Ork Theatre edition

Last >Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=HbQxiJfn6Po

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Here is one of the top Chaos lists from the SoCal Open. Is this WAAC list?

This is the absolute definiton of a WAAC list.

>tfw still 7/7 salty that Galosengen beats Morty in 1v1 despite being 100 points cheaper and providing huge army buffs

Am I a WAAC Fag if I ask you not to fast roll your D3 damage attacks against my 2 wound infantry? Or if you fast roll, am I supposed to assign the damage dice in the order I see fit?

If you fastroll 1, 3, 3, 2, 1 damage vs a unit of 2 wound infantry.
Player A says, "10 damage, 2 wound Inf, means 5 guys die."
Player B says, "3 fatal attacks, three dead, and two 1 damage attacks means 4 guys die."
Player C says, "1 damage allocated, then the 3 is spent on that first guy, wasting the extra 2 damage. 1 troop dead. Repeat for the other 1&3, 1 more dead troop. Allocated the 2 damage to third model, results: 3 models dead, no wounded."

Player D insists on slow rolling, though, which results in: 1 = 1 wounded; 3, so the wounded guy dies; 3, so another guy dies; 2, so another guy dies; 1, so one guy wounded.

So which player should I be? Does your answer change depending on if you are the attacker or the defender?

What's on your Tyranids Wishlist?

>daily duncan replaced with dank memes
Just remove this cancer

So Veeky Forums seems to despise mixed primarine/manlet armies but what about a force that's made solely using primaris and run using solely manlet rules?
>mfw imagining of the dilemma all the truescale fucktards must be finding themselves in now

damage does not spill over models, 4 models died imo

I try to be Player D, both rolling and saving. everyone at my FLGS seems to be on the same boat, we catch each other on it sometimes cus we all were a bit of fast rollers in 7th, all and all were pretty chill about it though.

I started playing at the ass end of 7th and picked up a bunch of tanks (I play IG) from a friend for dirt cheap, including a Shadowsword.

I've never used the Shadowsword because I thought it wasn't worth the cost going by the index (seriously hitting on 5s after moving wtf) but the point reduction and rule change makes me consider taking it.

What are people's thoughts on IG Baneblade-chassis vehicles, as far as which ones are worth taking? The Shadowsword seems like the winner hands down, no? With the exception of the Stormlord as a mega transport or running the one that makes it so you can't advance if shot by it. The vanilla Baneblade is appealing but seems like it just does not have the firepower when compared to the Shadowsword.

I just threw up a little.

FWIW, heard Smite's getting nerfed in CA to a max of 3 casts per phase, so that's one flavor of cheese off the table.

Guilliman? Are you counting psychic powers?

Zoanthropes' min squad size down to 1 from 3. 30 point Smite and 3++ baby.

Primaris are very well sculpted and realised renditions of a very stupid concept.

The fact that their rules are shit and get steamrolled every time I play against them would be hilarious, were it not for that fact that I'd really prefer my opponent took the game seriously and turned up with a real army I might have to actually struggle against.

Is this still a conspiracy?

This is some high speed, low drag homosexuality.

>Nurgle working with Tzeentch
>Malefic Lords
>Ebin Primarch best buddies
How can one list be so flamboyantly homosexual?

We always roll damage one at a time in those scenarios. Fast rolling everything and then picking out the most optimal way of allocation takes about as long, is more convoluted and reeks of WAACfaggotry, even if you're just trying to be friendly/save time.

The Shadowsword was good and now it's retarded good.
The list goes Shadowsword, Stormlord, Baneblade, everything else. The Banesword is used for removing Fagnus. The Stormlord is probably the best all-rounder because it is also the best transport in the game, bar none.

im ready to fucking just pack everything i bought up from my space marines, and just start painting my death guard because at this point the stress on my brain from trying to think about what kinda army i wanna run without even having played a single real game of 40k in my life. i bought some vanguard veterans today and i dont even want to get the order in now i just want to put work into something that'll be decent on the tabletop and cool to look at. fuckin pic related is my everyday headache rn

Pls rate.
>T'au
Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [70 PL, 1080pts]
HQ
-Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

-Ethereal [3 PL, 50pts]: Honour blade, Hover Drone

Troops
3x Strike Team [5 PL, 64pts]
Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Elites
XV8 Crisis Bodyguards [13 PL, 250pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone
3x Crisis Bodyguard: 3x Plasma rifle

Fast Attack
3x Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 48pts]
5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight
Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight

Heavy Support
-TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 212pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Ion cannon

-XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [9 PL, 190pts]
Broadside Shas'vre: 2x Smart missile system, Heavy rail rifle, Multi-tracker, Seeker missile

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [43 PL, 920pts]

HQ
-Commander [7 PL, 163pts]: 3x Fusion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Shield generator

Elites
-2x XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [7 PL, 139pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone
2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
Stealth Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon
Markerlight + Target Lock: Markerlight, Target lock

-XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [12 PL, 274pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone
2x Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Fusion blaster, Multi-tracker
1x Crisis Shas'vre 2x Fusion blaster, Multi-tracker

-XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 205pts]: 2x Fusion blaster, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Stimulant injector, Target lock
Total: [113 PL, 2000pts]

>>caring what anons think about you fielding two sizes of marines
Do whatever you want, bro. Unless whatever you want is not basing or painting your miniatures, in which case fuck you and everything you've ever stood for.

If they nerf smite like that, they need to make the same restriction for all psychic powers instead of just once per phase.

>indirect GK nerf
And here I thought we were on the up-turn for once. Nevermind.

It should be clear at this point that GW does not have any idea what it is doing.

Go to Hell, Aaron.

Why do that cartoon boy's irises look like buttholes?

Well, that's what you get for buying into GW's primarshits meme.

user you can't blanket nerf an entire phase because one thing was broken. Smite was abused and it should be the one to pay.

Doesn't look bad all in all. Plasma Rifle XV8s being the exception, they're garbage.

What about armies that have lots of psykers but aren't abusing smite.

How many bird beards does he have?

Actually that would be a buff to the psychic phase, because it would allow you to activate and cast a power that isn't smite more than once.

Which you can't do now.

>>tearing your hair out because the invisible internet boogeyman doesn't like what you like
If you thought it looked bad before, I don't think you would have ordered it. Don't let other people dictate your dudes, that's how you end up with army regret.

gun drones that aren't in a fast attack slot are free kill points, don't bother
markerlights on stealthsuits are bad since you can't fire them and the burst cannon
xv8 suits are better off with a third gun over a multi-tracker
commander suits are better off with 4 guns rather than a shield generator
xv88s are inferior railguns to hammerheads, ionheads are worse than railheads, also longstrike is always worth taking
crisis bodyguards are pretty only good if going for the reroll exploit with stimulant injectors, shield drones the fnp warlord trait
tau plas is dissapointing, cyclic ion is better
fire warriors should be 4 teams of 5, shas'ui should take free pulse pistol
pathfinders should take pulse pistols and pulse accelerator drone for strike teams (18" rapid fire is fucking great)
aun'shi is better than a standard ethereal by a huge margin while being same model and slightly more expensive
keel can drop target lock, you want 5 markerlights on him with all that fusion and target lock is redundant

obligatory commanders are more than twice as efficient as crisis suits

yeah well at this point im so already heavily invested into this army with painting it'd be silly to try and start something entirely different. I wanna play badly, BUT my worry is synergy with the units. id rather just use the primaris as truescaled squads but then they'd be next to normal marines and it wouldn't be consistent.

>FWIW, heard Smite's getting nerfed in CA to a max of 3 casts per phase
Oh thank fuck.

You got it wrong, mate. You can only attempt to cast each unique power once per phase, Smite is the only exception in that it can be cast infinitely. Loosening that restriction on the rest of the powers would be a huge step up for psychic armies (and give offensive powers a reason to exist, they're almost always worse than smite).

I heard some user yesterday say that Elysian Drop Troops and DKOK get access to non-regiment specific stratagems and relics due to having keyword.
Is this true?

Does Celestine count as a big "beard"?

I'd actually punch this kid in the face if I came up against that.

Thats no conspiracy, thats a sign.

You cannot fast roll damage rolls. Roll one at a time if the damage is random and the models your wounding have more than 1 wound.

>>BRB FAQ
>>Remember that wounds are allocated one at a time.

You also need to roll for "FNP" saves between damage rolls.

How does he even play 40k with terminal cancer?

Why are death company just more expensive 2 attack assault marines?

Loosening the restrictions on other powers will utterly break Eldar in half, and they're already looking strong.

I'm almost certain the new rules will be "one attempt per psychic power per phase, except Smite, which is 3 attempts per phase" and that will be that.

The whole point is GW wants people to stop taking armies of all cheap Psykers and start using Psykers as SUPPORT elements for their actual Troops.

I expect Grey Knights and Thousand Sons will get some specific exception to the rule just for them.

No

If Eldar are broken under those rules, it's a problem with eldar point values, not a problem with those rules.

Oh, and the answer would be three die and one with 1 wound remaining.

No, it's a problem with psychic power rules.

You aren't supposed to be able to take a whole fucking army of psykers unless you literally play an army like GK or TS where every unit pretty much has to be a psyker.

Most armies would be too strong with 3 powers per turn. Triple gate, da jump or warp time isn't something I'd want to be facing down.

If Eldar want to spam Smite, they can. Spiritseers are about 44 points, and Wave Serpents full of them (which can also deep strike if they wish thanks to stratagems) could almost be point-efficient if you wanted to exploit Smite.

Same could be said about Smite

What's also part of the issue is that currently CP reward you for taking the spammiest FOC (all HQ, Elites, etc) and then spamming the shit out of those spammy FOC. You even get CP for spamming flyers for crying out loud, wasn't the whole point to discourage spammy armylists?

Does anyone happen to know whether it's statistically better to use Morty's multihit profile with putrescent blades and just hope for barrels of wound rolls of 6 or just stick with the big thwacky one for vehicles, big tau suits etc. off the top of their head?

how is this list?
The aim is for it to be waac-y
csm+chaos lord jump in rhino
everything else moves up as a deathball of rape with cultists screen

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [14 PL, 250pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Iron Warriors

+ HQ +

Warpsmith [5 PL, 78pts]: Combi-bolter, Flamer, Mark of Khorne, Meltagun, Power axe

+ Heavy Support +

Maulerfiend [9 PL, 172pts]: 2x Magma cutter, Mark of Khorne

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [42 PL, 623pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 88pts]: Mark of Khorne, 2x Plasma pistol

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 78pts]: Brass Collar of Borghaster, Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 80pts]: 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, 10x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon, Mark of Khorne
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 80pts]: 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, 10x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon, Mark of Khorne
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Space Marines [9 PL, 80pts]: 5x Marine w/ Chainsword, Mark of Khorne
. Aspiring Champion: 2x Chainaxe

+ Elites +

Helbrute [7 PL, 132pts]: Mark of Khorne, Power scourge, Twin heavy bolter

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 85pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher, Mark of Khorne

++ Spearhead Detachment (Chaos - FW Heretic Astartes) [30 PL, 627pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought [14 PL, 288pts]: Butcher cannon array, Greater havoc launcher, Hellfire veil, Twin heavy bolter

Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 339pts]: Grav-flux bombard, Grav-flux bombard, 2x Hellflamer

++ Total: [86 PL, 1500pts] ++

>Run Catachan Guard
>Run Straken with a Priest and 6 Infantry squads
>Pretty let down by WS4+ and 3 S4 attacks each
>Look at Marine assault squads, Reivers and Death Company
>Realize what I have is good
>Feel bad for Marine players

That's another reason for exactly why they're nerfing Smite to max 3 attempts in CA, which is a godsend for the overall health of the game.

How's my list?

Astra Militarum - Battalion Detachment

(2x) Tempestus Prime
-- Command Rod
(3x) Scion Squad
-- 2x Hotshot Volleyguns
(2x) Scion Command Squad
-- 4x Plasmaguns
(2x) Taurox Prime
-- 2x Hotshot Volleyguns, Taurox Gatling Cannon, Storm Bolter

Astra Militarum/Imperium - Vanguard Detachment

Assassinorium - Culexus Assassin

(2x) Primaris Psyker
-- Barrier, Shroud
(2x) Crusader Squad
-- 10x Crusaders
(2x) Ministorum Priest
-- Chainsword, Las-pistol, Autogun
(2x) Gryphonne Pattern Chimera
-- Turret Twin Heavy Bolter, Hull Heavy Bolter, Pintle Storm Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment

Grandmaster Voldus
-- Hammerhand, Gate of Infinity, Vortex of Doom

Apothecary
-- Warding Stave, Gate of Infinity

Paladin Ancient

Paladin Squad
-- Paragon - Daemonhammer
-- 2x Halberds (or Falchions, haven't decided), Hammerhand

You get fuck all CP for spamming the FOC slot detachments, except for the super-heavy one which is prohibitively expensive. They aren't the problem.

On one hand, you're right, and spamming cheap psykers for better points-per-wound than just about anything else needs to be curbed. GW didn't seem to properly weigh the value of damage that ignores all three of hitting, wounding and saving, including invulns.

On the other, the casting restriction makes psychic feel so gimped. I'd rather they impose a stacking -1 to cast on every successive attempt at a power in a phase. That's a good balance between spamming powers and kneecapping them.

>What's also part of the issue is that currently CP reward you for taking the spammiest FOC (all HQ, Elites, etc)
That's not true at all, those Detachments are terrible for CP. CP reward you for Brigades.

I didn't think smite was that bad until last night when I got gangraped by smite spam. Nuked half my army off the table turn one, then took the other half apart in the second turn. I literally could not get within 10" of anyone on that table.

Why not just remove malefic lords like kebab? Are there other psyker characters so cheap with full smite?

Spiritseers and primaris psykers.

It's a pretty bad attempt at being WAAC. It might be fun to play against though.

>alleged nerf somehow gone from rumor to conformed fact
Boy this playtesting sure happens fast.

Use the big profile.

How much of an asshole am I for bringing 13 custodes with sword and board and celestine as my list for a 1k points each patrol detachment only team tourney?

Even with GK and their gimped smite it can already get a little silly

Damage is delt to models, not units. 3 models die. The rules make this specifically clear and mention that only mortal wounds are an exception to this rule as they do not deal damage.

1, 3, 3, 2, 1 results in the first model suffering one unsaved wound and surviving. The second shot results in that model suffering 3 unsaved wounds and dying because it has only 1 wound. The third shot deals 3 unsaved wounds, killing a second model. The forth deals 2 unsaved wounds, killing a third model. The fifth and final shot deals 1 unsaved wound, leaving a model with 1 wound remaining.

>most armies would be too strong with 3 powers per turn.

Actually, since the only armies that wouldn't be buffed are Tau and Necrons, I think it's okay. Those factions would need a buff to compensate, and eldar might need to be toned down (but that's true anyways, the codex is fucking ridiculously OP.) Those are the only real balance issues, and it would help to diversify the game by making more stratageies viable.

The reason 8th edition is spammy as fuck isn't anything to do with CP. It's that there isn't enough diversification of roles within and between codices. Since every unit in a codex is so similar, with almost no unique use cases, it's extremely easy to pick the most generally efficient unit there is (conscripts for example) and go hog wild, with very little risk of being "countered". If you want to see diverse, less spammy armies, you have to hope GW will start using the codices to make the units within them more unique.

Malefic Lords are getting a points nerf but that's not enough, IG can do the same thing and apparently Eldar can now too, ML are just the worst of them.

Honestly nobody should be arguing against this. If your gameplan relies on you casting 4+ smites a turn your army is spammy, unfun shit.

You're a swollen asshole, but not quite a gaping asshole.

>>alleged nerf somehow gone from rumor to conformed fact
>Boy this playtesting sure happens fast.
I have a knack for telling the bullshit rumours from the legit ones. This one sounds absolutely like the kind of thing GW would do in CA.

You will not win but you will never be tabled.

That said no fuck off. Celestine is for Sisters only.

GK are fine. Maybe if you went full PAGK spam you could do some damage, but at that point you're deep striking as much of your army as possible, making chaff a literal hard counter.
If you aren't, you don't have enough units to spam Smite anyway, because their other powers are so useful.

Power Axe, Axe of Blind Fury, or Chainfist on a Termi Lord?

Never fast roll for damage against a multi-wound unit or when shooting rapid fire overcharged plasma.

you don't really save time by doing it.

The eldar waacfagers are already coming. I canceled an auction I was running for some eldar models today, and the winner got extremely pissy with me for forcing the refund on me. Sent me a lot of abusive text messages.

Looks like Eldar are gonna be the new guard which were the new tau. Guess I gotta deal with waacfags co-opting my faction now.

I don't see how having more access to the most powerful powers makes more strats viable.

What would make me raging, gaped, prolapse asshole tier?

I never play unless its a team tourney thing, but my usual partner bailed on me so I'm gonna fuck his day

Im paying at minimum 17 points for an assault marine with 2 attacks (3 on the charge) with a 6+ FNP. It is awful and of course they are a bullet magnet

So you've just admitted to either making it up or else eating up the bullshit of your fellow anons with glee. Moving on then.

Some people are really looking forward to the Necron codex. I am one of them.

Who's up for a battle report? Alpha Legion (cunningly disguised as Black Legion) vs. the Armageddon Steel Legion.

>Actually, since the only armies that wouldn't be buffed are Tau and Necrons, I think it's okay. Those factions would need a buff to compensate, and eldar might need to be toned down (but that's true anyways, the codex is fucking ridiculously OP.) Those are the only real balance issues, and it would help to diversify the game by making more stratageies viable.
Some armies have psychic powers that are far more broken when spammable en masse than others. Any army with cheap psykers will just spam the shit out of them.

1 per phase limit, with 3 smite, is a really good system, as long as you have your Codex powers.

>the codex is fucking ridiculously OP
For what reasons? It's far, far less offensive than Guard, and I say this as a Guard player myself.

I dunno. Smite seems critical for trash armies with no anti tank like tzeentch daemons and thousand sons. Gk to a lesser extent.

How can a walker go on an upper floor? They're not infantry.

Well for one, Ork players don't use Da Jump, because jumping in a single unit of boyz is asking to get a single unit of boyz murdered. If they can jump in multiple units, suddenly it becomes viable thanks to ork morale mechanics.

It makes non-smite damage powers finally viable. It makes high WC charge powers finally viable, since missing your roll or getting denied no longer completely eliminates that power from strategic contention that turn.

The Black/Alpha Legion set up in a defensive formation around the terrain available, expecting to go second. To my surprise I stole the initiative on the first try. All heavy weapons opened up immediately, bringing down two Chimeras and wounding a third. A withering fusillade of fire greeted the Bullgryns as they piled out of the lead transport, and they were summarily annihilated.

I'll level with you mate
my friend is not that good at 40k and I'm he's going to pick up the two FW dreads since he wants a more competitive list, I designed this list to be a waac as possible with the models he owns.
also by fun do you mean shit? or just like it's a solid list that could do ok in casual and optimised (not waac) lists?

What the hell, why are you playing on the floor?

WHERE IS MY DAILY DUNCAN

You poor thing. And yes I would shoot the shit out of them too. If it makes you feel any better, my beefy infantry squads are also bullet magnets and rarely reach combat with more than a few bodies. S4 AP0 fists scare people every time.

I wasn't the guy that posted it, but I bet 9 to 1 he's telling the truth, this is the exact kind of the thing the FLG guys leak and sounds a lot like the kind of changes General's Handbook brought to AoS to get shit under control.

>cancelling an auction in light of the codex buffs
No user, you are the WAACfags.

Besides Eldar are only going to be the new Tau because Tau themselves are shit and all their cancer players jumped ship.

My GK could pull off some crazy shit if they're allowed to cast Gate of Infinity more than once. I could then make a list where the half of my units that start on the table don't have to be Interceptors in order to teleport my entire army just outside of 9'' of yours at the end of my first movement phase.

Ignorance, mostly.

Don't worry Necro-user, there are dozens of us, dozens!

Shadowsword is a niche pick, but against anything that can reliably eat most of its damage it out preforms even russes per point. It's still a decent tank hunter even when you blow 28 wounds on a predator.

Hellhammer is the only other one which stood out, it's just a straight upgrade from the baneblade and can put a serious hurt on anything in the game with 3d6 s10 ap-4 ignores cover attacks. It also has a demolisher cannon and an autocannon like the baneblade, so if you're going to go all-out it's got the most options. It also has 1 lasgun listed in its weapons in both index and codex, so enjoy the feeling when you pull a hail Mary with that the once it will happen.

Of course I canceled the auction in light of codex buffs. I didn't want an obvious waacfag to benefit from it.

I've lost my faith in humanity a little.
But it's a tournament, so whatever.

If I paid a shit to of cash to fly across the country to play in a neckbeard tournament, I'd be like a Japanese soldier in Nanjing as well

any relic weapon but the axe

The Guard retaliation was swift and brutal. Infantry piled out of the transports and set up a firing line at exactly 18”. The Valkyrie swooped forward and deposited Scions in front of my Predator. Between the massed volleys I lost both Havoc squads and a few CSM, though the meltas whiffed badly against the Predator so the Scions charged it. One died to a lascannon on overwatch.

More terrain pieces than tables because of Armies on Parade.

It would just be sad if that means my TS want to take even less psykers. I already run out of things for my sorcerers to cast as it is, and TS sorcerers are too expensive for just another smite cast.