Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

The ghost of old Veeky Forums edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=EnS1CmgB7ko&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1482
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

just a whim away

Now that Ogryn Bodyguards can't bounce wounds around, what is the best use?
Just Deathmask for a shitty "deathstar" or leaching wounds off of Pask and Co?
Posting on both for an answer.

>what is the best use?
Acting as bodyguard

So I found out Grey Knight Terminators are strictly inferior to Paladins, as are Eldar Warlocks to Spiritseers (for a negligible point difference). What other units currently have no reason to exist?

Beside Conscripts :^)

>Getting the Lion back
Would repaint everything as dark angels if they became a legion

>there's a good chance Farsight Enclaves will get their own
I'd bet money against it. Harlequins and GSC and Thousand Sons and Death Guard all have multiple exclusive kits. Farsight Enclaves have a single character, who has reunited with the rest of the Empire.

Lion a shit. Vulkan da best

Nth for best Terminators.

Unnamed GK Grand Masters not in babycarriers, GK Brotherhood Ancients, unnamed Captains, unnamed Librarians (both because of the Primaris Librarian and Tigurius) and a large portion of other unnamed characters for whom there is a special character equivalent right now. And that's just off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, and as of the FAQ, the Leman Russ Annihilator is strictly better than the Vanquisher again.

What;s this 4CP necron strategem i saw some anons discussing on the warhammer facebook?

WHERE MY FELLOW BEEP-BOOPS AT

GKT are Troops and therefore have ObSec.

I'd be surprised if Chapter Approved doesn't push up the price of every sub-100 point psyker with full Smite.

Exalted Sorcerers are pretty silly with Ahriman available.

Dead

A homebrew from the facebook team.

True, but they have a bunch of unique characters that could get models, and if you want to expand the Tau battlesuit lineup outside of FW (and let's be real, most Tau players like them for the battlesuits), FSE is a great starting point.

Either the FB team taking the piss out of someone or just being incredibly shitty at the game.

Is she the definitive superior waifu of 40k ?

>I'd be surprised if Chapter Approved doesn't push up the price of every sub-100 point psyker with full Smite.
Would be a strange move considering they just slashed the prince of Spiritseers by a third.

>Be Papa Smurf
>Follow the Codex to the letter and worship God and the Son of God
>Have your ego stroked by both codex writers and in-universe
>Son of God comes back
>He tells you the Codex is fucking shit and throws it out before calling your tactics shit in front of everyone
>Be demoted to a glorified gate guard

JUST

Apropos. Russ is definitely all mouth.

Well she is not a Daemonette so I think that answers you question.

4CP - Once per battle, when a Necron unit has been completely destroyed, use this stratagem to make RP rolls for them anyways.

Unofficial one from the Facebook team, don't take it as evidence their Codex is next or anything, they're not getting one til 2018.

No she is ugly witch.

>they have a bunch of unique characters that could get models
No, they have a handful of random names that have fuck-all lore or representation. Every real faction has loads of characters with more character than the loadouts-with-names that are the Eight.

> if you want to expand the Tau battlesuit lineup outside of FW (and let's be real, most Tau players like them for the battlesuits), FSE is a great starting point.
No, it doesn't. The FSE are buddy-buddy with the Empire, and prior to that they were cut-off and would have difficulty developing new suits.

Rogue Stygies Maniple 12 reporting in from our nebula-shrouded hulk.

Alright metal men, now I've tracked you down you're gonna answer some questions for me.

>Why is everyone bitching about AdMech being shit? They look balanced?
>how do they stack up in the current meta, Guard nerfs notwithstanding?
>what does a competitive AdMech list look like?

Meanwhile on Baal, the coolest chapter master to ever lives keeps on kicking ass.

They just massively nerfed Commissars in an FAQ. GW is retarded and still have fuck-all playtesting.

Yes, to sell them over the next two months, and then nerf them in CA to force the WAACfags to spend more money on something else.

GW is honestly fucking brilliant. By the time 8th is over they will have liquidated all the assets of all WAACfags everywhere and turned it into pure profit, balanced the game, and driven that toxic slime out of our community.

So how will the other chapter masters be treated by their primarchs? I assume most would probably do better than Papa Smurf.

What's with the cat?

Aww, I read this wrong.

I thought it said 'Lion taking a random shit'.

They needed it now commissars are decent but not OP.

How can you even see to type with all the tears in your eyes?

BEEP BOOP, NIGGA, BEEP BOOP
Working on some conversions:
2 Squads of Vanguard, one with GSC neophytes and one with Cadians
1 Recut Dominus
1 squad of Electro-Beastmen Servivitor

And a Plasma Gun replacement

this looks shopped, but i am not an expert

I picked up Gangs if Commoragh for the models.
Is it worth looking at the rules for the boardgame, or just not a good enough game to make it worthwhile?

What tickles me the most is that he was one of the most jerked characters (not counting Draigo and shit), but ever since HH took off and infected 40k, now Guilliman is back and he's as redundant and irrelevant as you can hope for. Quite karmic.

Nah they posted it. It doesn't make it official or anything.

But user we pretty much got squatted on baal. We are being replaced with new no face Numarines

Oh, I'm not saying that the nerf wasn't necessary, I'm just saying that GW doing really, really stupid shit with these codexes isn't unknown. Everyone knew that Commissars were an issue, but GW still didn't catch it until after the codex hit.

Psychic familiar

Does he always wear a mask?

pls no baneposting

I can't find it right now but I believe they said something about the IG book being at the printer before 8th launched.

You're reading shit that ain't there. I'm not an IG player.

It would be par for the course for GW to cut the price of the Spiritseer now and in two months realize Smite-spam is a thing and bring their price back up.

>still being salty because you can't ignore morale anymore
It should have never been anything but a reroll, since that is what it always was. the only unit that this majorly affects is conscripts, who needed to be nerfed.
>but muh not getting to choose
A commissar would never sit by and let guys run away. Boo fucking hoo, your as fearless as a fucking marine veteran sergeant, cry me a fucking river.
Stay mad bitch nigger, your tears are delicious

>>Why is everyone bitching about AdMech being shit? They look balanced?
Their main infantry are kind of shit compared to last edition. They got a lot of unnecessary nerfs.

However, they're still fully viable as an army. It's just that the internal balance is wonky and some of the flavor they used to have has been stripped away.

>how do they stack up in the current meta, Guard nerfs notwithstanding?
Pretty solid, there was one in the top 5 at SoCal opening day.

>what does a competitive AdMech list look like?
Almost definitely needs to run Cawl. Other than that I'm not sure. I assume some Kastelans, Neutronagers, and Dragoons.

The codex went to the printer before 8th came out. And they still fixed it, come on. Blame shitty playtesters.

>Everyone knew that Commissars were an issue, but GW still didn't catch it until after the codex hit.
The Facebook confirmed today that the books were already off to the printers before 8th edition had even dropped.

It's basically a plagiarized version of X-Wing. It will also never be mentioned ever again or supported by GW so be aware that you're trying to get into a dead game.
It was probably meant to be something you could do with the minis you were buying for your army anyway because of that discount.

Don't even compare Gathering Storm bullshit to 30k. The BL HH novels are also not an accurate representation.

codex was written long before the issue was identified. are people so retarded that they think codexes are written anywhere close to when they come out?

You've made one key mistake. You forgot Phil Kelly still works there.

He showed his face to the sanguinor recently. Thats about all i know.

In front of his men, yes. He only takes it off in his private quarters. He does this to prevent his soldiers to see that, being 1500 years old, he's visibly feeling his age.

So how is Russ gonna feel about the old wolf?

Possible. But in that case I'm surprised that there was the conscripts nerf and Scions plasma nerf in it.

Maniple 12 here.
>>We don't suck, but we have nothing super fantastic. Max unit of Electropriests can kill anything in the game but Morty though.
>>middling. Suffering from a lack of variety.
>>Dakka bots and onagers.

Retoasting from the other thread.

So I'm running a bunch of Scions in one detachment, and Crusaders and junk in another detachment. I noticed their Chimeras have but the rest of the units don't.

How exactly does that work? Do I pick a regiment for the vehicle alone? Which one would be best for a couple heavy bolter chimeras then?

Also, considering picking up a baneblade from China. What's a good all-purpose variant? I have plenty of low strength nonsense in my army, but not a lot of high strength. I was considering a Hellhammer.

GW is responsible for the playtesting.

That's not surprising, and it makes the massive difference between the first couple codexes and the more recent ones even more appalling.

Damn forgot pic

You can't squat the Blood Angels. Just like all the other chapters, they'll be a mix of marinelets and chads.

>Drawfag was banished
lol, what? The one that did these chibis? Idk... I kinda liked It, but I get It.

Smite spam is being nerfed directly in Chapter Approved if leaks are to be believed, it will be maximum of 3 casts per phase.

Where's this from?

Commissar nerfs were necessary, but they went too far.

t. Sisters of Battle player.

He meant bashing, I think

Almost he only takes it off around his captains and other high ranking officials or his serfs

>commissars nerfed
>bodyguards can no longer take hits for tanks
>tanks can no longer go to ground
>tallarn can't infiltrate 9 russes that fire twice

It is a good day.

Clever.

Literally this.
Post your Terminators, 40kg

>>Falling for the Cawl Meme
Enjoy your shitty rerolls to hit, and your awful FW trait. Meanwhile I have two more Dakkabots that are -1 to hit

No they went exactly far enough.

The only thing in that whole FAQ that went too far was making "Send in the next wave!" cost reinforcement points, that gutted it.

Bullshit.

t. Other Sisters of Battle player

None of the name characters died.

Thanks GW.
We had 2 weeks of being a strong army.
BUT FUCK THAT.
FAQ US BACK TO THE FUCKING GROUND FLOOR.

>You can't squat the Blood Angels
Hahahahaha, What do you mean? All they have to do is say Old Blood Angels are gone here are the Numarines to take their place and then we lose all our flavor and just become another paint job.
>Just like all the other chapters, they'll be a mix of marinelets and chads
Until they decide that marinelets arent selling anymore and just get rid of them.

Thanks cogfriends. Asking for a friend who's mystified by the new codex and needs to get his ass in gear.

Now this is better.

No they didn't, and your a lying fucking WAACfag

t. anyone with a brain

Haha - sucks 2bu faggot.

b8

Bait or retarded?

The tears of WAACfags like you give me nourishment.

No, they definitely went too far. Commissars will not make their points back, or even really come close now, and conscripts are shit tier now.

holy shit cheers for making me just type that in to see what it was, im currently after some hellions and reavers for my army and that has just saved me a good few quid for the future.

My a lying fucking WAACfag?
I don't think I have one of those.

Do you think Ynnari will get codex together with Harlequins?
Harlequins and Ynnar aren't real armies anyway.

Chad or not, we'll stay just as red, angelic and bloodthirsty as always. No way the BAs are going to be reduced to "just another paint job" after being a special chapter for litteral decades.

>making "Send in the next wave!" cost reinforcement points, that gutted it.
On the other hand it made it consistent with all the other unit/model creation rules. Which is a good thing. You can know reliable that if you create a new unit you need to pay points, and if you just add models to an existing unit, you don't.

It's pretty simple to get, just accuse anyone who beats you or disagrees with you of being one, and you too will be your very own waacfag some day.

>conscripts are shit tier now
Thats the whole point. they are a bullet soak to die by the dozens.

user at this point we know you are baiting so just stop please. For all of us. We have explained to you why you are wrong so its getting tiresome.

Probably would be the best way to do it, arent both of them basically the eldar equivalent of inquisitors and assassins?