Who the fuck buys this hot trash from Wizards?

Who the fuck buys this hot trash from Wizards?

saw it yesterday at walmart 20 bucks for 5 foil basic land card 2 shitty rares and three booster packs

they use to be good when they were 5 booster packs

and a spin down die

your walmart has ultra pro exclipse sleeves ???

People who know somebody who plays Magic but don't understand anything about Magic, who want to give a gift to him. Hence "gift pack".

All gift packs they've ever made have been utter shit, apart from Multiverse Gift Pack back in like 1996 or something, because that one had foreign language boosters, preview boosters from an unreleased set (Visions) and a super good storage box.

Does any other game produce such a huge volume of racid garbage? It seems like every other game, when they have a product out there for people to buy off store shelves, has more value than anything Wizards makes for Magic. Hell even Pokemon TCG crap, which is ALSO MADE BY WIZARDS, has more value.

That's WotC copying Pokemon's shelf presence. Pokemon has been doing this shit for years.

So the answer is: Children and their mothers. That's who buys this hot trash.

pokemon

The difference is that the pokemon boxes sometimes have good stuff in them. Here we're looking at two dollar-bin rares and a whopping five basic lands (now I only need to buy 25 boxes more to have a manabase!).

Most Walmarts use a vendor for this kind of stuff, so whatever is on that shelf is only being sold *in* Walmart, not *by* Walmart.

They should start producing more shit like Clash Packs, which were a fucking home run, but since we can't have nice things we get this shit, which is intentionally shit so it fills the shelves.
Merfolk vs Goblins is almost good, but it isn't right there yet. Much better than Mind vs Might and Speed vs Cunning though, an improvement was made.
Krenko and Master of PearlTrident/Waves are good shit, and a tribal duel deck being released when the tribal set is right here is a good move.

YUGIOH

They should have put in something like Goblin Guide or True-name Nemesis.

But then people might buy them and we wouldn't be able to get the product into the hands of children!

PLEASE, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

My LGS has been staring at the one they got for about a week now trying to understand why it exists. Popular explanation is that it's to confuse the elderly into buying it for their children instead of the pokemon they asked for.

I like the lands, but not enough for what they are looking for.

>tfw you will never find Magic cards at the 99 cents store.

Also a playset of Aether Vials between both decks.
That would be sweet

That Chandra looks like a knockoff WoW gnome that got stretched too tall.

That's the appropriate price for Funko-anything though. Nothing wrong with this

lies, structure decks actually give you good reprints and some, if you buy 3, can be semi-competitive

Picked up one of these for a fiver at Five Below. It's basically Heroquest: MtG Edition which is kinda cool albeit handled in the worst way possible (The Hasbro way).

That was just Dark World and Blue Eyes, I think.
Konami a shit. If there's anything WotC does right is not focusing on archetypes that last for a set or two before never seeing a card again and being powercreeped by the next hot stuff

Konami has been improving on that part, we're seeing support for ancient shit that's really bringing up the game. Nobody ever expected Magnet Warrior support but here we are.

Recently ABCs as well.

>western tcg figures
>Japanese tcg figures
No contest.

god why are western companies so shit at everything in comparison to Japan.

I wouldn't say that, but comparing Hasbro to literally any other company is kind of unfair.

Dark World, Blue-Eyes, HERO, Pendulum Magicians, ABC, Dinosaurs, Monarchs, Dragons and D/D/D are all playable if you buy 3 structure decks. Pendulum Magicians would be there twice if had gotten Pendulum Evolution as a structure deck.

>which is ALSO MADE BY WIZARDS
Pokemon stopped being a WotC thing around R/S/E or maybe D/P/P, I forget.

I seem to recall being impressed by lightsworns, were they just a meme?

>No Urza figure

WotC lost the license in 2003 and Ruby & Saphhire was the first Post-WotC set

>Implying younger MtG players would know who he is

>Implying they shouldn't be introduced to the second greatest villain in MTG

Actually, I think WotC really needs to lay off of the supplemental shit for a while after M25 passes.
They are oversaturating their own market and it isn't helping.

Dollarama sometimes has these jank packs with ten random bulk cards. Could be fun for a really casual draft or something.

>implying Urza is second to anyone

>implying Urza doesn't look like a saint when compared to MaRo

K so this seems like a good thread to ask, what's the best way to get more magic cards without looking for individual ones? Just buying tons of boosters? Those $20 boxes?

Playing limited events and prereleases

>Urza
>not shit
Pick one and only one. I was so happy when Gerard decapitated him and so mad when he kept talking anyway.

Go to bed, Yawgmoth.