Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

reading is hard edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=LOB0A_mphX8

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1482
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/23/forge-world-preview-the-next-hero-for-the-warhammer-40000-character-series-announced/
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/23/tank-week-which-space-marine-tank-is-best-you-decide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey, dummy, did you finally find it?

First for gay nightclubs

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/23/forge-world-preview-the-next-hero-for-the-warhammer-40000-character-series-announced/

PRAISE BE

I hope everyone has fun with whatever army they play and whatever way they most enjoy the hobby :)

Rise of the Ynnari Ghost warrior epub when?

First for Ultramarines are GOAT underground cool kids' faction.

Oh another borine.

I just threw up a little.

Just when I thought FW's OC DOUGHNUTSTEEL TOTALLY ORIGINAL DO NOT STEAL fanwank chapter could not get any more cringy.

What's the best source for learning the 8th edition changes? I haven't played in so long that I barely remember how to play 7th. Is there even a quick-reference sheet for 8th like there was for 7th?

>locking your chapter master in an insanity box
Seems like a good idea

Damn, that does look good. Wonder what they're gonna do for the rest of the FW chapters.

What the fuck is that "daily duncan" shit?
Why do retards make threads like this?

Someone make a new thread and delete this one.

>What's the best source for learning the 8th edition changes?
Get the book out of the mega. Rules are like 10 pages long. Big differences is to wound chart, WS and BS, morale.
Maybe watch a not MWG batrep that's fairly recent.

Black-library.com

Is there a mega of the new Black Library mega?

>reading is hard edition

Whoever created this thread successfully cast Prescience.

it's hard not to have fun with a chaplain dreadnought
hit on 2s rerolling 1s, wound on 2 or 3s, 3 individual 6+ feel no pains, and is a character so it can take the armor indomitus

We don't want to actually pay the ridiculous Black Library prices.

How dare you play and collect an army that does marginally better than mine you WAACfagging piece of shit!
I'll have you know you're a pile of human GARBAGE for even trying to hide your waacfaggery behind hipster reasons like you actually enjoy painting and collecting.
I have seen your lie for what it is and I am gleefully awaiting when your army gets nerfed into the FUCKING GUTTER and I can take my rightful place curb-stomping it at my leisure.
You make me fucking sick WAACfag.

Rules are free and less than 15pgs long, a quick sheet is totally unnecessary, watch some batreps to get a feel for the game and then read the rulebook, this game is always best learned by practicing instead of just reading.

>twin assault cannon
worthless compared to a storm cannon array

>His court was attended by the fiercest of warlords and the most beautiful of maidens.
did leman russ father children? assuming the quote isn't about wolves

>underground
I see what you did there.

What is the point of commissar after the FAQ?
They seem to kill more guys than anything. It is like paying to lose more models.

As SoBfag I'm honestly confuse about the IG FAQ

Yes, I would hope he gets special rules to justify it, like Relentless and Master-Crafted (i.e. improved Damage).

HERESY

He provides a bonus to leadership. And if you roll a 6 on morale, it probably worth it to dome a dude for a 66% chance to lose less dudes, a 16.6% to lose the Same and 16.6 to lose one more.

tanks can't father children

So, basically, they're like re-rolling only worse, so you should only use them to re-roll 5s and 6s, and even then, only when 5s and 6s are at least 1 additional casualty, so it's usually worth the re-roll. The tl;dr is that you'll virtually never want the re-roll and it can't save more than 2/3 of a guardsman, statistically - their aura of LD9 is actually much, *much* better than their Execute, now. They're going to very seriously struggle to earn back their points.

from this point on i'll only take a commissar if i run max size conscripts. otherwise i'll take a cheap command squad with a banner or leman russ stratagem

>I play SOB, honest!
>But don't you think Commissars are nerfed too hard?

TOP KEK

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/23/tank-week-which-space-marine-tank-is-best-you-decide/

What's the best tank, guys?

I play super smash bros melee so I'm used to making them hard reads

Wait, does this mean what I think it means? That the time of the beep-boops my soon be nigh?

the dreadnought

I play crons and what do you mean models can sponge of other model's leadership?
Why would you even what that?
What's the point?
Everyone is Ld10 anyway.

Who else here excited for next week's tyranids preview? I don't even care much of they fuck over the Dex. Just want to see what we get and new fluff. I might not be an oldfag but I learned to embrace 7th so I don't mind particularly shit unusable units/rules

The only faction that can't share their trait with tanks isn't going to field tanks, it's going to field dreads.

Xenos players post your conversions

I'm less excited ever since the Imperial Guard FAQ declared GSC were going to be their own Codex, separate from Tyranids. Pretty certain 8E Tyranids are going to be intrinsically about allying with GSC.

Wouldn't that picture be better with a chaos marine saying
>the loyalists know
>shut it down

Since he looks nice, I guess i'll buy him and count as a normal Leviathan.

nope

>But don't you think Commissars are nerfed too hard?
Only thing that went too far is the mandatory blam'ing.

If any Guard unit loses 8 models. There IS a possibility to roll a 1 and have the unit survive with 1 model. But with a Commissar's mandatory blam'ing you'll lose 2 models.

Alpha Legion marine

>As SoBfag I'm honestly confuse about the IG FAQ
Not you again. Either post your sisters or fuck off, you ruined the thread yesterday with your idiocy.
The fucking point of them is a massive bonus to leadership and a chance to reroll, meaning that they end up as fearless as marines. The only unit that it's shit with is conscripts, and they NEEDED that nerf badly

Make that picture happen then user

tyranids have never had army-wide variety before so it's exciting for sure

would be real fucking cool if they had the stages of invasion for rules instead of hive fleet tactics

Lots of biomorphs or riot

How are people STILL so literally retarded regarding commisars?

It says it written down, like this text you're reading now, that the BLAMMED model does not contribute to the number for purposes of morale.

So how do you get this 'Commisars make your guys lose more'? They boost your base leadership, that's their main point now. Marines have leadership 8 and you complain about leadership 9 in your infantry squads? GTFO here WAACfag niggers.

As a newfag to 40K is there anything I should be aware of going in as far as general decorum goes? I can learn general tactics and shit on my own, but I don't want to accidentally pick up any faggy habits out of ignorance.

might want to give it some better arms, that claw looks lame

You don't get to choose if you use his reroll or not. Summary execution is now a rather pointless roll.

> A chapter of god-know-what-founding-they-are.
> Have a fucking Leviathan.
FW fanwank is just stupid now, atleast he looks cool.

Aaaarrrrgghhhhhhhh

How'd they turn out?

How popular are AdMech as an army?

if you're not 100% sure, look it up real quick

Wow, I missed that it's compulsory. That is seriously awful.

It looks quite alright in this pic though,

Kek wills him to shut the fuck up

You didn't get to choose to use old summary execution either
Funny how people only complain when it's not broken as fuck

Roll your own dice.

Use your own markers/measuring tape shit.

Quints confirm that the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""sob player"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" needs to shut the fuck up

Don't be a faggot when you play
This isn't vidya, you have to interact with these people irl, also a LGS scene is lucky to have 10 regular comers, you really don't wanna fall out with them and start loosing people you can play with

Spoopy.

autistically space all your models exactly 2" apart

This IS broken as fuck, just brokenly bad, not brokenly good. It was fine when you couldn't choose not to use it and never wanted to choose not to use it, but now that it's usually worse than not having a Commissar nearby, *of course* people complain that it's compulsory.

Commissars now cost most points to make your army usually *worse* at morale checks. Great.

what would make it okay?
If it's their only leviathan?

All fixed in the recent errata, user.

(((The Relic)))

Who thought of this game type? Its so cancerous and I see it all the time in battle reports and in tournaments. What gives?

>QUINTUPLES
THE EMPEROR WILLS IT SO.
STFO SOBfag

Funny joke user

Wasn't the whole point of them that they had access to an old forge for mary sue reasons?

I've had it 2 monthly tourneys in a row and the organizer did relic twice because he rolls the missions randomly
I won and lost one but both games were absolute cancer because relic is gay, should not be a matched play mission

I just hope this is his final form or else we will see Titanform real soon.

bring back alpha, omega and gamma mission options

Chaos Nazis BTFO.

>This IS broken as fuck, just brokenly bad, not brokenly good. It was fine when you couldn't choose not to use it and never wanted to choose not to use it, but now that it's usually worse than not having a Commissar nearby, *of course* people complain that it's compulsory.
>Commissars now cost most points to make your army usually *worse* at morale checks. Great.
No it fucking doesn't. It gives you LD8. That alone will allow you to earn it's points back in 3 morale phases with conscripts, and even faster with more expensive units.
You're paying 30 points to be nearly as fearless as marines and that's somehow not good enough? Fuck off you whining little bitch
>but muh middle ground
I swear to god don't you siggest that retarded fucking 4+ save against morale casulties that makes no sense fluff or crunch wise

Nothing, because idiots always care about fluff for no reason.

What'd be a good Knight to run with my Ad Mech? Should I just magnetize every bit of it so I can run it as whatever?
Aww shit. I was just wondering if any chapter had a dread as chapter master.

Wait so does helbrute still benefit from legion tactics?

>you should only use them to re-roll 5s and 6s,
user....the ability is mandatory

>fucming quints
WAACfags eternally BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

hhhhhhhhggrrrraaaA

Why can't Tallarn infiltrate 9 tanks? Its fluffy as fuck.

SoB player here btw.

>have a really simple and elegant keyword system
>fuck it up immediately
jesus, they should have just given the helbrute and the contemptors the 'chaos dreadnaught' key word, then have fire frenzy ONLY apply to HELBRUTES and leagion tactics apply to all chaos dreads

>a FB post is a FAQ
nope, still going to fire frenzy with my dule butcher cannon contemtor

A cute one.

GW, you fucking idiots

>only leviathan?
I hope that CM isn't in charge as:
>Power has its cost though, and the systems of the Leviathan place a lethal level of strain on the minds its occupants. Those few examples that survive in the armouries of Space Marine Chapters into the 41st Millennium are reserved for the direst of circumstances. Marines who find themselves interred within a Leviathan will pay a heavy toll; either with their life, or their reason.

It sounds like that Dreadnougbt chassis is one step away from Helbrute tier

Yes. Read your FAQ.

>Guy claims to be SoB player
>is actually a guard player
>pretending to be the all girl faction
Are guard players the 40k version of traps?

What's the point of ogryn bodyguards after the FAQ?
They seem more pointless than anything. They can only guard guys who can't be shot at

As SoBfag I'm honestly confuse about the IG FAQ

I think if you can afford the cost, the Crusader is still a good fire base to but general hurt on people. I personally run an Errant because I like huge meltas. I can't comment on FW knights, never seen them perform.

You should crop irrelevant shit before you resize.

The Primaris dread kills the occupant.

No, traps are attractive.

Melee. Snipers.