What's wrong with tieflings?

What's wrong with tieflings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2PSueHOY-Jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing. It's usually the players.

The same thing that's wrong with shit:

They belong in the toilet, yet they somehow always end up on the street.

Fuck off and kill yourself. we've had this thread everyday for weeks now

Hair-trigger haters who can't reign in their anger.

Edgelords are sometimes attracted to tieflings, but that's the fault of those players. Might as well say that pipes are terrible because terrorists make pipe bombs.

I don't mind tieflings that are actually played as evil. It's the speshul snowflake waaaaaah I'm so oppressed but good anyway type that sucks ass and always draws the worst type of players.

They started showing up outside of Planescape campaigns.

Nothing, as long as they're Barbarians.

Nothing, but they shouldn't be a core race in the PHB. They should be an expansion race and their demonic heritage shouldn't be dominant.

A tiefling breeding with a human shouldn't produce a pure tiefling.

Being a core race implies they're more or less common in the world, which demonspawn should not be

Depends on both setting and player.

No one can decide what they actually look like. Some draw them as humans with horns and a tail, while others go the whole nine yards with red skin, horns, tail, goat legs, and other more subtly demonic looking features. Sometimes they're just Hellboy.

Also,

What about neutral Teiflings who were raised in a good society, and desperately want to be good, but still feel the temptations of their demonic heritage?

>MUH NPC'S DON'T LIKE ME
>MUH APPEARANCE SCARES PEOPLE
>I READ MY RACE DESCRIPTION SO I THINK I CAN RP
>MY DAD WAS A SUUUUUPER POWERFUL DEVIL, I ALREADY KNOW A GAJILLION EVIL MAJICKS

that's whats wrong.

This.

Only good roleplayers can pull that off and most tiefling players, in my experience, choose tiefling because they think it looks cool, not because they're interested in the character concepts and ramifications.

what your thoughts on tiefling tail going down their butt and wrapping around their thigh.
>Tail thigh ring.
Nothing, but this

Same as girls. Anons resent them because they're hot.

First post best post.

fpbp

Tieflings are the extreme end of the spectrum as far as what PCs can be, the other end being brown hair human male fighters. Just like with religion extremists to edition extremists, it's proven people who gravitate toward extremism have some form of nihilistic beliefs. It could be philosophical nihilism where the player is lacking the belief in one or more reputable aspect of life, or it could be moral nihilism where the player doesn't believe in inherent morality. Or it could be epistemological, ontological, or metaphysical nihilism. The point is, there is a strong correlation between extremism and nihilism, and a strong correlation between nihilists and assholes.

>Lets take an obviously uncommon special snowflake race
>And make put in the the PHB so players will want to play them!
And then DMs sound like assholes when they ban core content.
Honestly would probably be better of saying that the character has demonic ancestry but you still look human.

pretty much this.

So... what if the setting does have tieflings as repressed and hunted?

I mean, in my own setting, due to the big bad having summoned an army, noteably including from Hell, you can imagine a lot of people who fled from the BBEG aren't terribly keen on anything of infernal of abyssal heritage.

I prefer it to just another tiefling paladin that's desperate to prove them all wrong (totally not playing just for the cha bonus), or much worse the tiefling that's eager to prove them all right. It's not like you need to describe your character only in terms of good and evil though. That doesn't really reflect the types of goals people typically have.

>So my fiendish ancestor was a succubus-
>My name...is Crimson Shadowblade......The last of my line.........And I will not stop............Until I have my...............REVENGE!!1!
>What do you mean I'm not allowed entry into the cathedral just because I have a tail, horns, black/red eyes, horns, and am a pact warlock with a Devil Prince?!

I'm not saying we need to purge all tiefling players, but we need to purge tiefling players.

Brianna Amor

Nothing is wrong with them, but I liked old planescape so there is that. The big problem is, as always, the players and the dm's. Both either edgelord the hell out of them or super Drizzt that shit. The main thing I am not too fond of, is the idea that they are always just demon/devil. I liked it more when they were sort of a crap shoot of features of whatever bizarre ass outsider decided to fuck your ancestors.

Hell, I would be fine with someone playing a stereotype/snowflake/edgelord/whatever if the person was good at playing it. People just tend to be shit at playing tropes.

Atleast one of their ancestors

It's cool to hate tieflings!

What street do you live on? I don't think I've ever seen shit in the street where I live.

you know there is that whole sidebar that explicitly says "gnomes, dragonborn, half-elces, half-orcs, and tiefling are uncommon to outright rare in the handful of settings they even exist in"

I also even took it to imply that, despite being in a core rulebook, a GM could outright veto their existence.

>gnomes
The rest of those I agree with, but gnomes? Gnomes have been pretty common in most settings since 1e, and were a PC race in the very first PHB, and every one since. Why gnomes?

Half-elves and Half-Orcs are not on that sidebar.
I have a group of 3 and one went tiefling and another dragonborn.

You might need to call a plumber m8, that's not normal.

check the PHB for 5e, says on page 33 in a sidebar "uncommon races" and lists Dragonborn, gnomes (which, yes, does surprise me), half-elf, half-orc, and tiefling.

I (the gnome guy) am not saying it's not in the book, just that I don't get what they were thinking when they wrote it.

Found the poo, now find your loo.

yeah, I can agree with that, best I can think is that they felt gnomes were some awkward in between of dwarves and halflings that they might have felt a setting or game could survive without.

The only problem with tieflings is that they havent beem smoted yet.

HEY, IT ONLY ENDS UP ON THE DESIGNATED STREET!!!!

I play a tiefling that gives guns to children and tries to win peoples souls in fiddle contests

I played a Tiefling Bard once

I don't want to do that again

Why not? It's a popular combo. What went wrong?

I didn't care for it. I think it was more a "me" problem -- it was one of my first characters when I first started and I fougnd it tough playing a character that relied heavily on charisma while having an appearance that made people highly suspicious of you.

I should probably try it out again soon thoug

Eyebrow horns look like a caterpillar's osmeterium, making me afraid that tieflings will defend themselves by smelling bad if I anger them.

That's the DM's fault. People should be assuming you're "one of the good ones," especially with 16+ CHA.

>people look at your Tiefling bard weirdly
>Not using your bard skills to win them over and focus on the stories you tell instead of you, becoming Medieval Fantasy Robin Williams and desperately struggling with depression behind the scenes.
>Or not channeling your frustration into your music and becoming the first heavy metal or rock artist, screaming your rage to your audiences in a way that reasonates with people.

That's true too, in hindsight. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing at the time, and now that I have a better understanding of Bards I should try again.

well I mean, a lot of tieflings smell like sulfur

Is the syllogism here something like

>Tieflings are at the extreme end of a spectrum of possible characters; therefore, tiefling players are extremists
>Extremists hold nihilistic beliefs; they can be categorized as nihilists
>Nihilists are assholes
>Therefore, tiefling players are assholes

Because that seems like a pretty big leap, really.

I would be so sad trying to RP Robin Williams bard because I know that I sit a comfortable 10 charisma below the guy and would not be able to do the concept justice.

So does this tie into some kind of horseshoe theory? I'm not certain about the assumption that extremism leads to nihilism. What if somebody is an extremist about Divine Command theory and claims that all of the things in your image are wrong because of the existence of the divine?

>I sit a comfortable 10 charisma below the guy
Oh, so you think you have 28 charisma, user?

Because I was somewhat unclear on the concept at the time, the only tiefling I ever played was an entomologist who went adventuring partly in support of his insect-collecting hobby. He wore a lot of formal black clothing and looked a bit like a demonic Anglican priest with a bug net. In his mind, the infernal-heritage thing was always secondary to his interest in beetles. I can’t even remember what his class was; he might have been a cleric.

I still like that character.

Good trips good character.

The DEMONS?

They aren't succubi

I play as heir of family who has almost pathological desire to sell out to otherworldly forces for forbidden lore (it's not in the blood, it's like with alcoholism). He'd definitely gamble his soul in fiddle contest.

Both brand new to rpg players chose tie fling sorcerers and didn’t even read the race description. One of them put a 12 in cha tho looool. Is the group fucked they are both girls and seem like edge lords.

Nothing, really. It's one of the few half-something that don't suck a million dicks per hour. The problem is edgelords see "half-demon" and they just lose their wits to the throbbing edge boner they get from the concept. In this case is the players, not the character, who are wrong.

One of my favorite characters was a tiefling paladin. I basically played him by imitating Hellboy and we all had a blast.

Oh, so you shitposted two threads at once?
>

Go fuck a goat.

What kind of symbol would a low-nobility tiefling pick as his personal heraldic emblem?

Convey how another character reacts upon seeing a tiefling in a place without directly mentioning place or the word tiefling.

Most of the houses of Bael Turath drew symbolism from elemental imagery, demonic imagery or things related to base emotions/feelings (Like blood, food or love).

Disgust.

Wariness, curiosity, disgust.

Go back, or face thy doom.

Pajeet, you know exactly how it happens.

Is she hot?

we have several tiefling related threads right the fuck now. at this rate should just have like /tiefg/ so this shit can be contained in one thread.

On that note nothing wrong with tieflings. They are actually a really cool race. The problem is due to the lore for the race it is the perfect bait for ThatGuys and dipshits who can't roleplay the race beyond the "baww I have demon blood, but I go against my nature" faggotry.

Nothing wrong with them

Stop oppressing them

tieflings vary in their resembelence to their demonic heritage. I like it because it leaves room to have your character look as human or inhuman as you want.

First post best post, as always.

Varying mixture of concern, curiosity, wariness, disgust, and outright terror.

Tits too small.

Cringe

Concern, wariness, suspicion
Was it supposed to be hard to avoid mentioning those words?

Tiny horns

thanks

*watches a single Jordan Peterson video*

I wanna fucc

And that's how their numbers grew enough to be a core race.

>Jordan Peterson
What's the importance of this dude?

I don't think that's sound.
I don't accept the premises you've provided and most of them have been under explained

youtube.com/watch?v=2PSueHOY-Jk

Too safe and diluted.

Tieflings should be direct descendents of a fiend, or the result of a curse.

As babies they're cambions, filled with sinister childish tendencies. Also, they can increase their weight, breaking things below them. If you're carrying one, they're intent is to drag you down to hell to meet their parent.

They grow out of this phase.

but that's how real babies act

They look fucking dumb

>imitating Hellboy

Frankly the only way to play Tieflings i'll accept.