/40kg/ - Warhammer 40,000 General

Make a new thread you lazy fucks edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=EnS1CmgB7ko&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1482
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Ynnari still OP Craftworlds mid-tier edition

>Make a new thread you lazy fucks
It was page 8, fuck you.

No, this is a FLG event. Reece came on the stream to explain what was going on.

What's in your fridge que tonight?

>release books with typos
>do this a lot
>be surprised when people innocently take lists based on typos into tournaments on prominent streams.

Nth for true chaos

are Primaris Marines any good?

Finished my spraybox. Complete with BUCKET.
Now, how do I move this into my fridge for optimum lighting?

Ryan is playing right now though?

This shitty photoshop
Hahahaha oh fuck I never opened the image so I'd never seen how awful it was before
Fuck yourself Malal faggot

Not really.

Everything except Intercessors and Reivers.

If I have 8 Devastators, 4 Plasma Cannon and 4 Lascannon, are they better off fully segregated or integrated?

Yes, an almost all Primaris Raven Guard list took 2nd place at the GT.

Working on my Stormcast turn Inquisitor. Not finished, of course. I'm a little worried about the back of the stormbolter. What should I add to make it mesh a little better? And I plan on sculpting that cloak to join the shoulders, but do you think a hood would be too much? What about a psychic hood thingy?

I'm posting because I have to work and I want (you's) when I come back in 6 hours. Please don't disappoint me

Yeah, they're playing the game out because they're not manchildren. I just heard him on stream lamenting that he potentially cost some of his opponents advancement in the tournament.

Mediocre. Intercessors and Hellblasters are okay. All the Gravis stuff is overpriced. Rowboat Gummyman is so powerful he can carry them though.

That list won because of RG rules, not Primaris. Why do you think they were RG specifically.

He agreed to finish the game just for fun, even though his opponent now gets the win by default either way.

Top performing tourney guys are generally pretty good sports.

They're not going to make him stop playing the game.

They are also hot chads most of the time. We need more of them in the hobby

They make athletes who get DQd stop.

Just because he had extra icons?

Why do you have a bucket? Forgive my ignorance in the field of airbrushing.

Looking good. I say go for a hood rather than trying to sculpt a psychic hood.

Here (You) go friend.

Prove it nigger. I didn't see a Raven Guard non Primaris list in the top 10. Of course Raven Guard is a strong tactic, that doesn't mean Primaris aren't viable.

Get out of here gaybo, we need more hot babes in this hobby is what we need.

>Eldars top of the top-tier again edition
FTFY

He probably just wants to prove that he would have won?

Am I more of a WAAC fag if I paint my dudes as RG, or as HawkLords(UM successors)?

Athletes can get injured, and there's usually other competitors to be shown. If they stop Ryan from playing, their stream is over prematurely.

I don't see non-RG Primaris in the top either.

>optimum lighting
Get an Ottlite. Especially the ones designed for sewing/crafting. Best lamps from a brightness/color balance perspective period.

>t. salty Guardfag

Yep. They brought him over the points limit.

This is why you don't be one of those guys who goes "aw it's just 4 points over user....." you graciously admit to you're opponent when you wronged and you fix your list. Or in this guys case, get DQ'd, accept the ruling, and play for fun.

>>/AOS/

For the airflow. Spray gets sucked in by the bathroom fan I have behind the box there, through the duct to the bucket. Any remaining particles of paint will be trapped in THE BUCKET.

They're streaming the game so they're not going to interrupt the stream. Also his opponent (I assume) actually wants to play the game. I know when I go to tournaments I want to actually play the game over the course of the rounds. Regardless of if the list is incorrect it would suck to not get to play one of your games.

His knight is also over cost.

Can't it be both?

Why does true chaos trigger you so?

A, them randomly deciding to make Icons free is something anyone with half a brain would investigate.

B, his reaction was not that of someone hearing for the first time about the Icon typo.

That doesn't mean shit. Primaris can take RG. The guy asked if Primaris were viable. He didn't ask if Primaris were viable without taking RG. Stop being a goalpost moving cunt.

His Knight was also 10-15 points under what it should have been.

Commissars Nerfed
Conscripts Dead
Guardcucks BTFO

>hey are tyranids viable in 7th?
>Yeah dude just take 5 flyrants and nothing else

>Guard fag boogeyman

CW:E is a top tier army right now with easy. I'll be shifting my Ynnair to CW:E because access to strategems is worth it.

You've got to have a fridge that is freezer on top, fridge section on the bottom. none of this bisected vertically bullshit.

Take out all the shelves. They're made to be removable so you can clean them. Then carefully move the set up into the now spacious fridge, and enjoy your studio quality lighting for painting and photography.

Not him but only the most insufferable hipster faggots ever Malalpost.

>That doesn't mean shit.

Actually it means everything, when the statement is RG topped, not Primaris.

>He didn't ask if Primaris were viable without taking RG.

If Primaris aren't viable without RG, THEN IT'S RG THAT ARE VIABLE, NOT PRIMARIS.

Was he trying to sneak it in? I don't want to be presumptuous about his intentions, but I feel like you need to be a special kind of stupid to not have someone else double check your list.

I want to start my first army, and found this offer for 200 dollars on craigslist. Is it worth it?

But how will I fight the spray box in? That's my main concern. It'll be chilly, but I will be wearing a coat and gloves so it's OK.

I hope your army becomes 7th ed ork tier

>taking a particular chapter tactic is the same as being locked into spamming all of the same unit
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize I was arguing with a retarded person. I feel bad now.

Magic tournament players will rather skip games if they're already out of the placing or will bribe people to forfeit.

Normally, when people have a condition like what faction the units are (which has a big impact on their performance, even in sub-factions like RG) the mention it.

You're a faggot, he obviously meant Primaris overall.

A. GW made conscripts immune to morale. Free wargear is not beyond anything they've done before.

B. his reaction was that of genuine regret for the opponent's he beat earlier, and a good natured willingness to continue the game while accepting his DQ.

Alright tell me then, what makes Craftworlds so unequivocally top-tier, outside of the meme list of Alaitoc Hemlocks that doesn't actually work without a constant flow of CP?

Yes? That's viable, every viable army had an optimal build.

From what I can tell no one actually Malalposts around her other than me and I only usually post one picture and go back to discussions, I'm only persisting now because it's funny.

>inb4 painted T'au meme
That's a good deal, but Riptides aren't the monsters they used to be. Very strong and durable, but if anyone gives you shit for bringing one, they need to neck themselves.

>implying Primaris have a lot of unit variety to begin with

You should feel bad, because you're retarded. Primaris aren't viable.

No he just used BattleScribe in all likelihood and got life fucked up.

I've played both and 100% MTG players look for drops. There is a difference between the two mentalities though I think.

Only those that relied on conscripts. I played a game today and I would've tabled my opponent on turn 3 had he not conceded on turn 2.

The game's ruleset isn't tight enough that going over 50 points can ascertain victory. Not saying you should secretly go over in tourneys, but Ryan saying he could have cost other players higher rankings is pure drama.

On that note, how come no one called him out until the final game? Is Brandon Grant a snake bitch?

Not really

How viable is an all-wraith Eldar list?

Yes I'm a Nazi.

Do white scars assault bolter intercessors at least sound fun?

I know marine troops are shit in general, but motor boating around at 8+D6” a turn with guns that still work sounds neat.

Even when advancing assault bolters equal stalkers and non rapid firing bolt rifles against MEQs

They’re like mini, scoring bikes

Q: Are Primaris viable?
A: Yes, here's a Primaris list that was top table at a major tournament
Some fucking autist: REEEEEEEE IT WAS TOP BECAUSE IT WAS RAVEN GUARD
Literally anyone with a brain: In what way does that disqualify the original answer of "yes, here's a Primaris list that was top table in a tournament?"

>viable

Can you not read, we're having an argument over this word right now.

well, magic is a much more strategically deep game for one, so long tournaments can be exhausting.

This is a dumb argument that is not at all similar. NO ARMY is top tier competitive with every option in the dex. Raven Guard is a trait not a specific unit.

With how split fire works this edition, I would do 2 and 2 for each squad.

The A: should have been "only if you play RG", dumbass.

If a nigger asks if he can get a high paying job and you tell him yes because a white person did it, you're a fucking dumbass, doubly so if you shrug and go "WELL THEY'RE BOTH PEOPLE"

>A. GW made conscripts immune to morale. Free wargear is not beyond anything they've done before.
Sure, they put that wargear in the back with a point cost of zero. This is just omitted entirely. It's clearly something bizarre.

>B. his reaction was that of genuine regret for the opponent's he beat earlier, and a good natured willingness to continue the game while accepting his DQ.
I'm talking about his immediate reaction when Reece wanders over and wheezes at him about the Icon.

Top tier guard m8! I happen to play a lot of THOSE guards myself.

Eldar are.

Wraithseer can snipe characters with a d-cannon/10

>Primaris aren't viable unless they have -1 to hit for their enemies and can infiltrate all their units pre-game
>THEREFORE PRIMARIS IS VIABLE BECAUSE THESE ARE ALL TRAITS INHERENT TO PRIMARIS UNITS

Nigga you dumb. RG are viable, and can make unviable things viable. That doesn't mean those unviable things are suddenly viable.

>implying you need to snipe anyone now

Its ok Jamal, you can be proud of living in your ghetto.

>Primaris aren't viable.
Well, one of us has unequivocal proof, (see: a nearly all-Primaris list that was top table at a tournament), and the other has nothing, except some sort of autistic insistence that the fact that they're all Primaris doesn't count because of the Chapter Tactic that guy picked for some reason.

Did he cheat? Are Primaris not allowed to take Raven Guard Chapter Tactics?

No?

Did they then go on to be second place at a GT?

Well shit I guess they're viable then.

Overpriced in point value or real cash or both? I thought the grav marines were pretty neat looking.

you've obviously never fought a clever list
fucking Azrael is almost worse than Guilliman

What is this guard nerf that everyone is talking about?

>Ryan saying he could have cost other players higher rankings is pure drama.
Yeah, he's just virtue signaling.
>On that note, how come no one called him out until the final game?
Too many people for TO's to check lists, and most opponents aren't going to notice a handful of errors scattered throughout the list. It was only noticed because there are 200+ people watching on Twitch.

Can alpha strike your opponent into submission first turn with dflamers without fear of them dying to a man

The strategems first are fantastic. Having access to some of them can really change the scope of the game and unfortunately you cannot get them as Ynnari. Warlord traits are also reasonably solid - gaining command points at the start of each turn is not bad.

SfD is very good, of that there is no doubt. But I believe the strategems are worth the trade off. Alternate deployments, reactionary saves and negatives, and force multiplication will outweigh the loss from SfD.

Commissars changed to reroll morale rolls instead of auto-pass

If all you want is the Stragems you can do:
Detachment 1:
Yvraine + Ynnari Infantry and Bikes pulled from CWE

Detachment 2:
Alaitoc Vehicles and a few Psykers

and have access to CWE strats on both detachments and the Alaitoc attribute for your vehicles. Basically the best of both worlds.

I don't think his opponent was even the guy to call him out on it. It was people watching on the streams.

Probably no one scrutinized the list that hard until the spectators on stream eagerly trying to rip this guys list off so they could go be WAACshitters and stomp 12 year olds at their LGS started putting it together themselves and realized the points were off.

It's bait because it's true? Nothing in the codex beats shooting twice as Ynnari.

This is incorrect. In the book it says if any model in the ARMY has the Ynnari special rule it ceases to be a Craftworld army. It is 100% all or none.

Now's probably a good time to buy salt-stained guard on eBay then.

Points. We're talking about whether something is good.

You can still get eldar stratagems as ynnari, assuming they work like all other stratagems do. All you need to do is take a small minimal point detachment of eldar, and suddenly your ynnari army has access to stratagems from the eldar dex.

>That doesn't mean those unviable things are suddenly viable.
What part of they placed 2nd in a GT do you not understand.

Clearly it fucking can make them viable, because they TOOK 2nd AT A GT.

Holy shit it's like arguing with a 4 year old.

Funny. Guess that means my crusaders are convincing.