LoZ campaign

Has anyone run a Legend of Zelda campaign? What TT would you recommend for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Legend_of_Zelda_RPG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GURPS

depends on the setting.

Are you the user from the other day asking about the LoZ homebrew tg made?

Nah, I just like Gerudo and wanted a campaign with them in there.

Then have you considered the LoZ rpg?

DIdn't know that was a thing.

Why would you post on Veeky Forums without first lurking for at least two years?

>implying
I don't know every table top system out there, user. It's a hobby for me, not a lifestyle.

fpbp

Spend the entire time trying to get Zelda to kiss and/or fuck you.

Search 1d4chan for it

Use the site not the pdf. The off has a few errors and the dev was awful at explaining the rules.

The rules are pretty fucking easy, but they are written poorly, not sure if anyone ever updated them.

I like the system a lot.

Thanks, mang. I'll give it a look.

I'll be around if you have questions.

I once did OoT in WHFB
>Wood Elves are Kokiri
>Bow is WE Bow
>Deku tree is some Druthu copy but bigger
>Dwarfs are Gordon’s
>Megaton hammer is a rune hammer
>pissed off because faggots took over an important mine
>Lizardmen are Zora
>Shadow Warrior High Elves are Shiekah
>some not so dickish Kangz are Gerudo
>Chaos Lord Ganondorf becomes Daemon Prince Ganon

would you Veeky Forums? I would, in a heartbeat

If it's zelda, there's better options.

I saw this posted once ages ago but the author never finished it. It's a Zelda game based on Greg Stolze's Reign.

Nigga please, gerudo are top tier waifus.

I ran an OoT one-shot in D&D4e, refluffed but with unaltered rules.
Party was a merc party wandering Hyrule Field and seeing a Kokiri being killed by assassins sent by Ganondorf to avoid them from getting outside help with the Gohma threat. Only the fairy Navi survived. There was no Link.

The tactical grid combat worked nice with the party always moving, and puzzles were quite well translated.

They used to be somewhat OG and niche since theri nose was half the size of their head.
BotW Gerudo are stereotypical amazon women with a desert scheme, not to say that there's anything wrong with that though.

Yeah, the nose design can be weird at times. I like and just fine.

>stereotypical amazon women with a desert scheme
There is exactly zero wrong with that, and that's the appeal for me. Well, the desert theme is neat, but I'm more just a fan of amazon women.

Don't forget about their DFC leader and her yummy midriff and skirt!

Not so much a fan of the DFC, as I am nice big tits. I can appreciate a great midriff though.

>I am nice big tits
I chuckled at the mental image of that

Damn. That is good.

>I am a fan of nice big tits

Ran a LoZ game a while back using a D&D 5e hack I found online. Party was a Hylian Fighter (Champion) who hated being referred to as a simple goat rancher, a Kokiri Rogue (Arcane Trickster) who loved pulling pranks on people, and a Gerudo Paladin of Din who was a male Gerudo (the rules said it was fine and I thought it would contrast well with Ganondorf) who wanted to show off he was a good guy.

Party witnissed an attack on Castle Town by crazed Moblins and a wizardy asshole named Yuga (from LBW). Yuga ported Zelda over to the Twilight Realm via an artifact and they got tasked with the job of retrieving ancient reliquaries to bring Zelda back. About halfway through the campaign the party learned the Kokiri had pulled a Link and was secretly the Hylian bastard child of Vaati. After getting them back into the party, they went off and got Zelda back before going to try and ambush Ganondorf.

They managed to seal him (temporarily) and seize his Triforce of Power (Gerudo Male Paladin got it), a close NPC had gotten the Triforce of Wisdom and another player got the Triforce of Courage. When the time came to fully seal Ganon by giving Zelda and Link their Triforces, Paladin flips shit and says they need to overthrow the monarchy since Ganon keeps popping back and ruining shit. He got possessed by Ganon and everyone fought before the spell clicked and New Ganon got sealed. Campaign ended with Vaati being wished on to be good and overall good ending.

>tits at a keyboard
>Nipples snapping back and forth to strike the keys with sharp precision

I think the real trick is a system that handles puzzles well.

Wouldn't that just fall on the GM being creative?

This.

I think the system can also play a big role in giving players interesting tools to use (and thereby giving the GM interesting things to design puzzles around).

Most systems are gonna come with their own list of magic spells, powers, etc. That kind of stuff is gonna heavily impact your puzzle design.

Also, if you're running a puzzle-focused campaign, you're gonna need 5x more effort for set-up than running a typical combat/survival campaign.

Currently am. In fact I'm running it twice at the same time, both for an IRL group of friends and an IRC group.
I'm using 5e, but only because all my players already knew it and it's an industrially tested system. I won't pretend that it's especially perfect for the setting, but it works well enough, although I had to homebrew a whole lot of races and equipment for obvious reasons.
Between the two parties there's a kokiri sorceress, a sheikah paladin, a gerudo alchemist, a hylian fighter, a moblin ranger, and a zora sorcerer. Everything is going pretty well.

How about using the tri-stat system? Start with renaming the attributes 'Power', 'Wisdom' and 'Courage' instead of 'body', 'mind' and 'soul' and see what happens

Veeky Forums gets shit done

1d4chan.org/wiki/Legend_of_Zelda_RPG

more links & character sheets at the bottom of that page

The setting is zelda yoy fucking mong. I ran a one on one for a wile baced on zelda games. Pretty much a dungeon crawl with lots of puzzles. It was pretty fun. Zelda dose not have enough lore to build a living world.

Boy what I wouldn't give for a second font on that sheet.

That sheet doesn't match up to the link?

I might have to give it a try. I'm a sucker for three-stat systems. I'm trying to work on one myself

I actually did run a small campaign using the fan homebrew. It a quasi post-OOT game that went for three sessions. Despite a very odd set of circumstances none of the players who started the campaign were actually there to end it was actually a lot of fun.

Orginal party was
-A young Great Fairy (Using the kokiri race) who specialized in heavy armor and a war hammer. Instead of leaves her armor was actually gold chains covering her body.
-A Gerudo warrior who owed a debt to the fairy for saving her life after she got lost in the woods. Dual swords.
-A Korok bard who specialized in an aoe friendly fire explosion song.

And with random additions of
-A Majora Mask style Zora who we added a racial ability to use fin boomerangs for.
-A Goron who was looking for his missing brother (said brother actually being the villain of the campaign).
-Two Gerudo travelers searching for a stolen artifact, one who used dual swords and the other who was a bard.
-A sword and board using Zora who could only say his name.
-Another Zora who specialized in bow and arrows.
-A Skullkid minmaxer who put all his points into blowing things up with a single spell.

They originally set out to figure out why the fairy's well went dry, and followed the water source to the original Forest Temple... Only to walk through the door and discover the entire thing had collapsed in on itself and the only thing remaining was the sewer system. Que water dungeon. The boss was a series of metal walkways hanging by chains above a large pool of water. The party had to attack the chains to make it lose it's grip on the ceiling to become partly submerged and expose it's weak points. Highlights include one of the Zora robbing the villain blind before he was even able to react, and the Goron helping 'relocate' teammates via chucking them across the arena.

>A Skullkid minmaxer who put all his points into blowing things up with a single spell.
Did he succeed in being blast compared to other dedicated damage dealers?

Zelda has tons of lore, and even better it's actively designed so that the actual details of any specific piece of lore can be altered or abandoned as the GM sees it.

Your sentence doesn't make any sense so I'm gonna guess at what you're saying.

He was only there for the middle session (thankfully), and the party mostly fought weak fodder so he didn't manage to make the rest of the team obsolete. He did blow a like like to bits. He wouldn't have been too bad at the boss since the boss had 4 separated health bars that were each invulnerable until the puzzle was solved, but he has a habit of trying to trivialize any campaign he's in.

Did he get to try his hand at spell cascading? Did it work?

Yes, both in the sense of using Actual Termina as a setting for a Pathfinder game (my friend owns most of the books as hardcovers and is reluctant to switch to 5e, #InTooDeep) and using a Zelda-heavy influence for an Exalted game (Heroic Mortals with Created-Races heavy Cascading Years scenario).

I didn't know there was a 1d4chan back then. That's how newb I was.

Bump

Played a game in a friends homebrew some 15 years ago was fun as hell. I played a young knight of Hyrule who couldn't into horses and decided to take a leave of absence from the castle after his horse fucked up the royal garden, was hotheaded as hell, heavily armoured and had what amounted to an a warhammer made out of an immovable rod.

Frineds were a Zora prince from a different lake who came to this land to woo Ruto, too bad she knew he was lying, cheating cunt of a noble(buddy loved playing up what a scumbag he was) and rejected him so he came to Hyrule as an ambassador so he could make a good name for himself. Ran into my guy and was convinced to join him in an epic quest (said quest being a bullshit excuse to get away from the castle, and since the Zora had a wagon that would be he figured he'd make a quick getaway).

The third was a shiek in training Zelda sent to find her errant knight an drag his ass back.A serous business type, but rather naive, he wound up getting caught up in a big cattle rush/Gerudo raid/sand kraken attack. Decided to stick with us because he was shamed after his cover was blown (the entire Gerudo tribe saw his dick after a rampaging bull's horn hooked his pants) and because he was feeling to restricted by life in the castles shadows and wanted some adventure.

We went on to be glorious madmen across Hyrule. Fighting moblin hordes, starting a harem of pirate waifus and building a fortress on the back of a giant wandering tortoise. Shit was cash.

Sounds pretty rad, what was the homebrew system like?

It was rules light as fuck. Typical three stats of power, courage and wisdom which would be paired with a skill for relevant actions. All stats and skills ranged from 0-6 and we'd roll either a d6 or a d12 depending on how hard the action was. Sometime we'd get a plus or minus to our result due to other factors.

Then damage would be relevant stat plus weapon damage against health witch was based on courage and power combined. There was other stuff that was pretty much made up on the spot because we were mostly doing rule of cool and he liked throwing bullshit tests at us for laughs, though we could get through some without the bullshit if we came up with a clever or funny solution.

bump