Meat Planet is discovered in 40k

What happens?
Here is a briefer on this gastronomic delicacy
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/77883184
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're going to use a video, at least make sure it works. Also we had this post not two days ago.

Video works fine for me.

Meat doesn’t compress well, so it would only undergo a little bit of gravitational contraction.

The meat would have a surface gravity about one-fourth as strong as Earth’s. The planet would start off uniformly lukewarm probably a bit over room temperature and the gravitational contraction would heat the deep interior by a handful of degrees.

But this is where it gets weird.

It has a lot of latent energy (there are enough calories in the meat planet to support Earth for billions of years). Normally, when organic matter decomposes, it releases much of that energy as heat. But throughout the majority of the planet’s interior, the pressure is hundreds of megapascals, which is enough to kill all bacteria and sterilize the meat leaving no microorganisms to break down the tissues.

Closer to the surface, where the pressure is lower, there’s another obstacle to decomposition, the interior of a meat planet is low in oxygen. Without oxygen, the usual decomposition doesn’t happen, and the only bacteria that can break down the meat are those which don’t require oxygen. While inefficient, this anaerobic decomposition can unlock quite a bit of heat. If continued unchecked, it would heat the planet to a boil.

But the decomposition is self-limiting. Few bacteria can survive at temperatures above about 60°C, so as the temperature goes up, the bacteria die off, and the decomposition slows. Throughout the planet, the meat gradually break down into kerogen, a mush of organic matter which would if the planet were hotter eventually form oil.

The outer surface of the planet radiates heat into space and freezes. When frozen it insulates the interior of the planet and slows the loss of heat to space. However, the flow of heat in the liquid interior is dominated by convection. Plumes of hot meat and bubbles of trapped gases like methane periodically rise through the crust and erupt volcanically from the surface, a geyser of death blasting meat free of the planet.

Get your logic out of here.

The atmosphere would be completely toxic to everything except bacteria, so most races would just ignore it.

Though, if the Nids found it, it would probably mean the end of the galaxy.

ok

thats pretty fuckin metal

If the nids found it they'd absorb meat planet's DNA and start making biological Death Stars.

>surface gravy
Fixed.

Also 40k already has a demon planet that's literally a giant fat dude curled on himself.

Spaaaace MEAT!

vimeo.com/77883184

So does Prophet. But tell us more about the 40k one. Just for shits and giggles.

I, for one, recommend a planet made of giant buns, and a planet made of giant pickles.

Together, we will craft a sandwich capable of crushing the galaxy!

Daemon world of Slaanesh, I think it got invaded once but I don't remember who did it. Noise Marines and Slaaneshi Daemons appeared from the pores to do battle against the invaders.

Orks invaded one once, khorne has whole load of these.

there's also the blood planet on which tuska the daemon-killa's orks are reborn every day to fight blood demons and die

>that huge post-apocalyptic marmaduke nightmare world story
someone post it

Dogworld or something like that?

Fuck, i would also be interested in reading it.

Speaking of, any place to read all of Prophet?

>a planet made of giant pickles.
>"Look Morty, I became a planet, planet Rick"

Dogscape

Twice. Once by the Sentinels of the Abyssal Crusade, which it turned into the Traitor Corpus Legion, and once by Tuska's WAAAGH! who found it unsatisfying until they started attacking the meat ground.

It would be devoured. 3 to 4 hive fleets would come from that.

What is meat user?

Muscle, of course you can say that skin or intestines also qualify as meat, and some lumps of fat too. But lets stick to muscle since is the part that we like and the one you basically think when you think of meat.

If we were to say of what is composed meat, is proteins, fat, sugars and DNA, what they all have in common is that they are made of CHOPNS(Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen...), and I'm not going to enter in the subject of myoglobin, colagen, actine and all the asociated proteins...

Why? Because unless we have life its simply ridiculous to think that a meat planet would stay as such. The pressure and temperature would absolutely wreck the molecules and quickly rearrange into more simple forms(CO2, NH4, CH4) out of the CHOPNS or do as they do now and form rocks out of C, P, S and they would be either be pure solid elements or react with oxygen and get trapped.

After that, if the planet actually has internal heat you can have a cycle, where in the upper parts of the planet; where molecules can still have a semisolid phase, the liberation of gases and its acumulation would create the volcanoes that Sagan talk about, throwing out the acumulated material of several centuries.

If we keep ascending, I bet that there will be a bacterial population that is capable of extracting the oxygen out of the carboxyl parts of the aminoacids and process the rest for energy, that means that the primary producers in this planet don't have to be on the surface but below it.

The pressure at this point can create gas bubbles inside the meat; water remains liquid at rare temperatues like 120º just for the pressure of oxygen liberation, and these bubles become colder and colder, but since meat is also water you can find entire red swamps and lakes where life could probably develop as we know it here, these place would not hold, and would probably be eaten by simple "biogeological activity"