You're a party of 3 to 4 level 4 characters with no spellcasters...

You're a party of 3 to 4 level 4 characters with no spellcasters. Your quest is to make 5000 gold within the next 4 days or your adventures guild gets shut down.
You live in a city that's a relative anarcho capitalist society and you have 200 gold between all of you, and the only interesting loot you have is a disabled time bomb.
What do you do?

Corporate sabotage on commission.

>anarcho capitalist
Raid and steal, then blame it on others. They'll be too disorganized to get their shit together and stop us.

Kaiba is such a fuck. It's great.

Buy four thousand 10' ladders.

Break each one in half.

Sell the eight thousand 10' poles, for 1400gp profit.

Now buy twenty eight thousand 10' ladders...

How much ordinance can 800 gold get us in the anarcho capitalistic society?

Technology is at around WWII tech, but the resources are still rare, so a grenade will run you 150 g, and the average pistol bullet costs 5 - 10 g, depending on circumstances.
Biggest thing you could get for 800 g would probably be a grenade launcher with about 3 grenades.

Welp, Artillery's out of the question. How about regular O'l bombs?

Rob a bank by bluffing with the time bomb. Threaten to blow the whole place sky high if they don't give you a bunch of cash

/Thread

>adventures guild
I leave because DM is a shit with no imagination. Adventurers guild don't make sense and never will.

Yeah, security contractors don't exist in real life

Who's repossessing our Guild?
Can we re-enable the Time Bomb?

You don't have 800, you have 200 total.

We use the bomb to stage a hostage situation in the guild HQ. We hold the building hostage, pretending we're monster cultists or some bullshit and create publicity for the guild so people will then fund it through charity after we stage our defeat at the hands of one of us.

Find a bounty worth 5k and take him down

>Guild
>AnCap
No.

I join another guild and make money through it until I can make my own guild.

>Builds a machine to take him to the Egyptian afterlife so he can duel the Pharaoh again.
He really is just the best rich asshole.

>adventures guild
I join a different game with a GM that isn't a hack.

>What do you do?
Let the guild get shut down, start a new guild.

They do. They're just called Security contractors. They're not also tomb raiders or cartography experts.

Companies that do a wide array of stuff are a relatively modern thing.

What's wrong with adventurer's guilds?

Some call them lazy.

Some don't think it's realistic.

Others hate anything that even smells of JRPG tropes.

Others still hate it because "it's just a replacement for you meet in a tavern" and they either love/hate the original.

Some are just trolls that actually don't mind it but just like fanning the flames during the arguments.

>relative anarcho capitalist society

I dunno, slavery probably. Just go round up all the people who don't pay for their weekly Deluxe Police Subscription Package.

If we're in an ancap society, there's no central authority to govern what is and isn't currency. Just cut each coin into 25 pieces and if anyone objects, they're violating the NAP.
>shut down
By who? :^)

Send a projectile at higher levelled adventurers for hunting, as they went onto your monster hunting grounds which violated the NAP

Can't violate the NAP if there's no one to violate.
>murders you, incinerates your body and buries the ashes.

Squatters rights, I know these hunting grounds now.

go on and roll first for your brain not being pulped, and second for you not being in a dazed state from the head injury

These "ten foot poles" have holes in them. I refuse to pay full price.

We enter into the talent show that's conveniently being held the next day, of course.

And wouldn't you know it, the price is exactly 4800gp.

Entry ain't free, private property and NAPS, not equality and gulags :DD

100 gp entry fee ples

I'm all of those to some degree

The real question is, who's gonna shut down our guild? That's violating the NAP.

Fuck.

...Then we later beat up the third price winners for their money.

Why are lovable edgelords such a great archetype?

Fine, I'll sell them at 80% off. Just a silver a piece.

I imagine an adventurers guild as a sort of middle man that puts clients in touch with a party that meets their interests. Farmer Joe goes to the local guild hall, explains his goblin problem, and a goblin-slaying party is hired. The party will have to pay the guild for helping set up the job, of course.