Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Angry Disease Man Edition

>Guard FAQ. Commissar's nerfed and more!
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=ypCfdrARoLQ

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HJNz2QgSNsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gw doesn't do math

First for drukhari

First for bugs

>repainting

Why? I mean, other than autism.

New List. Now with 100% fewer commissars and 20% more infantry.

No Scions allowed! At least until I buy Elysians to proxy.

Truly Australian wildlife.

What is up with these shitty generals?
>no topical edition name
>lelrandumb OP images
>duncan replaced with ebin maymays XDDD
kys

What topic you want senpai?

Also you prefer shitty generic images we've seen 10000 times?

KYS

Right now I'm torn between 4 of the 5 Craftworlds Veeky Forums. Iyanden is out because mechanically there isn't much that interests me there. However I can see some benefit in the remaining 4 (of which of course I can use 3) - trying to decide where to focus my efforts to get ready for LVO.

If you were to rank the Craft World traits at current where would you put each trait? Is it worth shuffling around to pick up multiple traits or does one stand out as so much better you'd just max that?

Conqueror russes give me a chub ever since I read The Saint. Now I'm gonna order some China man turrets.

I'm thinking base BC with heavy bolters. No sponsons.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

>you dont do math

Guardfags are bawling their eyes out, with 2 hour threads no reason to make an effort.

I kek'd

same reason I repainted all my cadians I got second hand.

I'm playing steel legion, not cadia. The only reason I left them until now was just a matter of further indicating they were conscripts.

>WAAC
Alaitoc
>Good
Ulthwe
>Balanced
Biel-Tan
>G-guys it's still 7th right?
Saim-Hann

Not sure if Biel-Tan goes above Ulthwe considering how viable Aspect armies are but I figure a global 6++ buffs Serpents even more with what is essentially free spirit stones, you also get access to Eldrad who might be good now.

Because you are doing it against conscripts rather than basic infantry. Using your own "lets assume every dice rolled is a 4"

Without commissar
4 casulties= 1 loss
5 casulties= 2 losses
6 casulties= 3losses
etc.
With
4 casulties=0 losses
5 casulties=2 losses
6 casutlites=3 losses
etc.

The commissar helps in exactly one instance.

What are the chances of nids getting their synapse boosted by an inch or two?

Its far too short as is

>tfw you just use commissars as just additional HQs
>tfw you run infantry squads and they usually get wiped out entirely so morale is not an issue
>tfw waiting for all the cheap auctions on ebay from waacfag "players"

Feels good man

Newfag asking again if World Eaters are good

So why can't you leave them as is, and use it to indicate that they're models from the combine squad?

>Guardfags
Flavour of month waacfags who used conscripts along with Gorillaman and Celestine, maybe.
The guardfags I've seen on this board actually paint their minis.

True guardfags report in.

Don't @ me you WAAC niggers.

youtu.be/HJNz2QgSNsk

Without commissar
4 casulties= 4 loss
5 casulties= 5 losses
6 casulties= 6losses
>FTFY

>Try to login to ebay for the first time
>Apparently there already is an account tied to my email, created 6 years ago
>It's suspended, because there wasn't a credit card linked to it
>Can't restore the account, can't delete it, can't add the credit card to fix everything
Ebay can fuck off

Considering the FAQ we just got, probably not. If anything, synapse is getting nerfed.

Is one of the books the one with the Pardus armoured regiment and them heading to a shrine?

Don't they also have Destroyer tank hunters and Salamander Scouts too?

Newfag here ... got into 40k with eldar recently with the start collecting box. Then I got an e-mail about the made to order stuff.

Is there anything that a new player should order here, while there's still time?

I like the Autrach with the power weapon, but im a little confused what it offers over the standard Autrach in the web store ... as far as I can see, they both have some kind of power weapon.

I really like the farseer with the staff .. is it a reasonable piece to purchase with the intent of fielding it in my army?

And also the last one is the Bonesinger ... although I don't see any rules for it in the index .. which makes me wonder if this one is just there to add to your collection, and not meant to be fieled (but maybe im just retarded and cant read)

Is there anything else I should consider grabbing?

Thanks.

>Because you are doing it against conscripts rather than basic infantry

>using index only units

Waac as fuck.

Unbelievable, civil war in the Guard Ranks.

WAACfags vs Casualfags, bitching about the FAQ.

Whom will win?

I like how they errata'd all my Tallarn stuff but didn't mention how Valhalla can fire flamers into combat and magically not hit their own men

I think Saim-hann might be acceptable for the assassin bike autarch. But it would have to be something like a supreme command or something so its kept cheap.

I figure Alatioc will be the meat and potatoes of my army but I really enjoy the idea of infiltrating a 20 man Guardian squad in an Ulthwe army.

because I would rather do that with just a big blob of armageddon if I'm not indicating they're fresh recruits from some planet nobody cares about.

I like having fully, properly painted models on the table. I'm one of the few people at my locals scene who doesn't put primed/grey models on the table, regardless of whether I'm playing guard, drukhari, or Sons

>tfw not a WAACfag, just love commissars as a unit

Everyone should be mad at commissars getting squatted.

I agree they needed nerfs, but this was ridiculous.

Number of conscripts in this Narrative battle from yesterday: 0

HOLYSHIT is the Yncarne so awesome

She solos a Lord of Change. Smashing him to the ground and then stabbing him to death flurry of violence. Then she sinks her fangs into the daemon and drinks its blood before howling to the skies
She butchers the Thousand Sons by the score and drinks in their souls
She got summoned into a genestealer infected Craftworld. She jumps into the min-hivemind of the Eldar genestealer and starts to mass devour all the souls of the infected Eldar and even the genesleaters.
As the Craftworld shatters from the wrath and hunger of Yncarne, the dust and flame form the half DAEMON face of Yncarne
It's said that Yncarne hunger for souls,
and by extension Ynnead himself, is as depthless as Slaanesh herself

Only those who are true to the emperor and make fluffy guard lists with [yourdudes] written all over it

That's a feature not a bug.

Yeah it's fucking sweet.

When the chaos baneblade comes out one dude hits it with non explosive pen rounds and gets popped. Then his rival HEs it.

So, what you're saying is that I need to buy some more PAGK. I definitely have had more fun, which any amount is greater than what I had in 7th.

Sadly I ran a termie heavy list in 7th because that's all that remotely worked, so I have 15 Termies/Paladins and 10 Purifiers(or Strikes, we're not picky in my group), 5 Interceptors, and 5 Purgators.

Quick user, put down your paintbrush and show us what you're working on right now

Well, the FAQ is what it is, so anyone affected by it won't be getting back what they lost. Other people just continue doing what they've done so far. Also, conquerors and annihilators just got gud, so treadheads are happy, I suppose.

Synapse is not getting nerfed. It is to Tyranids what Orders are to Guard, plus it comes with a drawback for being outside of it, plus it's on expensive creatures that can't hide from the enemy guns like Commissars can.

Guard got their Morale nerfed cuz they had it on top of having an army-wide thing already, AND conscripts are already far more cost-effective as meatshields than anything Tyranids have.

Running double devastator Las squads which is more valuable a lieutenant or apothacary that can revive on a 3up

Does a Leman Russ count as not having moved the previous turn on the first turn?

As a rule the Made to Order stuff on offer here is just a rerun of old models for people who want variety in their army in terms of models, or want to use specific equipment without converting.

The Autarch comes with the option for a shuriken pistol or reaper launcher (!) and can go on foot, as opposed to the plastic one which is fixed with a fusion pistol and wings.

The Farseer is just eye candy sicne we already have models for the Farseer and the Farseer with a spear (the only option he can take). Buy it if you prefer him to the Fineshit one or don't want to give him a spear.

The Bonesinger doesn't have rules anywhere else and you can only get them if you buy the mini. If that's enough to convince you then go for it, but don't hold your breath since he'll probably just be the Eldar equivalent of a Techmarine (ie. neat but ultimately not worth it).

tl;dr do you like them more than GW's usual range? Then buy them.

>squatted

That word doesn't mean what you think it does.

First 40k novel I read. Fell in love with the guard ever since. I'm actually quite happy I have a few conquerors waiting to be built.

I was tempted to post my dick.

I don't follow?

They're still useful though, that one guy just can't fucking do math.

What? Why would you be worried about moving the previous turn? All the rules I read refer to shooting the previous Movement phase, which is by definition on THIS turn.

Why would you ever want a lascanon on a russ

No, what does that effect anyway?

They were removed from the codex by errata, I don't know what you think squatting means, but this is it.

Do cadians in fortifications reroll ones?

>she

Post your "who deserves to get nerfed the most" lists.

>Saint "nice relic bro" Celestine
>Alphabet "lmao FW balance" Chicken
>Roboute "double the worth of any other unit in his vicinity" Guilliman
>Magnus "get first turn or lose" the Red
>Belisaruius "literally the reason why everyone plays Mars" Cawl

user I do love seeing pictures of your Guard. They serve as a huge inspiration as to how I will eventually paint mine.

Agreed. Hopefully GW listens and realizes they went too far.

Something like "take 1 model for every 10 in the original unit" to pass moral would work I think.

Want to take a stab at guessing dynasty bonuses and the like?

Warlord trait that gives Cryptek RP bubble.

>Dynast1 - -1 to get hit at 12¨ range for melee lists. Maybe +1'' movement.
>Dynast2 - Increased bubble ranges for maximum command
>Dynast3 - Vehicles heal 2 instead of 1. Wounds count double for charts.

>let me just take this HB on my vanq

Finished him on Thursday.

May need to touch up a few bits on his base I now realize but that hardly counts.

Will work on Death Shroud or maybe Characters like Tallyman I think next.

:^)

She has a cool and touching moment when Yvraine dies during the battle.
She picks and cradles Yvraine holding her close and shedding brilliant tears that bring back Yvraine from death as a Reborn

GW really outdid themselves. Other races don't have anything as cool as Yncarne.

Literraly no vanquisher in that list, faglord.

Sounds like normal powerfull greater daemon.

>>one of a cheap characters three rules is nerfed
>>squatted
Ha ha get fucked fuck man.

>see 8th is safe for craftworld players
>buy a couple of wave serpents, guardians and aspect warriors
>Guard gets a nerf and the codex is looking to be monstrous

I just wanna be elves in peace

>Something like "take 1 model for every 10 in the original unit" to pass moral would work I think.
No, fuck off. This change was perfect.

>she

>>Magnus "get first turn or lose" the Red
>nerfing one of the only reasons index thousand sons are playable
>nerfing a unit who can effectively get shot off the table turn 1

why?

PAGK are solid, yeah. Remember to equip them with psilencers too. BRRRT Purgators have a new lease on life.

I did not read the list faggot, I'm telling you why you may take a lascannon.

Don't be Alaitoc and people shouldn't hate you.

>>Dynast1 - -1 to get hit at 12¨ range for melee lists. Maybe +1'' movement.
Nobody gets a strictly better version of an existing trait. They won't get Raven Guard +movement.

>>Dynast2 - Increased bubble ranges for maximum command
Doesn't affect every model.

>>Dynast3 - Vehicles heal 2 instead of 1. Wounds count double for charts.
Doesn't affect every model.

KYS - the change is fine and was needed.

[Spoiler]do it [/spoiler]

>spearhead
>without a single heavy support unit

Dude, boobs.

>she

>Saint "nice relic bro" Celestine
In fairness, even the dude who did that said he thought it was a load of bullshit but in a tournament everything goes.

Got a 2k game of Tuesday. Will post pics of that here after I’ve held the line.

>Vanquisher tanks
Good shit.

Not a Guardfag. What the fuck are you talking about?

Are they the ones that spam bikes?

These BL reviews you do are so fucking cringy, dude. How can you straight-faced repeat all this dumb shit shit in a tone that implies you think it's unironically cool? Are you still in high school ffs?

*as much

Sounds more like not having alternating in the shooting phase is the real issue there, though that doesn't change that Magnus is too good

They're elites ? Or do you use them as lords ?

t. eldar "totally not a waacfag bros" altaioc players

>This change made the unit actually worthless

It's as if you don't like 40K or something.

Same colours as the others in his squad, they turned out fine but somehow it just doesn't work for him, he feels messy.

Are you seriously asking why they'd nerf one of the most retardedly OP models in 8th?

Boob singular. IIRC the Yncarne was designed to be androgynous (as well as half-Eldar half Slaaneshi).

In other words, did you just assume their gender?

Took a break from touching up my DE models after finally discovering an almost exact match to GW's Black Heart Kabal scheme to build a party barge. Blessed are thy magnets.

>tallarns can advance and fire any weapon
>black legion can advance and turn their 2 shots into 1 shot

Why Black Library books are so shitty?

They're the ones that you can't shoot at.