Why are there no Nice Marines in 40k?

Nothing stopping Your Guys from being Respectable Marines

Name one bad thing Ultramarines have ever done, I dare you

Salamanders
>>

Monarchia.

Exist.

Not that kind of Nice

40k started out as a deliberately ironic and silly over the top grimdark setting that could laugh at itself, and then got too far up its own ass and stopped laughing. Neither of these settings are very conducive to "Nice Marines", though in the former case there were probably more individual examples of such things, like how there was a half-eldar that was treated perfectly fine and ended up serving in multiple Space Marine chapters.

brutalising civilians, nuking a city, humiliating zelots, blocking aid.
yeah. ultras
>>>out

>implying anyone could compare to the Lamenters

What is some good early lore that is silly and over the top?

40k isn't a nice setting.

That said, nice things can happen. There was that post of the Ultra bowing to a pilgrim because the pilgrim helped him out of a spiritual crisis.

False religious zealots don't count as living things. Nice try, heretics!

the inosent of monarchia who starved in a rad saturated hellhole were though.

it's kinda surprising how long have jokearo been in fluff

>For those we cherish, we die in glory

I'd like them if their motto wasn't so cringeworthy.

Aside from maybe fresh scout marines who haven't seen much, I highly doubt there's such a thing as a Space Marine that hasn't done something "bad". This isn't like Warhammer Fantasy.

Hi r*ddit

The space sharks are known to be strangely formal and polite when talking to someone outside of the chapter, that is until they cleanse the near vicinity of anything with a pulse

If I didn't know better it is one of those OC parodies like Cold Steel.

Salamanders

XD

Aren't Salamanders and Lamenters pretty nice dudes?

You don't like le doggos?

Despite being horrific monstrosities, the Black Dragons are pretty alright. Guess they take after their dad in that way (though they don't get along with their older brother chapter).

Space Wolves (40k, not 30k)
Salamanders
Ultramarines (except Sicarius)

>Ravenguard
>Salamanders
>Lamenters

Literally nice marines.

>I'd like them if their motto wasn't so cringeworthy.
Leave this place you edgemiester teen.

Salamanders and Lamenters.

Literally the entirety of orks in the 90's.
That's where stuff like red moves faster came from, and the fact that they're actually the strongest psych race in the game and WAAAAGGHH energy can perform impossible miracles, but they're too dumb to be aware of this so they have no control of it.

Favorite example being a nob smacks one of his boyz and swears that he just refueled the truck this morning, all of his boyz believe him, so the trukk is fully fueled, even if there's nothing but fumes in the tank.

I feel like a heretic would say the exact same to a loyalist...

But fuck them theyre heretics.

Be associated with Matt Ward.

Heretics only lie and spew filth, it is of no concern to me what they say.

Fuck off to the other side of the Galaxy in the Emperor's greatest time of need maybe?
Also these. Space Wolves can be pretty bro too, at times.

Also this.

I recommend you read Space Marine by Ian Watson. It doesn't laugh at itself that much, but it's definitely self-aware and over-the-top. The space marines are very explicitly thugs and assorted scum brainwashed and enhanced into crazied zealots, which is consistent with how were treated in early lore. It's also the first and probably best 40k book ever published

WHAT? OF COURSE THERE ARE NOISE MARINES IN 40k! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD ASK THAT QUESTION.

Stop larping.

Space Wolves were bros in 30k. They treated Hawser alright, fixing him up and being chill with him

>nofun

>Innocent
>Monarchia
Choose one

You could just say you have shit taste, you know.

I just dislike childish adults

I bet you hate dancing, too

Lamantars and salamanders are pretty cool. Some space wolves are good blokes.
The less chaotic aligned Alpha Legion tend to be great to normal humans.

Pre heresy Luna Wolves had their moments as well.

>Pre heresy Luna Wolves had their moments as well.
Like shit stompping remembrancers?

Titus was a nice guy, but he's not canon, sadly.
There's Pedro Cantor, but he is a legit good guy but not really a nice guy.

It's also not their warcry, at least according to the Badab War books. It might be listed somewhere else, but Badab War Book 1 has more detail on them than any other source and it says nothing on their warcry. I personally think 40kwiki just pulled that off

Is Lysander the biggest dick marine?

Some if them hung out with the rememberers in the bars/clubs they set up. They were the ones sent down to isstvan.

Because nice gets you killed. You're warriors, not saviors.

Fuck off, the remembrancers deserved it.
Bunch of disrespectful retards they were

Some pre-Heresy Emperor's Children were pretty nice. I think every Legion did have chill dudes in them, even the World Eaters, when under control Kharn was quite the cool guy.

People seem to mixing up being nice with being a weakling, it's not the same thing.

>blond hair

It's not Fulgrim. It's just a random Emperor's Children.

>nice
>genociding anyone that disagrees with you and anyone that isn't a human, even peaceful foot note only-named-once races that have never done anything to you
Nobody in any halfway significant position of power is "nice" in 40k, be it Space Marines, Inquisitors, dick-ass Eldar, or otherwise. "Polite murderer" is about the best you'll get, short of random civilians on pleasure worlds or whatever that don't matter.

>acting as expected for the Crusading Imperium
>murders them not us
>knows when to please, excuse me and thank you
That's nice enough for me.

>sincerity is cringe
You're a fag.

get out

What is your pic detailing, user? I'm really curious

Not that user, but the average marine spends about 30 minutes of the day killing shit or training to kill shit when not enjoying his four hours of sleep (providing the captain of his company is that generous). How would they have time to come to cherish or gain any sort of appreciation for a random civilian? Fans of the Lamenters fans are on the same tier of Reasonable Marines fags as far as trying to be unique for doing things incredibly out of character for a marine chapter, though the later has the be benefit of being one of Veeky Forums's garbage homebrews rather than official.

I don't know, someone posted it with a funny line by the Marines seeing no heresy on the thread and asking the Farseer in a friendly tone a few generals ago.
Google fu only points me to russian stuff. My Google fu is weak.

That's okay, user, you did your best. If anyone finds it please post it.

You can die in glory for your Primarch, for your Chapter Master, for your Battle Brother, the ones you cherish don't need to be the puny humans.

And a few Space Marines do keep a closer contact with civilians, enough to actually cherish them for real, like the Salamanders.

Salamanders, Lamenters, Ultras(realm of ultramar is still best place to live in 40k unless tyranids), Woofs under Logan, Crimson Fists

Many examples mentioned above are Nice Marines, when it's Nice by Space Marine standards.

Generally nice - no. If your psychoindoctrinated superhuman killing machine is nice, you did something wrong.

>What are Salamanders

1. it's not Live Action if he's doing it on a forum, retard
2. this is literally the board for roleplay
3. get a clue

well that's eldrad isn't it?

it's apparently from a fb page. Supposedly dedicated to promoting artists, but they intentionally don't mention the names of the authors as per their about page.
So it kind of seems like it's a fishy platform to attract attention to unlicensed merchandise that pops up in the ads.

They also don't seem to be connected to the guys selling art prints.

Call me cynical, but I doubt they do this just to share the artwork. If they did they would credit the artists at least.

It's supposed to be the four admins of the group.

I love it how the Eldar obviously has some sort of a problem whereas the Marines appear cool with whatever crisis it is they're discussing.

Codex Astartes, thus dividing the legions violently
Marines are literally made to die for the imperium and its loyal citizens, and Lamenters are one of the few chapters that truly embrace their purpose. Please leave.
Friendship is magic, and magic is HERESY!

>Codex Astartes, thus dividing the legions violently
And effectively making the Black Legion a real threat instead of a bunch of irrelevant warbands

wow it's almost like they're supersoldiers fighting in an eternal war against endless nightmares in which regardless of success or failure they see planets die and billions suffer screaming fates worse than death, with victory only reducing the deathtoll as the marines are constantly thrust into worst case situations as critical response units

its as if their job is to slaughter the alien hordes, butcher the evil god worshiping heretics, and exterminate rebels by the bushel

as if clinging to concepts such as compassion and politeness is pointless in a universe in which a single marine life could be the difference between a planet's life or death today or centuries later, whereas the death of even millions of humans is ultimately unremarkable, meaning that fighting for anything other than absolute victory is pointless

it's almost like it's a dark universe, echoing with the laughter of cruel gods.

Not call me back. :(

Being nice literally makes demons come out of your ass and start rapekilling everything. Why? Because space marines eat brains to gain memories

PARDON