300 Jedi vs 6,000 medieval knights

In your choice of SW setting, who wins? For me it comes down to "what sort of Jedi are we talking about?". If we're talking about the Jedi of the KOTOR series then it's easily the Jedi, but I'm less confident about say, the Jedi of the prequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_combat_vehicles_of_World_War_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A single Jedi could defeat that many knights. Easily.

Knights have longer weapons and thus kill the Jedi with multiple thrusts. If they're in a formation no knights may even die in the process.

I dunno 'Force push' and 'That throw your lightsaber and boomerang it back' are both Jedi classic tricks and outrange a lance.

>That throw your lightsaber and boomerang it back'
Was that in the prequels? If so then my faith in the Jedi increases a fair bit. No doubt that force speed is also relevant.

Jedis can deflect incoming gunfire, i'm sure they can deflect a spear thrust.
Melting any spear, sword or shield in a single effortless swing.
I don't think this will be a fight at all.

>Force push
>Force pull
>Enhanced speed
>Few different levels of mind-tricks
>Crazy acrobatics
>Weapon capable of cutting through any "standard" material without any issues
>Having actual combat training going ever since childhood rather than being wealthy enough to afford weapons

And that goes without mentioning a single Dark Side power. Force pull alone, even performed by a complete rookie, is capable of disarming entire crowd of people and comes with zero effort.

>300 galactic space wizards with longswords that can slice through any material we have today and magical powers beyond anything your average bupkus could comprehend
>6,000 guys in suits on horses

hm

precognition + weapon that can effortlessly cut through steel = longer weapons just mean it'll take slightly longer for the jedi to slaughter the knights.

Vader throws his lightsaber at luke, it doesn't show it boomeranging back,
but as it cuts to the next scene it is back in his hand.

>but I'm less confident about say, the Jedi of the prequels.
You mean you have no confidence in people who train combat and their magic powers since they are 4-5 years old and are in fact the apogeum of Jedi training regime?

Mace Windu beat an entire army of battle droids with his bare hands. Your fucking over-armored racist European white dudes don't stand a chance.

Both sides win, as the jedi would have no reason to fight, but would just ask (with mind control powers) why there are so many knights around.

The knights, seeing as they have come across a group of pilgrims in uncomfortable itchy robes and small metal sticks, oblige to tell them their quest, and both sides leave amicably.

Why are they not using their superior range and fire on him from the distance? Especially since he has no weapon to deflect the shots.

The Force

Le droids are stupid

The ones who got effortlessly wiped out by clonetroopers, yeah.

>Combat-trained space wizards using tech so advanced it could be magic too vs bunch of uneducated, untrained guys on horseback with absolutely no other advantage than numerical superiority
The word you are looking for is "slaughter". And you could use just 3 Jedi for that, not 300

What next? A thread about a WW1 German platoon sent to fantasyland? It's been a while shitposting of those was common sight Veeky Forums

>effortlessly
>after the Jedi were spread out thin across the Outer Rim and the Dark Side clouded their vision for the largest prank ever pulled on the galaxy

Re-evaluate your post. Try harder next time.

Who programmed these? They literally have laser guns. What is walking up to him supposed to accomplish? Not a single one of them makes any attempt to do anything except walk into him at a leisurely pace.

>300 Jedi vs 6000 knights
>Each Jedi would have to kill 20 knights

A Jedi could probably kill that many people just by throwing a lightsaber into their ranks at head level. In one move.

Holy shit OP

>What is surprise attack, a literal backstab
>What are ranged weapons and a fuckload of concentrated firepower, including artillery
>What is execution
>What is betreyal
It's like you are retarded on purpose

But I can clearly see one them firing albeit from a stupid distance and angle.

Shatterpoint.

>WW1 German platoon sent to fantasyland
Don't fucking remind me that autism.

Because the order was to capture him alive
It's pretty hard to do when your option for ranger attack is a blaster cutting a hole in a body big enough to put a grapefruit inside.

Did they get a supply train from the real world? Ammo and fuel run out, user.

That's why it was autism, user. The amount of mental gymnastics people were pulling around this was just horrible, because it quickly turned into sperging about logistics and production and transport...
No, just fucking no. It's over 2 years and I still remember that shit firing up for entire summer of 2015.

That is a pretty fucking stupid order to be given to robots who have gattling laser guns for an arm.

>at a leisurely pace
That's the only pace they have, user. Ever heard about the concept of lowest bidder in military context?
Also, the order was to capture him alive.

Space bugs is the answer.

Fuel for what? In WW1 cars were still a new thing and everyone was mostly relying on horses.

All the Jedi have to do is swing their lightsaber and their enemy's swords, armors and limbs are going to be cut clean with no resistance.
It would be like fighting a man armed with a chainsaw while all you got are paper armor and sharpened carton sticks.

Now add the force to this and Jedis have ranged weapons too.

>It would be like fighting a man armed with a chainsaw while all your equipment and body is made out of wax
ftfy

Yeah, even better.
Thx

They aren't classic Jedi tricks. They're very rarely ever used. The typical Jedi is just a dude with a lightsaber who MAYBE knows how to use force push semi-effectively and can use precognition to parry projectiles travelling as fast as an arrow.

It's not one poleaxe being thrusted at them. It's multiple axes being thrusted from multiple directions. You can't block/cut them all at the same time and the number of attacks coming at you renders precog useless because Jedi aren't the Flash. As long as the Knights act like a bristling hedgehog of pointy sticks they should be able to wipe the Jedi out. The only option for the Jedi is to not engage.

All of which are rarely used, if ever, by your standard Jedi. Jedi Masters and main characters with super high Midi-Chlorian counts =/= Jedi Knight average.

They cannot charge because there are too many pointy sticks facing at them, and will end up getting poked by sheer number of pointy objects.

Not canon either in the EU or NuEU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_combat_vehicles_of_World_War_I

>The only option for the Jedi is to not engage.
And it's not a bad option.

>Let me ignore not just EU (which could be justified), but literally anything that's not New Hope
>Please, give me now your replies
(You)

Also
>It's not one poleaxe being thrusted at them. It's multiple axes being thrusted from multiple directions
All of which can be cut in single swing with ZERO resistance.
>You can't block/cut them all at the same time
Only that you can, since they literally can't stop your weapon in any way

>They cannot charge because there are too many pointy sticks facing at them, and will end up getting poked by sheer number of pointy objects.
Why would they charge? They just need to hit the knight's weapons before the said weapons hit them. When you factor precognition into it, this becomes completely trivial exercise.

Knights if they're acting like actual knights, are going to be on foot wielding polearms in such numbers that you cannot charge their formation without getting impaled. Jedi have no armor and their lightsabers can only be used to sever a single weapon at a time. All you realistically need to kill one Jedi is two weapons being thrust at different vectors without giving him time to bug out (which isn't that hard).

On top of this compared to reality, Jedi fence like mongoloid retards with no idea of what a proper swordfight looks like (besides old Kenboi who knows not to expose your fucking back). Jedi doing shit like in The Phantom Menace's sorry excuse of a duel would die quickly to a formation. Very very quickly.

>You can't block/cut them all at the same time
... because?
I mean you have a fucking lightsaber cutting through polearms. We are talking about not!laserblade, capable of going through armour-grade steel without slowing down facing piece of wood.
That goes without mentioning such thing that there is a limited amount of people that can try to reach the same guy in the same time and your even more stupid assumption the guy in question would just stand on his spot and wait to get stabbed.

In other words:
Why are you retarded on purpose?

>Have a weapon that can just cut away numerous polearms in single swing
>Lel, you can't charge them
or
>Be capable of inhuman feats of speed and acrobatics
>Lel, a bunch of guys with sticks are going to win
or
>Be a fucking space wizard
>Lel, bunch of guys with stick are going to kill you

Have it ever occured to you the only thing reliably stopping lightsaber is ANOTHER lightsaber, something your knights don't have? Their armour is useless, their shields are useless and their weapons are just as useless for parrying or creating a wall of pikes, because those can be cut in single swing or just worked around with ease.

It's as if you were trying to charge a machine gun nest with Swiss pike formation, because lel, nobody can get to you due to pikes creating an impenetrable wall, right?

>And it's not a bad option.
It isn't. Engaging a formation of fucking SIX THOUSAND men with long reach weapons would be stupidity of the highest order, and Jedi will physically tire before they could even fight that many and die from tiring (assuming that in fairness of the OP, neither side routs after sustaining 10% casualties). Better to simply kite and avoid direct contact.

>Let me ignore not just EU (which could be justified), but literally anything that's not New Hope
Under the old canon system the cartoon was not canon due to violating movie canon on account of Mace Windu clearly not being superman, and if Mace Windu is in fact that powerful, then he should be court martialed and gross incompetency on allowing so much of the Order to be butchered upon Geonosis.

>All of which can be cut in single swing with ZERO resistance.
Which doesn't mean much when there are multiple weapons being thrust at you simultaneously. You can only stop one at a time, and you don't have the ability to stop them all. Meaning you get skewered.

>Only that you can, since they literally can't stop your weapon in any way
They don't need to. You need to close several feet of polearm to even get close and there's multiple spikes being thrust into your body. You literally cannot cut them all at the same time because that's not how swords, not even magical plasma swords, work.

>Why would they charge? They just need to hit the knight's weapons before the said weapons hit them. When you factor precognition into it, this becomes completely trivial exercise.
Precognition doesn't help you when there's a giant formation of 6,000 pointy sticks pushing at you and thrusting in every direction of your facing. Either you do not engage at all, or you engage and get poked. The only way you can effectively beat a bunch of dudes with long pointy sticks is either by shooting them to shit or getting equally long pointy sticks and poking back from a safe(ish) distance.

You don't need to charge : you wield that light saber at those polearms and chop them down.

Why do you assume "a single weapon at a time" ? That lightsaber can get through several shafts in a single swing if they are really that densely packed.

When you have a light saber, you can afford to "fence like a mongoloids", since only another lightsaber (and some exotic alloys, forcefields or several dozen centimeters-thick metal blocks) can block your swings.

>All this shit
Here, grab it, because apparently this is what you really want

>The typical Jedi is just a dude with a lightsaber who MAYBE knows how to use force push semi-effectively and can use precognition to parry projectiles travelling as fast as an arrow.

I can't think of a single named Jedi who never uses Force Push. Heck, Padawans and untrained Force Sensitive people can do it going by Rebels.

What the fuck do you not understand about a formation of polearms being thrust at you? Yes you can cut through one. Except there are numerous other heads all being thrust at you at the same time, and you cannot cleave multiple polearms in the literal same instance because your arms are not made of tachyons. A bunch of knights (nevermind six thousand) with polearms is basically a giant wall of pointy sticks. There is no vector of attack in melee that you do not get poked. The way to not get poked is to not get in range (read, not engage) or or have armor proof against sharp pointy metal bits.

>Knights aren't trained from 6

Or to chuck your lightsaber at them. Ranged weapons that don't give a crap about armour would do really well. Jedi did that plenty in the Clone Wars to carve through multiple battle droids.

Have you actually engaged in polearm formations before? Because you cannot cleave through multiple polearms in the same second. And there is an entire wall being thrust at them. The only way to not get impaled while engaging such a formation is either using a shield, a longer stick, or armor. The lightsaber is very useful, but isn't going to allow the jedi to overcome a 20:1 numerical disadvantage.

>B-but there are many pikes!
Yes, and all of them can be cut down, so?
What next? Cowhide shields stopping machine gun bullets?

>Knights
>Trained
Oh Jesus...

>They [force tricks] aren't classic Jedi tricks. They're very rarely ever used. The typical Jedi is just a dude with a lightsaber who MAYBE knows how to use force push semi-effectively and can use precognition to parry projectiles travelling as fast as an arrow.

Obi Wan used them in New Hopes.
True, he was a veteran with Jedi Order training since childhood and a damn Master at that.

But what about Luke Skywalker ?
He got barely a few months of training and could use it with moderate efficency.

So even for the people who are happy with the "a jedi can't block six fucking polearms" idea, what's stopping those jedi from just spamming Throw Lightsaber?

Are the Jedi pragmatic enough to use a blaster?

What I want is for Veeky Forums to grow up and seriously look at something with some actual experience, knowledge, and realizing that Jedi are not magic meme warriors, but not all that impressive mildly magic warriors as the movies clearly intend and display in every single appearance. The only reason why Jedi are effective in Star Wars is because Star Wars hasn't fought a proper war in a thousand years, and probably doesn't even remember how to war.

>what I want is for people to take my wrong opinions for granted

Depends on the Era. Rebellion-Era/Post Rebellion Era? Sure. Pre-Clone Wars? Not likely, as they are peacekeepers/diplomats primarily.

>uneducated, untrained guys
>medieval knights

These aren't peasant foot soldiers, friend.

>Yes, and all of them can be cut down, so?
>What next? Cowhide shields stopping machine gun bullets?
Are you retarded or do you not understand the fact that your hands can only be in one place at once, whereas the hands of 20 other men can be in 20 different places?

Obi Wan Kenobi is among the single most powerful Jedi Knights in history and Luke Skywalker is the son of Space Jesus Christ. Neither of them are good examples of what a normal Jedi is like, them being the poor bastards in the Genosis Arena, or the Jedi that got cut down by the 501st on Coruscant.

>Have capability to ignore weapon
>B-but it blocks all attacks!
Unles of course it's a weapon that cuts through wood, iron and flesh like a hot knife through butter and said weapon is just casually thrown into the crowd

But hey, you are retarded enough to actually argue a pike formation is capable of stopping a guy that is in the same time a literal wizard AND a soldier armed with a weapon that ignores any imaginable resistance that isn't slab of reinforced concrete.

>but isn't going to allow the jedi to overcome a 20:1 numerical disadvantage.
It's exactly what allows them to overcome the numerical disadvantage. It's like you never heard that superior weapon is the best multiplication of force.
Tell me - who is going to win. A single machine gun emplacement or 1000 French soldiers charging at it through open field? After all, single gun in no way can kill entire regiment, right?

>Obi Wan Kenobi is among the single most powerful Jedi Knights in history and Luke Skywalker is the son of Space Jesus Christ.

How about the two main characters of Rebels then? One is a Padawan who never finished his training and the other is a force sensitive with only a couple of years of training by said Padawan. Both can very easily do it.

Fore Push alone destroys any formations. Formations aren't relevant to this discussion unless the Jedi are pinned against a wall.

Fact:
You can throw lightsaber in the crowd, mowing targets down without fear of retaliation or losing your weapon
Fact:
Lightsabre can cut through any known contemporary material as if it was made of cardboard
Fact:
Formations are tightly-packed

So you don't even need to close to those people - why would you - and kill them all.

Also, are you really this retarded to assume the only side using tactics, strategy and formation is going to be your pike-armed knights?

Trying to hunker down against Jedi seems like a really stupid idea when Jedi have vastly superior mobility and ranged capabilities. They'd be better off trying to take advantage of the numbers and just overwhelm them.

Seriously, please tell me you are just pretending and yearn for attention.

>But hey, you are retarded enough to actually argue a pike formation is capable of stopping a guy that is in the same time a literal wizard AND a soldier armed with a weapon that ignores any imaginable resistance that isn't slab of reinforced concrete.
I'm arguing that a formation of polearm toting knights can certainly take out a very small group of guys who die to soldiers with worse aim than ZANU guerrillas.

>Unles of course it's a weapon that cuts through wood, iron and flesh like a hot knife through butter and said weapon is just casually thrown into the crowd
Which doesn't matter. You can cut through one but the issue at hand is that there are multiple pointy sticks being directed at your body, at the same time, from different directions. You cannot cut them all at the same instance and thus you get skewered. In addition courtesy of the choreography in the movies, Jedi are liable to skewer themselves. It cannot be understated how utterly retarded the primary canon presents Jedi.

>Tell me - who is going to win. A single machine gun emplacement or 1000 French soldiers charging at it through open field? After all, single gun in no way can kill entire regiment, right?
Not a viable comparison considering a single machinegun is objectively superior option to Jedi Knights.

You got more of that stance thing? I'm sleep deprived and it made me laugh more than I wanna admit.

I just keep my stick of burning plasma vertical and swing left and right.
And repeat. Constantly.
And look as it cut through whatever poles are put in its path, letting their user with shorter poles and a difficult choice about what to do.

My lightsaber weights maybe 1 kg (and that's counting large), all in the handle firmly in my palm.
Sure, my arms might get tired eventually, as it's a lot of useless movement but that's why I got legs to run faster than those dudes in heavy armors who HAVE to keep formation if they don't want my pals to have a jolly good time.

Now, those "knights" can surround me and my pals and then press forward, counting on us tiring faster than they would.
That would be smart and could work... but then what's preventing the Jedi to just force push the first rank and use that to break the formation ?

>How about the two main characters of Rebels then? One is a Padawan who never finished his training and the other is a force sensitive with only a couple of years of training by said Padawan. Both can very easily do it.
They certainly would be a more valid example, although they have gotten nearly overwhelmed by CIS Droids.

That would have been great in all those times it would have been useful, but Jedi suspiciously forgot how to use it while dying horribly to droids/clones

Not him, but did you just confuse clone troopers with storm troopers?

Why would you engage a group of pikes?

Throw Lightsaber to kill them, if possible.
Force Push to scatter them, if possible.
Force Pull to fight them 1v1.
Force Speed to run away (same for Force Jump, but I can't remember if that was in the movies or not).

>You cannot cut them all at the same instance and thus you get skewered
Good thing they're slow-moving weapons and not laser beams and thus you don't NEED to cut them all at the same instance to not get skewered. Not to mention that you can, you know, move out of the way.

Seriously, just kill yourself retard.

Sure.
The one about the sith are even more hillarious.

What's the difference? Out of curiosity?

>pic
I'm glad to admit that I had some of those ideas even as a kid.

>You can throw lightsaber in the crowd, mowing targets down without fear of retaliation or losing your weapon
Like they did at Geonosis?

>Lightsabre can cut through any known contemporary material as if it was made of cardboard
Again, not relevant as the issue is not that it can cut, but rather that it can only occupy one place in time.

>Formations are tightly-packed
That's what makes them dangerous you nob. There's too many pointy sticks poking out to cut down at once.

Not too versed in SW lore outside of the movies, but is there a Force 'light fling into the air'?

One is an actual, capable soldier breed and trained for war and nothing else, while the other is a meme conscript with barely any training unable to hit any target ever (unless it's New Hope, that is).

>They certainly would be a more valid example, although they have gotten nearly overwhelmed by CIS Droids.

The CIS Droids were in a single episode of Rebels and they wiped the floor with them. That was actively a plot point of the episode, that the droids were so out of repair they were falling apart so even the Droidikas (Normally a massive threat) couldn't stop Jedi.

>but I'm less confident about say, the Jedi of the prequels.
What're you on about? The prequels were when the jedi being an OP military order started. Maybe if they were original trilogy jedi, when it was more about the spiritual aspect and even Yoda could barely lift an X-Wing, the knights might stand a tiny chance. Honestly, despite the prequels providing some pretty interesting settings and fluff, I like to pretend my hardest they're not cannon, because they fucked up the Jedi in so many more ways than mediclorians, especially by making fucking thousands of them.

No, I find it odd that people watch the movies and then somehow come to the conclusion that Jedi are superhuman warriors able to take 20:1 odds when they cannot reliably fight droids firing bolts of energy at softball speeds despite having precog. Jedi are good but they are not an unbeatable threat with polearms.

>Like they did at Geonosis?
I wasn't aware that all the droids at Geonosis had their weapons replaced with pointy sticks.

That's a basic use of the force, yeah. Heck, why are the jedi in this debate not going 'Find a large rock, throw it at Knight. Pick up dead knight and throw him at another knight'?

Lightsabers firstly are not light. They are in fact heavy and mentioned to be so in the canon, and behave like a couple KG sword when swung about. And the issue is that as you swing to the right, you are being poked in the right. If you swing right, you are being poked in the left. You only have one blade, and you are being poked left, right, up, and down.

The sword will always get through, user...

>Again, not relevant as the issue is not that it can cut, but rather that it can only occupy one place in time.
AND?!

You can easily pull what this user described. Literally just whirl this thing in front of you, making polearms aimed toward you - all of them - utterly useless, since you turn them into stubs with single cut at the end of your reach.
Or literally whirl your ass into the crowd, something that has been done against pike formations since FOREVER (but using shield insted, rather than weapon capable of cutting the poles down) and mow down the now defenseless polearm users, as they can't use their weapon or formation for their advantage.

It's like you are so entrenched with your pikes you fail to notice they were countered using contemporary weapons and tactics, while you argue a space wizard armed with piece of plasma can't do that.

Also
>Force push - formation cease to exists
>Force pull - formation cease to exists
Wow, sooooo effective against Jedi.

>'light fling into the air'
Fling what exactly?

>The CIS Droids were in a single episode of Rebels and they wiped the floor with them. That was actively a plot point of the episode, that the droids were so out of repair they were falling apart so even the Droidikas (Normally a massive threat) couldn't stop Jedi.
That didn't happen at all. The Rebels were on the ropes and were forced to use unconventional tactics manipulating the environment to deal with the droids. In a straight fight they would have been toast.

The knights

>You only have one blade, and you are being poked left, right, up, and down.
At which point you step back and avoid all the pokes.

>I wasn't aware that all the droids at Geonosis had their weapons replaced with pointy sticks.
I wasn't aware the Jedi simply force pushed the droids to the ground and threw their lightsabers at them, sustaining no casualties in the battle.

>were forced to use unconventional tactics manipulating the environment to deal with the droids

...I think we call that 'conventional Jedi tactics'. Seriously, the number of battles where the jedi DON'T manipulate the environment in some way is tiny.

>No, I find it odd that people watch the movies and then somehow come to the conclusion that Jedi are superhuman warriors able to take 20:1 odds when they cannot reliably fight droids firing bolts of energy at softball speeds despite having precog
Apparently we saw different movies, buddy.

>Jedi are good but they are not an unbeatable threat with polearms.
What is this? "Muh polearms" HEMA faggotry? You have a lighsabre vs piece of wood and you are constantly wanking about said piece of wood.
Also, this You boast first about entire barrage of RANGED attacks overwhelming the Jedi and then decide to assume a fucking stick is going to fare ever better

Depending on the terrain, if it is something solid like rock or concrete, they could just cut chunks out of the ground and throw that.

Closest thing I can think of is Force Choke or Force Whirlwind. The prior is dark side and the latter wasn't in the movies.

The CIS had things that could actually resist lightsabers/force push (Droidikas). They also had the Jedi surrounded...oh and had GUNS. 6000 guys with rifles? Sure...but you are playing into the Jedi strength.

The fact that you're capable of typing without brains is a miracle of nature.