Warhammer Replicas

Are you guys okay with handmade proxies?

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/34200132/Modelling-Baneblade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

looks cool OP
would play against/10

If you ain't playing official GW stamped mens, I do a 360 and walk away.

Of course. We call that conversion from the ground up.

I'm okay with shockingly elaborate papier mache proxies, yes.

casual play - sure, whatever, just make sure it's the similar size and clearly recognizable
tournament play - organizer's discretion (usually won't fly)

Literally just needs some filler over the exposed cardboard edges and it'll look quite nice.

I've kind of wanted to make a lot of models from scratch with sculpey and balsa and find someone to play games with them.

Ground-up conversions, I like it.

I've been trying to find an elegant solution to covering corrugated segments. Will have to experiment and try something in the future.

home made yes.
3rd party garbage from model companies no.
toys maybe,
that screaming bell is awesome.

wood filler, my dood.

Fuck, it looks so good. I get that some people would not be willing to play with you but still I find it look amazing

Just swap the shitty cardboard for wood or foamcore and we're good. I like the rest but the visible card sides kinda ruin it.

remember when geedubs had cardboard cutout templates for tanks, in case you couldn't buy them?

Holy shit OP
10/10 would play against

I think I remember one for Baneblade, got any others? post them

Post dat hydra in the background.

I almost feel like you should keep them. They add character.

Yes this. Do this.

This man speaks for reason

Only if they are the right way up

As long as you clearly tell me ahead of time what the proxy is supposed to be and it's similar in size to the official model, I don't mind.

But if you're playing at a local game store that sells the model your proxying, they may be less cool with it.

Yeah, thats cool. As long as its not a silver sharpie on a base-as a comand suit SPENCER

I’ll post the Hydra a bit later. Don’t have any pictures of it at the moment. However, I did make Queek Headtaker, my favorite Skaven lord

So long as we're having fun, fuck yeah.

AND YOU WONDER WHY THEY SHITCANNED FANTASY

Impressive, but why?

>not doing a 720

I like the lego hands

Alright. This is a replica of the Dark Elf War Hydra

You could always just cut a thin piece of paper/cardstock and glue it over the edges. Or fill them with hot glue.

This is some really creative stuff user, I like it.

When GW kills the universe, you gotta improvise.

It's amazing and I love it.

GW used to have cardboard layouts for tanks and stuff.
It encourages the hobby, with things here is a cardboard tank! And here is how to use GW parts with it!

The company that cared about the hobby die when 40k 4th edition rolled in

Yes.

Yep. It's very impressive, and I'd play against it in a heartbeat, but the exposed corrugation seriously detracts from the whole thing.

As long as a good amount t of work is put in, I'm okay with it.

Yeah if they look that good. I would only knock back the Necron sprue army.

Hells yeah I would!

>I do a 360 and walk away
>I do 360
>360

You do a pirouette and then walk in the direction you started from?

I'm well jell.

Don't say hot glue on Veeky Forums...

Especially when OP is showing off minis.

A well made proxy that shows clearly what it is? Hell yeah I'm okay with this. Building and painting something like this, or the other pieces in the thread takes more skill, dedication and passion for the hobby than assembling and painting the regular models.
Something that could be improved upon is hiding the cardboard texture, but considering the overall quality of these it doesn't bother that much.

Sure, that looks pretty cool.

You are one crazy motherfucker.
That model is impressive, how many hours have you spent on it?

Looks amazing.

Gotta ask though, with the amount of time you had to put in the bell and the hydra, wouldn't it be more sensible to just buy the official models?
>I scratch-built an ork dreadnought once, but I was a) fifteen and b) from a poor country.

I see somebody has been playing total war warhammer 2.
great stuff user. did you do some digging in the game to get a close up of the models?

As long as it's good and is close to the same size as the model it intends to facsimilate I see no problem.

Funny thing about that. Spent about 4 hours on the actual assembly of the body, tail, and all 5 heads. That was the easy part. The challenge was actually painting it. Took about 6 hours of work to paint it, but I didn't do it all at once. Usually on days that I had free time, I would add onto it section by section.

Yeah, I use Total War: Warhammer 2 to get all the reference pictures I need. Usually I take a couple hundred just to make sure I don't miss anything. The modding kit also helps if I need to inspect something.

To be completely honest, when I compare the War Hydra official Games Workshop model, and the one in the game, the game version looks much more appealing. I really like the combination of 5 Rattlesnakes with a Dragon body. Not to mention the animations on it are really good. Must have take a lot of effort.

That's a completely valid point. Like I've said before, I have had some difficulty in finding a solution to filling the gaps with.

Some people in the thread suggested wood filler, hot glue, etc. I am working on implementing something like that in the future. I could also have 3D-printed it, but I suppose I was a bit lazy with it, so that's my bad.

>Being this new

I like it, it seems a lot larger than the real deal though?

This is a Chaos War Mammoth. One of my personal favorite units. I don't think they make the model anymore

Return from whence ye came, namefag and newfag both

Better than the kids who roll in with unpainted and unprimed models that thei moms paid for.

Why not add small pieces to the places with joints to make them look a bit less flat on the sides?

Other than that, superb.

jesus fuck

scribd.com/doc/34200132/Modelling-Baneblade

I may just have to try this.

Anyone have that gif of Michael Jackson and the Xbox?

This?

>Just swap the shitty cardboard for wood or foamcore and we're good. I like the rest but the visible card sides kinda ruin it.
This.
That's a real good-looking build, but the visible card spoils it.
Ten minutes with some tape takes that from "nice mock-up" to "sick build, brah".
An hour with putty to round out the living components puts it straight into "gawd damn" territory.

Unless you are specifically aiming for the carboard-y aesthetic, which I guess is fine but not to many folks' taste, I can't see why you'd put a couple of hours into getting this fairly right, but not the extra hour getting it properly right.

>missing out on the chance for the sick rhyme by ending with 'same'
I know I'm autistic but little things like that can sometimes turn a zinger into oral immolation.

Hey, if you're in Poland I'd gladly have some stuff made by you in exchange for modeling materials and painting services.

Impressive.
Are your creations scaled to 28mm like the minis?

If you still have the blueprints, please post them.

>Gotta ask though, with the amount of time you had to put in the bell and the hydra, wouldn't it be more sensible to just buy the official models?

>Implying any amount of my time is worth $100.

hence my guess that you are either young, from Poland, or most likely both

Looks dope, user. I'd almost want you to do all your warmachines like that.