Random character creation challenge

How creative are you?

>Step 1.
Roll five random tropes that must be incoporated somehow to your character using tvtropes.org/pmwiki/randomitem.php?p=1

>Step 2.
Choose a setting and use the random function on the corresponding wikia to obtain another element to work into you character.

>Alternate Step 2 aka Hardmode.
Random your setting by rolling 1d894 and choosing the corresponding result from the giant RPG list found at pastebin.com/wrRRkB3m

Step 3.
Write up your character and post it with list of what you rolled. Rate others.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Inspector_Lewton
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 173 (1d894)

Rolling for setting

>173
Wizard of the Coast's "d20 System", which is essentially just 3.5.

>Tropes:
GreenSkinnedSpaceBabe
UncleSamWantsYou
SexyStewardess
EstablishingTeamShot
KickMePrank

Got lucky with a few of those linking up nicely.

Character is a Half-orc Bard, working as stewardess in her nations military, she poses in a series of 1940's war recruitment-style pinup posters featuring a lineup of women various races in Team shots helping out in the war-effort and attempting to recruit young able bodied men from their nation into the war effort. She's a bit of a joker and is known to play pranks on the party that she eventually ends up working with.

Rolled 806 (1d894)

Setting roll

Trauma (French) by Chroniques d'Outre-Monde - contemporary police and counter-terrorism adventures

A French RPG I can find very little about, though one reviewer summises it as
>It's basically a game about violent people doing violent things and getting killed for their trouble. The setting is contemporary and the action is centered around incidents of crime, violence and death. It's basically a game about how well you can fight for your life in the violence of modern society. To keep players from getting too discouraged characters who are killed get to return to life indefinitely.

>Tropes
Short-Range Long-Range Weapon
Conscience Makes You Go Back
Scaramanga Special
The Neidermeyer
ObliviouslyEvil

>Character Description

Sgt. Pierre Meyer is the leader of a Counter-terrorism unit in Eastern Paris, with the streets devolving into near anarchy due to a large scale terrorist attack, he's been sent to take charge of the situation and is the C.O. of the party. Unfortunately for the party, he will do almost anything (anything that wouldn't put himself in danger) to stop the terrorists from winning - regardless of the losses suffered by those under his command or civilians on the street. For that reason, he's sent his men out into the streets of the city armed with weapons which would typically be deemed 'overkill' for the situation. Rocket launchers. Anti-Tank explosives and even high calibre sniper rifles. Of course, these all need to be portable enough for them to patrol the streets so naturally, they're easy to disassemble and reassemble. Now he can sit back and watch while he men do all the work... Or can he, for some reason his Conscience keeps nagging him that he's doing -something- mildly wrong, but he can't put his finger on it.

Rolled 91 (1d894)

Looks like it's just me still.
Rolling again.

>Boot Hill
Gygax's original Western RPG

>Tropes
Entendre Failure
Chair Reveal
Powerful Pick
While Rome Burns
Tuxedo and Martini

>Description
John D. Bames. Renowned throughout the west for his cool demeanor at all times, even in the midst of chaos and identifiable by his suave appearance and attire. He's a gunslinger who not that long ago had been a former goldrush prospector, who had struck lucky on a rather large vein of gold which had set him up nicely for life. Ever since that day, he always carried his lucky pickaxe with which he found the gold, holstered alongside his six-shooter. Mr. Bames had a way with words, unfortunately for him - none of the other in the small frontier town he resided in did, and all of his wordplay was often received by blank stares or questions. These days he spends his days drinking fancy ladies drinks down at the saloon, perched upon his swiveling bar stool, awaiting the various PC's which inevitably come seeking his aid, or his riches.

Rolled 396 (1d894)

Rolling...

>396
Hunter: The Vigil

Nice.

Hunter: The Vigil

MidSeasonUpgrade
BoyMeetsGirl
TheMindIsAPlaythingOfTheBody
RocketlessReentry
IAmLegion

Cheiron Rapid Tactical Response Unit that undergoes experimentation through implants and genetics to himself. However he begins noticing that the parts of souls implanted within him become a collective that he's slowly unable to control. After an eventual mental implant to control the collective within him to prevent him from flipping out, he then begins seeing a horribly desecrated corpse of a woman within his peripherals and in his dreams. It's actually the crystallized will of the collective that wish to become closer with him in consciousness. It's actually him tuning into the signal of a thing somewhere in the universe that is trying to bring the two of them closer together and into one physically.

>agone

>racist grandma
>gold tooth
>grey and grey morality
>boss remix
>follow the plotted line

it's kreia. this is just kreia but in baroque french high powered shakespeare

Something something CRTR loves airdropping coffins and uses multi-stage planes agents use into high orbit to get them where they need to be on other continents within a couple of hours. Because when you're a part of an organization funded by super corps... why not?

Rolled 871 (1d894)

Is it cheating if I reroll a trope that's clearly inapplicable to a sentient being or any events that may occur involving them?

Suppose that's fine, If it's completely implausible you can reroll one.

Nah, reroll them. I got "Pilot" in reference to pilot run of a series and "Courtroom Episode."

If you want nightmare difficulty, you could just try to write those in as well.

The CRTR agent is actually the test run of a line of new super soldiers and is not human at all. He's all monster gibs. He's just the primary collective ego absorbing and staving off weaker egos and with an alien collective trying to psychically drag him off to the physical host of some unknown creature to be judged as to whether he's worthy of becoming a part of the whole.

Rolled 813 (1d894)

I asked because I got these:

HeartwarmingInHindsight
HardboiledDetective
DelayingAction
GenderIncompetence
PreMeeting (can be introduced into the game as initially an NPC and then come in later as a PC)

Which, for the most part, are ALL par for the course with the HardboiledDetective trope anyway.

And it seems I rolled Wizards' World.
>Lawrence Schick describes this game: "Fantasy system heavily inspired by D&D and set in a saccharin fantasy world where the worst you can say about the monsters is that they're naughty. The main city is such a terrible place it's called 'Mousehole.' The rulebook is printed sideways in a barely legible 'script' typeface."

Everything fits too well so I guess I'll drop this and do another roll.

WAIT. JUST. A. FUCKING. MINUTE.

You got "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

BondageIsBad
MotionCaptureMecha
PopularityPower
ObviousObjectCouldBeAnything
PretendWe'reDead

Kaitlin Inkhouse

The recurring villain who has BDSM fetish is in the necropolis city and pretending to be dead to fit in, many ancient horrors and evils exist in the necropolis city. She has a robot which follows her movement and it has a really sexually deviant design. Both of them are pretty weak but are powered up by their popularity. Her husband died to a terrorist attack and gave her a vibrating dildo shaped present which she thinks is some kind of bomb.

I thought it was this guy:
wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Inspector_Lewton

Rolled 501 (1d894)

Rolling

>tropes
ChaoticNeutral
YouRemindMeOfX
SwordLines
WigDressAccent
BornAsAnAdult

>setting
MERC by Fantasy Games Unlimited: A Modern Role Playing Game of Counter Insurgency

Seriel number: 000662 - "Ric"
A man grown in a lab to serve as a soldier for the highest bidder. His special weapon is a sword that is hooked up to a device on his utility belt which heats it up dramatically. Swinging it while heated turns the air around the blade into plasma and sends hot waves of energy at his targets. Along with his sword, he also carries with him a backpack of masks, wigs, and alternate outfits. The spy of his group, he uses these items to disguise himself for scouting missions.

Although grown in a tube, he has a habit of saying "you remind me of ______". This recurring statement baffles his comrades and employers because he has no past to compare things to. Because of this he was considered defective and was to be terminated immediately, but he managed to escape his previous employer and now wonders the country looking for dirty work, using his many wigs and dresses to avoid capture.

This is great

Rolled 20 (1d894)

Rollan

Rolled 272 (1d894)

Step 1.
>Trope #1- GenreBlindness
>Trope #2- Parody
>Trope #3- TheseAreThingsManWasNotMeantToKnow
>Trope #4- GuiltFreeExterminationWar
>Trope #5- CareerResurrection

Step 2.
Warhammer 40k. Of bloody course. Because that is the setting such a character would most likely feature in.

What I think I would play is pic related.