Power Rangers RPG

2 1/2 days until the Power Rangers Hyperforce RPG series begins on Twitch.

Anyone else psyched?

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can I get a rundown on this?

One thing I'm not entirely clear on -- is this RPG system going to be released commercially or was it a custom brew created for the Hyper RPG channel after the 17 day Power Rangers marathon on Twitch proved so popular?

>Animal themed

Official Power Rangers RPG set in the year 3016, a sequel to Timeforce. Jen, the leader of Timeforce, dragoons a squad of newbies into undertaking a mission across space and time -- including visiting some classic PR eras.

We are getting a whole 'season' of the series, consisting of 25 3-hour sessions broadcast weekly.

Saban is treating this like it's own pseudoseries. It even has its own theme song. (Does anyone recognize the monster behind the Game Master?)

clips.twitch tv/AffluentSavoryMartenKAPOW

>Official Power Rangers RPG set in the year 3016, a sequel to Timeforce. Jen, the leader of Timeforce, dragoons a squad of newbies into undertaking a mission across space and time -- including visiting some classic PR eras.
Sounds horrible. Could have been interesting to have it be it's own story, with it's own set up and everything, but it's just another PR spin off project that can only cling to the past parts of the franchise

Meh. Paul Schrier is playing one of the Rangers, so I'm giving it a chance.

>Just another remix of the original power ranger's theme with some really uninspired lyrics
What a surprise.

Sounds like I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of pic related.

I won't unless I hear good things about it. The costumes look dull and don't even fit the Timeforce/Timeranger aesthetic, the plot, as I said, isn't attempting anything unique, it's going to piggy back on the nostalgia of the old shows (likely Saban pushing them to do so) and I don't want to watch them play an RPG and have their characters likely geek out over past ranger teams in game.

All I know is this: They have 25 sessions to destroy the Quantasaurus Rex and rebuild it. If they fail to do so then I will be very upset.

>it's going to piggy back on the nostalgia of the old shows
So par for the course for last, like, ten years.

Would you rather it try to piggyback on the popularity of the new shows?

I'm also willing to give it a shot. Can't be worse than Critical Role, since it doesn't have nearly enough backing to cause more normie cancer to flood in.

That and Paul Schrier is a really cool person, and Time Force Pink was a really awesome ranger. She won the females bracket of that Morphin Madness popularity poll for a reason. Building something off of her is a neat enough idea.

What the fuck are these animals. Theres no coherent theme, it looks like they just picked random shit. Pheonix and Cerberus are extra ranger material, not main team, unless the rest of the team was made up of mythical creatures.

Exactly my problem.

I'd rather it not piggy back on anything, I'd rather it try to make it's own story. It's an RPG, they could do any kind of Power Rangers story they want, but they go with a Timeranger sequel focused on revisiting past Ranger series.

The theme is greek myth

So, are they just going to release the rulebook, or what? I want no part of their fanfiction faggotry. I just want to make my own fanfiction faggotry.

>Meghan Camarena (popular social media personality, Strawburry17)
Why would they get some social media personality for an RPG campaign?

Well alright then, not sure how Greek Myths fit with time traveling, but at least they aren't as random as I thought.

I also want this rulebook for my own (vastly superior Kamen Rider) fan fiction faggotry.

Yeah, that part lost me too. Maybe they'll explain it.

But that's what the series does every year--a standalone setting. Making it a direct sequel is actually a treat.

And unlike Timeforce it looks like Hyperforce will actually travel in time.

I could figure out a rider game. Its the cooperative mech combat that i want figured out for me.

Keep the dream alive, tokubro.

>Making it a direct sequel is actually a treat.
Not really. They had a chance to have a completely original PR series, rather than relying on a Sentai series'. It would have been great to see Saban fully supporting a completely original Power Rangers project, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

Also Timeforce traveled through time, they weren't Dr. Who though, it was their job to keep villains from fucking up time, not play around with the time stream.

The original "Galaxy Rangers" pitch reel tied the heroes to the zodiac constellations. It's a callback,sort of, to the series history.

>But that's what the series does every year--a standalone setting. Making it a direct sequel is actually a treat.
The first, like what, four seasons of Power Rangers were all one story line, with Zeo, Turbo and In Space being sequels to Mighty Morphing. Dino Thunder was also something of a sequel, since it involved Tommy.

Right, so 80% of its 20 year history is a series of disconnected islands with little or nothing tying them to their adjacent seasons. I find the prospect of s sequel fleshing out the 31st century a lot more interesting than adding yet another standalone island.

Plus, this is being produced because the PR marathon on Twitch had monster ratings. So it's an inherently nostalgia-based project, more so than most tie ins.

>so 80% of its 20 year history is a series of disconnected islands with little or nothing tying them to their adjacent seasons
Other than the crossover episodes, you mean

The crossovers haven't been used to build meaningful connections or a more coherent universe for like 9 years-- and even that one is debatable.

I'm fairly excited. Fan of the Power Rangers, Paul Schrier tends to be pretty funny, and the system, at least from what they've said about it, seems interesting.

I could be wrong, but I think a chunk of the winners of the Morphin' Madness were heavily voted on so that the US would get Gokaiger/Super Megaforce ranger keys of them.

They were asked this and basically gave a "we don't know, we'll see". It's probably going to depend on how the show does and if Saban thinks it's worth tossing in more money so that they can get the rules into a spot where it can be published (even just digitally) and sold. But it was mentioned that the system was based off of another homebrew RPG they made for their Pacific Rim show; so if nothing else, between the two shows's episodes it should be do-able to reverse engineer all the mechanics down the line.

Same reason something like Dice, Camera, Action does; casting the net into different fanbases to try and bring together an overall bigger audience. Going down the list of the cast, you've potentially got young kids/new Power Ranger fans, YouTube people, Twitter/Instagram people, old Power Ranger fans, and anime fans. It's basically a marketing move.

It was both for keys and a popularity poll. Titanium Ranger definitely won because it was the only way we'd get a key of them made, though.

>2 1/2 days
That's Oct 24 6:00 PST for anyone who doesn't want to do math.

The monster behind her is Bones from Super Dino Charge, a monster of the week who saps courage. He reappeared after being destroyed.

Maybe he plays a role in the first campaign? Otherwise they just picked some footage that looks cool.

>Blue Ranger doesn't get to play the Blue Ranger.
Why?

He's getting to live every blue ranger's wildest fantasy.
He gets to be red.

He's the only actual Ranger playing the campaign so he gets to be Red.
Maybe he's campaigning to be the Red Ranger in Power Rangers All-Stars?

I hope Paul gets a custom helmet made.

>>little Timeforce arrows on the shoulders

This pleases me.

>pink is phoenix
i know it's not intention but it's a neat