical to pull off like activating a bridge etc. etc. Of course enemies will want to prioritise the marines too.

I'm going to go poop and then dissect your argument.

Trying to play a judge Anderson esque character in an upcoming dh2 game, preferably with the option of taking sister of battle later on.

Hoping yall can offer some advice as to how to make that work.

Hive, sororita, seeker/psyker advancement if WP meets it or Mystic if it does not

>pulse weapons do fuck all to astartes
Where do you get this information?
The standard Tau Fire Warrior (a troop level enemy) is equipped with a pulse rifle or a pulse carbine Between the damage 1D10+12 and pen 4, the average Tau Fire Warrior should be doing wounds to an average* astartes each round. (*deathwatch astartes are atypical and some can have stupid high toughness)

>bolters do fuck all
SM vs CSM bolt fest
1D10+9 Pen 4 Tearing
average wounds should be around 20-30 roughly
Bad rolling prevents good damage but that is why Tearing is a thing.
>full magazine
>24 rounds
>semi-automatic bonus
Mathematically, this is unlikely.

>The problem I see is that everything is one step too weak.
Are you a Player or GM?
I have been both and can firmly say that I can deftly balance an encounter against my Players. Power Levels are certainly taken into account.

>selective math
Not going to touch this beyond rolling dice is/will/can be random.

>It doesn't match the fluff at all that guardsmen are neigh impervious to almost all of the enemy fire they'll encounter
>guardsmen are neigh impervious to almost all of the enemy fire they'll encounter
You fuggin wot m8? This notion is entirely wrong. Guardsman are considered the meat grinder because they are easily replaceable.

>It's not every day that the muties/renegades/neophytes lug around autocannons and call in traitor marines and purestrains.
I mean, you aren't wrong here. But, from a GM perspective, having ways to constantly threaten/engage/challenge your PCs is not a bad thing.
Are these chaos uprising results atypical? Absolutely.
Are the PCs, be it DH crew, Guardsman platoon. RT team, or ETC atypical?
You bet your ass they are.

>In Only War basic enemies should be a threat to basic guardsmen.
ALL enemies should be a threat to basic guardsman. AND THEY ARE. I'd like to know what your thoughts regarding "basic enemies" that aren't a threat to guardsmen. Seems like circumstantial cherry-picking to me.

As an addendum, my "Horus Heresy" Space Marine party recently fought against a Great Unclean One (a master level enemy).

Two of our members were rendered useless in fighting the beast. It was only through the combined might of my Destroyer's Tenacity and the party's ex-Nikea Librarian that we felled the beast.

Multiple fate points burned, skin of our teeth wounds, etc.

Now, I don't suggest a master level enemy everytime a Deathwatch party encounters an enemy. Just that an could/should/will be above the food chain and come out swinging as such. Elite enemies should/could be on par with a Player Character. Also remember that Touched By Fates is a thing in case you want to preserve an NPC/Make him more lethal.

>mathwank

What happened to ROLEPLAY

My astropath has the Tainted by Insanity background, how do I roleplay an insane person? Hearing voices seems most appropriate for someone who's job it is to listen to the sounds of space, but it also seems kind of overdone

He believes he can hear the Emperor's voice thanks to the soul-bond

On that topic, I suggest watching the movie The Voices by Satrapi. Excellent material for anyone that wants to portray a schizophreniac. Hearing voices, dissociation, it has it all.

roleplay is dependent on the person, faggot, but mechanics provoke good discussion

How do non human races consider mutation?
Do the tau have abhumans (abxenos?) With their speed up evolution thing and the fact that the castes are already subraces, a new one will appear sooner or later.

Did sick death fiend draw that? It looks like his artwork, however I didn't think he even knew or cared about wh40k.

Found it guy's name was warp-zero.

gamingtrend.com/feature/interviews/ross-watson-lead-developer-on-warhammer-40k-wrath-and-glory-shares-insights-on-the-past-and-future-of-his-career/

Y'all see this yet? Sorry if slowpoke.

Huh, not a lot of info that I can see, seems like PR dodging for the most part.

A bit, but it does provide some insights. A tier type system for power levels of play, the confirmation that mixed imperial-xenos parties will be a thing and that they're taking cues from TORG and even 5e. Granted, 5e is blowing shit up right now, so its not surprising you'd want to ape the new market leader.

It doesn't though. All Psychic power is the domain of Tzeentch, which makes sense from a fluff-point. But it gimps any Slaaneshi or Nurglite Psyker hugely, Nurgle moreso. Slaanesh and Tzeentch are 'friendly' (I forget the term the book uses), and so the price a Slaaneshi pays to get Tzeentch skills and talents isn't hideously steep. But for Nurgle, who is the enemy of Tzeentch, you are utterly fucked. If you want to be summoning Plaguebearers and inviting Famine and Pestilence on a world, you're going to fall behind your group who can spend their XP to freely become "Khorne-who-stabs", "Fast-slaaneshi" and "psychic-Tzeentchian". There's nothing close to overlap, and every character who has the same amount of XP will invariably pick up the same skills and talents unless they choose to gimp themselves and weaken their alignment to their chosen god by doing something silly like "picking Medicae as a Tzeentch worshipper". The system will actively punish you for doing this. You end up buying a bunch of skills that you're not going to use, and that's not power-gaming. That's the game punishing you. You want to be a suave yet-intimidating Slaaneshi drug-lord? Well shit the Intimidate skill is Khorne's thing, so you're going to have to pay triple/quadruple the price of a Khornate, and buying a little character-enhancing skill means it's harder for you to gain favour with Slaanesh. Hell, you might just get Curses that destroy your character. Lol kayos

A bolter does an average of 16 Damage with 4 pen. Marines have 8/10 AP, with 8 TB, so an average bolter shot would be doing 2-4 wounds. Most marines have 20+ wounds, know how to stand behind cover, and know how to dodge, so marines shooting each other would be an airsoft war.

>Are the PCs, be it DH crew, Guardsman platoon. RT team, or ETC atypical?
You bet your ass they are.
The problem isn't just that the players are tough, it's that the enemies are too. If the PCs are acolytes in flak armor with autoguns, and they're fighting cultists with the same gear, it too will be an airsoft war. It's inconsistent with the fluff and feel of the game. Mutant rabble is about as threatening to a squad of guardsmen as a horde of angry schnauzers

Lasguns were given variable setting specifically to try and band aid this problem.

Now, this isn't to say that Intimidate must be purchased for your character to be intimidating. You can amass your cadre of dedicated followers, your exploits are well known and you're not crossed lightly. But these things do need to have some manner of mechanical enforcement. Your infamy stat, which can range from Hive-gang leader to Abaddon the Despoiler's friend, informs this. When you have narrative elements given a mechanical basis like this, you have to maintain a level of consistency. This is one thing I like about Black Crusade, and I think it's the only one. The balance of Corruption Points and Infamy. Accrue Corruption too fast and you'll burn out, candle that burns twice as bright and all that. But if you accrue Infamy without Corruption, you're essentially a Chaos-Pussy. You're locked out of enhancing your Psychic powers for one. The game has this interesting concept that, as far as I'm aware, is unique to Black Crusade alone. Dark Heresy 2 tried it with Influence and Subtlety, but the two never really interacted beyond imposing modifiers to your Influence. But BC doesn't go any further than that.

I'm not saying that every Khorne follower shouldn't be adept at murder, because it comes with the territory. But they shouldn't be punished for broadening their horizons beyond blood and murder. There's very little room to build up a believable and interesting character, and then expand him in interesting directions when the most convenient and encouraged option is to buy Brutal Charge and All-out-attack everything. Not to say you can't. But if you do, the rules of the game will say that Khorne is displeased with your lack of faith and will punish you with Mutations that can destroy your character.
I love Tome of Corruption and Black Crusade hurt so much

I definitely feel that post errata bolters are pretty weaksauce. I think they should have gone and made NPC weapons like lasguns, autoguns, and pulse rifles stronger instead of just nerfing marines.

Would best quality cybernetic eyes be able to fit neatly in the eye socket or resemble natural eyes or would they still be things that take up a third of the user's face?

>But if you accrue Infamy without Corruption, you're essentially a Chaos-Pussy.

You NEED to do this in order to keep pace, since the threshold to become a daemon prince is monstrously high, and you get corruption just by breathing sometimes, which outpaces infamy gain. Remember, you need a lot of infamy, but once you hit 100 corruption then it's time to get scored.

It's said in the books the higher quality a cybernetic is, the less intrusive it is. It's logical that best-quality eyes are neater and smaller than lesser ones.

It's because they're limited by what Black Industries did, and keeping in scale to that weapon level. It's a curse the system hasn't been able to shake. We'll see if WanG does it better.

>It's because they're limited by what Black Industries did, and keeping in scale to that weapon level. It's a curse the system hasn't been able to shake.
Can you explain this? Was this some form of executive mandate?

What would be the 40krpg equivalent of a vampire wfrp game?

Eldar?

Black Industries, the department of GW in charge of the RPG, fucked up the weapon scaling. It's because of them that Lasguns do 1d10+3, Bolters do 1d10+5, Plasma does 1d10+6, and all other sort of messes. As Black Industries released Inquisitor's Handbook, they continued to make nonsensical decisions (take the Autocannon, 4d10+5, for example, compared to the Plasma Gun.) which caused things to further collapse. When FFG took over, they were hamstrung. New plasma weapons would ALWAYS remain in that 1d10+6 range, because that's what the original book had, and fixing it would cause the players to scream "power creep", while keeping it the same (what FFG initially chose to do) meant "FFG doesn't know how to balance weapons, plasma is trash." They tried to release alternate patterns and make subtle changes, but that led to the Lathe Worlds Clusterfuck, where fixed weapons in splatbooks completely overshoot the base weapons (as intended) and cause much horror in the playerbase, especially for inexperienced GMs, who wanted to scale against core material.

They tried to start over, and fix all the things in DH2 Beta, but the players screamed once again, "it's too different to DH1!" So weapons were retuned to the earlier standards. That is why plasma is trash, autocannons are the godweapon, and RPG weapon damage increases exponentially compared to tabletop strength. WanG is being built from the ground up, and hopefully it can shed the failure that plagued FFG because of Black Industries.

I'm hopeful for the balance of WanG, but I feel like the theme of the original RPGs will not be held. It sounds like more of an anachronistic, DnD in 40k experience than something more immersive like DH or OW.

The original RPGs ranged from "you were a bunch of rando nobodys" to "You are supermen that can make a difference." It built a sandbox, and dropped you in it. WanG is built from a tabletop perspective, to model specific situations (Eldar Adventures, Horus Heresy, etc) in the new Noctis Aeterna setting. They are completely different games that set out to do completely different things. The only thing that I'm curious about is that Tier system. I've used a similar system in my own games, but they're applying it to entire characters. It remains to be seen, or if it will cause another problem like a 15k XP DH guardsman in Deathwatch stomping everything because of the dead XP problem.

Never used edeldorf's knights, did use shas' mechanicus stuff in a compilation thing. Was part of the Ordo Discordia at its start. Whats your point?

What are your thoughts on Hunter-Killer Regiments? The idea of running in and killstealing everywhere sounds like it's at least worth trying. Sentinel or Hellhound?

I just hope that it'll have support for Rogue Trader games.

>a flamethrower tank
or
>an attack chopper on legs
Do as you wish, but if you take the former, you're a faggot.

Heya boys I need some help with making a custom Death Spectres Chapter in the wonderful Deathwatch RPG.
Mainly with chapter demeanour and the chapter advances

what characterizes them?

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Spectres

1d4chan.org/wiki/Death_Spectres

Here is all the basic fluff, so my basic planning was maybe defensive raven guard?? I don't know

/40krpg/ forgive me for this, but I think I am considering creating a dmpc. I don't want to make an edgelord mary sue, nor am I angsty about my status as forever GM, but I don't know how else I can get my players to really roleplay.
You might suggest standard, non-party NPCs, but herein lies the issue-- Being a deathwatch game, there isn't much room for continually relevant NPCs aside from command person ell.
However inquisitors, watch captains, and tactical advisors: they don't really bring out the sense of camaraderie that really makes astartes unique... more so it is a professional, not personal, brothers-in-arms relation.

What do you think, /40krpg/, am I unforgivable?

>there will never be a rogue trader 2.0

Feels fucking bad, I really thing rogue trader would benefit from a solid rules update

They have the RG mutations, and generally act like RG? So use RG.

>Being a deathwatch game, there isn't much room for continually relevant NPCs aside from command person ell.
Why?

Maybe the new book will work for a RT game. That's their goal anyway

Because Deathwatch is, fundamentally, not a game about dealing with...
>suspects and leads in an investigation, like Dark Heresy
>More relevant and prominent COs and Commissars, like in Only War
>Huge economic, political, and xeno entities, like in Rogue Trader
The Deathwatch kill team derives its role play from its battle-brothers. They are supposed to develop their characters through the discussions and arguments they have and the feuds, rivalries, demeanors, and tactical decisions that come as a result of their chapters. No other entity has as nearly much social sway on a space marine than another space marine.

No. However, I suggest you weave all the characters during character creation: A & B already did a tour of duty together, B saved C life, C is jealous of A bolter drills, and so on.
It boosted roleplaying like you wouldn't believe in my group.

Also chapter serfs (make the cruiser be attacked for more involvment), CAS & transport pilots, even combat servitors, cyber mastiffs and servo skulls if you want to take a pinch of liberty with the canon.

But a DMPC isn't a bad solution per se.
You may make him a specialist character so the players don't feel sidelined.
A non-militant sister might be a good idea: She won't overshadow marines in combat despite knowing her way around a bolter, is very competent in one field, has basically the same gear as Astartes, and can bullshit with Faith power if need arises.
Inquisitor works too but may become annoying due to the power he wields.

Other suggestions that worked for us:
Short flashbacks as warm-ups at the beginning of the game (one fight + one scene, no more)
Making other players portray NPCs and villains (especially useful with psykers and daemons, the other players will bring a ton of nuance in their interaction with the character, when they whisper dark secrets to him)
Occasionally change party members for a mission (because the usual PC is resting or is on another mission). That way they will need to emphatize personality traits to differenciate.

It makes players come out of their shell and participate a lot more.

If I have a Good Craftsmanship Lasgun, and I set it to overload, is it still Unreliable?

Yes. The altered quality takes precedence over the base.

whats a good unit to fuck up MEQs for orks?

Wrong thread, friendo.

fuck my asshole

perfectly fitting pic, tho.

Some homebrew critters for Necromunda. Hope it sparks your imagination.

>playing pious character
>the rogue trader collects chaos artifacts and daemon weapons
How do I not murder him?

>He grabbed edeldorf's knights,
His Knights barely resemble my Knights. The only thing that I can accurately say was probably outright taken was the stats he gave to the Reaper Chainsword and the Structural Integrity of the Knight itself. They're far closer to Shas Knight stats desu.

>dat typo on the Heavy Stubbers qualities

We've got melta tips for hunting lances, you could probably make melta shells, similar to hollow charges.
IIRC Krak warheads are some kind of antimatter, so melta shells are different enough to be interesting and/or hilarious when it's a stubber shooting them

Edit: I just checked, AaAaA has some.

No, Krak is merely a very compact shaped charge. Antimatter and microfusion explosives are quite a bit more deadly than krak.

That seems unlikely to me; krak grenades are supposed to crack (heh) armor via implosive blast, I don't see what else it could be since atomics are prohibited.
And a Krak grenade has no fins or anything to stabilize it, a shaped charge could hardly work.

Hey Shas, what kind of rules are we suppose to use with the Gorgon-Pattern Terminator armor?