Why didn't Warhammer fantasy ever have things like half-orcs, half-elves, or half-dwarves...

Why didn't Warhammer fantasy ever have things like half-orcs, half-elves, or half-dwarves? It just seems like something completely missing from it.

Because you can't fuck an orc in Warhammer. They would kill you on sight.

Warhammer is a tabletop wargame before it's a setting or roleplaying game, and they probably didn't want units that potentially confused faction composure. Is a half orc an Orc unit or an Empire unit? Is a half elf an Elf unit or a Brettonian unit?

There's plenty of justifications in the lore, too, but the answer is first and foremost probably because there was no call for such units in the game itself.

They sort of hinted at it early on - even in rogue trader there was an half eldar
But since it was produced later on than classic fantasy (which borrowed from fairy tales which included changelings and half fairy children etc) when science was more prominent
So they made elves and orcs different species with no interbreeding
They do allow elves/eldar to have sex with humans though

Because it's a good setting.

>They do allow elves/eldar to have sex with humans though
Any notable cases in lore?

/thread and done

I think its implied Brettonian nobility has some amount of elf blood in their veins.

Because it's a dumb thing to add, and for gaming purposes, confuses things more.

Because those aren't the same species. It is stated that they were created intentionally different and most likely unable to interbreed.

Do orks in fantasy have gender? do dwarves? There're halfelves (at least it's implied) though.

No it isn't.

That's weird, since 40k has half-elves and that's ostensibly more science-y and has a far greater excuse for species to be unable to interbreed.

So having half-breeds makes a setting bad? I get the half-races are a favorite for marysue original character donut steel bullshit, but that doesn't make them bad, I mean c'mon

Eh, it's alright. It gets props for trying to be different in details, but it's still a Tolkien clone in the end

WH40k had only one confirmed half-eldar several decades ago when it was a very different setting. If anything science hints at them not being compatible in rather recent lore, if I remember correctly.

>So having half-breeds makes a setting bad?
No, but it doesn't make it good either. Half-races aren't needed in this lore and as it is right now shoe-horning in confirmed half-races wouldn't add anything or even worsen it, the setting has done well without them.

Orks no and Dwarves yes, dwarven men outnumber their females 10 to 1

I could totally see some wood elf fuccboi impregnating a woman from Brettonia and leaving only to steal away their infant a few days after their child is born.

>wood elf fuccboi
Doesn't really work that way if he's already taller than her men.

Warhammer 40K had one half elf when it was a giant joke setting that didn't take itself seriously at all and everyone's ideas for content had to pass the rigorous 'Metal Album cover" test.

It’s got half-elves (or at least humans with elf blood) according to dialogue early novels at least, though from the apparent points on said novels children from said unions or humans with elven blood still look 100% human.
So it’s possible in the Empire “halbelben” exist, you just can’t distinguish them physically or mentally from humans.

standards bra

Fuck xenos, thats why.

Except that would lead to half-breeds

Because it wants to do its own thing, not copy other shit cuz of memes.

Yet it worked completely fine without half breeds. Who'd thought about that?

No it fucking isn't!

>No half elves, half dwarves, half orcs, etc... allowed!
>Half animals though like beastmen, and possibly skaven, are a-ok!

What did GW mean by this? Humping a cow is possible but an elf is not?

Chapter's Due had a half-eldar pirate.

These are mutants, not the product of human x something.

>it's still a Tolkien clone in the end
Literally how? High Elves are closer to Tolkien Elves (Noldor and Vanyar, at least) than most setting's Elves, but otherwise the setting really doesn't scream 'Tolkien' in any way.

Absolutely false in the case of beastmen, and arguably false in the case of skaven.

>confirmed
Well, I haven't read it, but I do remember the discussion around it and it wasn't confirmed, just someones in-universe theory.

Because half races are shit.
To give you a serious answer: Orcs are genderless. Dwarves and men cannot procreate. Half elves are rarer than albino dragons

Skaven are 100% born from another skaven. Beastmen are mutants.

What did a human fuck to create a skaven? Why would he do that and is he proud of his accomplishment?

You mean not like how it copied everything else because of memes?

Wow, now that's denial if I've ever seen it.

this

Orcs are like fungi and have no gender. Idfk why there aren't half-elves

>Having a race named 'dwarfs' and a race named 'elves' means it's ripping off Tolkien.
Confirmed for knowing fuck all about Lord of the Rings.

Doom of Kasvar, potential implication that Skaven exist as humans devolved and rats evolved, and somewhere in between cross bred.

For beastmen,

>Some deviant bangs a cow
>Chaos shenanigans
>Beastman is born
>Or just bang a beastman and a beastman is born

It only copied the cool stuff ;^}

> somewhere in between cross bred

Say the line that says this. Doom of Kasvar has the entire town being eaten by rats.

not a human, but there was that slayer dwarf who had sex with an elf.

Nice cherry picking.

damn, they take that whole death wish thing pretty far.

>Sexual compatibility =/= cross fertility.

>>Chaos shenanigans
It's almost like this is the source of the beastmen, not soemone insaminating a cow.

didn't say the elf got pregnant

Because it's a stupid concept