Accidental Magical Girl CYOA

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

>Addons to the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module:
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat
Linkboard: mgcyoa.sync.in/MGCYOA

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
discord.gg/aEYA5Q

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
mgcyoa.sync.in/Spells
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPxQ4Gc3_MddNiAmJ-KLeP6HeDzl4UIMxT0NyRExYIM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6nJHlyQYVsJqtqEmK27EMiWcsc1Sg3xw9SxgI0AHUk
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing
rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator
bebinator.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.15.1, one of the two usable PNP systems for playing as a magical girl.
It features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more. Note that this is NOT the same as the CYOA, and uses its own methods of character generation.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing platform made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, and all recorded Oddball trees. Updated often):
mgcyoa.sync.in/Spells
>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Google Docs AMGC Character Sheet (made by Torque)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPxQ4Gc3_MddNiAmJ-KLeP6HeDzl4UIMxT0NyRExYIM/edit?usp=sharing

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6nJHlyQYVsJqtqEmK27EMiWcsc1Sg3xw9SxgI0AHUk

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike. Note that this system DOES require you to have a character made in the CYOA in the OP first.

This PDF covers the core rules of gameplay, as well as the methods of improvement and various spells and items magical girls use.

>Expansions to the SCS can be found in this link
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
These expansions include
>Order & Chaos; Friend & Foe (OC&FF): Details on the mechanical workings of Patrons, Dark Magical Girls, Monster Girls (both natural and corrupted), and also includes a bestiary
>Worlds & Wishes (W&W): Details various GM tools and a few player tools, including the function of Mundane weapons, Alternate/Optional Rules, Various tips and tricks for GMing and Roleplaying, as well as Augments for players looking for a little extra power after CharGen. It also includes the conversion process for AMGC characters into the SCS.

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
>Character Sheet, which includes a Character Generator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing

Where did your mahou grow up? How has their environment shaped the hero or villain they are today?

Fun and exciting news, the IRC may be having a radical mahou halloween party. I dunno what discord is doing but there might be one there also.

I have a challenge. Use this to make your mahou:

rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator

post results

>being a mahou
>not playing only monster girls
ISHYGDDT

My mahou grew up in a relatively wealthy family in a small town in Germany. She was pretty naive when she first arrived in the Overcity but being there has done a lot to teach her that not everyone is as kind and trustworthy as the people of Weißwasser. Still, as anyone from the IRC will tell you, she still has a lot to learn if she's ever going to survive living in the Overcity.

I gave it a go

why did you fags revive this

in some city streets, where she learned the value of running away

We've always been around. We just sorta stopped making threads cause no-one could be bothered to make a new one

Who's hosting it?

Discord is maybe running a spooky carnival thing. You'd have to ask PJ since they're the one who mentioned it.

>tfw you see AMGCYOA and want to see what has been posted but its thread is already dying.
I told you kids Magic wasn't good for you.

Do you have any stories or literally anything else to share, user?

>literally anything else to share
I never got that Sayaka I said I would.

>Do you have any stories
No one wants to see my shitty Literally Mobile Suit Gundam: Stardust Memory, But Its Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha 0083 And Neue Belka Replaces The Delaz Fleet fanfiction.

I find it somewhat hilarious that the people that have garnered in the chats over the years, for the most part, have never even touched the mahou shoujo genre in their entire lives or have browsed Veeky Forums.

It feels more like they came from freeform rp garbage places.

>they came from freeform rp garbage places.
There's your problem. If I remember correctly someone said (while I still went in the Rizon) don't even know we have have these threads, and are just invited by other people. Also a lot of people have only seen Meguca, which probably still ends up showing regularly.
Oh shit, I just remembered I was here when the Discord was made.Did Torque and Tangent ever make up? Did Torque even come back?

*people don't even

I mean, I was literally invited to Rizon by an other user. I don't watch anime (in face I have an active axe to grind with most weebs) and I don't like playing underage characters

The party is in the Wand and Circlet. Its not being hosted by anyone specifically, though there might be some people who contributed to decorations and such.

bump

make your mahou as one of these things
bebinator.com/

Also, who /magicalboy/ here?

Discord so far has two planned sessions: One for Halloween and another for Day of the Dead. Talk to PJ for the former and Jeanne for the latter.

Man, it's been a while since I was in this general.

Last I was here, #MGCafe had just closed down and the updates were just starting to come out. What's happened since then?

AMGC got a new update

go away tawa even i know when to stop lurking

Oh wow this place is back. Viva le magical girl community threads.

Mine grew up in an 80s southern Burgerland town based on the movie Heathers and similar slice of school movies, and then, later, on the modern internet via magically enhanced time traveling internet connection. Of course they're now growing up in the Overcity. They've completely overhauled their identity in that way only teens who just discovered a new culture... and upon their newfound internet access and magical superpower makeover, but they're still developing their identity and their self image is fragile.

Don't call them garbage places. It is need how we have a mix of 4channers, mahou's fans, and oldschool rpers and how they all bring their own styles and mix.

Hmmmmmm I wish I could DM in ways that made classic mahou plots and/or school life drama more accessible to our player base so they didn't need to do all the tone setting work themselves.

Mine had a really normal life and was a total fucking nerd before being mahou'd so they don't know how to do a lot of things.

nah it's always been here, but i'm like 1000% sure that they already have enough faggots in either of their circlejerks

Yeah, but you don't atleast to keep the thread up for a day before letting it die. Unless you do..

post mahous

rate mahous

Rolled 20, 14, 11, 9, 8, 14, 18, 7, 3, 1, 16, 6 = 127 (12d20)

Body: Average (+1 AGI)
Specialization: Illusion (+1 VIT, +2 AGI, +1 MAG)
Weapon: Ranged (+1 AGI)
Outfit: Flowing (+1 STR)
-Artful Dodger
Power: Avatar (+1 MAG)
Perks:
Purification Artifact (+1 MAG)
Enhanced Transformation (+1 MAG)
Fated (+1 LCK)
Interdimensional Tourist (+1 AGI)
Super Map (+1 LCK)
Fortunate (+1 LCK)
Stats:
STR: 5
AGI: 14 (Goldx1, Bronzex1)
VIT: 9 (Silverx2)
MAG: 13 (Silverx1, Bronzex3)
LCK: 7

Not going to be winning any medals, but I could work with this.

Rolled 12, 7, 18, 14, 7, 12, 14, 5, 10, 17, 7, 10 = 133 (12d20)

I have no idea why I keep doing this.

They're a sheep shaped robutt.
They didn't have a childhood.

post art

this community is so ded

Growing up in Texas has left an indelible imprint on my mahou. She can ride a horse, use a lasso, start a fire and the messier parts of ranching life has taught her not to shy away from getting her hands dirty.

>have never even touched the mahou shoujo genre in their entire lives
They could always try, pdf related.

That was a neat pdf. I'll admit my own mahou strayed from the norm though, but I only intended to be a side character anyway so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal.

>This entire well done paper on magical girls
>Ends with "who cares about western crap lol"
I feel like a bunch of people here got their start in Winx, and there's also legitimately good stuff like Ladybug out now that's Western made.

That looks interesting, thanks

does your mahou bulli or be bullied

Both. It's important to maintain a balance.

The real question is whether they bulli their Patron, or if their Patron bullies them.

mine is definitely bullied by their patron.

>not working with your patron to bully others

Being bullied by your Patron is pretty common. Bullying the Patron is fun and exciting! If dangerous. Don't want to lose your powers while trying to impress a boy.

objectively true, both communities don't do much

I'm running a short little campaign but there's only a handful of players in it. I'd love for some fresh blood to join up. I really like this place so it'd be a shame if it died. Let me tell you, its leagues better than the last place I frequented. Combat RP without dice is a literal nightmare. Never again.

What system are you running and what are your character restrictions? I'd be interested in playing.