/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Nothing new edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

www118.zippyshare.com/v/NAxmeae3/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ruinstorm in pdf
and epub
www118.zippyshare.com/v/NAxmeae3/file.html

user what about new Fulgrim novel? Any spoilers?

Might as well post my new Ordo Reductor list once I finish assembling my thallax prime.

Ordo Reductor Age of Darkness FoC: 2500 Points
Archmagos Reductor (Dual fists, cyber-familiar, rad grenades, machinator array, photon thruster, and abeyant): 295 Points
Magos Prime Myrmidax ie. thallax prime (dual fists, augury scanner, machinator array, 2x photon thrusters, and abeyant): 245 Points

9 Thallax (3 Plasma fusils and meltabombs): 450 Points

5 Myrmidon Destructors (photon thrusters): 390 Points
Thanatar-Calix class automata (paragon of metal and enhanced targeting array): 345 Points

Basic idea is pretty simple move up the table and shoot, thallax target MEQs primarily, myrmidons target TEQs and MCs primarily, thanatar targets vehicles, although any unit can wreck vehicles in assaults and myrmidons can glance anything without a flare shield to death in a couple of turns with shooting.

Overall its predecessor worked pretty well as any army that isn't spamming demolishers or medusas tends to have trouble dealing with almost a hundred T5 wounds. Also I've found that giving thallax AP 3 and myrmidons AP 2 works well since most things with a 2+ save get an invul save anyway largely invalidating the ignoring cover ability of thallax.

Which, if any, Crusade/Heresy-era xeons would you like to see introduced into 30k the most?

Rangadan
Fall Eldar

Do "consul" special characters counts towards consul limitations when taken in certain rites? Ie. Dreyghur and Skorr, they do not have the Consul special rule.

To be honest, Orks at the height of their power would be cool.

I like it, it's a really interesting list. I think that's the first time I've seen someone take a Calix. Not tempted to try and find the points for a Triaros for the Destructors.

I would say that they do.

Also fuck yeah I want dreadnought and Primarch sized Orks.

I'd be interested to see rules for the Hrud. I'd love to see an army of cybernetic megamen of the Olamic Quietude. Finally I love the small amount that's come out about the Black Judges they would be cool if there small descriptions are anything to go by an given that they're also based on STC templates shouldn't throw the game balancing too far out of whack.

I never felt like I needed a triaros, 48" range on photon thrusters and relentless means that if I really want something dead I can either shoot at it from turn 1 or 2 or slowly walk towards it. Besides the main target of the myrmidons are terminators who generally tend to be used aggressively meaning they will either drive towards the bulk of my army or deepstrike next to a unit of mine. Calixes are utter crap, there is literally no reason to ever take one (why are they the most expensive thanatar when they are so shit?) bit they are okay at killing tanks at range and I like their big shoulder lascannon.

I would like to see the Laer and/or some forgeworld custom xenos race. I think Laer with their intense specialization could be pretty cool.
>Snipers that are pretty much vindicare assassins
>Gigantic shock troopers the size of battle or siege automata
>Basic line troopers the size of space marines
>Some flying skirmishers

Fair enough on the Triaros, I just love them so also assume that you would want one when you have a unit that can use it.

If you like big should cannons then go for it.

I like your style user, you're an okay guy.

I do like triaros but all of my infantry are so expensive and I dislike the idea of taking just one vehicle at 2500 points even if it is AV 15. After all if I only have one tank every anti-tank weapon will be gunning for it.

If my list involved a bunch of myrmidon secutors and tech thralls though I would spam the crap out of triaros. Literal rape trains ramming every enemy vehicle and tank shocking every enemy unit.

Omnissiah's thought for the day: 01010111 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100010 01101111 01100100 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100001 01111001 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100100 01110101 01110010 01100101 00101110

When you put it like that, the reasoning makes a lot of sense. Count me convinced.

Samefag; shit the more I think about black judges the more convinced I am that they would be awesome.

HQ/Elite would be Black Judges, massive Contemptor size beasts armed with ray cannons and razor scourges. Main troops being black robed accusators with chain-gavels and smaller ray guns and the army filled out with genebred flunkies

Which version of Terminator armour is this guy wearing?
I love the model, but I'm running Tartaros termies and I'm worried this guy is too obviously Cataphractii. The double-layered pauldrons and the official Sehkmet models being cataphractii lead me to believe I won't be using this guy.

Also, are the Castellax-achae best run with the awesome-looking flamer weapon or the regular big bolter?

It's cataphractii but modified, I think it would be a bit harsh of an opponent to object to you playing it as tartaros if you made it clear that's how it's running. But you'd want to check before hand, if for no other reason than to avoid playing that guy.

Cataphractii

That's what I thought.

As said if you make it clear that it counts as tartaros before the game starts than it really shouldn't matter.

I have
>Archmagos Dominus, two Magos Dominus
>20 laslock Tech thralls
>12 Thallax, including two with thrusters and two with plasma
>2 Darkfire Castellax, 2 Bolter Castellax
>1 Bolter Castellax with power blades
>2 Tech Priest Auxilla adepts, working on servo-automatas
>3 Vorax
>1 Thanatar
>1 GW Knight (Two but the second aint painted)

What do you suggest I get next? I play primarily Cybernetica because robutts.
I'm thinking one or a combination of:
>Another 3 Vorax
>Another Thanatar
>A Vulturax (No more than one because they're apparently fucking cheesey)
>A Triaros transport
>2 Castellax if some kind

Any advice, fellow magi?
Alternatively I could get a Cerastus Knight, like a Lancer or a Castigator, but I don't think I need more Lords of War

What are you usually facing? I'd personally go for Vulturax, triaros for the thralls or destructors and triaros depending.

I run a Castellax-Achea with the Mauler bolter in Cybernetica as a Paragon of Metal Castellax with power blades, and it's pretty cool.

I would personally suggest of vulturax or another thanatar. Both are really hard to kill, but the former is good at killing vehicles the latter is good at killing tanks.

I'm not sure I would consider the vulturax cheesy, undercosted probably but they are garbage against infantry and have to get pretty close to vehicles to use their haywire weapons. That being said it would still be annoying to fight multiple vulturax simply because multiple FMCs with flare shields seems tedious as fuck to kill.

>the latter is good at killing tanks.
I meant infantry, not tanks.

I only really play at game day events bi-monthly ish (Played about seven games total). Been up against Iron Hands with four Land Raiders and two Malcadors, Iron Warriors with tanks and Perturabo, Iron Hands will lots of heavy support squads, Sons of Horus with veterans and Contemptors, World Eaters with Land Raiders and Kharn, and some other stuff.

Overall a fair bit of vehicles with good AV. I find it hard to crack them though, since I have so few high strength shots and photon/darkfires rely on glances. So maybe a Vulturax. I've been looking at shooty Myrmidons, too.

about to smash perturabo beneath the mastodons tracks, then move onto the giant red faggot hiding behind the building, hoping to get a tally of 3 primarchs this event

I'd go for Vulturax, they're not as bad as is made out, just don't take the piss and take more than 2.

Yeah, will probably have to go for one of them.
I'm also looking at a Triaros or a Krios Venator. Are Triaros good for anything but transporting? And are Venators worthwhile in Cybernetica, or do automata do its job better?

Ruh roh

Triaros are good if you love bullying people by constantly tank shocking and ramming them.

Transporting and ramming the shit out of everything! Choochoo!!

update
We brought down Magnus and Perturabo in one turn, bringing the mastodons primarch kill count to 2 and Veteran Squad Kelth's to 1, Fugrim and Magnus and Perturabo, respectively

Could or would the Emperor put a Sister of Silence in charge of a retinue of Custodes?

>Burning Krios

I have no idea whether the Mechanicum player is cool or how his army is doing, but in absence of any other evidence...

NOOO the poor machine spirit!

Still, nice work from the rolling blowtorch train. Always nice to see Primarchs get their overhyped faces melted.

Final Update, before I get home and write out the batreps for the tourney
Picked up best painted(somehow) and best general by going 4-0, completing every secondary objective and taking the heads of 3 primarchs

You were the Iron Hands guy right? Those looked great.

Any news on Heresy rulebook?

that's correct, thanks man

You can put it in my butt anytime.

what're y'all working on? Working on some bitter bois for fun to break up the endless washing of my XX.

Yes I know I need shovels for each guy.

Waiting on my shit from chyyyyyna

>Yes I know I need shovels for each guy.
Fuckkkk... Now I need entrenching tools and full gear for all of my Bitter boys...

I wish I had more/random siege gear. Pouches and grenades don't have that loaded down look.

Would you consider this a dickish 1k sons list?

Ahriman
Centurion in Cataphractii with force sword, mastery lvl 1
Osiron dread with TL lascannon
5 Sekhmet in Cataphractii
5 Sekhmet in Tartaros
20 legionnaires, sergeant with power fist.
20 legionnaires, sergeant with power fist.
Land speeder with multi melta
Land speeder with multi melta
2 Castellax-achea, one with mauler bolt gun, one with aetherflire cannon.

Probably run with the Guard of the Crimson King so that the termies can deep strike if needed.

How many points does that add up to and what's the psychic dice total? Not too familiar with TSons points costs.

Two units of deep striking Sekhmets is iffy, and you'll probably be getting a ton of powers off which makes it worse.

I'd only take it in a Custodes-heavy meta.

2000 pts, should have included that.
Ahriman is lvl 4
Centurion lvl 1
Osiron lvl 1
Both squads of Sekhmet are each lvl 2

Maybe a bit too much I guess. I just like the look of both the Cataphractii Sekhmet and the Scarab Occult models.

Are you me?
I also just started a Sons army and am looking for a non-asshole list to build.

Should be more news on it this week. Keep an eye out on the Warhammer Community page (no doubt all of the juicy content will be repeated here, though.)

Let the tournament battle reports begin! these are going to be lengthy affairs, so please stay with me. this is the first game, i'll post another tomorrow night

My List
Iron Father Thelocus Diex
Atrael Vex(Castrmen Orth)
Gorgons
Apothecaries
Vets with plasma
vets with flamers
rhino tacs
rhino tacs
2 vindis
2 vindis
MASTODON

Game 1: Cyborg Treadheads vs Degenerate Cokefiends
I had been mentally and physically preparing for this game for months, as myself and the emperor's children player had agreed that we needed to have a proper grudge match to kick off the event. Diagonal deployment, with the EC defending and myself attacking, needing to fight through a trenchline to reach the objective. EC list was mechanized marines without a RoW, backed up by a detachment of solar auxilia, including ogryn charonites and servitors with grenade launchers, with the centrepiece being Fulgrim and 7 Phoenix terminators in a spartan with a chaplain leading them. EC deployed first, forming a staunch gunline that he was confident would weather the storm. i deployed defensively, with the mastodon baring its side armour to protect one vindicator squadron while the other prepared to burst through the crumbling walls of a ruined building. The Rhinos were in outflank reserve, to hem in the traitor infantry while the vindicators shattered their defensive positions.
cont.

The battle began with the flare of lascannon fire, red streaks hurtling towards the Mastodon, only to be absorbed by the shimmering void shields protecting the armoured behemoth. Unable to find purchase, the traitors guns ceased firing for but a moment, and the engines of the Iron Hand's tanks roared to life, machine spirits thirsty for vengeance. Demolisher Cannons roared, tearing great rents in the traitor battleline, vaporizing servitor and armsmen alike on one flank, and crumpling the hull of a traitor vindicator, fitted with a laser destroyer array on the other, while the complex targeting systems of the mastodon developed firing solutions to maximize the damage wrought by the opening volley. Lascannons screeched, rotary cannons spun to life and hunter killer missiles streaked toward the foe, striking their targets with unerring accuracy, pounding apart two traitor Rhinos, turning one into a towering inferno of smoke and shrapnel, eviscerating the mortals that cowered beside it. Not yet finished it's grisly task, the frontal melta array shrieked to life, unleashing blasts meant to burn down fortresses upon a luckless squad of veletarii, turning them to naught but scorch marks and smoke. The traitors, bowed but not yet broken, retaliated with what they could, the Spartan once again bringings its lascannons to face the titanic tracked bunker, determined to penetrate it's hull, yet it caused only superficial damage. A lone Javelin Attack Speeder appeared from behind, determined to bring the vindicators to task, yet it was cut from the air by a rattling burst from the Skyreaper Battery, trailing smoke as it's propulsion failed and an errant missile trailed into the sky. Siezing the opportunity, Atrael Vex slammed the mastodon forwards, plowing through the trench lines and smashing them aside like splintered wood.

Using the gained momentum, the behemoth skidded across the ground, sliding sideways even as the tracks churned the ground beneath it, maneuvering directly into the side armour of the Spartan, bypassing the arcane flare shield protecting its frontal armour, as it's own void shields flared back to life, covering the hull in shimmering energy. Timed perfectly, the Rhino Transports carrying the tactical marines arrived on opposite sides of the battlefield, and the marines inside prepared to exterminate the remaining traitor infantry by blade and bolter. Barrages of bolt shells screamed out, stitching the serried ranks of Auxilia with detonations and geysers of blood and splintered bone, while their transports layed down suppressive fire against the traitorous marines that remained, while the first vindicator squadron levelled their cannons, turning the spot that squad of traitors stood into a smoking crater. The Siege Melta Array whirred to life, growing to a roar as the fire of a small sun spat forth, puncturing the armour of the spartan and causing a massive detonation as the once venerable vehicle tore itself to pieces, it's machine spirit put to rest once and for all. Emerging from the smoke, resplendent in a sickening way, was Fulgrim and his bodyguard of Phoenix terminators.

Determined to bring about vengeance for Istvaan, Iron Father Thelocus Diex commanded the 2nd Vindicator Squadron to fire on the traitorous lynchpin, despite the close proximity to allied units. Inspired by righteous hatred, the accuracy of the Vindicator gunners was enerring, both shells landing square in the centre of the traitorous curs. As the dust settled, only Fulgrim and the Chaplain were left standing, shell shocked but alive. Having dealt a terrible blow against the traitors, the Iron Tenth prepared for the incoming counterattack, bracing themselves. Degenerate and corrupted tactical marines moved forth, blasting the cyborg marines with bolt shells, only to find them merely glance off the impenetrable ceramite power armour. Lumbering Ogryns set towards the tactical squad, set on their evisceration, moving with terrible speed for such massive and ungainly creatures. Fulgrim and the Chaplain stood resolute, preparing for what would come next.The Charonites found their prey, despite suffering a storm of bolter fire, and tore into them with desperate savagery, their claws tearing marines asunder, till only a single man stood, and a tactical retreat became the only available option. The bay doors of the mastodon opened with the whining of pistons, and a veritable army stormed out, burning with hatred for the traitorous primarch who slew their Gene-Father.

Can you still purchase digital rule/campaign books? Can find them on Black Library or Forgeworld sites.

Veteran Squad Tyranos struck the first blow, unleashing a withering storm of plasma fire, incinerating the Chaplain and scorching through Fulgrims armour, charring the once-perfect flesh beneath. Then, Veteran Squad Kelth added their contribution, and bathed Fulgrim in a hurricane of burning promethium, as is only fitting for the Phoenician. emerging from the firestorm, fulgrim stood, his armour blackened and glowing red hot, as Atrael Vex emerged from the mastodons top hatch, feeding targeting data from his bionics directly to the machine spirits, before unleashing the full fury of a fortress breaking weapon upon the wounded primarch, purging him from the universe in an act of total vindication for the suffering endured by the Iron Hands and their Primarch. The traitor stragglers were cut down by bolter fire and demolisher shells as they broke and ran, the Iron Tenth claiming a total victory against the traitor cur.
End Result 6-0

Damn, that's some good shit. Got any more, I don't think I can wait another day?

Fuck does reading this make me want to play.

Congratulations on the victory! The flesh is weak!

I want a customizable xenos list in the style of the Militia/Cult and 6/7e Renegades and Heretics lists. And the Eldar Corsair list, to an extent.
If anything, I would use three basic statlines as the core of the army: ogryn-ish, human-ish, and grot-ish. Each would have a wide range of stat-changing options a la old school mutations/doctrines, and would have a similar traits/covenants/provenence system to the earlier mentioned lists.

Maybe you could change the basic grot statline into pseudo-skaven, or enhance the ogryn statline into a good stand-in for a Tyranid Warrior. Humans could get turned into orks, kroot, or eldar fairly easily since they'd only need one or two stat changes. FW has already shown how well it can handle lots 'o weapon options, so that wouldn't be a problem.

The hardest part would be vehicles.

So
Davin is in center of ruinstorm.
New super powerfull OP undivided daemon.
Sanguinius has black rage.
Sanguinor is OP just like in 40k
Curze was dumped into void.

Did I miss anything?

>those spoilers
I'm just giving up on BL fluff now.

>The hardest part would be vehicles.
I think the macrocarid explorator would be a good influence. Essentially have basic templates (eg. light skimmer, medium tank, heavy tank, walker, troop transport, flyer) and give them tons of weapons and upgrade options.

So for example a heavy tank ala the leman russ might be AV 14/12/10 and be armed with a turret lascannon equivalent as its only weapon costing like 90 points base. From there you can upgrade its turret weapon with anything from a heavy anti-tank weapon, to more advanced lance style weapons, to blast weapons, to dakka weapons. You could also add various hull, sponson, and cupola weapons ranging from the mundane (heavy bolters) to the esoteric (maybe some sort of needler cannon). You can also take upgrades to give it a force field for invul saves, make it a skimmer, or something else.

Each author has consistent weaknesses. Some also appear to lack consistent strengths.

>Sanguinius has black rage.
That makes no goddamn sense

>New super powerfull OP undivided daemon.
Disgusting

Fucking Hell, what is it with all this retarded wank?

Would make for quite a nice fan project. I might look into it.

You can already make most Xenos with militia/cults books.

You could conceivably use Talons of the emperor for Eldar.

For GC xenos there's nothing wrong with using the 7th ed 40k xeno books, for 2000-2500 point battles the lists are roughly equal in power, just use the AoD force org and you're good to go.

Orks are orks, just house rule the unit sizes maybe.

Elder and Dark Eldar could be combined into one codex, maybe leave out things that weren't era appropriate such as aspect warriors.

Nids are any hive/insect xeno. Could represent a swarm species or a monster species well enough.

Necrons are any robotic empire.

It's an exercise in futility to make custom rules because without models it will just lead people to proxying and at that point why not just use the existing rules. For every well modelled militia list there's 5 out there using plastic Cadians.

If you want some help or a cooperative effort maybe we should start another thread. Anyway the way I see it you should probably define your core species build as part of your list making. ie.
When building your list choose a size category which defines the cost and stats of your base units
>Small (S/T 2, 1 wound)
>Medium (S/T 3, 1 wound)
>Large (S/T 4, 2 wounds)
This effects the stats of your units. Your commanders, sergeants, and bodyguards can be upgraded to a larger size category.

You can then choose a number of species traits, some examples off the top of my head (I would make it so you have to pay per unit but can take as many as you want)
>Hulking Frame: +1 T, +1 W, -1 initiative, -1 to move, run, and charge distances
>Powerful Build: +1 S
>Agile: +1 I, Fleet
>Natural Weapons: All non-vehicles gain +1 attack and rending on melee attacks
>Advanced Technology: Gain access to 2+ and 3+ armour as well as various shields and better weapons
>Warrior Caste: All models gain +1 WS and BS

Beyond that the list would include some basic vehicles as I mentioned earlier as well as some basic units such as
>Elite troops (WS/BS 4)
>Average troops (WS/BS 3)
>Crap troops (WS/BS 2)
>Monstrous Creatures (S/T 6 base with 4 wounds base)
>Vehicles
>Commanders/Bodyguards
>Champions/Heroes

Wait until you see the wall

>Sanguinius has black rage.

EXPLAIN

Just finshed up this dread, and working on tying up my army's loose ends post-tournament.

>tfw won best sportsman by taking my loss streak like a champ

Feels good. You earned that best painted, m80.

>Elder and Dark Eldar could be combined into one codex, maybe leave out things that weren't era appropriate such as aspect warriors.
Just use Corsairs.

It's very likely that Aspect Warriors already existed; a lot of the craftworlds (and Exodites) left home centuries before the Fall and already had the whole Path thing going. After all, the craftworlds were a response to the increasing insanity of Eldar civilization, not to the Fall itself. Soulstones were probably the only truly new thing after Slaanesh was born. That probably means wraith constructs are new at the very end of M30. Not sure - maybe Eldar souls could fly around at will and inhabit such things - but I'd guess that without the sense of being a dying race, there wouldn't have been any pressure to make them.

Anyway, think of Aspect Warriors as the armed wing of a crazy religion of self-limitation that decides to leave, and they only start looking sane generations later as things get out of control at home.

The Dark Eldar never changed, so they're fine as-is.

Corsairs seem to be craftworlders who left and have started to act a little like the Dark Kin because that's the nature of Eldar who aren't bound by the Path or the self-discipline that Exodites have found. There should be far fewer of them in M31.

Not him, but is like to get in on this too.

You know Black Rage right?
Now Sanguinius has it in himself and almost killed Kano and Azkaellon, Sanguinor had somehow calmed him.

Chogori = "big mountain" and is potentially what some ethnically-Tibetan locals call K2.

Mundus Planus means the exact opposite.

I know the red rage. Black rage happened because Sang died.

Personally I wouldn't have any issues facing this list. You're clearly making an attempt to dilute a CoTCK list while being fluffy. You're not optimising the list, you've included a bunch of full size tactical blobs rather than hordes of sniper vets and in the Sehkmet you've got both Cata and Tartaros in minimal squad sizes rather than just spamming unkillable cataphractii. Basically if someone doesn't play against this list they're reading too much into the hype or they're space egyptian racist. I think you're fine mate.

Audiobook when

Eh doubt it. Any Custode are a proxy of the Emperors will, so they outrank pretty much anything.

Power shovels pls FW.

>Black rage happened because Sang died
Black Library thinks otherwise

Exactly, it turns out that Sanguinius suffers from the psychic pre-aftershock of his own future death.

The Black library 'Fucking up Horus Heresy Fluff since 2007'

Which is best Legion?

II or XI

God Tier: Emperor's Children
Low Tier: Everyone except EC and Word Bearers
Shit Tier: Word Bearers

>New super powerfull OP undivided daemon.
Which demon is this? What did he do?

IDK how anyone can say anything besides 1K Sons post-Inferno.

Everyone underestimates the humble rotor cannon

Madail the Undivided
he tried to turn Sanguinius to chaos.

He didn't give in did he?

A miserable pile of cthonians.

they haven't gone that full retard yet

No that happens during the final fight with Horus. Big E kills Sangy for it.

I was genuinely worrying that ADB would try to pull that shit in the final book last night

I guess Drach'nyen is a precedent for powerful undivided daemons.

I'm halfway through Ruinstorm now and it's better now. The early parts where the Ultramarines are the absolute bestest at naval combat and everything else was pretty annoying. Now it's moved onto horrors in space, very much like in Fear to Tread.

It's very much bolter porn though - lots of action, lots of overly-flowery language, and any development in between action feels choppy and immature. It's also a little too 40k for my tastes. I get that that's part of the point - to show how the pre-Heresy Imperium turns fanatically religious and how the legions become chapters, but there's just too much of it. We've got the UM chapter that becomes the Nemesis chapter doing their thing, a planet that believes that the Emperor will save their souls, the Sanguinor, and prose that would sound more at home in one of Matt Ward's codex fluff sections.

EC, ofc.

You never know.

Wait for Sanguinor(Herald) he went full 40k OP in this book.