Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

GSC Avatar of Khanie edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(The Craftworlds Rise Again – new releases for the Asuryani)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/21/the-craftworlds-rise-again-new-releases-for-the-asuryani/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=EnS1CmgB7ko&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

What would you put in a 1000 pts Ynnari army ?

Dick.

Patriarch

>striking scorpion 1488
Is striking scorpion racist?

D-cannons
Dark Reapers

What's wrong with it?

>read the ynnari novel
>Yvraine gives a random nurgling a feetjob
Why the fuck was this allowed?

All 40k players are proud natsocs, user.

Battalion with Shadowseer, Yvraine, 3 Troupes, Solitaire, and spice it up either whatever CWE or Drukh units you like. I'd go Beasts personally. Clawed Fiends for brute force and Razorwings to fuel Soul Burst and screen is nasty.

Venoms, raiders, MCU witches/incubi. Blasters.

I claim this thread in the name of the Imperial Guard!

Does anyone have a source for eye of night, hand of darkness, ghost warrior or crusade and other stories?

*Astra Militarum

Source?

*MSU

What models should i pick up from Made to Order?
I was thinking 2 Bonesingers and the Farseers with Staff/Spear

And i don't even play Eldar

How should I equip my new 10 Nob squad?

What does MSU mean ?

Multiple Small Units

with 32mm bases!

I always used it as Minimal Size Unit(s)

BL book about Bobby and Yvraine romance when?

it's 82, cause he's one of the people that likes to mash his bithyear into usernames.

Worse than Nazi's really.

Rise of the Ynnari Ghost warrior novel.

Never.
Next loyal primarch when?

May Isha smile on you for your generosity, user.

Next one is rumored to be the Lion, and it should be Angron after that, so no loyalist in sight unfortunately

Poor Roboute.

So Ynnari now have all swords they need to awake Ynned?

stay salty over a bunch of letters friendo

No. Anaris is not cronesword.

>Magnus "Throw literally everything on him or lose" The Red
>Roboute "Literally double the value of every point in your army" Guilliman

How can Memetarion even compete?

So Saim Hann Wild Riders suck at riding, Ulthwe suck at foreseeing, Iyanden suck at not running, Alaitoc suck at dodging, and Biel-Tan suck at shuriken throwing when they join Ynnari? What gives?

How strong is a Spirit Host and the Wraithseer this edition?
I avoided making an army like that during 7th because they were too strong, but now with 8th I was thinking of adding an ally detachment of them for my Harlequin army

You gotta lose something if you ditch your faction to worship some sexy daemon.

Just ask all the Renegade Marines who ditched their Land Speeders to jerk off to daemonettes

Because the Ynnari are so filled with Slaaneshi drugs that they become barely functioning berserkers

They achieved perfection through intense discipline and self-control. When they join the Ynnari, they are told that there is hope, it's alright, they won't be eaten by Slaanesh, they can untighten a bit, and consequently lose a bit of that discipline and self-control: it is no longer necessary to survive so they put less effort in it

Did they start sucking at things they spent their lives getting better at though?

How could you skip the Rogue Trader Farseer? That's the only one I ordered.

Picked up Gangs of Commoragh today.
I mostly got it for the models, but having the rest is the game itself worth messing with, once I've built the models?

Do Renegade marines know fear?

Thousand Sons codex when?

So will we start getting the Nid pre-release info the week after next?

Just bought a box of pic related because they look cool.

Did I make a mistake, gameplay wise?

Yes. 30th - 3rd.

Hopefully in December.

>admech

Yes.

December. However:

>no new models
>derivative stratagems galore
>derivative warlord traits galore

What can admech do to deal with Magnus and possibly Mortarion at 1500 points other than take electro priests and hope to seize

>>no new models

you got some confirmation with this claim?

>What's on your codex wishlist?

they're actually pretty fucking good at fighting.

they're just bad at not dying

Use some common sense dipshit. No one else gets any new models since a 'release' these days is just a book and some dice if you're lucky not to mention 1Ksons literally just got all brand new plastics in 7th, so don't complain you cunt.

There's your source

they both have fly, take three anti Air Onagers and hope you seize

Shoot it until it dies. Try stuff like Elimination Volley and Wrath of Mars. It you're really having trouble consider allying in a Jump Pack Librarian with Null Zone.

Anyone has the new Ynnari novel to share? My body is ready. I think.

Would a Khorne herald's aura affect bloodcrushers' bladed horns as well? I'm inclined to think it alters the statline only, so it affects the Bloodletter on the back.

GW needs to stop releasing the same faction traits and stratagems every codex. I propose this:

Chapter Approved should expand the default warlord traits table to 6, with some of the most repeated and stupid warlord traits so far.

Chapter Approved should also come with a "generic bonus list of about 6 bonuses, that any faction with a can apply to their army instead of any faction bonuses offered by the codex. This would include things like the -1 to hit from 12 inches away, 6+ FNP, advance and charge in the same turn, etc. Armies with codices that already have these dumb ass traits (most of them so far), should get updated traits that are actually interesting and unique in the Chapter Approved book. Armies without codices should get unique traits as well when their codices come out.

Finally, chapter approved should expand the default stratagem list to include the most derivative stratagems so far. Things like the "pay 1CP to deep strike an infantry unit" that keeps getting repeated, or the "pay 2 CP to fight twice" that keeps getting repeated. Again, factions with codices out already that use these derivative stratagems should get a few more unique ones to make up for it, and factions without codices out right now should get all unique ones in the future.

If GW doesn't fix things soon, 8th edition is going to be just as imbalanced as 7th was, but without the virtue of having unique armies.

No it would not. The Horns have a fixed strength rather than working of the strength of the user (which is being modified).

2x6 Lascannon onagers with cawl for rerolls

>Blood Angels Codex :
- Stratagems allowing you to spend CPs to make your units even choppier.
- Warlord traits, chapter tactics and relics for the BAs and their successors.
- A unique Primaris unit.
- A Primaris named character.
- Cost reduction for the Sanguinary Guard and the Death Company Dreadnought.
- Interesting post-Devastation of Baal lore.

What is the main difference between ruststalkers and infltrators?
From the models it looks like one dual wields and other has a pistol.

Fair enough, ok. Thinking whether a herald on jugger accompanying bloodcrushers is worthwhile.

lascannon ironstriders*

Kinda just hoping they announce the last two books for the year soon. Seems like there should be one in late November and one in mid December.

anons, is there any mega links to Audiobooks?

Fight cheese with cheese and bring a Supreme Command with IG.

3 Primaris Psykers, Culexus, Shadowsword...

Try Grey Knights. Use a Grandmaster Dreadknight with First to the Fray and Deep Strike the bastard into one of those ugly daemon Bros.

Not to be a downer, but Isn't primaris units one of the prominent problems of this edition?
>Do we need even more?
>More cancer to even out the old one doesn't seem like a sustainable practice.

Just allow TSon Helbrutes to have Psyker keyword, even if it's Rubric tier who gives a shit Smite.

Sorry scratch that. I read that as Primarch.
Did not mean primaris. Sanguinius is pretty based tho.

Isn't pic related massively overcosted, at 337 points ?

Not really, or at least in my store at least.

Most of them are overcosted for what they do and generally dont perform too well. The only possible exception to this is Agressors which are undercosted imo, but then again I play a low model count choppy army so they can be hard for me to deal with.

The only one thats outright better is the Primaris Librarian, only because the equivalent normal version is the same cost with one less wound and attack.

>GSC

1. Better cult ambush rules. I'd like to see the rules reformed to be like Canticles are now. You get to pick your result, but you can't pick the same result twice until all results have been picked. Or you can roll and possibly get the same result twice.

2. lots of stratagems that you can use during your opponent's turn to make things more interesting and reflect the ambush nature of the cult.

3. expanded psyker discipline with unique powers.

4. Cult reinforcements/summoning rules (using reinforcement points of course to prevent abuse).

5. And this is a long shot: rules to reflect Genestealer cults that aren't human, such as Eldar or Tau based genestealer cults.

they either increase points or decrease David Bowie soon since the Eldar Codex is coming out unless GW Plans to nerf or buff him.

>Isn't primaris units one of the prominent problems of this edition?
Not even remotely. Undercosted Primarchs and other super-characters, Undercosted cheap psykers for spamming smite, and undercosted Hordes that ignore leadership are much bigger problems.

This.

Primarchs would be fine if they were properly costed to make their use much more risky. But GW pushed their power level to ensure they'd see lots of play.

So Wraithseers with a warlord trait can snipe characters with D-cannons?

ruststalkers dont infiltrate, but they do mortal wounds and decent normal damage.
infiltrators deepstrike, and then get a shitload of wounds on whatever they charged, with no ap.

>(using reinforcement points of course to prevent abuse)
that won't work user , aside from super heavies or other fire magnets that will get focused down turn 1 there is no reason not to deploy everything at the start , combine that with the fact that summoning takes up a psyker / doesn't always work , and strategems cost cp and you realize that summoning just handicaps your force for pretty much no gain
the only way it works is when it doesn't cost points but CP like that one forgeworld strategem or send in the next wave

Ha ha ha oh god

Codexes aren't designed with FW units in mind, this is why FW is getting banned in 8th.

This is one of my favorite memes from this new Codex.

>FW isn't legal

Do you deny the holocaust too?

Yeah, you lack imagination, so I'm calling bullshit.

The true strength of summoning this edition is list tailoring. Or at least it would be, if daemons had the unit variety required to counter anything. But since daemons are all just varying flavors of "run at the enemy and hit them (except for tzeentch which is "run at the enemy and smite them"), they can't use summoning to its fullest.

GSC actually have some unit variety however, and could make use of summoning pretty well. Especially if their summoned units arrived via cult ambush instead.

>Interesting post-Devastation of Baal lore.
>Interesting

You poor sweet Summer child...

why the fuck would they get banned?

what should be the first thing to add after getting the IG start collecting?
i already have a chimera as a gift, that i plan to use as a hellhound

should i get a taurox?

Because the tournament organizers of every major circuit have been talking about doing it for months and probably only held off because they wanted to let things play out at the SoCal Open going on right now.

Most people think FW is utter cancer this edition and they're pretty much right.

All the psychic powers. (literally can have a power from each codex)
Punish people who try and deny.
More psychic powers.

Shame because FW really gives DE a power boost that they really do need

You got that meme backwards, friend.

Tons of problem units. Also normal GW stuff has a mechanism for making balance adjustments. FW does not and the FW team is already behind schedule and swamped. If GW manages to improve balance to the point that nearly all the problem outliers are FW, independent tournaments will start banning FW.

Rate my rough death guard list
Lord of contagion with plague reaper
Malignant plaguecaster
7 marines with 2 plasma guns and a blight launcher
7 marines with two plasma guns
20 cultists with 2 flamers
Tallyman
Biolugus grenade dude
Drone with 2 plaguespitters
Helbrute with autocannon and hammer
Plaguecrawler with entropy cannons
Predator with autocannon and Las sponsors

It's 1500 if I replace the Las sponsons with heavy bolters but I'm probably gonna keep them and expand up to 2k

>Punish people who try and deny.
Eat shit

No, everyone else has.

The original thread was meming back and forth, with people calling FW rhino door users WAAC, and anti-FW holocaust deniers.

And then somehow it mutated from a spirited shit-flinging fest to just everthing negative bring tossed at the FW guys.

Oh and 3 deathshroud