/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2018962
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-month-on-mars-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Can Vampires lead happy unlives?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
mega.nz/#F!ZQlH0YAY!9LLu3G2cgkVasNqiHkFJ7A
mega.nz/#F!KI00XCZA!sFV9L2S77bld5vzEmw5-vg
mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw
drive.google.com/open?id=1_xw9emmw638bi6rnoAXRdwWG1po66KfYFo8E26FMgfI
sendspace.com/file/qk2yn7
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can Vampires lead happy unlives?
Yeah, of course.

Sure. IMHO we could do crime/supernatural/horror series with this sort of fammily drama stuff as a backdrop

>Deacon: One day I was selling my wears, and I walked passed this old creepy castle. And I look at it and think, "'very old and creepy". And then this creature... flies at me! It dragged me back to this dark dungeon. And bit into my neck. And just at the point of death; this creature forced me to suck its foul blood. And then it opened it's wings, like this. And hovered above me. Screeching. 'Now you are vampire.' And it was Petyr. And we're still friends today.

>Hey I know this one. It's count Fagula

Can i please have the link to the mega for the rules?

What?

MEGA (mostly Chronicles of Darkness)
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
mega.nz/#F!ZQlH0YAY!9LLu3G2cgkVasNqiHkFJ7A

>MEGA (mostly Old World of Darkness)
mega.nz/#F!KI00XCZA!sFV9L2S77bld5vzEmw5-vg
mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw

*refreshes Onyx Path front page every few hours*
Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter? Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter? Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter? Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter?Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter? Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter?Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter? Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter?Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter? Monday Meeting Notes? Changeling Kickstarter?

>asks for rules
>doesnt state for what game

what a cunt.

awkward...

Sure, as soon as they get staked.

Th-that's mean.

Suffer not the vampire to live.

I hope they have the full preview text. I'd love a deluxe edition of Changeling, but only if I can make sure its good first. I don't want to get fucked with another Beast style KS.

So it turns out Matthew "BlackHatMatt" McFarland of Beast fame is apparently a (child) rapist. Some classic quotes in response.

>This puts Beast in a way creepier and even worse light. Something that I honestly thought was impossible.

>Yes, this recontextualizes beast, and not in a good way. Before it was just misguided adolescent wish fulfillment that really could have used an editor.
>Now it's "Matt McFarland's personal wish fulfillment where he gets to abuse power over people and is super cool for doing so."

He's been demoded on RPG.net over it so far.

And it totally makes me respect McFarland even more.

Do any of you guys know where I can find templates for microsoft word to make fan documents that look like the Requiem books ?

Is there any proof? Not that I'm having a hard time believing it.

The available templates are for InDesign not word. If you want something like word templates you're on your own.

Nah, rpg.net shut down conversation on the topic. Decided that only the owners of the site are allowed to know while they deal with it. Pretty suspect behavior.

MMNs have been being posted around 11 pm EST lately. Also don't expect anything substantial about Changeling while RichT is busy trying to promote CoM as hard as possible.

I converted Hsien to Revised LARP because they said it couldn't be done.

drive.google.com/open?id=1_xw9emmw638bi6rnoAXRdwWG1po66KfYFo8E26FMgfI

Holy shit, when did this come up?

>InDesign
that's not free, is it ?

I'm not surprised. Accusations like that can totally ruin someone if they gain traction, which they can even without evidence. They probably want to avoid letting the community run with it, even though shushing everything up is damaging in its own way.

But I'm not going to shed a tear if Matt can't get work in this business anymore.

Today I think.

Everything is free on the internet.

This explains so much and why one of the heroes was little girl

The little girl in a coma? The one called "Sleeping Beauty"? Eurgh.

Yes. That one. fuck beast.

Apparently similar accusations have come down against John "Hatewheel" Morke, the former Exalted 3e dev.

He's already out of the industry as far as my game consumption is concerned. Matt is far more interesting at the current time. Morke won't force a response from OPP that they could botch horribly. Matt will.

How sure are we of these accusations? Do we have any concrete proof, or are we just taking a forum dweller's word for it? Cause I don't support lynching a guy over unverified shit like this

Currently that post is the only thing we have because RPG.net mods decided that people weren't allowed to discuss it further.

You also probably won't really get any proof given that its preported to have happened like 15+ years ago. But i'd guess this gets more accusations coming out of the wood work that might be true. Matt does fit the stereotype abuser after all.

With all this talk of abusers, what do you think of my custom bloodline ?
>inb4 edgy
>inb4 gay
>in4 magical realm
It's all intentional and fully known.
I'd really appreciate some feedback on the bloodline discipline, balance-wise and
Keep in mind they are supposed to be antagonists, will most likely never be played by PCs and that I decline all responsibility for whatever anyone does with my creation.

The official Chronicles of Darkness discord

Werewolf is just full of furries, isn't it?

What else did you expect? Vampire is all goths, mages are smug scum and werewolves are furries

>Keep in mind they are supposed to be antagonists, will most likely never be played by PCs and that I decline all responsibility for whatever anyone does with my creation.
But doesn't doing that put the power directly in player hands via Diablerie?

Beast and Changeling are for otherkin of the edgy goth and Tumblr variety, Hunter is inbred rednecks, Geist is for schizophrenics, and Mummy is played by two people total.

Add the vampire’s dots in Paideia to his
Resolution.
What is a resolution?

Well players could gain physical discipline points from diablerizing some of these, but no Paideia, since it's locked for non-bloodline vampires (thanks for making me think I need to add that to the power description).
And in the end, my players haven't even met them, maybe I'll allow one as a PC, under very strictly defined circumstances.

Shit I thought in French when writing this.
Obviously it's Resolve, sorry for the typo (and other typos that have probably made their way into it).

Can't find any discussion about this online.

That's because RPG.net shut down conversation about it and you are bad at looking for things.

The SA forums talked about it a bit.

can someone explain to me why a curse gives people super powers

Because god is a stupid faggot who's not good at anything.

Because the proto-vampires of the old legends were just several kinds of dangerous zombies killing people and even Dracula had most of his powers because he was a sorcerer and when pop-culture merged both the end result was somewhat schizophrenic.
Then you add the need for many powers in the RPG to make vampires fun to play and distinct and that's why they are so powerful.

I had intended for the question to be in reference to the world/chronicles of darkness lore but that is informative, thank you

Does anybody have Cursed Necropolis: Rio for Mummy?

Cursed Necropolis: Rio for Mummy

sendspace.com/file/qk2yn7

The fuck is up with Onyx Path

Being weak as shit doesn't make you a monster now, does it? And it's also not as cool.

The other CofD thread seems to be way more active than this one...

It's at 250+ posts. We can migrate over here when it finishes.

Yeah, thought that would be best course of action too but makes bookkeeping bit messy... does that mean next thread will have two previous thread links?

Just link these threads to each other when the time comes and then link this one in the next OP per the usual.

Any news on Geist?

>Geist is for Persona and Jojo fags
Fixed it for you, user.

Abuse and rape are more common than false accusations, statistically. Odds are that it's true, given that a false accusation from an easily confirmed RPG.net poster could land libel charges.

It's even worse when you re-examine Beast. "BlackHatMatt" used an entire gameline to justify his sexual exploitation of a minor - he was "teaching a Lesson" about what a blowjob was, presumably - as well as vent his fear that a "Hero" would come and fuck his shit up.

Remember, that book contained a Beast who literally raped children to teach the parents "a Lesson".

I'm inclined to believe it.

>Geist is for schizophrenics

Lies. I hate CofD.

Seriously, any other mentally ill consumers fucking pissed at the blurbs in the book telling you to put down the book and fuck off if you have a psychotic illness? So much for the inclusivity of White Wolf, amileft?

Lillith and Caine unlocked the potential of the Blood. Read your Book of Nod, and genuflect to the Dark Father, whelp.

There are so many flying objects in the train wreck, you need to be more specific.

>Remember, that book contained a Beast who literally raped children to teach the parents "a Lesson"
LOL. Which page contains this treasure?

Aww fuck... I am a smug kind of guy. Mages! Did this!

Do any other gamelines make reference of "Eidolons" in context of Dreams?

>he's french
>it's gayer than a lake full of pink fish
The bloodline power is fairly run of the line.

>Abuse and rape are more common than false accusations, statistically
You have that statistics, right?

Of course. Just need to find a good cause, a purpose.

Not him, but I have some stats for some studies about that but I'll spoiler it because it might seem kind of /pol/ to some people.
It also argues in kind of the opposite direction.

>somehow 92% of true claims is a negligible amount

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape
Also notice that there are countless cases when victim doesn't report the case or press charges, which further murks the water.

Another article, notably top of my google search, indicates that in most cases of false rape charges the accuser is as likely to be male.

I'm not certain what you're implying.

I was wondering if I should maybe add a second possible active effect, like for Resilience but I can't find something satisfying ...
Would an effect that allows to expand the duration of physical disciplines be overkill ?
>one Vitae to activate Paideia
>then for the duration of the scene, the vampire can spend one Vitae to activate a physical discipline not for one turn, but for a number of turns equal to Paideia+1
Is that too much ? Maybe as a devotion that must be bought separately or each physical discipline ?

Men can't be raped.

People going on about the fact that EIGHT PERCENT(!!!) of rape charges are false, like it invalidates the other 92% of true charges are retarded and most likely trying to justify the unjustifiable. Also if these people did their research, they'd see that most fake rape charges end up either dropped, or with the accuser being prosecuted for perverting a court of law.
What we should be more worried about is that apparently, 70% or so sexual aggressions are not being reported, even when the victim knows the perpetrator.
Also, there is a very slim chance that you'll be charged with rape if you are truly innocent. While there are some sociopaths that delight in ruining other people's lives, most humans don't just go throwing accusations of rape around.

Male accusers often use their girlfriends/wives/daughters as alleged victims and often use violence, bribery and other means of manipulation to get them to comply.
Also fuck your brain out with a shotgun. They can be.

In addition the fear of false allegation gets lots of actual rapists get away with it because Judge and jury didn't want to "ruin poor boy's life" or "no way can a woman force herself on a man" and other such hogwash.

Oh yes. Happiness is all subjective to each individual person, after all. Some people are happiest when they watch the stars flying overhead in the middle of nowhere, with no city smog to hide them out... other people are at their happiest when they're literally ripping a child's jawsocket from her skull and laughing as she cries and gargles in her deaththroes.

It varies.

So, you know, each vamp's just gotta find what brings them true happiness and... go do it. Then keep doing that forever.

And boom, happy vamps.

Such thing as rape doesn't exist at all. Every woman have fantasies about brutal sex with strong men.
Some people just to help them make that dream come true.

That's also kind of one the points I was trying to make, horror-wise, with this bloodline , and one of the reasons I eventually wrote it down and posted it yesterday, with all the talk of McFarlane being a rapist.
Men don't even think they can be raped until they are (because they are physically superior to women in most cases and are expected to be able to defend themselves against another male).
I think the idea of super-powered, blood-hungry, homosexual virilist rapists is absolutely terrifying to a male audience once you get over the "haha faggots" first impression (even though they can totally be spun into JoJoesque homoerotic stereotypes). Maybe not the angle I will play up the most if it comes into play in my campaigns, out of respect for players' choice to not be too overtly sexual in games, but there's some degree of visceral horror to be found here.

>mfw when these plebian fledglings haven't read the Book of Nod.

Is this, , a Beast?

>Deacon. How was your night, last night?
> I transformed into a dog and had sex.
> Cool!

Strangely enough I don't feel any horror. But then, I am admittedly incredibly desensitized to not-hetero stuff. At the end of the day, rapist is just a rapist.

yeah, and I honestly have no idea how to fix this
really going for the low-hanging bait here, buddy
Vlad had it better imo
the real trouble comes when they get bored

I agree but, for a lot of less open-minded and empathetic men, being taken advantage of sexually is virtually impossible, just a subject for oh-so-funny jokes about shower time in prison (spoiler alert, it's not that funny).
I also conceived those originally to freak the fuck out of a very homophobic and closeted douchebag player. Ended up getting into an argument before I could deploy my jimmy-rustling apparatus, but the idea stuck to me.

>each physical discipline ?
This.

Perfect Unlife Plan:
>Get Super Rich via your sick Unlife Contracts
>Use your money to bankroll several artists, scientists, architects, visionary politicians, etc.
>Offer them emotional support and advice, make sure that Requiem doesn't bother them
>Hold huge bohemian and lavish parties for them and delight in their joys, aspirations, and success
>And if they show sexual interest... Well, it's not like you planned for it or manipulated them into wanting you, so their consent is genuine.
>Be the Sugar Daddy to most influential and awesome people in the world!
>And always be on a lookout for more

Thanks for the input !

>Beast author creates a fantasy where he forces people to do what he wants free of consequence and is the good guy, turns out to be a pedophile and a rapist
Up next, we'll learn: Vampire is actually written by a drug addict so he can live out his fantasy of addiction giving him superpowers, Hunter is written by an actual mass murderer who justifies his behavior by pretending the people he kills are monsters, and Changeling is written by someone who keeps little girls locked in their basement and pretends to be an otherworldly fairy.

You don't even need that much, just use the seduction rules against them.
I've gotten more players butthurt with those than anything else, from homophobes, to racists to *insert group*.
It's so easy, it's almost unfair, and the more of an avatar the pc is for the player, the more butthurt they get when X group they don't like picks them up.

>TFW DaveB and Mage are not looking so bad

That sounds properly idyllic... Right until some other asshole vampire tries to shit on your lawn. That's actually a very good starting point for a campaign.
>have a true philantropic vampire like you described
>players are either in his hire or, better, in the hire of a rival that wants to bring him down
>actually lead your players to a campaign that has them rise in humanity and become the next generation of benevolent patrons of human excellence
>... or burn it all to the ground if they decide to be assholes

>Perfect Unlife Plan:

You forgot
>Avoid mages, they be assholes

I don't really like to use seduction rules in most situations, or social interaction rules in general for that matter (the whole idea of the speech style merits and "doors" being a hard mechanic of the game really puts me off, even if they are good roleplaying guides), because I like putting emphasis on roleplaying, but I see what you mean
Just undue sexual attention from any reviled group is usually enough to creep them out, though, I'll agree to that
A good Vampire setting doesn't have supernal mages because a good vampire setting has vampires being on top of most of human politics and that is impossible with Aw or Asc mages in the mix