Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1821: Shameful Ships Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg
youtube.com/watch?v=q5FcKAe4M1w
pastebin.com/siiS3cM3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you redo the math for how much strength that is?

DID SOMEBODY SAY SHIPS!?

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

Mythical Creature Perks:

Longevity (100)- Not quite immortality, but close enough for any reasonable person; you are extremely long lived. It’s quite possible that you’ve been around since the dawn of time. Though you still age, it will take an extremely long time for you to become feeble and even longer for you to actually die from your old age.

Glamour (200)- Not all of the mythical creatures are content to hide away in the darkness, even if they are content to let the humans rule the surface. Rather than striking back against them, they would join them- living together in their cities, seen, but unseen. A glamour is a combination between a magical transformation and an illusion. It guises inhuman creatures, giving them a human size and shape, while still allowing them to use the various aspects of their anatomy. This often looks weird- a large mouthed creature would appear to unhinge its jaw like a snake if it tried to open its mouth all the way, for example- meaning the being that uses the glamour must remain careful, even as they walk around freely in broad daylight.

Hidden Kingdom (400)- The Magical Races have all hidden themselves away, creating magical communities and secret enclaves all over the world, with the largest being in New York. This requires no small amount of magic; both for hiding and keeping these places hidden, secure, and safe. You are now capable of creating similar places- hidden from mundane means of detection, and all but impenetrable without the right key or phrase to get in.

>Shameful ships
How can I be ashamed of ships with fluffy tail

Magic Smithing (600)- The Golden Army, the Crown of Bethmora, Nuada’s Spear… such relics as these are beyond the ken of humans. But you can not only understand their construction and the magic behind them; you can create wonders of your own. Self-repairing golems, magical artifacts that control them no matter the size of the horde, spear tips that inch ever closer to the heart and cannot be removed by mortal means and much more are possible for you to create now. Though, getting all that gold might pose a problem…

Didn't need to, it's pretty intuitive. It just raises the multiplier past normal human ability by three orders of magnitude more. So it's 1.18E19 times normal human strength instead of 1.18E16 times normal human strength. Either way, still not enough to destroy an Earth-sized planet with a punch. Planets are surprisingly durable, at least if your aim is to leave nothing behind. Damage it so heavily nothing will ever live there again? Sure, that strength boost is enough for that. Outright destroy it? Nope, needs to be a billion times stronger than this. Gravitational binding energy is a bitch.

I think there might be a reason humans are the only half-anything.

Hey, Jumpers.

Do you have a nemesis across the chain? Or something you despise completely and utterly? Why?

So what is your current Jumper like anyway? Bonus points if you can explain it with a pic.

Because Half-Elf/Half-Orc girls are super cute?

>inb4 Tera or OAA shitty art.

Hey, namefags and other Jumpmakers, if you were only allowed to spend your vouchers in this on Jumps you've contributed to the community or helped on, what would your build look like? Any anons who have helped out a lot, I want to see those builds too.

>Forgetting half-dragons
Dragons are the only species to fuck other species as often as humans do.

it'd be shit.

Okay; wasn't complaining, just making sure.

Makes sense, in both cases...can we limit our own Apocalypse to whatever world we're currently in? Whether it's a planet, Reality Marble, pocket dimension, afterlife, whatever?

youtube.com/watch?v=q5FcKAe4M1w
Does anyone know any jumps that have a passive barrier similar to Doom's in this clip?

>Exile/Avernum
>Far Cry
>Inheritance

Well, it would suck. Because my jumps suck. I like the settings, especially of Avernum, but the jumps themselves are shit.

I put them up for adoption for a reason damn it.

My memory is too shoddy to say what jumps I've been a help on.

That's probably why every human in DnD can just take sorcerer if they want.

The Light of Destruction, which fits both categories perfectly. As for why? It's a narcissistic cosmic horror that loves mind raping and corrupting people to worship and serve it, all for the sake of its' own ego. It's like YHVH, if you removed any of the extremely few good parts he has. There is no redeeming element to the Light of Destruction. It's sadistic, arrogant, and loves to break the spirits of those it wants to enslave before robbing them of their free will and turning them into terrible people.

You of all people should understand that all other races find human's sexiest. How many species of waifu do you have?

Cool, good talk user.

I'm the black hearted snowman from Hell! Whether I'm just towering over people or towering over cities, I'm large and in charge, and I'll bring my reign of icy terror to all worlds!

22(maybe 28) Different species.
Depends on if halfies(half demons and the like), or Vampires/Werewolves count as separate species from human.
And on if Goddesses from different universes count as separate species.

>if you were only allowed to spend your vouchers in this on Jumps you've contributed to the community or helped on, what would your build look like?

Was trying to do this earlier this morning and just found myself unable to choose. I only made one voucher choice over an hour, though by the end of this month I'd probably be able to decide on another two vouchers. Maybe?

No, they definitely said ships.
Though there's nothing shameful about THIS ship.

QUESTION: What motto does your Jumper live by?

What if you punch it with that much force WHILE moving that fast?

I've been trying to break this shit down all day but it's a lot harder than I was expecting it to be.

Do Good, Have Fun.

The Good Doctor: Always forward.
Decade: For her sake.
Me: Forcewalls are for pussies.

Question about Entertainment Subsidized Vouchers, do we actually have to deal with the drawbacks, or do we just get the points? Because it's going to be a little hard to do the drawbacks in any of my jumps aside from Generic Children's Television in our world...

"When in doubt, blame the elves"

"Fall seven times, stand up eight."

"Stand alone if you must. But you must stand."

Every story needs a Big Bad something or other. So why not be the Biggest Bad of all?

Also, for my Infernal.

My Right to Rule is Divine! AMMY STOP TRYING TO REDEEM ME!

To live as I please and die a senseless death, that is who I am.

Pick a chain and I've got a few.
Main chain has two so far - the Tiger-Faced Monk a la Wuxia, the masked martial artist waging a war against all that fate and the heavens would decree for mortal men. And Meatwhacker, an Uruk, who will soon come to rename himself The Butcher after a much-needed intelligence buff, and will eventually discover the destiny above all other destinies that Jumper has ahead of them. The Butcher is going to wage a war against this destiny and his place as a cog in it.

The Son's chain so far has slain their way through multiple of their Rogue's Gallery. Right now the only nemeses are the rival Mashiko (a voodoo thief who's willing to do anything to get ahead), Mindbird (yandere psion), Sanitorium (sanity vampire), Sticky Fingers (adhesive-manipulating burglar with the worst luck imaginable), and Katyusha (foxy Russian sniper). One of the fallen, Professor Herculaneum, is due for a reincarnation in Generic Isekai eventually. No fillers for the other slots yet.

I believe the supplement covers that with this part.

>DRAWBACKS set initial conditions once all selections have been made, with all ongoing enforcement waived. The Benefactor will not respawn or protect returning opponents, initial attitudes can be changed, handicaps can be overcome. Scaling opponents have a fixed power determined at the time in the selection process you take the drawback. They are NOT fiat backed, but will also not be removed or fixed by the Benefactor after ten years. You are NOT the Jumper user; the Jump never ends.

Ah, I see. I'll think of something, in that case. Thanks for pointing that out, user.

Let me get my ducks in a row here.
Made:
Redline, Changeling, Problem Sleuth, Elona, Disney Princess, and Gargoyles
Contributed:
1 item to Swat Kats. I suggested the drop-in's car item.

Did I miss anything?

"Do it anyway."

Live

Yeah, it's just me again.

Oh, Speedforce Unity lets you do tricks like the infinite mass punches or vibrational explosions that the Flashes can do, it definitely offers immense destructive power. But that's not actually why I want planet-busting strength. I Will Surpass God from Soul Eater makes it so that any rise in your physical strength corresponds to rise in your spiritual strength, and vice versa. I want as buff a soul as I can get, and making myself physically super-strong and benefiting from that perk seems like an easier way of going about it than meditation and spiritual surgery. I was hoping that being 66 billion times faster than light would correspond to a ton of strength, but upon analysis it's not that huge an amount. Well, it is huge, just not huge enough for me.

>Sanitorium
Hey, I remember you! You were asking for ideas for Rogues, and I ended up giving you the idea for a sanity stealing villain named Sanitorium. That was a few months ago, wasn't it?

Yep. He's been a REALLY effective villain for Wren so far, so big thanks for that one, man.

No problem user, glad he's been a good antagonist for your Jumper. Any particular stories involving him you want to share?

I got you man

>"It's not about what's right or wrong. It's about what I can live with."

"This is not gonna be my final day."

Maybe look into copying Thor in Marvel Magic? He can hit someone hard enough to open a wormhole and crack a nearby planet accidentally just from the shockwaves.

"As long as you can still truly smile, you're doing good."

Alright guys. I've been thinking on something. If, and this is a HUGE if, I decide to update/redo/whatever my Avernum jump. Because I'm considering doing so.

Would you like to see four origins, with two trees each?
IE Drop-in 100, 100, 200, 200, etc.

Or would you like to see four origins, and four classes, with one tree each.
IE Drop-in 100, 200, 400, etc
Wizard 100, 200, 400, etc.

>Fire Emblem Jumps
>Yuki Yuuna Is A Hero
>Heathers
>Hamtaro
>Wadanohara
>The Witches
>Oxygen Not Included Gauntlet
>Kingdom Come

Gosh, I don't know what to really choose to be honest. I'd definably choose best boy Lewyn as a companion, though!

" I am humanity's hopes and dreams. I will persist like I always have, and I will hope like I always have."

Option 2. Origins & Classes.

Option 1, please.

Four origins, four classes. Just to be nicer to the drop-in-onlys.

... huh. Hmm. Y'know, I can't think of any. Incredibles has a forcefield power, but it requires deliberate concentration.

Though this is Doom. He's definitely the type to pretend his active defence is a passive one.

Oh also the more expensive Reincarnation option in God of Highschool. The character it's based on casually carries around a staff so heavy that when it's tossed to a character who can physically stop a planet from crashing into another planet, it rips both of her arms off.

Option 2, kindly. More variability.

Yeah, Reincarnation would easily get me what I want...but I'm kind of trying to avoid buying it. There are a lot of things I want in God of High School, and if I spend 2000CP on a single (admittedly awesome) perk I won't be able to afford them. Even the 1000CP version is probably too much. I only think about getting Reincarnation when I'm idly musing about having infinite CP, musings that inevitably lead to the thought of "nah, that would be boring".

Human Perks:

Have Courage (100)- Monsters, demons, madmen and worse; all exist in this world, and yet you’re just one mortal being. It can be overwhelming, and even the toughest people can succumb to fear. But not you; while you’re not exactly fearless, your fear doesn’t get in the way of your bravery, letting you act in spite of your fear without being hampered by it.

Pure of Heart (200)- You might not think you’re pure, but it’s obvious to anyone who can see (or read minds) that you’ve got a heart of gold. You are absolutely unfettered when it comes to being yourself and your friendship brings out the very best in other people, because you inspire them to be the best they can be and to try even when it seems like they’re powerless.

(400)-

What Makes A Man, A Man? (600)- It’s not his origins, or they way he came to life. It’s his choices; not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them. You know this truth; you are unbound by any prophecy, fate, or destiny that might be forced onto you. Not only are you immune to these things, but anyone else you decide to work with is, as well. They may have been born a demon and a destroyer, but with your help they can become a savior and a hero.

These are primarily based off of Myers, Hellboy's agent friend from the first movie. Any ideas for a good 400 CP perk for them?

You Will Never Be The Jumper:
Premium Vouchers:
50 or Less: Cosmo [Saint Seiya]
100 or Less: Distant Sky [Rurouni Kenshin]
200 or Less: PSI [Mother: Cognitive Dissonance]
300 or Less: Renaissance Boy [Lyrical Nanoha]
400 or Less: Tangled Webs [Exalted: Solars]
600 or Less: Falling Down [Heaven's Lost Property]

Platinum Vouchers:
50 or Less: Game On! [Kamen Rider Ex-Aid]
100 or Less: Stopwatch [Heaven's Lost Property]
200 or Less: Cordless Computer [Kamen Rider Ex-Aid]
300 or Less: A Pocket Full of Quarters [Captain N]
400 or Less: A Very Nice House [Madoka Magica: Wraith Timeline]
600 or Less: Game Maker [Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 3]

Drawbacks:
I had an awful idea but decided against it. None for me!

I have my priorities in order, I think.

As a note, the four origins would reflect the major factions in the setting
Drop-in would be Adventurers, with perks/items based around what the actual PCs of the games do
Avernum would be...Avernum, based around the underground civilization itself. With surviving in harsh environments, building up power with few resources, and expertise at guerrilla warfare.
Empire would be the Empire. Lots of control over things, backstabby politicing, high tier magical items, etc.
The fourth I'm not sure what to call but for now let's call it "Third Party". Based primarily on the Sliths(tribal lizard people, who are surprisingly good at magic) and the Vahnatai(cave dwellers who hibernate for thousands of years at a time, and have some pretty crazy stuff going for them)

The Classes would be based on the four major archetypes of the PCs.
Warrior, Archer, Priest, Mage. But with perks and items based on characters in-universe, rather than just relying on what the PCs are capable of.
Maybe a fifth class, for being a Leader of some sort, based on the King and the Emperor respectively.

Mind you these are just ideas I'm throwing out there, and I might not even do this. I don't exactly have a lot of confidence in my ability to do it.

>it's an actual card

Nothing too special
I got the chronicler, who is a not too sane schoolgirl capable of making everything she writes come to life from her notebook and she really has a talent writing gory monsters, Daguva member of a previous tribe of humans who transformed into monsters and looks to prove his superiority by murderirng the strongest being in the multiverse and lastly Chacha own bad luck, which I believe it is my greatest enemy in the chain.
"If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong." or "Even if my life is full of hypocrisy, I'll keep on striving to be a hero of justice!"

And here are all the other perks that I've got so far: pastebin.com/siiS3cM3

>The character it's based on casually carries around a staff so heavy that when it's tossed to a character who can physically stop a planet from crashing into another planet, it rips both of her arms off.

So, Jumpers. How did you react when you first realised the jump you were in ran on different physics?

No, not that it had magic or ki or gods or whatever - that physics itself was different. Whether it was that the constants weren't the same or absolute zero was attainable or the fundamental forces were "strong nuclear, weak nuclear, electromagnetism, gravity and awesome".

"Ah fuck I can't believe you've done this."

Mecha settings are fun. They shouldn't work at all, even if you solve all the construction problems and keep their huge target status from getting them killed instantly, ground pressure should make it impossible for them to walk. But inn mecha settings, they work just fine in all sorts of environments, and I love that. Who doesn't dig giant robots?

"Damn Daniel"

Fun. Times.

Justice likes to discuss things like this with his friends already, the exact...repercussions of a universe running on a different set of physics, so he has ideas.

Your options are:
1) The Pokedex is made by 10 year olds and 90% of it is wrong, or
2) Physics in the Pokemon world is a klein bottle of madness as interpreted by a drunk.
There is no middle ground.

You think thats dumb? CHECK THIS SHIT OUT

>Star
>Almost no clothing
IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING KILL LA KILL REFERENCE!?

"Use your heart to tell your brain where to walk, use your brain to find the pathway there.

and when the moment finally comes that both would fail you, madness and instincts will suffice."

>Almost no clothing
Are you seeing the same pic that I am seeing?

The dude is wearing almost no clothing. Or at the very least a very skimpy top.

Dude 90% of his body is clothed

His top is absurdly sultry but he's clothed

>Or at the very least a very skimpy top.

Seriously dude, it was a joke.

I was a second guy and it was a pretty lame joke

Look, this isn't even my problem, but don't you guys think you're splitting hairs here?

>Metal Gear Solid
>had taken FOB scenario, and Venom had stolen something from my Warehouse-rig.
>counter-infiltrate to try and take it back
>it was the Songstone Composer, but that's not too relevant
>the first few guards I find have blockaded the central oil-rig, but the barricades are set to prevent people leaving it instead of entering
>they don't even even shoot me on sight, they're just looking exhausted
>I see why right as I pass the barricade
>Miller's just sitting against a wall, twitching and staring off into space with a dazed smile
>Ocelot's crawling around on all fours
>loads of other soldiers stumbling around the complex, alternating between different tones of mumbling or screaming
>lots of blood, yet few bodies
>one's yelling for his mother to stop yelling at him, he'll be a good boy
>start heading into the main complex
>there's Snake / Ahab, doing paperwork-
>no paper, but he's still writing plenty on the table
>ghost past him, get a very familiar scent and hear a voice
>that explains everything
>there's Sanitorium - no. He's too sane right now. It's Jim.
>the same Jim I met in Gotham who donated to a mental hospital out-of-state, for his son's schizophrenia
>got fultoned to Snake's oil rig and they were going to try and recruit him, completely unaware
>he's conflicted, happy to be lucid, yet he sees exactly what effect he's had on the Diamond Dogs.
>tfw he's ready to be locked up, to avoid hurting anyone else
>tfw I promised I'd help him and still haven't found a way.

He doesn't always show up in a jump, you know. It's a rare occasion when he does.

I just asked if he was seeing the same card as I was

Where can i get something like the Discipline Collar from Codex Alera?

I usually don't notice it too badly.
I mean, I NOTICE IT, given that I've taken it upon myself to collect ALL sorts of knowledge. I actually have a huge list detailing differences in physics systems per dimension in my warehouse, and a bunch of different designs for toasters all across the multiverse, but other than keeping track of what physics system works where and easing transition into new areas, it doesn't REALLY effect much of what I'm doing other than some particulars in cause and effect.
Mechs work fine, you just have to reinforce the fuck out of them so they don't collapse into their own joints and can pull their own feet out of the ground. Magic helps. I mean, it doesn't do anything about the "holy fuck that is a big target" status, but you weren't driving a mech to dodge shit.

But, it did come to a head when I actually went to Gurren Lagann, because I was on the WRONG end of Spiral Energy. I was a Beastman. Beastgirl? Some kind of catfox hybrid girl. I hung out with Viral a lot. He's dreamy.
But I decided to try and stop the stupid unfluffy humans a couple times, and my calculations were PERFECT... per normal physics systems. Per normal mecha settings? No, not even that, I actually took into account the energy progression of spiral energy, and made allowances for it. And they just busted through them. I hurled... SHITLOADS of robots and rallied some of the more disorganized Beastmen into helping me, and they just busted through... ALL of them.
There'd be, like, this moment. Where it seemed like they were on the ropes. And then Kamina would just start yelling some bullshit, and the next thing I knew I'd be screaming over the intercom.
> "NO! YOU FUCKERS!! THAT IS NOT HOW PHYSICS WORK!"
> "YOU CAN'T JUST -NOT CARE ABOUT PHYSICS-!! SHUT UP!"
> "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR SPIRIT! GO FUCK YOURSELF!!"
They ended up fucking STRONGER THAN CANON, because they had to surpass me. It was such fucking bullshit!

I'm gonna have a field day with all these crafting and willpower perks.

...wow. That's...wow.

>Konata ends up finding enemies who can not only legitimately challenge her, but actually cause her to have a breakdown
Congratulations, Konata! You've graduated to Full Time Villain! Now all you need is a "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE" and "DAMN YOUUUUUU" and you'll be all set!

Is there a geneforge jump? I want to create life and watch it spiral out of control as my creations too learn to create life, and their creations, ad infinium.

...why would you do this to me.

Humans are huge perverts.

We do indeed.

Yes, it's pretty great.
Geneforge has been my "fix all" for biological problems since the day it came out.

>Centaurs
I imagine every centaur in the vicinity of this scene just got filled with seething rage and an urge to kick an elf in the face.

"It's not stealing if I eventually return it."

>seething rage and an urge to kick
That's all Centaurs, all the time