Alternative ways to play D&D

> mfw you don't understand the rules for D&D so you spend the next several days making your own that utilize all 6 dice types.

> Download the LibreOffice Document here: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6i93UqPunh4a2cxR0NwNTZPaG8?usp=sharing

Utilising all the 6 dice types in D&D

Equipment is given a letter, ranging from S and between A and E. This indicates the benefit a piece of equipment receives from a stat. The value that is assigned to the Letter is multiplied by the stat that it scales with. The value for each letter is: S=1 | A=1.6 | B=1.3 | C=1 | D=0.7 | E=0.4

For example, if a player had a Strength of 12, while equipping an Anri Straight Sword which has a base damage of 15 and a rating of D in Strength, the player would receive a damage bonus of 23.4 (D: 0.7 x Str 12 = 8.4)

This result can be multiplied further by the number a dice rolls.

A total of 6 letters are used to grade a piece of equipment. This is the same amount of dice in a standard set. The dice used to multiply a result is selected based on which letter they’re paired with.

S (D20) = 1
A (D12) = 1.6
B (D10) = 1.3
C (D8) = 1
D (D6) = 0.7
E (D4) = 0.4

The dice used in this case is a D6 and because the highest number this dice can roll is 6, the first result of 8.4 (The base damage is not included until after the multiplication) can be increased by a maximum of 6 times, which is 50.4. The base damage is then added to make 65.4.
D (0.7) x Str 12 = 8.4 | x D6 = 50.4 { + 15 base = 65.4 }

There may also be a minimum requirement in a particular stat before the player can use that item.

The same applies to a resistances that a character or a piece of armour has to an aliment such as Fire, Electric, Bleed, Frostbite, Poison, Curse, Magic, and Dark. Although the benefits of that each letter carries for a piece of equipment, is slightly different for status effects.
S=0.8 | A=1 | B=0.7 | C=0.5 | D=0.2 | E=0

Other urls found in this thread:

percentagecalculator.net/
trello.com/theworldasweknowit
trello.com/b/wRZ9LRcg/zionism-khazarian-jews
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you're too dumb to understand D&D you're too dumb to make your own system. And it shows.

>dont understand rules for D&D
>homebrew more confusing

what

Armour and reduced damage to Status-effects

If the character or their armour has a resistance to a particular status-effect, it is shown as a letter that represents one of the 6 dice types. The value these letters carry are slightly different when they scale with Endurance. The inherent value of the letter is multiplied by the Endurance attribute and, if the player is using the dice numbers, is multiplied again by the number a dice rolls.
The result will subtract from the damage inflicted from both physical damage (Scales with Strength) and the damage caused by added status-effects (Scales with Dexterity), which are added together.

Body armour, shields, and other barriers will absorb damage if the attack number is lower than its own defence number. If the attack number is higher, then the defence number subtracts from it.
What remains of the attack number will be used to subtract from the characters HP.

The amour (Or other form of defense) may its own HP (Durability), which is subtracted by the attack number first. But this doesn’t scale with the characters Vitality attribute.

How to determine whether an attack hits or misses

Simple:
If the players have chosen to include the possibility of missing targets in gameplay, then the accuracy of long and short ranged weapons is decided by two dice rolls.

One dice rolls a number for the accuracy of the weapon and another rolls for the players evasion.
The dice that rolls the highest number, determines whether the long ranged attack hits or misses.
If attacked from a distance, the D12 dice is used, but at close-range the D20 dice is used, because the chances of long-ranged weapons hitting their mark increases as the user gets closer to them.

The type of dice used to determine what the players evasion is, is decided by the Dungeon Master.

Complex:
The players can also choose to include a maximum carry weight or ‘Weight Ratio’, which can reduce their chances of evading an attack. So if the characters ‘Equipment Load’ (The combined weight of all their gear) is 30% or less of their max capacity, then the D10 dice is used. Above 30%, the D8 dice rolls for evasion, D6 for 70.1%, and D4 when above 100%. The characters max carry weight starts at 4Kg and scales with the Vitality attribute, which allows 4 more kg per point.
This system can also be used to determine which of the combatants move first.

However, each time a players character changes their inventory, their ‘Equipment Load’ will need to be made into a new percentage. This can be time consuming and bothersome for the players.

Attribute (Strength): Ability to wield heavy weapons, armour, shields, and increases damage depending on the letter rating that scales with the Strength attribute.
Two-handed weapons multiply damage by 1.5.

Attribute (Vitality or Constitution): Each point of Vitality adds 8 to the players max HP.
So if the player begins with 12 Vitality (8x12=96) and a base HP of 20, the max HP would be 116. The same applies to the Attunement attribute. It can also be set-up so that each player starts with
12 Vitality but with a max HP of 20 and then have 8 HP added for each point of Vitality gained.
A few extra points can be given at the start, to the players character levels up in a unique way.

8 is 40% of 20 HP
6 is 30% of 20 HP
4 is 20% of 20 HP

A Soft-cap (Diminishing returns per Lv. Gained) can be applied after Lv.40 in any attribute, so instead of 8 per level, it gives a lower return of 6 per Lv. Another Soft-cap can be added again at 59 (4 instead of 6 per level).

Vitality 1 – 40 (8x40=320+ HP)
Vitality 41 – 59 (6x20= 120+ HP) + 320+ HP = 440 max HP
Vitality 60 – 99 (4x30= 120+ HP) + 440+ HP = 560 max HP

Attribute (Attunement): Magic Points (MP) are decided by this attribute and works the same way as Vitality or Constitution. The players gear may also have a letter that scales with this attribute.
Some sorceries such as miracles, pyromancy, ect have a minimum requirement in this attribute.
Another function for Attunement could also limit the players ability to brew potions (Alchemy).

Miracle: A type of Magic that heals or buffs the players character, as well as generate lightning.
Pyromancy: A type of sorcery involving fire.
Charm: Adds certain properties or effects to an object or individual.
Transfiguration: The alteration of an object or individual, both in appearance and structure.
Curse / Hex: Intended to cause harm or control individuals.

Attribute (Endurance): This will boost the players resistance to ailments such as Fire, Electric, Bleed, Frostbite, Poison, Curse, Magic, and Dark. The dice that matches the letter can be rolled to further multiply the defense, as it does for attacks.

Fire: Able to bypass a characters defense number but not the number for fire-resistance.
The rating for fire-resistance is multiplied by the characters Endurance and then again by a dice roll that matches the rating. The grade for fire-damage is multiplied by the Dexterity attribute but doesn’t combine with the weapons attack power as a single number. The damage of the physical attack is calculated first, then fire-damage.

Electric: Deals between two to four times the damage (Depending on the weapon) if the player skips a turn to allow it to charge-up. But this only applies to Electric damage which scales
with Attunement, and not the physical damage, which scales with Strength. Electric-resistance scales with Endurance. As an environmental-hazard, it can make liquids harmful.

Bleed: Certain weapons or spells have a chance to inflict Bleed. This happens when the players character has a certain amount (depending on the weapon) of their HP removed each turn by an attack with this effect and must be done 3~6 times (depending on the weapon) during battle.
Removes some of the characters HP (decided before starting the game) per turn.
The effect can be cancelled out by healing, but this prevents the player from attacking.

The grade of a weapon or attack that scales with Strength, will also scale with the Luck attribute and are combined as a single number. While Bleed-resistance is a combination of the Endurance and Luck attributes. As with other attributes, another dice that matches the grade rolls a number for Luck attribute, which further multiplies the number.

Bleed (Complex): A certain percentage of their characters max HP needs to be removed in a single attack and must be done 3~6 times (depending on the weapon) during battle.
This removes 5% of their characters max HP per turn, but can be nullified by healing.

Frostbite: +7% increased damage for 5 turns, but requires a certain amount of damage to be inflicted in a single turn. The scaling for attack power and resistance works in the same way as it does for fire.

Frostbite (Complex): The characters maximum carry weight is halved, reducing evasion.

Wait what? When did this go from dumbass homebrew to a Dark Souls RPG?

Poison: This is decided by two dice rolls. One rolls a number for Poisoning and another rolls for Poison-resistance. The dice that rolls the highest number, determines whether the character has contracted poisoning. Depending on the grade of the attack, one of the 6 dice are rolled against the D20 dice. The values of both of these dice can be scaled with the Luck attribute and added to the numbers rolled. This includes any gear that offers a grade (Dice value) in poison-resistance.
The grade of this status-effect on a weapon or attack, also scales with the Luck attribute.
This is how much damage it deals after the player finishes each turn, for 3 to 10 times.

Poison (Complex): The benefits of healing is reduced by a percentage, which is decided by the attacks grade. 10% for E (D4 dice), 20% D (D6), 30% C (D8), 40% B (D10),
50% A (D12), and 60% for S (D20).

Curse: The damage from does not affect HP, but accumulates until it reaches the same number as the characters max HP. Then they are petrified (Turned to stone). This cannot be healed in the same way as HP. The resistance and damage is determined in the same way as it is for fire.

Magic: The damage dealt from Magic-damage scales with Attunement, as does Magic-resistance.

Dark: Same as magic, but has a much higher minimum stat requirement in the Attunement attribute.
Players may have less control over the Dark magic they use, compared to the regular branch. Increased gravity so that high ground has more benefit.

Attribute (Dexterity): The ability to wield more complex weapons that require better motor skills, precise timing, and a steady aim. Scales in the same way as Strength, adding an additional bonus to a weapons attack power and fire-damage.

Attribute (Luck): Scales for both the Attack and Defence for Bleed and Poison.
Item discovery?

Dice rolls are used to decide how fortunate a player (Or players) is.
How precarious a situation or area is, or when an outcome is uncertain.

The values assigned to each letter may need to be adjusted, but we'll know once we put it into practice. Any advice on improvements are welcome.

Savage.

What makes it a dumbass homebrew?

>What makes it a dumbass homebrew?
You're translating the rules for an action video game directly into a tabletop rpg while having no idea how they actually work. No one wants to multiply things by 7% at the table.

Do you think you might have like schizophrenia or something?

Don't use a picture of my husbando to start a thread as retarded as this.

If your talking about Frostbite, it says the damage is increased by 7%, not multiplied. I tried avoiding the use of percentages, as it would indeed be a pain.

too complex? do you really need all those formulas? also you are trying to copy DS but your system is lacking the dynamism of the stamina bar and all the risk/reward that comes with it, and without movement based dodge or a more movement based combat the game is going to turn into 5 nerds throwing dice and adding and multiplying the results while chanting random numbers and a major nerd subtracting said numbers from an HP pile that they like to call "enemy"

Are you insane?

How the flying fuck can you not understand the rules for D&D but understand this?

Can you even imagine trying to do this on the fly?

>it says the damage is increased by 7%, not multiplied
How are you handling that, if not multiplying by 1.07?

You can't even make up crazy on this level. Holy shit get help

>S-rank scaling has a worse multiplier than A-rank scaling on almost everything

The people on this board seem strangely aggressive, but somewhat amusing.

hehehe, But seriously how can someone not understand D&D, %e is soooo easy to use.

Look, its against board rules to dig up personal information on someone but you're a pretty easy person to find. I was just really curious what kind of person would do something as crazy as this and some very simple googling uncovered that. Holy shit you are genuinely autistic as hell and I really hope you're getting help with that. I have no idea how you even function in society

If you look carefully, you'll see that S rank weapons use the D20 dice.

I don't know how to calculate percentages. I just use this website: percentagecalculator.net/

One of the goals is to make the most out of the 6 different dice types. Wouldn't finding weapons with better Grades be rewarding?

>doesn't understand basic rules
>makes rules based on needlessly complicated calculations that could in no way be done comfortably in a tabletop setting

You may say to yourself
"It's balanced."

Subjectively, it might be more balanced. I have no idea since I haven't played it. Some people think this is all that matters, and they're dead fucking wrong.

It's convoluted, not compelling. Nor does it look like a full round could happen without a calculator.

tl;dr TABLETOP GAMES MUST BE TABLETOP FRIENDLY

...annnnd of course he's a furry.

he fucking doxxed himself what the shit

>doesn't understand basic math
>smugposts

maybe you should go back

>If you look carefully, you'll see that S rank weapons use the D20 dice
they still do almost the same dmg average of 12 is 6.5 average of 20 is 10.5, 6.5x1.6=10.4, 10.5x1=10.5
>I don't know how to calculate percentages. I just use this website: percentagecalculator.net/
have you ever taken any math class?
>Wouldn't finding weapons with better Grades be rewarding
no, no if I have to do all that math

I don't even know why I am replying to a furry with mental problems

I'm quite curious as to who you think I am. Please enlighten me, I won't tell on you ;)

Maybe it wasn't that couldn't understand them, but more like they didn't exist. To have a game, you need rules, but what is regular D&D but throwing dice for a 50/50 chance at being able to do something or not?

He's also an anti-vaxxer, zionist-conspiray-theorist, pokemon-fucker... I guess my initial analysis of mental issues was correct.

I really feel sorry for you, OP, I hope you delete this thread and get the help you need.

>If the players have chosen to include the possibility of missing targets in gameplay, then
Nah. I choose for none of my attacks to miss.

Dude you linked your google drive which contains your real name and an avatar you use elsewhere

Delete that shit and this thread

They actually do worse damage, because the base damage is *ADDED* after the multipliers, so except at very very low stat values, the 1.6 scaling on A will perform better than the relatively narrow margin between a d12 and a d20.
There's a possibility I'm parsing the first post wrong, though, because his example calculation is horribly written.

you are an aussie furry, pothead, anarchist

>I don't know how to calculate percentages.
Ok.

So "per" means "divided by"
and "cent" means "100"
So, "percent" means "divided by 100"

Now, here's the tricky part:
"of" means "times"

So, "7% of [a number]" means "[a number]*7/100"

Increasing [a number] by 7% of itself, is "is" means "equals"
[a number] + [a number]*7/100

Now lets do some algebra,
[a number] + [a number]*7/100 = [a number]*100/100 + [a number]*7/100 = [a number]*107/100 = [a number]*1.07

You don't know how to calculate a percentage? Consider the plot T H I C C

I think we might be witnessing history here folks

Why are you even analysing this shit? Did you also try to find logical flaws in the fucking time cube?

> Autism Awareness

*deep breath*

HA-

Dude, what the fuck. You have mental issues. Seriously. This is fucking retarded. You are acting stupid and posted personal information onto Veeky Forums. What the fuck.

If I ever had an opportunity to talk to Timecubeguy, absolutely. Finding a perverse pleasure in showing people how wrong they are about something they've obviously spent a lot of time on is very human.

It's not enough to just tell someone they're wrong, he'll just dismiss it like You have to SHOW them how wrong they are.

The fact that he doxxed himself is just an added bonus.

Once people reach a certain threshold of stupidity you will never, ever convince them they're wrong about something no matter what. Just go on /x/ and look at all the flat earth threads.

>Finding a perverse pleasure in showing people how wrong they are about something
You can't reason with a person with mental issues. You can't convince them they're wrong.

I often asked people in the past for help, but I usually just get ignored. I didn't think it would matter if I posted information about myself.

>not good at math
>not liking math

Wow what are you some kind of inept dimwit? Seriously git gud pleb. This is like fourth grade level shit.

Yes

is fine nobody really cares who you are,you are not that important, but before doing anything stupid again, at least try to understand how a d20 system work, also take some math classes pls

Like, a doctor or a family member?

No, I meant for doing research. Like, for the wiki: trello.com/theworldasweknowit

LMAO

at least he's aware of his autism

I like this one trello.com/b/wRZ9LRcg/zionism-khazarian-jews

At the least you gave us something to laugh at, and for that I thank you.

>It will be more efficient for us, who look for credible sources of information, to have our work saved in one place, where it can be seen by others.
Ever heard of a peer-reviewed scientific journal?

>Another Soft-cap can be added again at 59

'Scientists' rely on payment and its difficult for them to tell the truth when their jobs require them not to. It's better for us to look carefully at each source and confirm its legitimacy.

Also, I hear that peer-to-peer science has no meaning anymore.

confirm its legitimacy based on what? if you are picking only the information that coincides with your preset belief under what criteria can you say that said information is true, what makes it better than whatever said "scientists" say?

Half of /x/ is there as a joke.
If you want delusion, go to /lgbt/

Basically. Science has been infiltrated by politicians who know how to trick bureaucrats into giving them grants by telling them what they want to hear. Most studies conducted these days aren't repeatable.

He's literally just explaining the math from dark souls you goblinoids. Hook line and sinker

We know the math is still wrong and doesn't make sense

I used Dark Souls as a reference. Besides the 6 stat types (Strength, Vitality, Attunement, Endurance, Dexterity, Luck) there's really not much else.

Most people who are into d&d end up making homebrew more like this. I mean, this is at least a playable game even though it's missing a few things.
Hopefully it shows you more what an average fa/tg/uys homebrew looks like.

Archive this thread

I want you aren't actually this naive. I want to believe that you're impersonating some poor guy, giving away his personal information rather than your own, so you won't be held accountable for all of this.

my dude, i can understand the rules for d&d even though it's not in my language and i am a total newcomer to rpgs.

how do percentages make things simpler? actually have you even used this at the table? calculating percentages mid-play is a pain in the ass unless you're in the minority who's great at mental math.

>"yeah guys let me get my calculator/load this website and type in the numbers..."

>damage increased by 7%, not multiplied
Wow, I didn't realize this was a Super Smash Bros. homebrew.

Oh ok so you're not a baiter just dumb, got it.

Non ironically, what part of a system with percentile and decimal point multipliers for pnp seemed like a good idea? Genuinely curious.

Have you ever actually played an RPG?

I don't need to do the percentages. I just use this website: percentagecalculator.net/

Not the point of the post you replied to.

>reading comprehension level 0

That's not me. Cool pic though.

If you think OP wasn't going for Dark Souls with the weapons having letters and stat correspondences you're delusional. This faggot just decided to pretend his homebrew is DnD.

It's really obvious to the point where anyone who has ever looked at a Dark Souls weapon profile would understand it, but it's also by far the least interesting thing about this thread, and since the guy has clearly never played a traditional RPG before there's not really much room for real discussion

I was expecting some flack, despite all the work I put in. But to think they would be THIS vicious!

From what I gather, I need to remove any math that involves decimals and percentages. But how is D&D normally played compared to this?

>But to think they would be THIS vicious!
First time here? Also maybe play a few games of dnd.

It's like you tried to design a game while knowing nothing about them or something! Simply reading the "playing the game" (or similarly titled) chapters of any RPG will usually tell you the basics of how dice resolution is done, but there's really only so much you can accomplish when you are going out of your way to not actually learn anything

DnD is a game where you attempt to hit a target number by rolling 1d20+a usually static modifier. At it's heart the math is very simple. Most games central mechanic is very simple.

Your central mechanic uses multiplication, percentages, and scaling dice to figure out what to roll, and we don't even know how your numbers are balances yet. I personally don't think you can have a balanced system based off of your scaling. But then, I can barely understand it off of what you've provided.

This is a trainwreck

Autism awareness and anti-vaxxer? That's an odd combo.

I mean, this is Veeky Forums, if it's your first time here, culture shock is to be expected. I think what's going on is that your homebrew is incomprehensible to us as DnD is to you. Your writing is also hard to parse, is english your first language?

The problem with your system is that it's way too complicated. You can't do those percentages without an online calculator, how do you expect your players to do it at the table? Also, DnD is a d20 system, not a d100 system. If you wanna look at what people've done with d100 percentage systems, check out Call of Cthulhu.

> despite all the work I put in

What work did you put in, exactly?

I've read every edition of D&D, and even in the relatively poorly formatted older editions of the games nothing is confusing enough for you to just *not* understand the game.

Are you using D&D as a generic term for a fantasy roleplaying game, and did you pick up Anima or FATAL or something? I don't get how you can read through a rulebook, not get it, and then "design" the clusterfuck you've presented if you're looking at the core D&D rules. No one is dumb enough to not "understand" 1d20+modifiers.

Like, the whole "SABCD" thing is weeb as fuck, and it looks like you just copied down mechanics from JRPGs without understanding what they do or how they might translate to a pen-and-paper RPG.

It's really disturbing me how you arrived at this motherfuckery. Please, explain yourself.

what is this thread even holy shit

I've constructed a brief timeline in my head to explain this.

> Maitland Gill is born to a middle-class household in Australia
> Early on, he's observed to be weird as fuck
> Doctors diagnose him with autism
> Parents freak out, (probably mother) starts sheltering him from GMOs, pesticides, etc. based on shit she finds in the internet
> Anti-vaxxer ideas fill household
> Mother tells him he's 1) special, 2) highly intelligent, 3) the victim of a conspiracy of profit-driven doctors who gave him autism through vaccines
> Only none of this is true
> Struggles through IT education, graduates but has no real meaning in life
> Can't hold down a job, a girlfriend, etc.
> Pretty standard Veeky Forums young male adult syndrome, where he's perpetually stuck in a state of arrested development
> Mother told him he was special and smart and is a victim, so that must be what's happening
> Looks for the people causing his misery
> Doesn't have the ideological antibodies to fight off /pol/-tier meme ideologies like da joos, globalism, anti-vaxxers, etc.
> Still functionally the same as when he was 12, struggling to fight for the only two things he can identify with: helpless animals and himself

CELLS

I don't like your system.
Don't worry though, I've written multiple rules-systems which I then decided to throw away. Much like you I wrote one of them while I was in a DnD group but didnt really understand DnD.
TTRPGs are a very hard genre of game to do right, and are tragically even harder to get willing play-testers for.
If you're serious about making systems, play, listen, and read a crapton from a variety of sources.
Even if you never make anything that anyone wants to play, you still had the fun and mental exercise of making this, and that's just as good if not better than watching chinese cartoons and shitposting.

dont go encouraging him

I'll encourage whatever I want to, mom.

You need simpler equations.
Decimals, division, and multiplication are not things you should have the player to do every roll.
And realistically, how often is a resistance to dark or electric come into play? And why is magic it's own category?
You also should want minimize the amount of distinct rules that a player needs to know.
These rules may work fine in a video game, but when you're 4 people at a table who have to do the math yourselves and are waiting for the other guy to finish their turn this stuff bogs the game down more than help it.

You also may want to consider finding a preexisting system that looks good to you, then build off of that; rather than try to build from the ground-up.

Have you tried not playing D&D?

Ironically enough, if he'd played D&D, he wouldn't have come up with something so horrible.

Alternatively, you can outright make a video-game.
There's probably something out there that lets you design top-down turn-based tactical rpgs.

He did make a video game. He's straight up using the math from dark souls.

that twisted motherfucker

Holy hell, he is even using his real name to post here. I don't think he fucking cares.

I'm not sure he understands.

Just use a dice chain lmao