Tau are still OP edition

Last >Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0 [Open]

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=HbQxiJfn6Po [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Which codex is shittest? I vote GK.

Guiliman should only be used in fluffy Ultramarine detachments

>try to peel Horrors off a Superior Objective with a shitton of heavy flamers
>Horrors squad gets BIGGER

gucking Tzeentch.

How does this looks for beer games ?

+++Krieg Brigade (9CP) 1212pts+++

1 Death Rider Commander
2x Field Officer

6x10 DkoK (1Flamer,1Vox)

4 Death Rider Vet
2x4 Dkok vet (Std, Vox, 2Plasma)

3x5 Death Rider (1PlasmaPistol)

3x Earthshaker Carriage

Death Korps Centaur

+++Tempestus Batallion (3CP) 787pts+++

2xTempestor prime w/ rod

3x5Tempestus Scions (2 Plasma+ 1 Plasma Pistol)

2x4 Tempestus Vet (4Plasma)

3 Taurox Prime Gatling/Hotshot/Heavy Stubber

TOTAL : 1999pts, 12 CP

You are correct.

Inb4 some retard says AdMech when they're actually doing amazing. The AdMech Codex has its flavor problems but in terms of viability it's way up there with the top performers, and yet people keep spreading the misconception that it's trash for some dumb reason.

>Primarchs should only be used in fluffy Apocalypse games of 3k points or more
FTFY

I dont get what exactly is so shit about it?
I've been doing great with my Knights since the drop

Ehh, I wouldn't say it's way up there but it's definitely viable, just a bit monobuild. There's a handful of changes I would have liked them to make but oh well. Also I really hate that Stygies and Mars are really the only two dogmas you see people taking regularly.

>Just found out about the Tantalus
Welp that a new centre piece for my army, i can only imagine the filth my list would be if i was running mono Kabal instead of Coven

That looks fun. Does that mean you have like 24 Riders? 60 Infantry. Good. Good.

>I dont get what exactly is so shit about it?
Nothing that's my whole point.

There's a bunch of stuff that could be improved in terms of flavor, though.

Wait, what about the Tantalus? Is something going on?

Thats true
I'd kill for some synergy with Inquisition

Just an option to drop the tactic and keyword to get

A change to GK terminators, Purifiers, and a reason, just any, to take a Librarian would be great.

Kataphrons are still retardedly expensive, a couple of the FW dogmas and stratagems are shit, Rustalkers are shit, Rangers and Vanguard price change was nice but I'd still love to see the old rad poisoning rule come back and for Rangers to get a natural -1AP. It's not bad but there's a couple of issues.

As much as I like the codex don't pretend it doesn't have problems.

Don't they have to spend reinforcement points on the new horrors?

Here's the rules user
Now imagine it being full of Dark Lance Scourges or Trueborn and being supported by Voidravens and Razorwing Jets

This is much better than my restriction

Lets say a friend in china helped me for the rough riders.
Thats after i bought the carriages from fw tho...

Do people actually set their // to a custom keyword or do people just set it to one from the book and then fluff them how they want?

I wouldn't judge you if you bought them legit. Death Riders are fucking awesome. I want to use more Rough Riders in my army, but converting them the way I did my current 5 is a huge bitch.

At least you get some spice for dealing with daemons, Deathwatch get neither any synergy with the Ordo Xenos or any special rules about aliens.

which is?

Alright faggots. I'm tired of anons talking shit about AdMech. I want a list.

>Why do people say AdMech is shit?
>Why ISN'T it shit?
>what does a competitive list look like, and how does it do against other competitive lists?

If i were going to play a Blood Angels Successor i would use the Blood Angel Keyword but still follow the restrictions of things like "I am not allowed to take Dante because i am not actually Blood Angels."

Yes.

the Thousand Sons player had no less than 240 reinforcement points dedicated to disgorging impolite numbers of Horrors any time they were confronted

That loli is wasted on you

No primarchs outside of fluffy armies. Like if you bring Magnus you must bring Thousand sons etc

I'm aware of the rules, I'm asking if they updated it's points or something. Is 3 Tantali with 3 vanguards of 3 archons and 15 Trueborn with blasters for 40 darklight shots per boat still viable, or not?

For anyone interested about ulthwe vs altiaoc for wave serpents i just ran the numbers.

Wave serpents = 14 lascannons to kill
ulthwe serpents = 17 lascannons to kill
altiaoc serpents = 18.75 lascannons to kill (outside 12 inches)

Tonight I did 27 damage to a single predator, because I was fielding Ryza Kataphrons for the first time and slightly underestimated the amount of firepower each one would unleash

Only 6 of them were actually aiming at the predator.

If you play your own custom creation: set it to whatever you like.

If you play an official faction: set it to the one in the book.

If you're a fucking faglord who should kill himself: you play an official faction but set the keyword to the wrong one because that one "fits more" (is more bullshit powerful)

What's on your Tyranids Wishlist?

Thats some serious dedication

>austrailia

I love math hammer autism. I've never needed that many Lascannons to kill anything.

GW made it so that if you set it to a non-custom keyword, you have to use their paintjob. But because you can't force people to paint a certain way, everyone just uses standard keywords to access the characters instead of using a custom keyword.

Like non-blue non-Ultramarines who are because they want Guilliman.

viable melee army. loads of carnifex's. new gaunts that arent holding guns. new hormogaunts that look cool

Well it's only 350 points per boat, but from pretty much very DE site recently they've been auto including at least 1.

That list does sound fun, but would get so broing quickly
>And that's half your army dead in the first turn user
>ite bye WAACfag

well there aren't many things as resiliant as a wave serpent.

predators take like 7

Run 2 dunecrawlers and 5 robots for 1k points. For the rest of your army, fuck it and just get something with an omnispex.

That seems reasonable

I don't know or care who she is. Your waifu is nothing more than a reaction image to me.

>i don't understand math

Wasn't there a lot of fluff around Primarchs ignoring their legions cause they were too busy doing daemon stuff?

>I don't actually play

I guess we both have our issues.

>i use loaded dice

You realize that calculation is for attempting to kill it in one go right. Even just settling for killing it in two turns halves the numbers of lascannons you need.

People who considered running Warcon as a """strategy""" are whiny

I'd imagine most Tantali would be downed turn 1 due to the threat it poses. I frequent the Dark City (.net) and I don't really see anyone proposing it as an auto-include. I do see meme lists of Aeldari in twin spearheads of only reapers and ravagers lead by farseers, but nothing really FW heavy outside of that.

Ogryn bodyguard worth taking to protect Pask + Tank Commander from wounds?

you can math hammer and play games.

To be fair, aren't like 80% of Chapters UM descendants?

You can, but no one does and you certainly don't.

>SPACE MARINES GET 500+ POINTS OF RAZORBACKS (nevermind that they always took 300 points of non-offensive rhinos/pods instead) SO IT'S FAIR I GET 1000 POINTS OF WARGEAR
>DONT EXPECT ME TO MODEL ANY OF IT THOUGH LOL

Why the fuck are they so durable? I thought Eldar were glass cannons.

More like two third.

>empirical evidence vs. statistical

How to build ogryn? regular ogryn, bullgryn, bullgryn with maul?

Man, the kid from Home Alone is doing really bad nowadays

If you're an UM descendant, you use your chapter name as your keyword, not .

The rules literally say you can't use Ultramarine characters unless you're ACTUALLY Ultramarines with some dumb explanation like "Azrael only leads the Dark Angels, not any of their successors".

The point remains valid.

serpent shields reduce damage done to them by 1 and they have 13 wounds. Give them -1 to hit or 6FNP and it just keeps improving the numbers of shots to kill them.

Not the Wave Serpent. It's always had a reputation for being indestructible, from having armor equivalent to a Land Raider's to ignoring all hits that could destroy it in one shot.

SM formations were annoying too, but that is irrelevant
>MUH PLAN REVOLVES AROUND 500 POINTS ADVANTAGE
or however much they saved on the wargear

Keywords are great, it helps you spot the WAACfags immediately. Their paint doesn't match their keyword? WAACfag. They use a custom homebrew but use official keywords? WAACfag.

Well then I can see why people would use counts-as smurfs for non-smurfs. It makes no sense for an Ultramarine successor to be any less psyched to see Galosengen than an actual Ultramarine.

> play 8th edition
> BUT IM NOT A WAACFAG I SWEAR!

>implying the WAACfag would have his list printed and formatted nicely
>implying he would let you read it

XIIIth Gyaro: Shout "GO! GO! GO! GO!" whenever you spend a command point. On a roll of 5+, that command point is immediately refunded.

See the problem isn't Successors using keywords. Its fucking a Dark angels army using Keywords to use Girlyman.

Bait aside
It is annoying to paint up as some sort of and have your army style match a different better

For comparison a plagueburst crawler takes 17.5 on average.

True, but the DC isn't really full of WAACfags
I'm just using it as a fire magnet so it give my Talos time to run up the board

Plus due to wording Haems make it T8 :^)

We really do need some flavour in our Dex though

>play
>BUT IM NOT A WAACFAG I SWEAR!

finally a /40kg/ meme i like

>"So what chapter tactics are you using?"
>"Oh you'll just have to wait and see!"
>"Dude what the fuck."
>"I'm not telling you which unit is in which Rhino either. You're just going to have to guess!"

Can you mathhammer out how many hits an Iyanden Serpent can take before its statline starts degrading? I'm interested in seeing who does mech better, aside from the obvious Alaitoc pick but fuck -1 to hit.

My usual list is something like
30 vanguard in squads of 10, two with plasma and omnispex, one with arc rifles
two ranger squads with snipers and omnispex
two dominus
an enginseer
three dunecrawlers, two neutrons and the third I rotate to fit my fancy
3 taser dragoons

The rest of the points I rotate different units in and out of depending on what I feel like running. I've been trying out a different dogma each week since the codex dropped and I've done reasonably well.

>>"I'm not telling you which unit is in which Rhino either. You're just going to have to guess!"
Oh god i forgot about this meme.

that's against the rules tho

So's using the wrong keyword but that doesn't stop anyone.

Do space marines mark which rhino belongs to which squad and if so how would one do it?

So what are people doing with all those extra rhinos now that formations are toast?

You joke but back in the time following Traitor Legions there was some autist (I think he played WE or NL) here who sent several threads down the shitter by insisting the contents of transports was not public knowledge, and would refuse to tell his opponents which of his many Rhinos were empty and which were occupied, or with what.

Of course Veeky Forums took the bait every time. I hope it was bait, anyway.

Their other vehicles aren't as durable, but Wave Serpents are. They have that -1 damage to a minimum of 1 with whatever you shoot at it, so it basically makes overcharing Plasma all risk and minor reward.

With the squad number or however their particular chapter differentiates squad markings.

>...
>BUT IM NOT A WAACFAG I SWEAR

Those are both cheating.
You have to have chapters / regiments whatever assigned at list building. And you have to announce what goes in what transport when you place the transport model.

If I paint my Cadian models Red, I can still used whatever Regiment keyword I want. As Long as they are visually differential from other regiment that I am running, if any.

As i read it, you would need to take 9 wounds for an iyanden wave serpent to degrade, if thats the case its roughly 9.75 lascannons

Building a titan made completely out of Rhinos. I call it RHINOTRON

So how far through the painting process must one be to not be considered WAAC?

>BUT IM NOT A WAACFAG I SWEAR

We aren't getting new models, bruv. And apart from a couple things that can be converted to look better, we don't really need them.

All I want is sickly good, FLUFFY rules. For the first time since 4th edition.

>painting his models to legitimize his WAAC keyword choices
>BUT I'M NOT A WAACFAG GUYS I SWEAR

Interesting. I guess it's workable, if not optimal.

I guess I have a reason to play the unholy fusion of Yme-Loc and Iyanden then, spamming Wraithlords and mounted Guardians and Aspects to my heart's content.

Sure, doing daemon shit in the Warp, but they mostly just sat around doing nothing. Lorgar spent ten thousand years in seclusion (he also bestows the Mark of Lorgar onto his marines, but I don't think that fluff tidbit will return). There are no examples of a daemon primarch making an incursion into real-space without his legion present.

Fuck that would be amazing. Especially if it had a drop pod cannon firing Manlet marines as ammunition

yea its pretty interesting book, since HQ units that are both good and cheap, you can basically have 3 craftworld traits in a 2k match game.